PDA

View Full Version : Peschke/Ulhirova for Olympics?

spiceboy
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
That would be an awesome team with realistic chances for a medal.

They will be definetely getting a seeded spot in the draw and the girls are showing great form lately.

Plus that would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Vladka to experience Olympics :hearts:

But then that would leave Benesova out of the question while she's got a nice doubles ranking herself (unless she pairs with low-profile G.Navratilova or Voracova and somehow make it)

What do you think?

peikko
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
This would be nice and if they play well together as a team, they have great chances of winning a medal.

MLF
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:28 PM
After the fairly recent Fed Cup match against Slovakia Kveta said she wanted to play Olympic doubles with Vaidisova.

janko
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I think Kveta is an obvious one and Hradecka/Voracova are well placed in the race.

But I am sure the czech federation will choose Iveta over Vladka because Uhlirova has never been in the FC team and Iveta has played a long time with Kveta.

I just hope they won't force Nicole to play doubles because she's hopeless...

Jojo_
Apr 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I will love this team but i'm not sure that vladka will be select for the olympic games !!

Wiggly
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I think the Czech Federation will choose Iveta or Vladimira.
Peschke will team up with either Vaidisova or Benesova.
She acheived great things with both of them.

Either way, the team with Peschke has a good shot at the podium, the other, not so much.

spiceboy
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
It would be great if Peschke choses Nicole as her partner as there's no doubt Vladka and Iveta can pair themselves to get direct entry by ranking (and they could even be seeded)

Dave.
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Either way, Vladka deserves a doubles place more than Nicole.

Wiggly
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM
It would be great if Peschke choses Nicole as her partner as there's no doubt Vladka and Iveta can pair themselves to get direct entry by ranking (and they could even be seeded)

The maxmimum players you can bring is 4 players + 2 more in Doubles.
CZE can't bring Kveta, Vladka AND Iveta.

The only way this dream scenario is possible : Iveta somehow gets to #4 Czech Singles Players. She should need to be in the top 100 and be ahead of both Kvitova and Cetkosvka.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Either way, Vladka deserves a doubles place more than Nicole.

Lets hope so :cool:. She may win the doubles title with Beth in AI! :eek: 6-3 FIRST SET!

:woohoo:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 14th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I think Kveta will play with Nicole