PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever double faulted a game away ??

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I almost did today! :lol: I was on my 3rd serve at 0-40. Damn, i just floated that bitch in ...:help:. I won the point , but i lost the game at 40- 30 :p

Your storys ... ????

Dodoboy.
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Only in Doubles :angel:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Only in Doubles :angel:

:lol:

LudwigDvorak
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Aw, I was hoping I could tell the great story of when Venus served for the match against Elena in Miami '04 that she hit four double faults to hand the game away, but I guess not. :sad:

The first time I played tennis I hit three double faults in my first ever service game, then just tapped something over the net. I lost the point anyway. :sad:

sammy01
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM
i only usualy df when up 30-0 or 40-0 cus i get too confident. i usualy kick my 2nd serve or slice it so its pretty safe.

Slutiana
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Brie Whitehead has. :angel:

Hypnos
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I did :tape: awful chokejob. I still won my match but made life very hard for myself, only happened once and hopefully will never happen again

Slumpsova
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Dementieva is an expert when i comes to DFs so i'm sure at least one person in this world did it.

Haute
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I basically DFed an entire match away once because I popped my shoulder out of place the night before. :o

trainspotter
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Well, I remember the match that I got totally frustrated cos I hit only 5 first services in during the whole match and I actually lost the opening service game with 4 df's. Mental problems as always :o But the scoreline was not that so bad, I focused on breaking the serve of my opponent, but eventually I lost like 2-6 4-6 :P

scoobsuk
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Never seen a woman do this but I remember Guillermo Coria doing this in 2006.

azza
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
me 2DF+ in a game is nott o common for me :D

Dodoboy.
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Aw, I was hoping I could tell the great story of when Venus served for the match against Elena in Miami '04 that she hit four double faults to hand the game away, but I guess not. :sad:

The first time I played tennis I hit three double faults in my first ever service game, then just tapped something over the net. I lost the point anyway. :sad:

I will bet any money that is how ELENA started off.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I guess I have. Then realised that chess is more my thing.

#1Davenport
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I double faulted on my opponent's match point a few years ago at state tournaments... and that made me feel pretty bad.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I basically DFed an entire match away once because I popped my shoulder out of place the night before. :o

You need to stop :lol::lol:

Rollo
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I've served up 8 stinkers in a row a time or two.:o

I've also served up 4 aces in a row on a rare day!

That's the way my serve goes-LOL

In the late 1950s there was a Brazilian woman by the name of Amorin who served doubles for over an entire SET at Wimbledon! She served 17 doubles faults in a row.:help:

Wiggly
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I was serving to stay in the match. 3 straight DFs. Then, I served 4 straight aces and my opponent, in complete shock, barely touched the last won. I was never able to serve that good again. :lol:

kris719
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM
well my first thought was yes, but now that i think about it, i don't really double fault too often at all:)

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I've served up 8 stinkers in a row a time or two.:o

I've also served up 4 aces in a row on a rare day!

That's the way my serve goes-LOL

In the late 1950s there was a Brazilian woman by the name of Amorin who served doubles for over an entire SET at Wimbledon! She served 17 doubles faults in a row.:help:

OMG, i would have been like...i am going to float this serve in and u can either slam it in my face or hit it out :lol:

Haute
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
You need to stop :lol::lol:

It was my first match ever, and yeah... :tape: :lol: I at least did better in my second match later that day, but there's a reason why I've only ever played two actual matches. :rolls:

I'm like Dementieva, horrible serve but I'll kill you with my groundies. :lol:

Muffin the Mule
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Pioline did it against Voltchkov at Wimbledon 2000.

Polikarpov
Apr 6th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Probably Kournikova during her DF peak.

kittyking
Apr 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
My doubles partner has :fiery:

*we still won the match 6-1 6-0, but even so I made him buy me lunch afterwards :angel:

Lefty.
Apr 6th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I used to always start of a singles match with 4 straight dfs and then I would win 6-1, 6-0. :lol:

AcesHigh
Apr 6th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I was serving to stay in the match. 3 straight DFs. Then, I served 4 straight aces and my opponent, in complete shock, barely touched the last won. I was never able to serve that good again. :lol:

I did the exact opposite. Serve 3 aces in one game and also served 3 double faults... :help: the last one to lose the match.

Tennisstar86
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM
no, When things start to go wrong (0-30) i slow my first serve to my second and go for the center of the box to make sure things like that dont happen....

Brooks.
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I was down 0-40 in doubles and missed the first serve :scared:

but I then won 5 points in a row

kiwifan
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I double fault sets away all the time. :p

If I'm losing I just start swinging out, lots of winners, lots of aces but double faults are the price you pay. :shrug:

Kai
Apr 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM
:lol: I played yesterday against my dad and I served 27 DFs in a 26 62 57 match :help:
the very first service game in the match went to my dad because of 4 DFs in a row by me :p

xcrtbckhnd
Apr 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I'm fairly certain that in her first service game of the Miami final against Serena a few years back, Elena D hit 4 double faults in a row. Does anyone else remember that?

Renalicious
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I've dfed until 0-40 but I ended up winning that game...so yeah....

FORZA SARITA
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Ps, does the BOILED EGG play t ennis ? :confused::tape:

:rolls:

Petkorazzi
Apr 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
:lol: I played yesterday against my dad and I served 27 DFs in a 26 62 57 match :help:
the very first service game in the match went to my dad because of 4 DFs in a row by me :p

:bolt: Your dad beats you? :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Kai
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM

;) hes not bad and I play tennis only with him .... so maybe 1 time in 2 months :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I've dfed until 0-40 but I ended up winning that game...so yeah....

I almost did it again yesterday :help::lol:. I served 3 str8 doubles! I was down to my 2nd service when i smashed a serve out of anger right down the T :lol:. I got back to deuce, then i lost the next 2 pts :o....typical me :p.

drake3781
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:10 AM

Why is that funny? Ever heard of experience?

:shrug:

To answer the question, I hardly ever fault at all, so rarely double fault. And so no, not for an entire game. I'm working on serving to the opponent's backhand now; doing a decent job of getting it there on both sides.

jazar
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM
i played a match today and i thought about doubling faulting on match point

drake3781
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM

I did, on Saturday. :sad: :tape: :lol:

But I didn't "double fault the game away"; only had a few in the match. :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I've done that aswell :bounce:. It was my match point, so it wasnt as bad as if i was facing a match point :lol::p.

jazar
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I've done that aswell :bounce:. It was my match point, so it wasnt as bad as if i was facing a match point :lol::p.

i was facing matchpoint. it was a doubles match and in the end i decided to get the serve in and then try and tube a forehand straight at the guy at the net. unfortunately my partner hit a volley wide, robbing me of the opportunity

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:06 AM
i was facing matchpoint. it was a doubles match and in the end i decided to get the serve in and then try and tube a forehand straight at the guy at the net. unfortunately my partner hit a volley wide, robbing me of the opportunity

Ugh, thats the hardest to take at the end. Well, i hope you guys get to have a rematch. Have your doubles partner practice his volleys! :lol::p