PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lindsay's confidence????

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:25 AM
I saw the match of her vs Venus and I am really disappointed watching her. Her game is actually there though her serve did'nt helf her. But she could have at least make the match closer if not of her letting go attitude. Why does she have this mental block over the Williams????Why is'nt she fighting?????

I want the old Lindsay fighter until the end!!!!
from watching her hitting her groundstrokes, she is actually back already but her mental thing brings her down!!!How can she win a match beliving others are better than her?????

I LOVE U LINDSAY and pls dont let us to be down like this. Were not expecting you to win in your 2nd tournament but at least I want a fighting LINDSAY!!!!!!!!

I hope you gained more confidence for next week!!!!

Viva
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:44 AM
She's been off for 9 months what do you want from her? She's not a god. Also just coming back from injury, being rusty and playing such a tough competitor like Venus, whom she has trouble beating, isn't easy. She's still finding her groove. Cut her some slack and relax a little.

LittleTennisFan
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Lindsay did well making the semis for the second week in a row.

She's still a bit rusty, but she has been out for 9 months so we shouldn't be a annoyed at the result. Just wait until Lindsay has got more matchtime under her belt and we'll see.

Roll on the next tournament

mvcy
Aug 4th, 2002, 05:27 PM
yeah, 9 months break is really a long time 4 her. it's really difficult for her 2 win over tht "powerful species", dont u think? and i think that mayb she juz wanna make sure tht she can attend the US Open with no more injuries? coz chasing every ball hit by Venus is real hard 2 return, so mayb she juz dont wanna lose her energy on the other hand also prevent and make sure she wont get injured again, so, for sure, she'll present her best in US Open!

Go Lindsay! you're always our number! No matter what!

Nikki
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Its going to take time for her to get back to the way she was before injury.

She will get there eventually:)

Leo7
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:27 PM
she's not match tough yet, but she'll get there in time, with more match play. i agree that her serve really let her down yesterday. 0 aces, 3 double faults, and poor service percentage (especially in the 2nd set)! that might have to do with her confidence.

i think she still feels confident against any player on the WTA, EXCEPT for the Williams Sisters. and who could blame her? they are just a step above her and the rest of the WTA right now!

Jan
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Yes its very tough coming back from a long injury break and Lindsay has done extremly well to make semis in both tournaments. I did not expect her to beat Venus in san Diego and although the scoreline was disappointing she is not match tough (mentally) especiallyh against someone like Venus. Lets hope she can make it this week and see what she makes playing Serena. Hopefully she can get past Capriati and anyone else in her way. Have not had time to study the draw fully yet.

COME ON LINDSAY YOU CAN DO IT - DEFEND YOUR TITLE HERE

GO GO GO LINDSAY - TOP ARE WITH YOU.

Jan
:cool: :cool:

mvcy
Aug 5th, 2002, 03:44 PM
yeah, jan~ so lets pray for her and hope tht she can do well this week, right? if she can win this tournament for sure can gain back more and more confidence and for sure it helps a lot in US Open while facing Williams sisters and, mayb Jennifer, perhaps...

Go Lindsay~ We'll be there for u, always, forever!