PDA

View Full Version : Chakvetadze's Comments After The Match...

iPatty
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AuVevr1oFTEV8C3OoXBEahI4v7YF?slug=ap-charleston&prov=ap&type=lgns

Chakvetadze, a Russian won her seventh tour title indoors at Paris earlier this year, faced Cirstea on a blustery day. Temperatures were in the high 50s and winds gusted to more than 30 mph, but Chakvetadze wasn’t blaming the conditions.

“She just pushed the ball back and I made mistakes,” she said. “I think it’s just the way I’m playing right now.”

Basically calling Sorana a pusher. :o
Why has she been struggling so much to get the ball in the court this year? Oh yeah, because she shouldn't even be Top 10 in the first place. :hearts:

UDACHi
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:07 AM
at least she knows she's been sucking it up. :lol:
time for anna to get it together. red clay isn't her favorite but she can do so much better.

markdelaney
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:08 AM
when you're ranked 5th and every player ranked 1-4 and 6 beats you easily, it can't do much for the confidence

beriadan
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Poor Anna, sometimes she is just so depressing.

austennis
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
yea she is not top legitimate top 5 champion but she deserves 2 b doing better than this

tennisbear7
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM
This is great for Sorana.

Next year, she will be in the RG semis.

(In line with Myskina's comments about Nicole :haha:)

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Anna didn't say Sorana was a weak player. She said she was making all the mistakes.
It's nothing like Myskina's comment.

Natash.
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:18 AM
:lol: Lovely seeing Anna call someone a pusher. :hearts:

When Anna plays well, she's soo much fun to watch. But when she's not, it's just :scared: :tape:

Lunaris
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:19 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AuVevr1oFTEV8C3OoXBEahI4v7YF?slug=ap-charleston&prov=ap&type=lgns

Why has she been struggling so much to get the ball in the court this year? Oh yeah, because she shouldn't even be Top 10 in the first place. :hearts:
What are you talking about? She's right. I will repeat myself that Anna's inability to keep the ball in play has nothing to do with the rankings. Her coaches just made her play like a stupid ballbashing machine and it seems there is no easy way back. But she still has time to make it work, although I don't think she will.
This shit about the rankings and who deserves or doesn't deserve to be where really has gotten out of hand on this board.

tennisbear7
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Anna didn't say Sorana was a weak player. She said she was making all the mistakes.

:spit: But if labelling someone a "pusher" is not insulting, then...

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Did you see the 3rd set? I didn't. She's talking about a strategy, when you play someone who's making a lot of ue's.

iPatty
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:22 AM

It is down the same alley. Calling her a pusher is definitely calling her a weak player.
Although Nastya was much more catty and rude. :lol:

I mean I haven't seen Sorana play so I don't know if she has a valid point or not, but saying things like that to the press just isn't good sportsmanship. She is Top 10 in the world, she should have found a way to win even if Sorana is a pusher.

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Unless you saw it, you don't know.
Myskina won RG by hitting a lot of balls down the middle and letting Venus and Jen make ue's.
And if it's very windy and your opponent is making ue's, playing safe is smart.

Natash.
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:26 AM
It is down the same alley. Calling her a pusher is definitely calling her a weak player.
Although Nastya was much more catty and rude. :lol:

I mean I haven't seen Sorana play so I don't know if she has a valid point or not, but saying things like that to the press just isn't good sportsmanship. She is Top 10 in the world, she should have found a way to win even if Sorana is a pusher.

Sorana is definitely not a pusher. :p :lol: She was outhitting Ivanovic at the AO and is very erratic. Big first serve as well.

Tennisstar86
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
its a clay court sweetie... dont worry you'll take your rightful place outside the top 10 soon...

kinglear
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:28 AM

What did Myskina say? And which Nicole was she talking about?

Lunaris
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Also take into account that maybe English isn't Anna's strongest point, I remember her saying some questionable things in the past, not sure if she meant it the way it sounded, though.

tterb
I think I remember Sorana playing Ana this year, and if I'm remembering correctly, she was anything but a pusher in that match. Interesting.

Slutati
Chaky should've gotten used to being a loser by now.

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Let us know when Golovin has 7 titles.

iPatty
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:32 AM

:weirdo:

You sure have changed goldie, you weren't making immature comments like this awhile ago.

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Will do.5 more to go:banana:

starin
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:34 AM
for Goldenlox and co. here's a test:

“She just pushed the ball back and I made mistakes,” Williams said. “I think it’s just the way I’m playing right now.”

Now see what your reaction to the comment is. I have a feeling it's going to be a good deal worse.

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:36 AM
:weirdo:

You sure have changed goldie, you weren't making immature comments like this awhile ago.You think I should be above the stupid quotes? :D
I'm answering in a way that stupid posters like that can understand.

Nicolás89
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:37 AM
for Goldenlox and co. here's a test:

Now see what your reaction to the comment is. I have a feeling it's going to be a good deal worse.

No. The same. :shrug:

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:37 AM
That's almost word for word what Anna said. Anna needs to go be more original.

iPatty
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:43 AM
You think I should be above the stupid quotes? :D
I'm answering in a way that stupid posters like that can understand.

I thought you were, yes. ;)
The reaction to Serena saying these things would be much different but I don't really see the point of that. :o

starin
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I thought you were, yes. ;)
The reaction to Serena saying these things would be much different but I don't really see the point of that. :o

i just get tired of people being so hypocritical. Serena and Venus say shite like this and people get their panties in a twist and keep going on and on about how horrible they are, and arrogant and etc.

But when Mauresmo says something like, she didn't have to do anything on court she just had to show up.
Or Chakvetadze says this shit, etc these same douches are all up in arms defending them. It's just irritating. A little consistency in judgment would be nice to see.

Drake1980
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:53 AM
its a clay court sweetie... dont worry you'll take your rightful place outside the top 10 soon...

:spit:

Nicolás89
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:55 AM
i just get tired of people being so hypocritical. Serena and Venus say shite like this and people get their panties in a twist and keep going on and on about how horrible they are, and arrogant and etc.

But when Mauresmo says something like, she didn't have to do anything on court she just had to show up.
Or Chakvetadze says this shit, etc these same douches are all up in arms defending them. It's just irritating. A little consistency in judgment would be nice to see.

OMG :speakles: I can't believe people can act like that. :fiery:

starin
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:56 AM
OMG :speakles: I can't believe people can act like that. :fiery:

not people buddy. douchebags. And i think you may be one of them. :eek:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM

coming from the biggest hater of pushers in WGTA :p

Nicolás89
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:58 AM
not people buddy. douchebags. And i think you may be one of them. :eek:

Oh, no!!! :speakles:

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:06 AM
This is why I'm against quality points. Beating Anna right now is not that difficult, yet she's still #6 from last year's results.
We always get uneven draws because players go thru slumps, or had streaks that ended.

Tennisstar86
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:12 AM
This is why I'm against quality points. Beating Anna right now is not that difficult, yet she's still #6 from last year's results.
We always get uneven draws because players go thru slumps, or had streaks that ended.

except if there were quality points Chakvedatzski prolly wouldnt even be #6 anyways... her only top wins are against Jelena.....

Lunaris
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:16 AM
except if there were quality points Chakvedatzski prolly wouldnt even be #6 anyways... her only top wins are against Jelena.....
I saw a few people counting the ranks with quality points and believe it or not, it didn't have almost any impact. Some points here and there but nothing more.

Tennisstar86
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I saw a few people counting the ranks with quality points and believe it or not, it didn't have almost any impact. Some points here and there but nothing more.

venus and Serena would def be ahead of Chak with Quality points and Im sure Davenport wouldnt currently be ranked 25.....

Lunaris
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:28 AM
venus and Serena would def be ahead of Chak with Quality points and Im sure Davenport wouldnt currently be ranked 25.....
How can you be sure about it if you didn't count it? A bit foolish, don't you think? Chakvetadze would have many quality points for beating players between 11-20 in the ranks, or for generally playing more events and therefore getting more quality points than the WS.

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:30 AM
ok, so annas right that shes making the mistakes and i dont think she meant cirstea is a pusher, she meant thats all she needed to do. i think this is a step forward for anna realising shes losing these matches to lower ranked players by making the errors.
cirstea is a good hitter of the ball and if she was just putting the ball in play its shows cirstea can adapt her game to an oponent, why make errors if your oponent is?

as for anna wake up and go back to last year and play your consistent, point constructing tennis.

i have a theory if anyones intrested that anna is probably blasting winners all over the practice court, its just that when it comes to a match she gets tight and dosen't make them. i think annas one of those players when the pressures off she is an amazing practice player. if i was her i would concentrate on getting back the consistency on the practice courts and take that onto the match court.

Vamos.
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM
:rolls:

She is a glorified pusher anyway. :shrug:

She is nothing special and shouldn't be dismissive like that until she has earned the right. She is no Serena Williams and never will be. She needs to go back to her "amazing angles".

Wow.

Derek.
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:06 AM
I'd start making bitter comments like these if the last three players I lost to were like 3 years younger than me too. :tape:

But in all honesty, what she said is probably true. :o

Il Primo!
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:07 AM

Agreed! Don't worry Babe, I will personnaly take care of A-Mo:)

Vamos.
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM

Daniela and Chakky couldn't get half a quality point between them. :hug: :hug:

I think the reaction to Chak's comments have been similar to Serena's. Lots of players make these types of comments.

For some it is warranted, for some it is not.

I don't know about Sorana's game much and I didn't see the match. So I don't know if, in this case, the comments are warranted.

But I still find the manner quite disrespectful. If that strategy works then you were outplayed basically. And I respect it quite a lot when a player has the guts to do that:shrug:...it takes a lot of guts because it basically puts the match in your opponent's hands and can be very hard to get out of playing in such a way.

So all in all she was outdone; she wanted errors from her opponent and she didn't get them. Fair play to her opponent. It is quite disrespectful. But I guess Anna thinks she is something special now :tape:.

Vamos.
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Agreed! Don't worry Babe, I will personnaly take care of A-Mo:)

But you are one of those hypocrites? As proved by another thread only the other day. :o

And how, exactly, are you going to take care of "A-Mo" (since when did people call her that anyway?) ?:rolleyes:

You are sad.

:lick:

Derek.
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:11 AM

No, don't worry.

Daniela would have at least some quality points from beating bagelling Sveta in the YEC last year. :wavey:

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:59 AM

:rolleyes:

oh right ok so i imagined chakky beating jj twice, venus, serena and dani last year, thats 5 top 10 wins right there!

RenaSlam.
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Aw.

Another testy Russian gives a nasty post-match interview.

Why am I not surprised?

tennisbear7
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:08 AM

oh right ok so i imagined chakky beating jj twice, venus, serena and dani last year, thats 5 top 10 wins right there!

When did she beat Serena? :S

Tennisstar86
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:11 AM

:lol: Venus Serena, And Dani were not ranked in the top 10 when Chak "beat" them......

I like hope beating poeple through retirments counts in head to head like it means anything....

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Probably in the YEC when Serena retired, if that's counted as a win:shrug:

starin
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:15 AM

In the YEC. Serena ret. after losing the 1st set 64.

Tennisation
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:42 AM
when you're ranked 5th and every player ranked 1-4 and 6 beats you easily, it can't do much for the confidencewrong! It's every player ranked 1-50

Thkmra
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:47 AM

:worship::worship::worship: Because it's Bullshit!!!!! There
is no rational answer, or explanation for the hypocritical,
terribly one-sidded Bullshit! ;)

But don't worry

next time I see a :

'Ugh, God Ws are so unclassy, they are sooooooo unsportsmanlike'

....they are so wrong for the game/badrepresentatives:rolleyes: ...I got quotes out
the ass!!

And use a mean ~copy-N Paster, if I do say so myself! :)

LudwigDvorak
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:51 AM
This was the best match of the day. The crowd fell in love with Sorana after this match. Great match/comeback against King, and then played amazing tennis against a top ten player. She had a standing ovation from many in the crowd, including myself. In the third set, Chakvetadze got up 2-0 with Sorana errors and playing pretty well. Then Sorana stopped making unforced errors, put more spin on the ball, and would still hit winners/unreturnables and big first serves anyway. Anna did not want to lose this match at ALL--remember how she was against Obziler in Israel? Exact same thing today, but against a much better opponent, it didn't work.

There was a turning point--at 62 16 02 deuce after 40-0 there was this EXTREMELY long point with both hitting all these great angles and should-have-been-winners, and Anna pushed a FH slightly long, and Sorana just took off from there. That had to have given her hope since she'd been broken easily in every service game of hers since the start of the second set.

I think Sorana is a very raw ballbasher right now--I watched parts of the first and the final two sets in completion, I probably saw her hit about three slices, but she has a huge game, and she made great use of it.

Congratulations Sorana for pushing when you did absolutely nothing of the sort. :worship:

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I don't know about Sorana's game much and I didn't see the match. So I don't know if, in this case, the comments are warranted.

But I still find the manner quite disrespectful. If that strategy works then you were outplayed basically. And I respect it quite a lot when a player has the guts to do that:shrug:...it takes a lot of guts because it basically puts the match in your opponent's hands and can be very hard to get out of playing in such a way.

So all in all she was outdone; she wanted errors from her opponent and she didn't get them. Fair play to her opponent. It is quite disrespectful. But I guess Anna thinks she is something special now :tape:.

I agree. Whenever I see somebody called a "pusher" and see others take up disparagingly about it, it really gets my goat. No matter who....... so it is not about any one player or favorite player. It is just a reaction to an elitist ideal about how the game "should" be played.

VeeJJ
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Okay, I don't think she's a bad player and she deserves her top ten spot, but she needs a break. Something is up wit her and she needs to figure it out.

homogenius
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:11 AM
This was the best match of the day. The crowd fell in love with Sorana after this match. Great match/comeback against King, and then played amazing tennis against a top ten player. She had a standing ovation from many in the crowd, including myself. In the third set, Chakvetadze got up 2-0 with Sorana errors and playing pretty well. Then Sorana stopped making unforced errors, put more spin on the ball, and would still hit winners/unreturnables and big first serves anyway. Anna did not want to lose this match at ALL--remember how she was against Obziler in Israel? Exact same thing today, but against a much better opponent, it didn't work.

There was a turning point--at 62 16 02 deuce after 40-0 there was this EXTREMELY long point with both hitting all these great angles and should-have-been-winners, and Anna pushed a FH slightly long, and Sorana just took off from there. That had to have given her hope since she'd been broken easily in every service game of hers since the start of the second set.

I think Sorana is a very raw ballbasher right now--I watched parts of the first and the final two sets in completion, I probably saw her hit about three slices, but she has a huge game, and she made great use of it.

Congratulations Sorana for pushing when you did absolutely nothing of the sort. :worship:

thanks for the report

homogenius
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM

Chakvetadze's comment sucks and she made it for the same reason than Serean made some in the past.She has a big ego (like most at this level) and all these losses against lower players are hard for her to swallow.She's a better player than Cirstea, but it doesn't mean she's right to call her a pusher.She lost the match so obviously, the other player was better on the day.

PS : I think the same when Serena makes the same type of comments.

PLP
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I think Anna is just frustrated and I truly doubt her comment was a rip on her opponent. She hasn't been winning as many matches this year and she is unhappy. I don't think we should judge players from post match interviews anyway, anyone who loses is going to be frustrated directly after the match, and most of them don't go into glowing detail about how great their opponent played.

kris719
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Chakvetadze's comment sucks and she made it for the same reason than Serean made some in the past.She has a big ego (like most at this level) and all these losses against lower players are hard for her to swallow.
Losing against a player who is worse than you and feeling bad about it means you have a big ego? :shrug:

Anna is correct in this instance. Cirstea was probably doing a lot of "pushing" because of the windy conditions, but Anna should learn how to capitalize on the "pushes" and should have made easy winners out of them.

homogenius
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Losing against a player who is worse than you and feeling bad about it means you have a big ego? :shrug:

No but I think that you don't reach the top10 without a big ego and some confidence in your abilities.Nothing wrong with that :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
poor Cattytadze...:sad: Top ten :bigwave:

Donatello
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:43 AM
The reason why the WTA ranking is so nice to her ...

She is just a very good tour scheduler with great endurance, hence the many tournaments and 3-set matches she does and the lack of injury throughout the season.

I do like her looks, so she gets that title as well

InsideOut.
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
In the YEC. Serena ret. after losing the 1st set 64.

And that counts as a win, and if you won a set it isn't that lousy a win as these:
Berlin 06 Li Na d. Ana Ivanovic 1-6 retired
Gold Coast 08 Francesca Schiavone d. Meghann Shaughnessy 0-6 0-1 retired :eek:
Can't remember others.

Lucyxx
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Analyzing what needs to be corrected and sometimes it comes off as inconceivable.

She must keep focused.

Russianboy
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:50 PM
at least she is right

Groenefelder25
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:22 PM
once again not giving any credit to her opponent. sure you can say what you did wrong all the time, but at least now and again say something good about your opponent.

Natash.
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM

There you have it folks. :wavey:

Thanks for the report. :hug:

Il Primo!
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:50 PM
But you are one of those hypocrites? As proved by another thread only the other day. :o

And how, exactly, are you going to take care of "A-Mo" (since when did people call her that anyway?) ?:rolleyes:

You are sad.

:lick:

Are all Sveta's idiotic fans stalkers? :unsure: :bolt:

And what makes me an "hypocrite"? You're going buckwild, fix your insanity already.

Freakan
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Who cares? :lol:
Go Anna! :rocker: