PDA

View Full Version : Serena: "I'll play anybody with the exception of Nadal, Federer and Santoro"

spiceboy
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:49 PM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/apr/15/serena_has_no_problem_whom_she_plays37300/

Serena has no problem with whom she plays

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

At the Cup

Serena Williams doesn't worry about the competition, and that was evident Monday when she arrived at the Family Circle Cup unaware that Justine Henin had withdrawn from this week's tournament.

"I thought she was in the tournament until you told me that," Williams said.
"I'll play anybody with the exception of (Rafael) Nadal, (Roger) Federer and (Fabrice) Santoro. Other than that, I'm open for anybody."

Anybody could be No. 2 seed Maria Sharapova, if both she and Williams reach the quarterfinals, a pairing worthy of the championship round in most tournaments.

Williams likes her chances this week at the Family Circle Cup.

"I'm feeling really good about my game," she said. "I'm just taking everything a day at a time and not getting too excited or too depressed.

"I love playing on the clay. I have a lot of fun on the clay. And this is a good clay court. It's not too slow, it's not too fast and you can produce a good slide on it."

Dodoboy.
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Damn right she will :lol:

cellophane
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
:rolls: at Santoro. She is right.

Jeff
:lol:

FORZA SARITA
why not Santoro?:lol:

jenny161185
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i have so much respect after Serena saying that about Federer Nadal and Santoro, When I watch him play He drives me nuts!!! I always thought if i was even a good pro i'd still lose to him - theres a guy who plays like that in my club!

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM

:lol: Because he has annoyed top players for 20 years.
I don't think Serena wants to be added to that list.

I love Serena's ambition.
If she believes she can beat some of the men, that's all I need to support her.
Because she was hitting the shit out of the ball in Miami.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I love this quote. It is great to hear Serena has respect for the Magician. :)

I have never been a Serena Williams fan. But this year I have been warming to her. I loved her play at Miami, it was the most patient and diciplined and varied I have ever seem her play, and this comment on Fabrice makes me smile big time.

I will always be someone who 90% of the time roots for the underdog but when Serena is opposing other top players particularly Henin and Sharapova I think henceforth I am going to be on her side a lot of the time. :yeah:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:37 PM
She would rip Santoro a new one

starin
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
:lol: Because he has annoyed top players for 20 years.
I don't think Serena wants to be added to that list.

I love Serena's ambition.
If she believes she can beat some of the men, that's all I need to support her.
Because she was hitting the shit out of the ball in Miami.

I don't think she does. She's said before repeatedly that she plays on the women's tour and doesn't want to face any of the men on the men's tour. Anyhoo Serena's just serenaing around.

I just hope Serena doesn't get injured and the tournament will be great :bounce:

cocco80
she can play guys but she can't win for sure. if she thinks she could she's dellusional.

Destiny
:)

Destiny
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Such a joker when she's happy

treufreund
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
She would rip Santoro a new one

Yeah, sure, right. :rolleyes: Fabrice would show some stuff she would have NIGHTMARES about. He could beat ANY WTA player EASILY. He has beaten Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Blake. Serena or any other female player would be destroyed by his magic shots and colorful shirts. :angel: Of course, she could then say that Fabrice hit "lucky shots" :devil:

Watching
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah, sure, right. :rolleyes: Fabrice would show some stuff she would have NIGHTMARES about. He could beat ANY WTA player EASILY. He has beaten Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Blake. Serena or any other female player would be destroyed by his magic shots and colorful shirts. :angel: Of course, she could then say that Fabrice hit "lucky shots" :devil:

nobhead but yes santoro or any atp player would win

Dodoboy.
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:49 PM
OH, shut up! -

truefreund

Destiny
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM

:rolleyes:

Why do you feel the need to do this ??

Not needed really:rolleyes:

SV_Fan
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Some of you guys dont understand. She said she play anyone she never said she would/could beat them.

hotandspicey
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Serena :lol: :hatoff:

Stamp Paid
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I love this quote. It is great to hear Serena has respect for the Magician. :)

I have never been a Serena Williams fan. But this year I have been warming to her. I loved her play at Miami, it was the most patient and diciplined and varied I have ever seem her play, and this comment on Fabrice makes me smile big time.

I will always be someone who 90% of the time roots for the underdog but when Serena is opposing other top players particularly Henin and Sharapova I think henceforth I am going to be on her side a lot of the time. :yeah:LOLz good for you.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM

Just an overated french clown without groudstrokes and with 411 defeats (all time record on the ATP )

ps : Rafa never lost to this Santoro clown
ps1 : Magiciens are Gaudio , Mecir , Rios , Mc Enroe . In any case Santoro

hotandspicey
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Still wallowing in self pity? :devil: Lighten up, bro.:lol:

darrinbaker00
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I can understand Serena not wanting to play Nadal or Santoro, but the Swiss guy? The way he's been playing this year (MARDY FISH??), I think Serena could take him. ;)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Why not Santoro? :lol:

I can understand Serena not wanting to play Nadal or Santoro, but the Swiss guy? The way he's been playing this year (MARDY FISH??), I think Serena could take him. ;)

Mardy Fish was awesome in that tournament :inlove:

Mina Vagante
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
:lol::worship:

Bijoux0021
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Some of you guys dont understand. She said she play anyone she never said she would/could beat them.
EXACTLY!

spartanfan
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
she can play guys but she can't win for sure. if she thinks she could she's dellusional.
Well she has competed against guys and won and has two mixed GS titles to prove it. Plus she aced Djokovic I think twice during the doubles match at Hopman Cup earlier this year and her and Fish won! lol

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Well she has competed against guys and won and has two mixed GS titles to prove it. Plus she aced Djokovic I think twice during the doubles match at Hopman Cup earlier this year and her and Fish won! lol

I saw that match. Both Novak and Jelena were ailing before the match. In any case, I think Serena's comments were meant in jest. I laughed.

Russianboy
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
lmao my ass :lol:

Helen Lawson
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
This is the kind of stuff I like hearing Serena say. I think she's going to have a great rest of the year!

eck
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Serena :worship:

Santoro :hearts:

Dave.
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I would love to see Serena vs Santoro! Serena would be so pissed off:lol:

Serenidad.
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Those poor K-Blades. :sad: She'd decimate the head from the throat.

kwilliams
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm sure Serena could beat a couple of the guys!

njnetswill
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Serena is the best athlete on the WTA, but she couldn't beat Berlocq on grass. Or Volandri.

ivanban
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
:lol: @ not wanting to play Santoro. Though, it's understandable, he would totally drive her insane :devil:

Becool
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
wow some guys here..

she's joking.. chill out

spartanfan
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I saw that match. Both Novak and Jelena were ailing before the match. In any case, I think Serena's comments were meant in jest. I laughed.
Oh, I'm certain she was just joking. But I find it interesting how when Serena makes a comment about playing men that some people take her all serious. And I'm not talking about just this board, but even some sports commentators, and they get all bent out of shape at the thought.

maximus82
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I"m not a Serena fan, but this quote got me to laugh. I do respect her attitude and self-belief (wish that Juju could borrow some of it :rolls eyes:)...and it is hilarious that she included Santoro with Fed and Nadal--rightfully so as he is essentially the male equivalent of Batty Patty.

Here's hoping for another JJ-Serena final (if that is possible)...they have really entertaining matches! PLEASE beat Screamova in the QF!

Pureracket
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Oh, I'm certain she was just joking. But I find it interesting how when Serena makes a comment about playing men that some people take her all serious. And I'm not talking about just this board, but even some sports commentators, and they get all bent out of shape at the thought.Isn't it crazy, though?:lol:

I think the fact that some people actually think about her defeating men speaks of how much they respect her.

Then again, everybody kinda knows that Serena can beat Federer. :bolt:

asiandude
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Shes like her dad, too proud. I hope she'll be beaten by Gisela.:)

-VSR-
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM
:lol:

Oh my, some people on this board are freaking out! Chill out and have a laugh. I love Serena's attitude! :bowdown:

Pureracket
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Shes like her dad, too proud. I hope she'll be beaten by Gisela.:)Yeah, I wouldn't root for a person who thinks she can beat anybody either. That would drive me nuts....rooting for a player who thinks she has a chance to win everytime she steps on a tennis court.:p

Pureracket
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, sure, right. :rolleyes: Fabrice would show some stuff she would have NIGHTMARES about. He could beat ANY WTA player EASILY. He has beaten Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Blake. Serena or any other female player would be destroyed by his magic shots and colorful shirts. :angel: Of course, she could then say that Fabrice hit "lucky shots" :devil:He's never even played Nadal.

Treufreund, you're lying again.

vettipooh
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Shes like her dad, too proud. I hope she'll be beaten by Gisela.:)

And you're like your dad...too :tape:
:hearts: at the ever entertaining Serena. Always giving the press a run for their money!:lol: And they keep swallowing the bait each time. Serena you :devil:

beriadan
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
She's only joking, take it easy people.

Pureracket
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:03 PM
She's only joking, take it easy people.Nahhhhh, I think she's serious.

Bounty Hunter
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:30 PM

:lol::lol::lol: She'll have 50 million broken rackets ... :tape::lol:

tennistuff
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:34 PM

No body wants to play a player like Santoro.:lol:

starin
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM
No body wants to play a player like Santoro.:lol:

Didn't Serena play and almost lose to a female Santoro?

AO 2003 R. 128 Serena def. Loit 36 76 75

tennistuff
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM
:lol:Didn't Serena play and almost lose to a female Santoro?

AO 2003 R. 128 Serena def. Loit 36 76 75

Not bad but Santoro is in a class by himself. So you understand her statement

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:46 PM

EXACTLY.

She clearly feels that she, at least, woudn't be embarrassed by most of the others.

RenaSlam.
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:17 AM
:worship:

What a character -- so great for the game.

njnetswill
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Props to Serena for mentioning Santoro. :lol:

Most of the young ones coming up probably don't even know who he is. Unless they are French. :o

Jasmin
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Santoro knows how to mix things up and you never know what you will get from him. He's a very smart player. Even guys don't look forward to playing him even when they have a winning record against him.

Hardiansf
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Serena, you are a STAR in every think you do/say.
It was too funny.

sweetpeas
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Serena ,that"s my girl!

Tennisation
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:00 AM
:lol::lol::lol: She'll have 50 million broken rackets ... :tape::lol:unfortunately, she'll only last enough in the match to break 2 racquets.

Cp6uja
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:05 AM
When read this Serena statement about Federer, Nadal and ...Santoro:confused:
Novak Djokovic send urgent "BEAT THAT B*TCH" message to his friends in Charleston Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic :tape::lol::tape:.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:08 AM
what does that even mean? :unsure:

Sam L
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:09 AM
She can beat Davydenko for sure. And I'm damn serious here.

Tennisation
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Novak Djokovic send urgent "BEAT THAT B*TCH" message to his friends in Charleston Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic :tape::lol::tape:.girlfriend Maria Sharapova and hoebag on the side Jelena Jankovic:p

frontier
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Novak Djokovic send urgent "BEAT THAT B*TCH" message to his friends in Charleston Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic :tape::lol::tape:.Those are the persons that came to her mind and the best on clay according to Serena:rolleyes:....just a joke ....relax!in the scheme of things djoko is small fish...just like jj is small fish at the moment in SC,the organisers are fussing over Serena pova and ignoring the defending champion.:rolleyes:

Ben.
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:23 AM
:lol: serena, you gotta love her humour :)

Renalicious
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Those are the persons that came to her mind and the best on clay according to Serena:rolleyes:....just a joke ....relax!in the scheme of things djoko is small fish...just like jj is small fish at the moment in SC,the organisers are fussing over Serena pova and ignoring the defending champion.:rolleyes:

So true. ;)

Direwolf
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I think that she said Nadal and Federer
because she is kinda close with them
and theyre one of those few people
that can take her jokes...

Well...

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM

That's what's scary. And that's why no one takes you seriously around here.

asiandude
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:06 AM
:crying2:And you're like your dad...too :tape:
:hearts: at the ever entertaining Serena. Always giving the press a run for their money!:lol: And they keep swallowing the bait each time. Serena you :devil:

:crying2::crying2::crying2: Ill tell you to my dad.

Donatello
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/apr/15/serena_has_no_problem_whom_she_plays37300/

Serena has no problem with whom she plays

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

At the Cup

Serena Williams doesn't worry about the competition, and that was evident Monday when she arrived at the Family Circle Cup unaware that Justine Henin had withdrawn from this week's tournament.

"I thought she was in the tournament until you told me that," Williams said.

It is probably me, but you guys are missing the (ironic/funny) point/part.

basically she's saying "I don't give a ... about her"

Destiny
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM
No they do know they just ignoring it and chatting :yeah:

So Disrespectful
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Serena is gutless. If she had heart she'd play against anybody.

Seven2008
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I like serena

Dodoboy.
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I like serena

First post!

Ni hao! :angel:

MaBaker
Apr 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
When Serena is on fire, she can beat the crap out of both Federer and Nadal on a same day :angel:

Russianboy
Apr 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM

omg u have no idea.
no women can beat any male player who is in topo 1000.
they just cant control the serve and the heavy top spin.

Kunal
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM
i like the sound of what she is saying....looks like she is gonna go deep in this tourney.

and wtf ...why sontoro!?!

haha

joćo.
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Lol :)