PDA

View Full Version : South West Germany: Super tiebreak instead of third set

FrOzon
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Last weekend, WTB (Württembergischer Tennisbund), responsible for all "team tennis" in this South West German region, voted for this change: Third set decision will be replaced by a super tiebreak! :(

Even if I'm not affected directly by it (see below), this is kind of a tragedy in my opinion. I can't explain how they could vote for such a rule that changes completely the character of a tennis match! And I'm speaking of singles!!! How is this handled in your region?

Just as information: The German Tennis association (DTB) consists of around 15 regional associations. Two years ago, I changed from WTB (South West Germany) to TVBB (Berlin).

darrinbaker00
Apr 12th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Last weekend, WTB (Württembergischer Tennisbund), responsible for all "team tennis" in this South West German region, voted for this change: Third set decision will be replaced by a super tiebreak! :(

Even if I'm not affected directly by it (see below), this is kind of a tragedy in my opinion. I can't explain how they could vote for such a rule that changes completely the character of a tennis match! And I'm speaking of singles!!! How is this handled in your region?

Just as information: The German Tennis association (DTB) consists of around 15 regional associations. Two years ago, I changed from WTB (South West Germany) to TVBB (Berlin).
Unfortunately, it's becoming more prevalent here in the States as well. I don't mind watching a doubles super-tiebreak on television, but I HATE playing them.