PDA

View Full Version : Who has the worst luck on tour?

J.Bravo
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
My choice would be Patrova. I remember a few years back she was the hottest player on clay. She had a career high ranking and she was the favorite at the French Open, but she got injured and lost in the early rounds. That to me is just really unlucky.
Who do you guys think has the worst luck?

champion88
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't say Petrova was unlucky - I would say her schedule leading up to RG was stupid - she played too many tournaments and so definitely brought the injury on.

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Tatiana. :( :tears: :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Petrova's made millions of dollars. The unlucky ones worked their butts off and have injuries and are broke.

Nikkiri
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Golovin.

Slutati
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Tati for sure:bigcry::sobbing::tears:

Tennisation
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM
off topic: sorry couldn't help but noticed the bad tan line on Maria K's photoshoot in Nikkie's sig:lol:

Uranium
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:52 PM
off topic: sorry couldn't help but noticed the bad tan line on Maria K's photoshoot in Nikkie's sig:lol:

who cares, she is still :drool:

On topic:Dokic, with her father issues and determination issues, she is wasted talent:(

Slutati
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
That tan line is:hearts:Everything about Makiri is hot!:drool:

Optima
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Jankovic has been pretty unlucky with grandslam draws - She would more than likely have two GS finals instead of Ana with her draw as well.

danieln1
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Lindsay had her share of bad luck with countless injuries and facing the Williams sisters when they were playing their absolute best at the slams... If Lindsay wasn´t unlucky, she would have won 6 to 7 slams at least!

OZTENNIS
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Alicia Molik :sad:

auntie janie
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
MONICA SELES

Way, way down from Moni:

Elena Bovina, Babsi Schwartz, Henrieta Nagyova, Chanda Rubin, Alicia Molik

FrenchY52
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM
TATI !!!! She's 20 and has already had a million serious injuries since she's 17, she'll never fulfill what she could do with suck a potential and will always make her haters happy. :tears:

Mike_T
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Iroda. GS&M!

These past 5 years, the top 10 has been robbed of not only a brilliant player, but a wonderful personality and charm that would of won her Maria’s and Ana’s endorsements combined. She would of been one of the biggest WTA stars ever. Instead fate intervened, in the form of injury after injury, ruining her ranking and chance at the limelight, and the reality is, even some members on this tennis forum, don’t know who she is.

Nikkiri
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Everyone keeps bringing it up :sobbing: she can't help it :ras:

:lol:

Nikkiri
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Jankovic has been pretty unlucky with grandslam draws - She would more than likely have two GS finals instead of Ana with her draw as well.

Oh dear :o :rolleyes:

Droolv
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Easily Tati :sobbing:

Serenidad.
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Mary Pierce.

selesbooz
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Tati for sure:bigcry::sobbing::tears:

:lol:
If she knew how to run across a court she would be just fine:help:

Milito22
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Alicia Molik :sad:
Alicia :sobbing:

UDACHi
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:25 AM
people who have won slams or been top 20 aren't really unlucky...

Cp6uja
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Brie Whitehead.
Her opponents always have atleast 15UE's - but never more than 3 in same game :sad:

sammy01
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:31 AM
well seen as everyone seems to be naming their favourite player and telling us how they struggle i may as well say chakvetadze, because her ponytail got caught in her racket, she has terrible fashion sense and people are this board slate her for making the most of herself.

p.s the tan lines on kirilenko are terrible. she either needs to practice in tops that mean she can get tanned all over, or pick a suitably sexy dress with straps.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Plenty have hard luck, but IMO, the worst are those who have the potential to hit the top 20 or top 10 and an injury always comes just when they're on a hot streak.

Chanda Rubin
Alicia Molik
Li Na
Vera Zvonareva
Tatiana Golovin
Lina Krasnoroutskaya

Jenin fan
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Lindsay had her share of bad luck with countless injuries and facing the Williams sisters when they were playing their absolute best at the slams... If Lindsay wasn´t unlucky, she would have won 6 to 7 slams at least!

The same could be said about Capriati, only she drew Serena in the quarters and never faced V, which actually was good for Jenn considering her record against her. And there is no way of knowing how many slams a person would have one if x player didn't play or y player wasn't playing at their peak.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Injuries are tough luck. I don't think it's fair to say she had bad luck because she had to face the sisters at their best. The fact is, Lindsay can beat them. Not being mentally strong enough does not count as bad luck IMO. Otherwise, we could say the same about almost every other player.

Nikkiri
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:21 AM
well seen as everyone seems to be naming their favourite player and telling us how they struggle i may as well say chakvetadze, because her ponytail got caught in her racket, she has terrible fashion sense and people are this board slate her for making the most of herself.

p.s the tan lines on kirilenko are terrible. she either needs to practice in tops that mean she can get tanned all over, or pick a suitably sexy dress with straps.

Oh dear..lol they're just tan lines :o Maybe she should play topless then? :)

Time for a sig change :help:

austennis
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:28 AM
ALicia Molik, Sam Stouser, Jelena Dokic - all the Aussie girls
not to mentiono Monica Seles

lympyisthebest
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Chanda Rubin

Albireo
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Daniilidou, perhaps. A concussion off a bounce? Torn ACL?

blackcrave
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:02 AM
alicia molik... like the pic of maria kirilenko

Robert-KimClijst
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I don't know if I'd say she has had the MOST bad luck, but Kim had her share of poor luck. She ahd constant injuries. TZhe 2006 Australian Open Semifinal, she fell on her ankle at 2-3 in the third set. had she managed to keep playing and possibly win, she would have had two titles. She also got injured and coulnt' defend her US Open title and play the Fed Cup finals. The 2004 Australian Open line call, of course, was the epitome of bad luck.

Another player is definitely Monica Seles. She was at the top of her game rewriting history. Then she got stabbed, and it went all downhill from there. :-\

delicatecutter
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Tatiana. :( :tears: :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing:

For sure. :sad:

I am really missing her right now. I will never forget her AI acceptance speech from last year when the first thing she said was "Happy Easter". It was soo precious. Tati saves lives.

I think Serena had bad luck having to play Henin in 3 straight Slam QF last year. However, it's so insane how tennis is so cyclical. It seems Henin will be lucky to finish the year healthy, let alone still #1. And it looks like Serena and Maria will at the top again. It's like 2004 all over again.

Optima
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Oh dear :o :rolleyes:

Too bad it's the truth :shrug:

$uricate
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Na Li or Julia Vakulenko. Whenever either one starts to get on a roll results-wise they get injured and are out for months. I remember one of the commentators during Wimbledon 03 mentioning that Julia broke her wrist then sprained the other one a few days later, shes very unlucky with injuries.

Boreas
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Schwartz, Tulyaganova, Matevzic, Grande

Nikkiri
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Too bad it's the truth :shrug:

Yeah so unlucky. Ana really is the luckiest girl in the world, poor Jelena.:hug:

In 3 years time and Jelena still hasn't made a GS final are you all gonna still be talking about "what if she had Ana's draw" :help: Why stop with Ana..

Rex59
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Dokic, personally and professionally.

Brengle_Nation
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Got to be Tatiana Golovin. Plays well, gets injured, plays well, gets injured, plays well gets injured.

Dave.
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM

That's not true. Jelena has had the chance to close out a GS semi-final (US 06) and she choked. So what makes you think she would have beaten Maria or Daniela? Ana is stronger mentally and was capable of closing out her GS SF's.

Just Do It
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Jelena Dokic, her life story is really sad.

Aryman3
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Magda Grzybowska = intelligent and talented player. She had to withdraw quite early due to injuries

Direwolf
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Venus Williams

she has tooo many unlucky shots...

Joachim1978
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Perhaps Na Li. How many times has she been in excellent form in warm up events before developing an injury right before a major tournament she would otherwise have done well in?

zvonarevarulz
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Zvonareva-It seems like everytime she starts to play well she gets injured

.:sk:.
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Definately Tati :sad: