PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Lindsay At Amelia Island

DENNYLEG
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I finally got to see Lindsay play live again at Amelia Island,after 9 years of trying. She played very well overall in both her 4th round and quarterfinal match. Also, on Thursday,my first day there, I was about 10 yards away from Lindsay, when my sister spotted her and told me. When I looked over,she and Adam Peterson were both looking at me,as they were headed towards me. I was in shock and alittle nervous and I looked down and kept walking for a couple seconds and out of their path,to retrieve my new digital camera from my purse. By the time I turned and tried to focus it, my sister said she didnt know how to use it and Lindsay was a fraction behind me.I had some fun cameras with me too so, I probably could have asked to take a picture with her, which would have been a once in a lifetime moment. But instead my sister and I followed her to her practice court,where I got to see her up close and took many pictures,including Jon coming in with Jagger. Her serve and her groundstrokes are amazing to see up close. Just that first day alone was worth the trip!

Dave.
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
aww, I'm glad you got to see Lindsay after 9 years:hug:

All these stories about fans going to events are making me so excited for Wimbledon. If I even get within sight of Lindsay I know I will be a nervous wreck. Hopefully I'll be able to ask her for an autograph or picture.

DENNYLEG
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Thanks Dave! I hope you get to see Lindsay at Wimbledon and if you are near her, I hope you do get an autograph and/or picture with her. I heard several people who either met or saw her,say she is really nice to the fans,especially kids! Also, I had several knee procedures in Vail,Colorado,at the same hospital where Lindsay had her knee procedure. I brought her name up to several therapists, who worked on her for a few weeks and they all said how cool and nice she was! Denise

LindsayRulz
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I'm happy you got to see Lindsay for the first time Denise :) Maybe next time you'll be able to take a picture with her :hug:

Thanks to her comeback, I also had the chance to see Lindsay for the first time in Québec City. It was the semi final against Zvonareva and at the end of the match, I found a way to reach her despite all the crowd around her and I got her autograph :D. She was really patient and nice with all the fans. I was at about 4-5 feets from her and I was SO nervous that I tried to say a little "thanks" but no sound came off my mouth :lol:

The moment she walked on the court was indescribable. I never thought I would get the opportunity to see her as she never played here in Canada (or almost never did). Hope you get to see her too at Wimbly Dave :D

Lindsayfan32
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Denny it's great you got to see Lindsay play live. I last saw Lindsay play live at the Australian open in 99. You don't truly appreiate how hard Lindsay hits the ball until you see her live. I used to go for ten days straight and watch all her matches singles, doubles and mixed. I f I did that now I would be called a stalker. Could you please post any photos you took here I would like to see them. :)

DENNYLEG
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Thanks LindsayRulz. I am glad you got Lindsays autograph in Quebec City. I wish Lindsay played in Canada because I live just outside of Buffalo, N.Y., which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to Toronto, depending on how fast you drive and about 5 1/2 hrs to Montreal, so these tournaments would be the closest for me to go to. I think a few years ago Lindsay entered Montreal and played 1 or 2 matches before she hurt her foot and had to retire from the tournament. I was all set to get my tickets for that weekend too. This is why I havent seen her play in so long. Every time I get ready to go to a tournament or get tickets to a tournament Lindsay enters, she either withdraws last minute do to injury or fatigue,or gets hurt in the early rounds and retires or occasionally loses earlier than expected. Thats why I wanted to see her play her 4th round and quarterfinal match. Just in case something happened and sure enough, she withdrew her semi-final match, due to illness.

DENNYLEG
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks Lindsayfan 32. I am glad you got to see Lindsay at The Australian Open. That is one tournament I really want to go to. It looks like so much fun! Also, I heard Australia is beautiful and it looks so nice on T.V. I will load my pictures on the computer if someone can help me do it. Do you have any tips? This is my first digital camera and I have never done this before. I took quite a few pictures, between Lindsays practice and the two matches I saw her play in. I hope most of them turned out well.

LindsayRulz
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks LindsayRulz. I am glad you got Lindsays autograph in Quebec City. I wish Lindsay played in Canada because I live just outside of Buffalo, N.Y., which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to Toronto, depending on how fast you drive and about 5 1/2 hrs to Montreal, so these tournaments would be the closest for me to go to. I think a few years ago Lindsay entered Montreal and played 1 or 2 matches before she hurt her foot and had to retire from the tournament. I was all set to get my tickets for that weekend too. This is why I havent seen her play in so long. Every time I get ready to go to a tournament or get tickets to a tournament Lindsay enters, she either withdraws last minute do to injury or fatigue,or gets hurt in the early rounds and retires or occasionally loses earlier than expected. Thats why I wanted to see her play her 4th round and quarterfinal match. Just in case something happened and sure enough, she withdrew her semi-final match, due to illness.

I'm sorry to hear that you bought tickets before she had to withdraw :hug:
Yeah, we never know what to expect with Lindsay and I was afraid she might withdraw before or during the tournament so I bought my tickets the day of the QFs.

I live exactly between Québec city and Montreal so it's not a problem for me to assist to any of these tournaments. I don't even remember when was the last time she played Montreal and the tournament is sheduled in a really bad moment this year, unfortunatly for us (right after L.A. and two weeks before the Olympics). I guess we won't have the chance to see her here this year. Lindsay said that she wanted to comeback at the Challenge Bell this year during her winner speech last year though :).

Lindsayfan32
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:56 AM
There are two ways you can post photos to this board. One is via file attachment and the other is by uploading your photos to a photo sharing site like photo bucket and then link them using image tags.

I personally prefer to attach photos as file attachments as I find it easier and I used to have a really slow computer and this was the easiest way to do it.

Here is how you attach a photo.

Click on go advanced at the bottom of the screen
Then go down to the bottom of that screen and there should "attach files" click on manage files
Then click on browse and click on the file you want and then click upload. You have to do this for each file you want to upload

I hope this helps as I would really like to see your photos Denny:)

cheo23
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Please POst your Pics!!!!!!

DENNYLEG
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the help Lindsayfan 32. I completed the first part, which is uploading the pictures from my camera to the computer. I need help putting the pictures to an attachment file. Also, what e-mail address or website do I use, to send the pictures to? I dont have go advanced at the bottom of my screen. I have Windows 2000 software if that helps you. Thanks in advance for the additional help! Finally, Cheo23 I will send you pictures, as soon as I can figure out the problems listed above. Thanks, Denise

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Click on the 'post reply' button just below the last post, it's the same as 'go advanced'. Then when your in the reply screen, scroll down to 'attach files' and click the 'manage attachments' button. There you can select the files you want from your computer and they will appear on your post. I hope this helps Denise. :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Great story DENNYLEG. Can't wait to see the pics.:bounce:

DENNYLEG
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks Dave for the help. When I get into the reply screen, I scroll down and see posting rules and under that is, you may post attachments. I then tried to right click and I dont see a manage attachments choice or button. What do I do next? I really want to send you guys the pictures. There are alot of Lindsay and they all turned out pretty good. Thanks again, Denise

DENNYLEG
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
O.k. Guys I got another step closer but the pictures are not up yet. I found additional options. Then I went to attach files and manage attachments. Next, I chose browse and clicked onto each individual picture and hit upload and I dont know what happened to the pictures. They are not on The Tower of Power website? Help! Thanks, Denise

LindsayRulz
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
If you're not able to attach pictures, you can try to upload them and post them directly. Go on http://www.tinypic.com/, click on the "parcourir" buttom, search for your pictures then on "télécharger" then copy and paste the second link they give you and post it here :).

mal
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I was in shock and alittle nervous and I looked down and kept walking for a couple seconds and out of their path,to retrieve my new digital camera from my purse. By the time I turned and tried to focus it, my sister said she didnt know how to use it and Lindsay was a fraction behind me.I had some fun cameras with me too so, I probably could have asked to take a picture with her, which would have been a once in a lifetime moment.

No I heard she doesn't like her pictures being taken when she's nursing an injury.:tape:

DENNYLEG
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks LindsayRulz for the help. I went to the website you mentioned and there was no parcourier anywhere and the french version had telecharger. I switched back to the english version but the problem is I dont know how to copy and paste and I couldnt get it to display on my computer. I am not as computer saavy as the rest of you guys. When I tried Daves way, my computer states this program cannot display this webpage. It should have gone directly to Lindsays web page correct? Denise