PDA

View Full Version : Who's a better ClayCourter: is Patty Schynder better than Maria Sharapova????

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
well
i dont know...

even though recently Sharapova has a better
clay result...
and Schnyder doesnt even have a good clay result

i mean..
i dont think that she has won any title...
has she??

Renalicious
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Schnyder best surface is clay but Maria is still better at it than Patty is so :shrug: Maria.

timafi
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Scnhyder without a doubt
she's won titles on red and green clay and has made the finals at the biggest clay court tournament in tennis outside of Roland Garros:Rome
and has a great record in Berlin
winning AI is one thing but making the finals or winning Rome is the ultime
after RG
sorry but Patty>>>Maria!!!!
s

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
i vote for Equally good cuz..
both have different tactics on clay
and both can be EFFECTIVE..

but Maria has a bigger heart

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Schnyder best surface is clay but Maria is still better at it than Patty is so :shrug: Maria.

Patty-Sharapova H2H on Clay
1-1

05 ROME P. SCHNYDER 3-6 6-3 6-1
07 PARIS M. SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 9-7

hehe

i say..
if they play 10 times

Sharapova will win 6 out of ten

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Scnhyder without a doubt
she's won titles on red and green clay and has made the finals at the biggest clay court tournament in tennis outside of Roland Garros:Rome
after RG
s

lol

Schnyder only has one QF showing in RG
while Maria has a Semi and a couple of Quarters

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
even though Maria would beat Patty on clay
who would the top clay players play on the red stuff, most would rather face Masha.

mashamaniac
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'd go with maria! she's just 21 this year,yes has just won her 1st clay title but last year reached semis of RG,and didn't play too many events like patty did!
this year she'll have more clay titles on clay so Masha>patty.

lee station
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Maria is better player

timafi
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:40 PM
lol

Schnyder only has one QF showing in RG
while Maria has a Semi and a couple of Quarters

outside of Roland Garros,Patty's clay court results are by far superior to those of Maria's on both green and red clay.:shrug:
any good clay courter would rather have Maria on the other side of the net than Patty
guess you forgot how Ivanovic absolutey destroyed Maria:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
outside of Roland Garros,Patty's clay court results are by far superior to those of Maria's on both green and red clay.:shrug:
any good clay courter would rather have Maria on the other side of the net than Patty

mmm
Sharapova was probably tired..
and she had that shoulder thing of hers to worry about...

mashamaniac
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Ans guess you forget that patty is like 8-9 years older than maria??

Vincey!
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Patty is probably a best clay courter than Sharapova, but I think Maria will beat her on clay anyway...:shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Patty is a better clay courter. Hands down.

But Maria is a better player in general.

denisgiann
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Scnhyder without a doubt
after RG
s

Ask yourself a very simple question... who of the pair has more chances of winning RG....I dont think there is a sane person out there that thinks patty can go all the way in RG although she is a better mover and all.On the other hand maria with her sheer power and determination has at least a chance .. maybe not now maybe in the future but she has one.Patty has none.

fleemke³
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Schnyder is one off the better clay court players! Useless poll! Maria is the better player now but her game sucks on clay court :o

joćo.
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Although Maria would be able to beat Schnyder on clay i think Patty is better.

mboyle
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM

1. Roland Garros is the most important clay tournament.
2. Maria hasn't played as much on clay as Patty.
3. I somehow think Justine would rather face Patty than Maria on clay.

The point is, surface doesn't matter very much in women's tennis. Patty is closer to Maria on clay than on grass, but Maria is still better.

kwilliams
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Schynder is easily the more talented of the two on clay but Sharapova is overall a better player.
I'd give Schnyder a slight edge on clay.

Bruno71
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Patty-Sharapova H2H on Clay
1-1

05 ROME P. SCHNYDER 3-6 6-3 6-1
07 PARIS M. SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 9-7

hehe

i say..
if they play 10 times

Sharapova will win 6 out of ten

That could be true. Even if Maria won 7 or 8 out of 10, however, all that proves is she's a bad matchup for Patty. And yes, she's a better player overall, but Patty is a significantly better "clay courter."

danieln1
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Maria is much better without a doubt!

Russianboy
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:48 PM

um it's one match LMAO
u want to argue with just one result in the past? u are ridiculous :wavey:

justine schnyder
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe Maria is the better player between the two, but Patty's game is more suit to the surface (And prettier imo ;) )

LudwigDvorak
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Despite being one of the better claycourt players of the past decade or so, only 3/10 of her titles have come on clay--one TIII and two IVs. Her two big titles came on indoor carpet.

6/13 finals she's lost, however, have come on clay--including Charleston twice and Rome. Her last top five win came on green clay (Henin '06). Of all of her thirty-seven top ten wins, fifteen have come on clay, including Sanchez-Vicario, Coetzer, Martinez, Mauresmo, S. Williams, Capriati, Kuznetsova, Henin, and Hingis.

Sharapova did win Amelia Island, sure, but I doubt she ever matches Schnyder's record on clay.

vadin124
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM
3-6 6-4 9-7

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Patty is probably a best clay courter than Sharapova, but I think Maria will beat her on clay anyway...:shrug:
I agree.