PDA

View Full Version : hey guys!

Mikey
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:33 AM
hey guys! just wanted to let you all know that i got back safely from spain and that everything is good here. hope everything is well with all of you!

i wanted to thank each and every one of you that will be reading this, b/c that means that you are a dedicated anna fan that has served to help this forum start and grow. thank you. i wish i had been here to help! if you need anything from me, please, you should now feel obligated to ask me (i won't be offended, i swear :) ) b/c i don't mind and i want to help out! ;) :D ill be back here a lot, so ill see all of you later! :D

Irish
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:38 AM
Hi Mike :wavey: Looking forward to your safe return. Have missed you.

Sorry I haven't e-mailed yet. :sad:

I hope you have been rooting for Anna while you were away.;)

King Aaron
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Hey Mike :wavey:

Glad you are back safely, :D if you want to help, please go to the Want to Contribute... thread :D

Hope you haven't forgotten us :D

Nimi
Aug 5th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Hi Mike fellow! Glad u are back, tell us about your trip! :wavey:

Mikey
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:21 AM
lol, nimi, what do you want to know?

Irish
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Where and what did you visit? How did you enjoy the culture? How did your studies go? :D

King Aaron
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:07 AM
oh yeah.. and did you miss us ??

Irish
Aug 17th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Where's Mike? :sad: :sad: I haven't seen him anywhere on the board. :sad: :sad:

Mikey
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:54 AM
ok, i think im ok....sorry kerry, it wasn't on purpose.

aaron - of course i missed u guys! :sad: :sad:

ok, so we started off in madrid (the capital of spain) where we had a 3 day orientation. first of all, my trip was w/ 12 kids (me included) w/ ages ranging from entering sophomore in high school to freshman in college (one girl only though). we got to see all the sites - the prado, the plaza mayor, the royal palace, etc. that was cool. then we had a 3.5 week homestay which was amazing. i had so much fun there. we didnt do any "classwork" per say, but i got so much out of just speaking w/ the family and the people that it was better than sitting at a desk and hearing from a teacher. ya know? i feel like if you spent 1 month in a homestay, you would probably get way more out of it than 1 year in class. but that's my opinion. the culture was so fun - anyone could really get used to it. it's very laid back and very interesting...i had studied it before i left in class, so i was sort of prepared. it was really fun. i learned a lot of spanish (and i try to use it every chance i get ;) ) and had soooooo...ooo much fun (oy :rolleyes: ;) ). after that, we did a travel portion where we went to the south (this was just the americans, not the host families too) of spain. we went to all the cities that you would hear about if you study spain - sevilla, granada, cordoba, and malaga (malaga was basically a big beach...that was it). we had studied that in school too, so i got to see all of the sites that i had learned about the year prior, which was so cool. i mean, it had been my dream since 6th grade (when i first started studying spanish) to go to spain. and i got to do it. so, for me, i got a lot out of it. i really had an amazing time. and if you reach this point, id just like to thank you for actually reading this whole thing and not skipping out in the middle - it was really nice of you :)

King Aaron
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:18 AM
ohh how sweet..:D :D I'm happy you had a lot of fun. Geez, I wish my country would let us study a foreign language and also give us trips there.

Nimi
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Wow that sounds so cool! :D

Irish
Aug 20th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Hola

Mike, sounds like a great trip and very happy you had a good time.

King Aaron
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:02 AM
any more to make us jealous?? ;)