PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to all Lindsay fans

liamkc
Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone! I have been a regular viewer of this forum for quite a while without actually registering. One of the main reasons i am so interested in tennis is because of watching Lindsay Davenport play and i hope that we can cheer her on to a big tournament win before she offically retires for good (which is hopefully not for a while). :worship: I remember watching the 2005 Wimbledon final believing that would be her finest acheivemetnt but unfortunaltely that was not to be. It is amazing however to see Lindsay playing in 2008 when many felt she would not return after having a baby. It's nice to see how friendly people on here are and i look forward to discussing Lindsay's progress with you all from now on, for however long that may be. :wavey:

Lindsayfan32
Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM
Welcome to the board Iiamkc it always great to have new people on the TOP board. I agree I didn't think Lindsay would come back after Jagger's birth either as much as Lindsay's loss to Safina was a big shock it's still great to have her back. I've been a fan of Lindsay for most of her career and having her back playing is great. I have feeling it may not be for too much longer but I'm enjoying it as long as it lasts.

Lindsayfanumber1
Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
:wavey:

LindsayRulz
Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome liamkc :wavey:

hurricanejeanne
Apr 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome liamkc :D

LindsayfanTV
Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
welcome liamkc :wavey:

The Daviator
Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Welcome liam :yeah:

liamkc
Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks people, you're all really sweet. :) It's unfortunate that Lindsay is out of Miami, i guess we have to look forward to the grass court season now, which is not long enough in my opinion. Her game is clearly still at a very high level but the frustration lies in that it is becoming harder for her to play consecutive matches. If only there was a day in between each match like at the grand slams, however this is obviously unrealistic. I'd like to know how you see the rest of the year developing for Lindsay especially how you think she'll perform at Wimbledon and the Olympics? It's a sad prospect that this could be her last year; we better enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't be the same watching the tour without those graceful yet powerful groundstrokes. Let's hope she can go out with some kind of bang. :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
Iiamkc There is still Amelia Island next week and then Fed cup not long after that. There is even a small possibility that Lindsay may enter Rome and if she does that who knows about the French.:) I totally agree with the rest of your post too. It shame about Miami but another tournament is never too far away and at least Lindsay came back so we have more of matches to enjoy. :worship:

LindsayRulz
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
And the Warsaw exo! :hearts:

mike/topgun
Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
welcome liamkc :)

Thanks people, you're all really sweet. :) It's unfortunate that Lindsay is out of Miami, i guess we have to look forward to the grass court season now, which is not long enough in my opinion. Her game is clearly still at a very high level but the frustration lies in that it is becoming harder for her to play consecutive matches. If only there was a day in between each match like at the grand slams, however this is obviously unrealistic. I'd like to know how you see the rest of the year developing for Lindsay especially how you think she'll perform at Wimbledon and the Olympics? It's a sad prospect that this could be her last year; we better enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't be the same watching the tour without those graceful yet powerful groundstrokes. Let's hope she can go out with some kind of bang. :bounce:

I agree, but it's some time before Wimbledon and it was confirmed that Lindsay will play in Warsaw exo on clay,Fed Cup, then maybe Rome on the fastes claycourts of Foro Italico (yeah, mainly cause of Jon :p) and I would not even rule out RG.;) This is probably the last year we see Lindsay playing (singles) and she's visiting some places she's never been to(like New Zeland and hopefully Poland:hearts: )

Nikki
Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Welcome liamkc:wavey:

LindsayfanTV
Apr 3rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I also think this will be Lindsay's last year and I think we have been lucky to see her back this year. I think she will avoid RG as I think she is playing primarily for the enjoyment and I think Paris is just too hard a slog for her. She never seems happy there so why worry about it.

I would love her to play both Birmingham and Eastbourne before Wimbledon (as I am going to all 3 tournaments) but suspect she might do only two.:bounce::bounce:

I wonder if she might go beyond the US Open as she always says she doesn't like a fuss and if people think it is her last tournament it may put more pressure on her. She loves Bali and Zurich so I wonder if she might keep going beyond the summer.

I think it will depend on how well she does at the slams and the Olympics ~ if she competes well, gets to the latter stages and gets a medal in Beijing, I think she might relax and play for fun till the end of the year:hearts:

The other factor will be Jagger: :baby: he will be walking, talking and generlly more of a handful as a toddler and more of an effort to travel with. Lindsay seems so devoted to him, I think she will factor his needs into her decision to continue the tour in the Winter.

Let's hope she has a great season ~ I for one have just been so pleased to see her back on court and playing so well. :worship::kiss::tennis:

Lindsayfan32
Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
I also think this will be Lindsay's last year and I think we have been lucky to see her back this year. I think she will avoid RG as I think she is playing primarily for the enjoyment and I think Paris is just too hard a slog for her. She never seems happy there so why worry about it.

I would love her to play both Birmingham and Eastbourne before Wimbledon (as I am going to all 3 tournaments) but suspect she might do only two.:bounce::bounce:

I wonder if she might go beyond the US Open as she always says she doesn't like a fuss and if people think it is her last tournament it may put more pressure on her. She loves Bali and Zurich so I wonder if she might keep going beyond the summer.

I think it will depend on how well she does at the slams and the Olympics ~ if she competes well, gets to the latter stages and gets a medal in Beijing, I think she might relax and play for fun till the end of the year:hearts:

The other factor will be Jagger: :baby: he will be walking, talking and generlly more of a handful as a toddler and more of an effort to travel with. Lindsay seems so devoted to him, I think she will factor his needs into her decision to continue the tour in the Winter.

Let's hope she has a great season ~ I for one have just been so pleased to see her back on court and playing so well. :worship::kiss::tennis:

I totally agree with you.I have had a feeling for while that this will be Lindsay's last full year on tour. Lindsay is committed beyond the US Open as she is already entered to play Bali (If she play is another thing). I'm glad she came back and I'm enjoying watching her play while it lasts. I could see her retiring if not the end of this year maybe playing through to Indian wells and retiring there next year. But if we're still talking about Lindsay as active player this time next year I will be very surprised.

mal
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
One of the main reasons i am so interested in tennis is because of watching Lindsay Davenport play and i hope that we can cheer her on to a big tournament win before she offically retires for good (which is hopefully not for a while). :worship: I remember watching the 2005 Wimbledon final believing that would be her finest acheivemetnt but unfortunaltely that was not to be. It is amazing however to see Lindsay playing in 2008 when many felt she would not return after having a baby.

Can't agree with you there. Well it all depends upon the demands of the new family, but. I admit I know very little about either tennis or Lindsay, since I only started noticing her since Wimbledon 2002? when she lost to Sharapova. I was surprised she lost, much as I was delighted by Maria's fantastic win. However. She seems to be one of those quiet people who doesn't even react to most of the stuff that goes down on court. You know, like some people will talk to themselves and make it into a real high intensity battle. Lindsay just looks, then walks back to the base line. I think she knows what she wants, and wouldn't be surprised to see her around for many years, with this maternity thing and all the strain that puts on you fading fast as a physical obstacle to her playing.

pilou
Apr 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome liamkc