TAXI DRIVER TAKES HER TO WRONG VENUE (OZ)...only Jelena
WALKS INTO WRONG BEDROOM...only Jelena

What else is "only Jelena"? :lol:

Cat123
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Underwear changing on court?! :rolleyes:

Wayn77
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Collapses (with a heap of giggles), legs pointing skywards into the Sony Ericsson advertising hoarding underneath the umpires chair. :lol:

kittyking
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Started 07 in New Zealand ranked outside the top 10 wins the title and finishes the year ranked in the top 5 :p

Michael27
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wears a leopard dress and tells everyone "I feel in a tiger mood"

~Kiera~
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Has an imaginary coach...
Says how tired she is, then signs up to more tournaments...
Takes the longest route possible around the world...
Laughs during a point...
Says "I don't want to die"...

redsonja
Apr 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Doubles over in giggles when her opponent uses all three of her challenges (unsuccessfully) in under 90 seconds. She knows she shouldn't, but... it's so funny. :lol:

RFS
Apr 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Sends for a trainer... to fix her shoe, and also asks the umpire to get someone to fetch her hairspray ... whilst she's on court!!! (USO '07)

I'm sure it's aganst all kinds of rules at the AELTC, and she just manages to stop herself from planting a snog on her MxD partner when he FINALLY makes a good return in the closing stages of their championship run! (Doesn't stop her from promising him... well... I'll let y'all recall, on British National Television, though!!!)

ChriS.
Apr 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cajoles a ballboy to sit in her absent partner's chair for two minutes during a mixed doubles match and covers his legs with a towel.

Wrekin
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Stopped by customs for smuggling bananas

And stopped by poilce for speeding and tries to bribe them

bluehaze
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Invite the press over to her as-yet unfinished house for cookies and a movie, only to also say that she has a gate to keep them out

Cat123
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
:lol: :lol: I love this thread! The ballboy moment was quality Jelena :cool:

How about taking god-knows how many hours and 12-10 in the 3rd set wi win R1 of a Grand Slam as the #3 seed?!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes Bluehaze I laughed out loud at that one! :lol:

Just Do It
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Pink hair extensions :shrug:

terjw
Apr 6th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Running through the crowd in a dripping wet see through dress to get to an interview.

Brena
Apr 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Laugh in the middle of a rally?
Hit big, sulky, hormonal Lindsay with a ball?
Say that she'd like to find a coach who knows more about tennis than herself?
Pose for the photographers while being bandaged during a GS match?
Tell Jonas Bjorkman: ''You must be feeling ridiculous for having been beaten by such a bad doubles player as I am''?
Yell at her mother in the stands :'' Dobro, bre, ženo, gde gledaš''?
Say: ''I have no idea why I feel so tired''?
Play injured a doubles match before her GS semifinals only because she forgot she had promised Bethanie to be her partner and didn't want to disappoint her friend. :inlove: (this is one of my favourite ''only Jelena'' things... who else from the Top 5 or Top 10 or even Top 20 would do that???)

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
2007 Dubai QF- After a 3 set match that Martina Hingis played went until about 2 in the morning, Hingis had to return to court the next morning for an early QF match against JJ. Martina was visibly tired, but strangely her opponent seemed even more tired...only Jelena.:)

maya-serbia
Apr 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yea,that's our JJ 100%

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Cat123
Apr 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Tell Jonas Bjorkman: ''You must be feeling ridiculous for having been beaten by such a bad doubles player as I am''?

Really? When was that?!

Play injured a doubles match before her GS semifinals only because she forgot she had promised Bethanie to be her partner and didn't want to disappoint her friend. :inlove:

:hearts: :hug: :angel: Luff her!

This thread is ace! :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Allows a certain someone to stick purple petunias in her hair. :hearts:

Appears in Serbian comedy (although to be honest that one could probably BE "only Jelena" - could you see Ana in a comedy? "I'm so excited to be in this comedy..." Director: CUUUUT!!!! :lol: )

redsonja
Apr 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
... bursts into competitors' hotel rooms and then comes up with the idea of posing as room service and distracting them with a nice fruit basket.

дalex
Apr 7th, 2008, 08:01 PM
...is tickled by movie stars on tennis court...:shrug:

Brena
Apr 7th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Really? When was that?!

During the Wimbledon, when she and Jamie beat Bjorkman and Alicia Molik. At least, JJ said she told him that while shaking hands in the end. :lol:

ivanban
Apr 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Wears night dress made of cell phones
Wears pink-rubbery-head-bow-thingy during match

Brena
Apr 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM
...is tickled by movie stars on tennis court...:shrug:

:haha:
that is just... :silly:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Lunches with two American actors, & some bird who claimed she was Jennifer Aniston. :rolleyes:

Brena
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Lunches with two American actors, & some bird who claimed she was Jennifer Aniston. :rolleyes:

Who knows whom she played in the Miami final... I bet the real Serena had better things to do.

Only Jelena can admit publicly (at the press conference after the Fed Cup win over Romania) that people tell her she reminds them of Lepa Brena.

http://www.pgp-rts.co.yu/katalog/omoti/405365Brena1.jpg

Just Do It
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
^ OMG I remember when she said that :hah: She even said she got an offer to play Lepa Brema in a movie :sobbing:

Lepa Brena today ! (http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/000/650/v65051p0.jpg)

RFS
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
During the Wimbledon, when she and Jamie beat Bjorkman and Alicia Molik. At least, JJ said she told him that while shaking hands in the end. :lol:

OUTSTANDING!!!!

I'm surprised he didn't try and do an "Oddjob" Bond Villain obscure beheading with the losers trophy for that comment!!!

She didn't say anything to Alicia about getting suitable revenge for a bagelling as well did she??

Wrekin
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Only Jelena can admit publicly (at the press conference after the Fed Cup win over Romania) that people tell her she reminds them of Lepa Brena.

Well, I'm afraid I had to do a google on that one.

But I did come up with these :lol::

Here's (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ov51GKmVGCc) the link

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51402&stc=1&d=1207680719
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51403&stc=1&d=1207680612

Brena
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM
When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be Lepa Brena. :tape::lol:

EDIT: Now you got me searching the youtube for old Lepa Brena videos! I guess this is what 4 year old Zoja watched :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8H6G88o2g&feature=related

RFS
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm sure someone has explained this somewhere in a distant thread... but at the risk of showing my ignorance (and remember Zoja... we were on hand to sooooooothe you post-Miami... :lol:) ... who the schnuff is Lepa Brena???

Brena
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm sure someone has explained this somewhere in a distant thread... but at the risk of showing my ignorance (and remember Zoja... we were on hand to sooooooothe you post-Miami... :lol:) ... who the schnuff is Lepa Brena???

Oh, I don't know how to explain it to you, Ros. Maybe Alex, Danilo or NAJ could help me - she's a singer. I guess she was the greatest star in the Balkans during the 80s - in the old Yugoslavia, even in Bulgaria and Romania, maybe even Hungary. Some people say that she was the one who ''invented'' the type of music which is stil popular (or shall I say notorious) in the Balkans and is known as ''turbo-folk''. It's a strange mixture of pop and oriental sound. She became popular in a very strange way - she was a tall, plump, terribly and vulgarly dressed girl who had no particular talent for singing or dancing, but she obviously had a great brain. She came to Belgrade from a small Bosnian town to study, but started to earn money by singing in restaurants. It was in the early 80a so I don't remmeber it, but my mom told me that she became a real attraction in Belgrade reastaurants and everyone wnted to see her because she was extremely bad and funny. Then, she gained further fame when a TV host and humorist taped her performance and broadcast it on Yugoslav TV - although he also did it because he thought she was hilarious. However, it turned out that shes very smart (she knew her real qualities and didn't mind self-mockery) and that she had a kind of irresistible positive energy - she somehow managed to spread cheerfulness to her audinece. That - and her outrageous costumes - were probably the reasons children adored her. All my friends of both sexes admit they had all her albums when they were little. Sge managed her career really well, and in time became very, very rich businesswoman (and is married to Slobodan Zivojinovic - ex-tennis player and current head of Serbian Tennis Association).
She has a cult status in all the former Yugoslav republics, though many people can't forgive her for introducing that terrible music genre (like my parents for example, who never wanted to take me to any of her concerts, so I grew up to be a very traumatised and scarred person).

RFS
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
LOL! man - that's perfect!!!

Let's see...now I can't vouch for JJ's ability to bust a move - but I think I'm fairly safe in saying our little starlet-to-be cannot actually hold a tune in a bucket!!!

Your description has her sounding like Jordan/Katie Price in terms of the using self-mockery and good business nouse...

fantastic run-down mate... seriously... top-notch!

ivanban
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Only Jelena never heard of Alize Cornet and thinks of her as a perfect picnic pall

....can play some of her worst tennis and reach AO semi final

redsonja
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
She has a cult status in all the former Yugoslav republics, though many people can't forgive her for introducing that terrible music genre (like my parents for example, who never wanted to take me to any of her concerts, so I grew up to be a very traumatised and scarred person).

This is exactly how I feel about my mother not letting me listen to Madonna when I was little

дalex
Apr 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Your description has her sounding like Jordan/Katie Price in terms of the using self-mockery and good business nouse...

Well, maybe it started as self-mockery thing even though I can hardly believe that. She became a star and over the time biggest star in our part of the Europe. I was too young when she was at her prime but I've heard about her filling stadiums all around the region and arriving on concerts by helicopter :eek:.

It's not like Lepa Brena can't sing. She can sing all right, she just does it in that Balkan folksy style... She made it mainstream and now runs record company that produces that kind of music. That brings her a lot of money among her other businesses!

redsonja
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
From what little I've heard, Lepa Brena's got nothing on JJ in the "can't sing" department. :lol:

RFS
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Only Jelena could have also had a potential career as a classically trained pianist... while unable to actually hear/reproduce a note.

Seriously - how did she manage in aural exams?
I failed badly on sight reading but at least I have relative pitch!!!

Just Do It
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be Lepa Brena.

Me too :tape:

redsonja
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Only Jelena could have also had a potential career as a classically trained pianist... while unable to actually hear/reproduce a note.

Seriously - how did she manage in aural exams?
I failed badly on sight reading but at least I have relative pitch!!!

Since hearing her sing, methinks tales of her talent in classical piano are greatly exaggerated. :lol: As a veteran/victim of classical piano myself, it's almost impossible if you're as stone cold tone deaf as she seems to be. Maybe that's why the piano vs. tennis decision always seems like it was relatively easy. :p

ChriS.
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I think we need to see lots more of her videos as most of us in our part of Europe have never seen anything quite like this before! This one is good and it is not only her singing talent that is on show.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4deZXD3Stp4&feature=related

Michael27
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think we need to see lots more of her videos as most of us in our part of Europe have never seen anything quite like this before! This one is good and it is not only her singing talent that is on show.

Thanks Chris, she is great:lol::lol::hearts::kiss:.

~Kiera~
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Jelena could give Margarita Pracatan a run for her money ;)

IkF0hxuJLos

Wayn77
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM

OMG :tape: :haha: :bowdown:

Come back Cilla Black, all is forgiven.

ChriS.
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM

IkF0hxuJLos Sarah, please don't be so cruel to JJ!

Wrekin
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:46 PM

OMG Margarita Pracatan! I'd completely forgotten about her :tape:

Thanks for the memory :lol:

Michael27
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
OMG:help: Oh dear, she is :haha::haha:.

Brena
Apr 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well, maybe it started as self-mockery thing even though I can hardly believe that. She became a star and over the time biggest star in our part of the Europe. I was too young when she was at her prime but I've heard about her filling stadiums all around the region and arriving on concerts by helicopter :eek:.

It's not like Lepa Brena can't sing. She can sing all right, she just does it in that Balkan folksy style... She made it mainstream and now runs record company that produces that kind of music. That brings her a lot of money among her other businesses!

Alex is right - Lepa Brena is such a Balkan phenomenon that I couldn't explain her well enough in such a short time. What I meant is that when she was starting she was a laughing stock - she looked cheap and sang silly tunes - but when she realised she can make a real career she began to work on her appearance (which was still kitsch, but far from her image in the beginning) and her singing and she found composers who supplied her with catchy songs. Sonja's comparison with Madonna actually makes sense (of course Madonna is a global phenomenon, and Brena is a regional one) but she was the first singer here to arrive on the concert stage by a helicopter, to produce films with her in the leading role (though, she showed her astute mind there once again - she knew she couldn't act so she didn't even try and just used her charm; those movies are incredibly entertaining today.
The only problem is that the money and success changed her in the ways I never liked - she had half a million of easthetic surgeries (she looks completely plastic now), she produces awful kitsch TV shows... she lost her natural gaity and innocence and unpretentiousness.
That's why I ignore her now and treasure the memory of my beloved Lepa Brena from the first half of the 80s. :help: (I understand if you don't want to talk to me any more now...)

дalex
Apr 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM

:haha: :haha: Thanks Chris, great! First time I see it! Reminds me that you can call JJ - seceru! secer=sugar!

(I understand if you don't want to talk to me any more now...)

I'll talk to you...Though I think those TV shows are no more (or less kitsch) than any big Italian show...It's just that her show is a bad copy of Italian shows - hosts are clueless, at least music is better (:tape:) these days than when it all started. Not that I watch it but from what I've seen it's slightly better...

Brena
Apr 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
:haha: :haha: Thanks Chris, great! First time I see it! Reminds me that you can call JJ - seceru! secer=sugar!

I'll talk to you...Though I think those TV shows are no more (or less kitsch) than any big Italian show...It's just that her show is a bad copy of Italian shows - hosts are clueless, at least music is better (:tape:) these days than when it all started. Not that I watch it but from what I've seen it's slightly better...

We can cheer: ''Sitnije, JJ, sitnije, pokaži nam najbitnije'' (errr... how do I translate this?? ''Fine/delicate steps, JJ, fine/delicate steps, show us the most important things''??? :confused::lol:)

redsonja
Apr 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ohmigod. :lol:

Brena
Apr 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
ahahhahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaa:haha::haha:
Margarita is wonderful!!! Even I can't butcher ABBA this well! The woman is a genious! :bowdown:

RFS
Apr 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
ahahhahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaa:haha::haha:
Margarita is wonderful!!! Even I can't butcher ABBA this well! The woman is a genious! :bowdown:

Lord. In. Heaven!

No wonder Hugh Laurie aged so much by the time we next saw him!!!

Truly outstanding!!! Oh please PLEASE will Jim fix it for me to have JJ re-enact that for our little forum??

I would DIE. Laughing!

Wrekin
Apr 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Only Jelena.... could end up with an ancient U-Tube clip of Margarita Pracatan being posted on her WTAW thread. :)

Brena
Apr 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I found the video when JJ does her lepa Brena impersonation... well, just for a few seconds... I think it's already been posted (after the Fed Cup), but now, when you've learnt everything you always wanted to know about Lepa Brean (but were afraid to ask) you can judge for yourself if there really are any similarities :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzfyzW4vYI

redsonja
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I love the comments:

One of the famous Serbian folk/new wave producer was in the audience supporting JJ and Ana. Q was is he was there to offer both of them to record a song together.

Dear God. Can you imagine? :lol:

RFS
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I love the comments:

Dear God. Can you imagine? :lol:

oh my christ - between JJ's tunelessness and Ana's... umm... well lack of singing in the RG Karaoke, and the complete No-Show in Belgrade when Nole, Janko and JJ took to the stage... hmm... it's BOUND to be a modern hit!

Wayn77
Apr 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Ana and JJ recording a song together .... now that would be something. I would die a happy man. :rolls:

The time for a duet is perfect, would be a massive hit. Trying to visualise the video - the mini-skirted Serbian songstresses bopping in the centre of a packed, confetti-laden dancefloor, cooing and purring into the camera.

Any suggestions for the song? I vote "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
What could they record?

Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves?

Wrekin
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Ana and JJ recording a song together .... now that would be something. I would die a happy man. :rolls:

The time for a duet is perfect, would be a massive hit. Trying to visualise the video - the mini-skirted Serbian songstresses bopping in the centre of a packed, confetti-laden dancefloor, cooing and purring into the camera.

Any suggestions for the song? I vote "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles.

I'd give good money to see JJ and Ana cooing and purring into a camera :drool:

redsonja
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:15 PM
If they're going to do a cover, it's gonna have to be "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

RFS
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
or "Get This Party Started" if you recall the drunken singing photos...!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I can imagine Sveta doing that one for some reason...:lol:

RFS
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I hope RG do that karaoke thing again this year...

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
But how many of them actually SANG Ros?

Ana just pretended & I wasn't sure about Sveta either! :lol:

RFS
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I can't remember what Sveta "sang"... and Serena just shook her booty all over the damn place.

Seriously for me... Justine was a complete revelation with the singing and the joking!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Was it Ana that cavorted to "I Will Survive"?

Sveta YMCA?? Surprised it wasn't some hiphop track! :lol:

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Wasn't it Nole who sang "I Will Survive"?:lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ah Tashers, you well? You are probably right, my old memory isn't what it once was. I can't remember yesterday, never mind 365 days ago! :lol:

I do remember Sveta burst into an uptempo beat combo & bounced all over the joint.

Would love to know what Justine danced to - White Wedding? :devil:

RFS
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Wasn't it Nole who sang "I Will Survive"?:lol:

Ana had Diana Ross's Upside Down I think... Sveta signing YMCA is all kinds of amusing... I'll have to dig out that YouTube compilation now...

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Yes Ros, I was thinking Diana Ross did appear somewhere in the clips I saw but couldn't remember which song - Upside Down, boy you turn me inside out...& round & round...yes, it's all coming back to me! Like yesterday's curry...:fiery:

Wrekin
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I've just spent the last half hour revisiting it all.

That's when I first realised that Tati could have me for breakfast anytime...

And Cornet was pretty cute too :hearts:

EDIT
It was a real shame that JJ bottled out of that

and Sveta and Nole both did I will survive

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Yes Ken, she was noticeable by her absence...she was maybe meant to be there but walked into another broom cupboard by mistake...as we say...only JJ!

Thought that would have been the zany sorta thing she would have loved!

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Rich...aide from the fact that I'm going to flunk later today everything is great. I don't mind about your memory...my grandpa is the same way.:devil:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:59 PM
BETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ras:

(My turn! :haha:)

Positive mental attitude Tash...I WILL PASS...I WILL PASS...err. what were ya sitting anyways? :lol:

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM
:haha:!

Okay...I'll try...I WILL PASS...EVEN THOUGH I KNOW 2 OF THE 5 CHAPTERS...I WILL PASS!:scared:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oooh, Chapters...are ya reading the Bible or something?

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Noooooo...its a course about engineering and materials...boring stuff about the micro-structure of different kinds of materials and what happens to them when you change them chemically and physically. The thing is my uni thinks that we need to be well rounded engineers so we take classes that pertain to every engineering. In your third year you start taking classes that have to do with your concentration. Next year I start chemical engineering classes...THANK GOD! I can't stand anymore of these other classes about shit I don't care to learn!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Coooo.............better off reading the Bible! :haha:

Noooo, only joking, but classes on concentration sound...uhmm....what was I saying again? :shrug:

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
NOOOOO! I'd rather read a thousand books on materials!

Don't worry grandpma, I mean, Rich.:hug:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Grandpma? Sounds like a cross-dressing old-age pensioner! :haha:

You calling me a cross-dressing OAP Tash? :lol:

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Maybe...:lol:....or maybe I wrote grandpa wrong...and you outed yourself for nothing!:lol:

дalex
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
That's why she needs those concentration classes, Rich! :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
DAMN!!!! I lost my concentration & revealed myself to be a cross-dressing OAP!! :haha:

I'll never recover!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I need some of that catshit coffee stuff to help my concentration powers...one sip of THAT & I'll be WIDE AWAKE! :haha:

redsonja
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Seriously for me... Justine was a complete revelation with the singing and the joking!
Justine gets down with her Johnny Halliday
noiTOAzhwME
(about nine minutes in... I'm pretty sure I never saw Dementieva singing Lady Marmalade before, either :lol: )

And she is always showing up places and singing, it's bizarre
-T4FziHMcDg
Yes Ken, she was noticeable by her absence...she was maybe meant to be there but walked into another broom cupboard by mistake...as we say...only JJ!

Thought that would have been the zany sorta thing she would have loved!
I like to think JJ realizes the limitations of her, ah, musical "talent".

Tashi
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM
DAMN IT I'M IN CLASS! I can't listen to it:sad:!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:25 PM
CHRIST, NOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolls:

дalex
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM
OMG! Svetlana :hearts:

edit. Rafa :haha:
What about Ana? Why does it say "antes muerta que sencilla"? It's a Junior Eurovision song, it deserves to be posted here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qab6wvoJ_E

:lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Justine looked nice there.

I thought Ana moved the best out of all of them in the karaoke, but as for Sveta :eek: :lol: !!!!

becky.really
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
serena is hilarious!!!!!
that really made me giggle...my tutor never knew that chemistry could be so enjoyable

RFS
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
serena is hilarious!!!!!
that really made me giggle...my tutor never knew that chemistry could be so enjoyable

They are all really funny - Nole just screams into the mic, but Lleyton Hewitt... oh my god - and did you notice that all his fans were signing the intro in THAT match with Baggy at the AO this year!

Brena
Apr 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
serena is hilarious!!!!!

I also found hooded, booty-shaking Serena hysterically funny, but Justine was for me the biggest (pleasant) surprise! When that heinous coach of hers is not around, she seems to be a really nice girl.
I thnik JJ should have taken part in this - I mean, Nole can't sing to save his life either, but it didn't stop him! :lol:

ChriS.
Apr 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I also found hooded, booty-shaking Serena hysterically funny, but Justine was for me the biggest (pleasant) surprise! When that heinous coach of hers is not around, she seems to be a really nice girl.
I thnik JJ should have taken part in this - I mean, Nole can't sing to save his life either, but it didn't stop him! :lol:
True, but JJ can't take her shirt off to distract us from her terrible voice (or maybe she can)?

redsonja
Apr 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
:eek:

Besides, at least Nole has the sense to shout his way through songs instead of actually singing. JJ... bless.

RFS
Apr 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
just caught up the vid of Justine singing ... I found an absolutely hysterical one of her when she was VERY young singing along with a dog-puppet from some childrens' TV thing but I can't find it anymore...!!! This one was a little more... ummm grown up!

Ian Aberdon
Apr 13th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Could you tell which one was which? :devil:

Optima
Apr 21st, 2008, 03:09 AM
Svetlana :tape: :lol: :inlove:

I love her so much, she needs to karaoke with JJ sometime :haha: Imagine that craziness. The two of them together would be a trip.

Cat123
Apr 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM
:lol: Beth can sing backing vocals ;)

Ian Aberdon
Apr 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM
JJ, Beth & Sveta...the tennis version of The Three Degrees! :yeah:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Only Jelena..............

.........................could look as if she had shrunk in the wash at a photoshoot!

дalex
Apr 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
...receives medical timeout for blister caused by broken toe nail on foot.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Well done Alex! :haha:

Cat123
Apr 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Only Jelena... Could look like she turned up for a Fed Cup tie totally starkers. :rolleyes:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 1st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Only Jelena...can take a helicopter in order to get to her tennis court, as it's sooooo far away from the locker rooms.:rolleyes:

ivanban
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
yeah, and C18 is like almost next to Court 1 :rolleyes:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Must say Ivan, I thought from the way JJ was speaking that it was miles away, but from watching the highlights programme the other day, it did look rather central!! :lol:

RFS
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM
The main beef about the Outside "Show" Courts are that they are noisy...

Court 2 - because the Players Restaurant overlooks it/backs onto Court 3
Court 3 - Backs onto Court 2 and outside edge is the start of the walkway courts
Court 18 under the broadcasting centre and also next to Henman Hill
Court 19 again in view of public walkways and lots of comings and goings...

No challenge system
But televisable... therefore fair game for the higher seeds and viewing figures

I think at the very least - she should have been scheduled later to allow for treatment - especially as she was one of their top seeds.
But... the Monday is the hardest day to schedule with Mens and Women's R16 matches.
But I stand by what I said earlier... with that injury hampering her movement... she'd not have been able to win against flat hitting Tammy.

I hadn't realised until I reaed sonja's post that Rafa had asked for early scheduling... Pffft

ivanban
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM
http://aeltc.wimbledon.org/images/about/2008_3d_map.pdf

Just Do It
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Only Jelena...can take a helicopter in order to get to her tennis court, as it's sooooo far away from the locker rooms.:rolleyes:

I cant believe she really said it :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Only Jelena...can have all the worries & troubles of the world blamed on her after playing a bloody tennis match!

And she STILL comes up smiling :inlove:

TantrumXspeed
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Only Jelena would fall in love with herself on the JumboTron in Ashe Stadium, forget she's playing the match of her life against Serena Williams, and blow multiple set points and up 5-3. :rolleyes:

Cat123
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Oh, don't be like that...

Only Jelena could give Serena a taste of her own medicine by trying to his *her* with the ball... And ACTUALLY GET AWAY WITH IT! :devil:

oleada
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Only Jelena would talk about the HPV vaccine in the post-match interview of a grand slam final :lol:

Bruno71
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Only Jelena would pooh-pooh a US Open Best Supporting Actress award in that very same interview :haha:

chiyuen
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
:wavey::wavey:

~Kiera~
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Jelena's forum, chiyuen :wavey:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Only Jelena....would hog the mic at the presentation ceremony & ask how much spending dosh she is getting! :lol:

JadeFox
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Only Jelena would put on lipgloss before the trophy ceremony, so she can look camera ready!:lol::hearts:

MaBaker
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Only Jelena can put so much flammable stuff on her hair and than play a match when it's a 100 degrees on the court :scared:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:05 AM
You can just see it, can't you? JJ has flammable hairspray on, in +100deg heat, she's about to win the AO 2009, has an easy overhead smash...& the spark from swinging the racquet sees her hair catch alight!! :lol:

JJ carried into the post-presser on a stretcher..."I'm going shopping later..." :lol:

Only JJ...sees a MIRROR as an essential piece of tennis equipment.

MaBaker
Sep 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised at all :drink:

chiyuen
Sep 10th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Welcome to Jelena's forum, chiyuen :wavey:

Thanks Kiera:wavey:, i'm come from China, not good at English, bur i do really love Jelena, and i'm so glad to come here to know everyone!

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2008-05-19/4C9VUDAF05HE0005.jpg

Ian Aberdon
Sep 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Only Jelena...can own a handbag larger than most people's suitcases! :lol:

Kampi
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks Kiera:wavey:, i'm come from China, not good at English, bur i do really love Jelena, and i'm so glad to come here to know everyone!

Hi chiyuen:wavey:
Welcome to Jelena's forum. I hope you will have a lot of fun here.:D

CU,
Markus

bestJJ
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
and changed panties on court, only jelena:worship:

Wayn77
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hopelessly late for the Stuttgart final pre-match interview with Matthias.

Only Jelena would be seen running down the corridor laughing and giggling in front of a TV audience of millions. :rolleyes:

Brena
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Matthias: ''So, you won a car..''
JJ (with a JJ blank look): ''What do you mean I won a car??''
(after having played matches in front of that stupid car for a whole week):rolls:

redsonja
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:35 PM
(after having played matches in front of that stupid car for a whole week):rolls:

God, I totally lost it when she said that. You've only been looking at, playing in front of, and talking about that stupid car for like five days now! :lol:

bestJJ
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Usopen award ceremony, jelena had eyes on serena's grand prize, and joked:'How much do I get!'
only jelena :worship::worship::worship::worship:

MaBaker
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Only Jelena glitters more than Elton John's christmas tree

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 31st, 2009, 10:27 PM
was just watching Jelena's first round AO match.
Most players put the ice towel around their neck. Only Jelena puts it under her feet.:)

Ian Aberdon
Feb 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Only Jelena has trainers that self combust! :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Aug 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Hmmm....a thread update is required....

Only Jelena:

i. can run out of gas at a tourney, only to be nearly knocked down by another WTA player when hoping for a lift
ii. can rock up to another tourney, only to be rocked by an earthquake
iii. can then proceed to be attacked by every creepy crawly under the sun whilst waiting to get back in, making it sound like she's in the Amazon Jungle!!!

:lol: :lol:

RFS
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:39 PM
^ :haha:

Safe-From-Harm
Sep 15th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Great thread.

Only Jelena can show a pirate DVD ,,Hangover 2" in front of English TV.
Only Jelena can lose to Diyas in 2 easy sets.
Only Jelena`s menstruation could help ,,no weapon" Oudin to win a match.

Ian Aberdon
Sep 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Great thread.

Only Jelena can show a pirate DVD ,,Hangover 2" in front of English TV.
Only Jelena`s menstruation could help ,,no weapon" Oudin to win a match.

:spit: :haha:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Only Jelena could slump this badly and still have fans :devil:.

MaBaker
Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Only Jelena could slump this badly and still have fans :devil:.
Oh sweetie... hang in there :hug:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Only Jelena could win a point without a racket :worship:.

Pj8l5TTmCj4

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
That should be a hindrance call, right?:oh:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 8th, 2011, 08:18 AM
That should be a hindrance call, right?:oh:
It ended up being JJ's point 'cause Caro had the whole court and she hit it out. :oh:

Brena
Oct 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Only Jelena can arrive a week early for an event she intends to exit in R1. :scratch:

Ian Aberdon
Oct 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Only Jelena can end her season whilst the leaves are still on the trees. :tape:

JJ all the way
Oct 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Only Jelena can fall sleepy half way through a match :(

rechi
Oct 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
She mentioned at the "Radio Oberösterreich Talk" in Linz that her WTA profile isn't telling the truth about her residence. She said she has one house in San Diego, one in Florida and one in Belgrade, but no house or flat in Dubai. She also said she doesn't know why Dubai is listed as her residence in her WTA profile :D

Snex
Oct 20th, 2011, 10:16 PM
She mentioned at the "Radio Oberösterreich Talk" in Linz that her WTA profile isn't telling the truth about her residence. She said she has one house in San Diego, one in Florida and one in Belgrade, but no house or flat in Dubai. She also said she doesn't know why Dubai is listed as her residence in her WTA profile :D

She said this year, or maybe last year, I don't remember exactly, that her residence is Dubai. :shrug: I remember very well what one commentator on Eurosport said during one of her matches. She practices in Bradenton only when she's preparing for USA tournaments, but WTA always write that Bradenton is her residence. She told them herself to write that Dubai is her residence, and now it seems that she forgot what she said. What can you expect from brainless person like JJ? Or maybe Irina told WTA that her residence is Dubai. :shrug:

JJ all the way
Oct 21st, 2011, 12:22 AM

One thing is for sure - she checks her profile alot. That vein, old bitch! :p

Ian Aberdon
Oct 27th, 2011, 08:57 PM
If she watches herself on the big screen on court, you can be sure she checks her profile page on the WTA site! :lol: