PDA

View Full Version : Clay court season 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

azdaja
Apr 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Miami sucks.
so let's forget about it :p

clay court season is still a month away, but i don't think i will care about women's tennis much until then, so why not start a thread right away :p

ana had her major breakthrough during the last year's clay court season in europe. she has a lot of points to defend, but she also has a tournament more to play. i don't know what we can expect, but i hope for the best. ajde!

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Stupid Florida tournament, rabble rabble rabble.:(.

Great thread, Azdaja! Makes perfect sense to start the thread right away, IMO:
1. We might forget to do it later
2. boatloads of v-cash:D:yippee:
Ajde Ana!!:hug: Its clay season!!:devil:

Dexter
Apr 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
Exactly. Wake me up when Berlin starts. :zzz:

dybbuk
Apr 1st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'm famous :banana:

Clay's my favorite part of the year. :drool: (Well since Ana got good on it, 'cause Lindsay never gave me much this time of the year.)

SOA_MC
Apr 1st, 2008, 10:57 PM
This year clay court season looks like it's going to be a weird one with Justine playing so bad lets hope Ana comes out on top:cool:

~lollipop_girl~
Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM

Clay's my favorite part of the year. :drool: (Well since Ana got good on it, 'cause Lindsay never gave me much this time of the year.)
:eek:
I hate clay season with a passion and just coz Ana rocks on it now, my opinion of it won't change :p

Stupid RG, ruining Martina's career :shout:

DownTheLine21
Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
I hope Ana can defend most of her points during the clay season. She has a lot to defend, but hopefully she can do well at Berlin and then get some extra points at Rome. Looking to the FO, it will be difficult to defend the Finalist points, but I'm confident that she can......win.

DownTheLine21
Apr 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
In honor of the upcoming clay season:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IlMr_Rc8QKg

tedlesurfeur
Apr 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM

It's also your favorite part of the year because players we believed hard courts players (Kolya and Ana) just do so well in Clay as well :wavey: I love Kolya too

bad_angel_109
Apr 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Good luck to Ana during the clay court season. Can't wait to see what her outfit will be. :)

The Daviator
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I wish Ana was playing Charleston :lol: Berlin is so long away :( But I'm sure the break will be for the best in the long run :angel:

DownTheLine21
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dull days in this thread. Why didn't Ana play Charleston? It would have been a great opportunity to gain some ranking points and clay-court practice, although I'm sure that Warsaw/Berlin/Rome will be more than enough practice.

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I'm sure that Warsaw/Berlin/Rome will be more than enough practice.

Dont think shes playing Warsaw, unless it was recently added. I wouldve liked the Charleston too, always liked that tournament, and pretty decent looking field.

Dexter
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Warsaw doesn't even have a real tournament this year, guys.

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Really?:lol: We're not very sharp when Ana's not playing i guess.:o
Anyone have any news on fedcup? Wasnt it supposed to be the playoffs this month?

Dexter
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
It's next weekend, I think.

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
You'd think her website would say something, but at least they provided a bagel analysis.:cool:

DownTheLine21
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Warsaw doesn't even have a real tournament this year, guys.

I thought she was playing the Warsaw exhibition, along with Radwanska, Davenport, etc.?

Dexter
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
They tried to talk her into playing apparently, but thanks God she didn't agree.

DownTheLine21
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
They tried to talk her into playing apparently, but thanks God she didn't agree.

That's good. It seemed like a waste of time anyway.

SOA_MC
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Berlin is taking forever:mad:

So does anybody know where Ana is right now and what's she doing?

tedlesurfeur
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM

So does anybody know where Ana is right now and what's she doing?

Well, Fed Cup is coming ahead...

SOA_MC
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well, Fed Cup is coming ahead...

When's Fed Cup and who are they playing?

azdaja
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
When's Fed Cup and who are they playing?
it's next weekend and they are playing against croatia in zagreb. there is an interview with ana on fed cup website:
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=11303

i hope they will win and ana will stay healthy.

Fidello
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM

So does anybody know where Ana is right now and what's she doing?Probably (and hopefully) in some place like this

http://tropicaltravelrewards.shiftcode.com/images/1349/BoraBoraAccommodations.jpg

patthebassist
Apr 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Good luck to Ana during the clay court season. Can't wait to see what her outfit will be. :)

me 2 :D:D:D

i cant w8 to c wt she is wearing:):):)

GOODLUCK ANA !!!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Ana ever considered playing Warsaw this year? I'd be surprised.
I like her schedule now.
Go for Serbia next week and then.........BERLIN!

Langers
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:18 AM
This long layoff is getting sooo boring! :o :p

DownTheLine21
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I think Ana can do well at Berlin. She always seems to have strong results after a few weeks off (ex. Berlin, LA, Luxembourg).

sunsfuns
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I completely forgot Serbia is playing Fed Cup next week :tape:

Good luck in that and I hope Serbia gets to World Group ASAP. Line-up for next week's World Group semi finals is just an embarassment...

DownTheLine21
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM
I have to come here because there's too much negativity in the GM regarding Ana's chances of defending her clay season points. With that said, I am a little worried. I hope she can do well in Berlin, but, if not, she always has Rome. However, if she does well in Rome, she doesn't usually do well in the follow-up tournament, which would be the French Open in this case.

Best Case Scenario: Defend Berlin.

The title defense will be difficult, but it will re-establish her as the threat that she is. Also, she could then ride high into Rome, where the pressure is off anyway.

Looking to the French Open, I'm pretty confident with any draw that she gets. I really don't foresee her bombing out before the QF. However, it would be good to avoid dangerous floaters like the currently hot Zvonareva. From that point, I think she can take out any of the Top 8 if needed. After taking Henin to three sets in Sydney, I think she's ready for a victory. The Williams sisters or Sharapova could also be challenging, but clay puts her in the best position for a victory.

Just Do It
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Good luck Anka, win something :yeah:

Nikkiri
Apr 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Ana the selfish cow is back :o She has a high fever and wont play fed cup leaving poor little Jelena to fly the flag for Serbia all on her own. :awww:

Least she'll be nice and refreshed for Berlin :angel:

azdaja
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
thankfully the other ana won, so we could even avoid the perennial fed cup drama.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I was scared as hell when I saw that Ana won't play.
I really hope she will be fine soon. Gladly it's not an injury.
Jovanovic won so Jelena can finish it herself.

Ana just MUST be 100% for Berlin. :help:

DownTheLine21
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I was scared as hell when I saw that Ana won't play.
I really hope she will be fine soon. Gladly it's not an injury.
Jovanovic won so Jelena can finish it herself.

Ana just MUST be 100% for Berlin. :help:

I know that she's suffering from some kind of illness, but does anyone know what is specifically wrong?

dybbuk
Apr 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
:awww: Get better soon Ana. She's still scheduled for doubles tomorrow though.

cocco80
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I know that she's suffering from some kind of illness, but does anyone know what is specifically wrong?

All they said she has a high fever.

schorsch
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
All they said she has a high fever.

And was seen sitting around having fun eating icecream afterwards.

terjw
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
It might be one of those one-day fevers where it knocks you out when you get it - but the next day you are OK. I think there's a good chance she will play her singles match today. At JJ's press conference yesterday - she said she hoped Ana will recover to play and win her match today. And coach Vranes said yesterday that Ana felt better in the afternoon.

I'm not really an Ana fan so I don't usually come into this forum - but I came in here in case there was any more news on Ana today.

Anyway I do hope she'll play and win to clinch it for Serbia. I'm cautiously optimistic that she will. And that could be 3 different players - Ana, JJ & Ana each getting a win.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Ana is playing now!!!! I'm happy about that.
5-4 in the 1st set.

AJDE!!!!

Nikkiri
Apr 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Oh boo hoo. Today she played so bub bye :wavey:

dybbuk
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ana clinches for Serbia :yeah: Time to get ready to defend :cool:

Dexter
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:45 PM
:).And was seen sitting around having fun eating icecream afterwards.Leave.

cocco80
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM

I like you but you must admit that your dislike of ana is totally irrational. You were not fair about all this Fed cup thing. Saying that she was pretending to be seek and trying to avoid playing. As it turns out you were wrong. One more time. Please, stop doing this. If you hate the girl just avoid threads about her cuz you're being highly subjective and that causes you to write total BS.

Why do you come to Ana's subforum anyway?

Cp6uja
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, the player replacing Ivanovic.

One thing:

Ana doesnt want to lose her #2 ranking, so she withdrew and thats it. Like anyone believes her sudden fever attack. Maybe she's got a bit of a temperature, but she certainly could play. But she lets JJ do all the work again, so that she can be fresh for the next tourna.And was seen sitting around having fun eating icecream afterwards.You again proved that nobody here knows better all Ana's dirty tricks, secrets and conspiracies than you. Thanks again for opening our eyes :p

cocco80
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM
That's the face of the devil ! Pure evil. Our little DemiANA :devil:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/image.php?file=pictures/media/gallery/childhood/012.JPG&width=640&scale=aspect_ratio

SOA_MC
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:02 AM

Still she hasn't backed out of playing Fed Cup as much as a certain so called patriotic Russian has and also Ana has already qualifed for the olympics so she didn't just show up to qualify like somebody else :scratch:

azdaja
Apr 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
i don't think people should pay much attention to schorsch and that person should stick to posting negative posts about ana in the safety of jj's forum or in general messages, we don't need that rubbish here :p i want ana friendly environment. speaking of which, i am strongly in favour of live scoring in this thread. at work i won't be able to follow live scores otherwise and if i am to follow live scores on this board they need to be ana friendly, so if you have nothing better to do, do post updates here, everyone :wavey:

oh, and all dislike of ana is completely irrational. period :angel:

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, i appreciate live scores and reactions to matches for the same reason as azdaja. Her website lead story summary lacks the tone and personality of posters that describe match here- if its gut wrenching or a blowout her website always have a similar tone. Very valuable when people give the reports.:)

Dexter
May 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
So it starts next week! :banana:
Sjoerd texted me that Ana has a potential QF vs Marion, SF vs Jelena or Lena D. Justine, Serena, Sveta, Nicole & Anna are all in the top half.

Nikkiri
May 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Prepare to hear how Ana always has easy draws :bounce:

Dexter
May 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Haha, quicker than you would thought. :lol:

Nikkiri
May 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Haha, quicker than you would thought. :lol:

Not surprised. away :tape:

Dexter
May 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Ana will have a tough round 2 however.... Amelie or Aravane. 3rd round Shahar, Sybille, Sabine or Misa.

DownTheLine21
May 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ana will have a tough round 2 however.... Amelie or Aravane. 3rd round Shahar, Sybille, Sabine or Misa.

I expect her to beat either of them, but Mauresmo could be difficult. She's hasn't been playing that well in the last year, but her confidence may be running high after the Fed Cup wins.

Langers
May 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
This is the 2008 version of Ana, she crushes anyone she should beat these days. ;)

cocco80
May 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Prepare to hear how Ana always has easy draws :bounce:

they're on top of that.
btw, she is not ivanobitch anymore. now it's ivanowitch. so witty...NOT.:p

Nikkiri
May 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
they're on top of that.
btw, she is not ivanobitch anymore. now it's ivanowitch. so witty...NOT.:p

Also annoynovic :bounce: Those Sharapova fans sure like to use their brains :D

dulkogii
May 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Good luck!

DownTheLine21
May 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
LOL! I almost died of laughter when I saw "Ivanowitch" in the Main Draw thread. Pathetic!

jonnyroyale_13
May 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Probably Momo and Peer right from the start, not what i call easy draw. Easy for Ana maybe, but not ordinary players.:devil:
Do it Ana!:rocker2:

dybbuk
May 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ajde Ana! It's been too long.

SOA_MC
May 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Ana:rocker2:Ana:rocker2:Ana:rocker2:

Dodoboy.
She can definitely make a splash this week!

Final is almost definite, GO ANA!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
All I wanted was Serena in tophalf and that I would be glad about the draw.
But in the end I saw Mauresmo.
I really don't like it at all.
I'm already worried since I saw it.
I just know it. Amelie plays shit, EXCEPT for this 2nd round match against Ana.
She will beat her easier than she will beat Rezai :sad::help::tape:

SOA_MC
May 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
I would love to see her shock WTAWorld by winning Berlin:hearts:

DownTheLine21
May 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM

Amelie's confidence may be running high due to her fed cup success, but I really don't see her getting past Ana. Mauresmo is still shaky (DFs, many wasted BP/GP, etc.), and, even if things get tough, I expect that Ana will ultimately prevail due to superior mental strength.

Dodoboy.
May 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
LOL! I almost died of laughter when I saw "Ivanowitch" in the Main Draw thread. Pathetic!

Other names include - Annoy Ivanowitch :lol:

SOA_MC
May 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Who did Mauresmo beat in Fed Cup?

DownTheLine21
May 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Who did Mauresmo beat in Fed Cup?

No one especially impressive, but winning consecutive matches is a reason to cheer in her camp.

The Daviator
May 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Good luck Ana :D

dybbuk
May 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM

It's very doubtful that Ana will lose to Mauresmo. Unless Amelie finds her '06 form, she doesn't have much of a chance. One of her main weaknesses this year, her serve, will play right into Ana's strengths. Even if Amelie is starting to get it together, I think she will find holding her serve too tough of a task to beat Ana.

I am worried about Szavay some. She is so up and down, but she has a potentially great clay-court game.

SOA_MC
May 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Alex it was also very doubtful that Ana would lose to Lindsay in Miami and we know what happen there:bigcry:

bruce goose
May 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Also annoynovic :bounce: Those Sharapova fans sure like to use their brains :DWHAT brains,don't you know that they think with their little wee-wees?That is,when they're not playing with them.Actually,Masha IS a rare beauty in that few tall European models--almost ZERO,actually--have a set of buns which are THAT scrumptious.:drool:

...back to Ana,though...my biggest concern is that she often looks pretty rusty in her opening matches following a lay-off...and now she'll most likely face Monster Mauro in the 2nd Round.Lucky for Amelie that it's not a beauty contest as we'd have to age Ana by 100 years to even THOSE odds.I kinda wish that Ana had played at least one more clay event prior to this one but,if she DOES get noticeably outplayed in her opener,I think that she'll buckle down and re-double her efforts to regain last year's RG form.

jonnyroyale_13
May 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I havent followed recent tournaments so really dont know who's playing well..Just curious, who the Ivanovic fanbase thinks will win the top? :shrug:
I say Kuznetsova. Her path to the SF looks to be a pretty sure thing. In a semi-final, she can beat Justine or Serena on this court. (then Ana can drop her in the final;)) Pointless predictions, im just curious. Also , hows Schnyder been playing lately?

bruce goose
May 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I would say that Brenda Schultz-McCarthy and Amanmuradova must be considered the favorites to dominate the clay-court season.They'll use their blinding speed and superb footwork to outhustle the other players in the big matches...and then they can take advantage of their mesmerizing beauty to distract and hypnotize the male umpires and line judges into submission.

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I havent followed recent tournaments so really dont know who's playing well..Just curious, who the Ivanovic fanbase thinks will win the top? :shrug:
I say Kuznetsova. Her path to the SF looks to be a pretty sure thing. In a semi-final, she can beat Justine or Serena on this court. (then Ana can drop her in the final;)) Pointless predictions, im just curious. Also , hows Schnyder been playing lately?

I would say Serena she is on a three tournament winning streak

bruce goose
May 4th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I would say Serena she is on a three tournament winning streakNot a bad suggestion;I can't remember her playing so well on clay since she had her super year in 2002.

Monirena Wiles
May 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
After Berlin and Prague we will get a better feel for which players we should keep our eyes on. Zvonereva is looking really dangerous right now.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Guys, Ana arrived today!
She had a smiling face the most of the time.
I have a few pictures, but it was at court 11 were she trained and it's not easy to take the pictures there.
She was nice and had time for actually anyone.

Sven is also a really nice guy and easy to talk to.
It was a nice day and hopefully the week gets even better!
Wednesday it begins!

AJDE!!!!

dybbuk
May 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the report, Sjoerd. :)

bruce goose
May 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Guys, Ana arrived today!
She had a smiling face the most of the time.
I have a few pictures, but it was at court 11 were she trained and it's not easy to take the pictures there.
She was nice and had time for actually anyone.

Sven is also a really nice guy and easy to talk to.
It was a nice day and hopefully the week gets even better!
Wednesday it begins!

AJDE!!!!The last TRUE queen of tennis loved clay as her favorite surface.We'll see how Serbian Chrissie does this season with higher expectations...glad to hear that she's so comfortable with her team.:)

doni1212
May 5th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Good luck Ana!!! I really hope you make the finals and keep your number 2 ranking! Also, I want a Serena-Ana final, :drool:

bruce goose
May 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Good luck Ana!!! I really hope you make the finals and keep your number 2 ranking! Also, I want a Serena-Ana final, :drool:Mi cun~ado is a big Steelers fan from Altoona,PA,btw...but it's more important for Ana to BEAT Serena instead of simply playing her again.Most likely,beating Venus at the AO will give Ana some confidence that she can defeat Serena also even though the sisters' games aren't identical.Also,Ana MUST break through against Henin at some point yet I'm not sure if she's ready to do it on clay...what a GREAT win it would be if she did it.:yeah:

Dexter
May 5th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sjoerd texted me that Amelie withdrew.

bruce goose
May 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Sjoerd texted me that Amelie withdrew.Monster Mauro wasn't ready to receive that second-round ass-whupping that Ana had in store for her...she chickened out.:D

Ana_forever
May 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Wenn will Ana play?
Ana Forever

bruce goose
May 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Wenn will Ana play?
Ana ForeverHey,your very first post!!:D Welcome to the club and you can wire me your membership fees at any time within the next 2 weeks.;) It appears that Ana will play on Wednesday because her potential opponents don't meet until tomorrow.

There's something strangely symmetrical about the fact that Mauresmo was replaced by Amanmuradova in the draw.If Akgul beats Rezai,then I hope that the WTA will force her and Ana to wear different-colored outfits so that we can tell them apart on the court.They are practically twins!:eek:

Ana_forever
May 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks,bruce goose. :)

DownTheLine21
May 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Amelie is still capable of turning it on at any moment. I was a little worried about Ana facing her in the second round, but she should be able to handle Amanmuradova or Rezai relatively easily.

dybbuk
May 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I wanted her to play Amelie. :( Ammundrova or whatever should be a fun match if it happens.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I'm her with some people and all of them are Amelie fans.
They make fun of me the whole time, since they probably will play.
Now she withdrew and the mood is different of course.
But Ana has a free road now to the SF!!!

bruce goose
May 6th, 2008, 03:26 AM
It's odd that THEY should make fun of YOU,'I.F.';they should be glad that you're gracious enough to NOT point out that their favorite player would be confused for the late Richard Nixon if she cut her hair shorter.

There's gonna be a LOT of petty,bitter jealousy from lots of losers if Ana fulfills even half of her potential.She'll silence any legit criticism if she can start competing evenly with her two toughest opponents,Henin and Serena,this year...and if she SURPASSES them,then we'll know that the reign of Ana has officially begun.

Dexter
May 6th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Ana indeed will play Akgul. She can't lose to a LL... can she? :help:

cocco80
May 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM

I really hate I have to say this because I avoid jinxing
but ...THERE'S NO WAY SHE'S GONNA LOSE THIS ONE..DON'T WORRY !!! :)

Nikkiri
May 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM

:tape:

Hope not :p

DownTheLine21
May 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
It's odd that THEY should make fun of YOU,'I.F.';they should be glad that you're gracious enough to NOT point out that their favorite player would be confused for the late Richard Nixon if she cut her hair shorter.

There's gonna be a LOT of petty,bitter jealousy from lots of losers if Ana fulfills even half of her potential.She'll silence any legit criticism if she can start competing evenly with her two toughest opponents,Henin and Serena,this year...and if she SURPASSES them,then we'll know that the reign of Ana has officially begun.

This is true. Many posters already criticize her continually because she's yet to beat players like Henin and Serena. They try to devalue her 23 Top 10 wins because these girls weren't part of that list. However, I expect the hate to get much worse once she actually starts to beat them. That moment officially makes her their "competition."

azdaja
May 6th, 2008, 02:35 PM
the draw is opening up for ana, but i feel sorry she couldn't improve her h2h against peer :(

dybbuk
May 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Steffi Graf Stadium (from 12.00hrs)
1. Peng vs. Jankovic
2. Amanmuradova vs. Ivanovic
3. Henin vs. Chan
4. Kuznetsova vs. Castaño

Ajde Ana!

Dexter
May 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'll have Russian class then, so I won't be able to watch. The same thing happened in Stuttgart when she played Bondarenko... :tape:

dybbuk
May 6th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'll have Russian class then, so I won't be able to watch. The same thing happened in Stuttgart when she played Bondarenko... :tape:

We know who to blame then. Run if you can, Dexter. :armed:

The Daviator
May 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
She's finally back :D

Do your thing Anci :kiss:

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM

I'm actually nervous for Ana about this match:help:

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I'm not feeling too nervous about the match. I don't want to seem too confident, but I'm expecting a relatively easy two set victory. Ana is on a completely different level than Amanmuradova. However, considering that it's her first match on the red clay, perhaps the first set might be tight.

SOA_MC
May 7th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I'm not feeling too nervous about the match. I don't want to seem too confident, but I'm expecting a relatively easy two set victory. Ana is on a completely different level than Amanmuradova. However, considering that it's her first match on the red clay, perhaps the first set might be tight.

What surface was Fed Cup played on? I thought it was clay.

jonnyroyale_13
May 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM
What surface was Fed Cup played on? I thought it was clay.

It was hardcourt indoors.;)

Dexter
May 7th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Guys I would be even nervous if she were to play Brie Whitehead. :lol:

bruce goose
May 7th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Guys I would be even nervous if she were to play Brie Whitehead. :lol:You're a nice guy,Dexter,but you'll make people think that you're a neurotic female with paranoid comments like THAT one.

Dexter
May 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
You're a nice guy,Dexter,but you'll make people think that you're a neurotic female with paranoid comments like THAT one.And who said I'm not. :tape::lol:

Nikkiri
May 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Guys I would be even nervous if she were to play Brie Whitehead. :lol:

I'd be nervous too. :hug:

cocco80
May 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
You're a nice guy,Dexter,but you'll make people think that you're a neurotic female with paranoid comments like THAT one.

and some people might think your comment is sexist. :angel:
it can also be a "neurotic male with paranoid comments" ;)

bruce goose
May 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM
and some people might think your comment is sexist. :angel:
it can also be a "neurotic male with paranoid comments" ;);) :lol:

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting match. Ana is holding serve pretty easily, but she is struggling to break. 0/5 on BPs.

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Despite some struggle, Ana played a perfect tie-break. 7-6(0).

Nikkiri
May 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Finish it in 2 Ana. :bounce:

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Like they always say, "a win is a win." Kidding aside, I'm fine with her performance today. She was obviously getting used to the red clay again, and I'm sure that Amanmuradova was pounding the ball. Also, despite a low first serve percentage, her service games were very strong (only faced BPs in one game).

41 Winners
20 Errors

First Serve Percentage - 48%
First Serve Points Won - 79%
Second Serve Points Won - 59%

Break Points Converted - 3/11 (27%) :help:

Nikkiri
May 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I think she was just a bit nervous today. She played enough to win I'm sure her level will lift now.

Ajde Ana :D

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
So Ana will face Bammer tomorrow. I like this match-up. Lisicki could have been dangerous, but I don't expect Bammer to be that unpredictable or difficult.

Langers
May 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wow that first set was a struggle but glad she won in straight sets.

It's so wierd having Ana play again. :p

Keep it up! :yeah:

Nikkiri
May 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Time for revenge against Bammer :devil:

bruce goose
May 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I think she was just a bit nervous today. She played enough to win I'm sure her level will lift now.

Ajde Ana :DAna got a little bit nauseous when she got her first look at her opponent today but,once her stomach settled down,she began re-gaining her usual form.

dybbuk
May 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats Ana. :D I'm sure her level will rise in her following matches. Time for revenge against Sybille now.

Dexter
May 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Job done. :cool:
Good that her match tomorrow is scheduled light... I might watch it. :)

SOA_MC
May 8th, 2008, 12:48 AM
1. Henin vs. Safina
2. A.Radwanska vs. S.Williams
3. Kirilenko vs. Jankovic
4. Bammer vs. Ivanovic

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Alert for U.S. Fans:

ESPN 360 is covering center court for the entire day tomorrow, which means that we'll definitely see Ana's match. Also, they'll be showing the QF/SF/F at the correct times, unlike the Tennis Channel which shows them tape-delayed (because of the ATP Rome tournament).

cocco80
May 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Ana and Makiri watching together Henin - Safina match.
They are still very close I guess. :)

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Ana and Maria :awww: love them both :kiss:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/PSALT_alreadytaken/Untitled-14.jpg

I took it for Nikkie, so might as well post it here too. :lol: Ana was saying "I know", and they both kept looking down, so I think they were trying to avoid the camera. :p

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Eeeeeee. I know whats going on :angel:

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the still. I was watching ESPN 360, but I must have been away from the computer when they were on.

azdaja
May 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
i am strongly in favour of live scoring in this thread. at work i won't be able to follow live scores otherwise and if i am to follow live scores on this board they need to be ana friendly, so if you have nothing better to do, do post updates here, everyone :wavey:
just reminding people. i am at work right now and can't even follow livescores on the wta site.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I just came back home, so I'll be giving some updates. :)
I'm busy all the time with uni... really fortunate to get a chance to watch Ana before the weekend (if she makes it that far).

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM
15-0. Return long.
30-0. Return long.
30-15. FH DTL just wide.
30-30. BH long.
40-30. Ace down the T.
40-40. FH netted.
Ad. Sybille - BH long.
Deuce #2. FH wide after a long rally.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Ad. Sybille - Netcord of return, Ana nets BH.
Deuce #3 - Helluva serve, wrong-footing FH winner. :yeah:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Ad. Ana - huge service winner.
Lucky netcorder for Ana. Ana holds for 1-0*. :yeah:

ES is off to show football show for 10 minutes. :rolleyes: What's the point? :rolleyes::o

azdaja
May 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
thanks for the updates.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Sybille holds to love for 1-1*.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Double BP for Sybille.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Once Ana cleans up the unforced errors a bit, she should be able to win this pretty comfortably. Bammer's ground game isn't damaging in any way.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Sybille breaks for *2-1.
Ana looked like she couldn't find her range in the 1st game. She needs to asap.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
0-15. DF #1.
0-30. Great lob and then FH DTL winner. :clap2:

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Sybille breaks for *2-1.
Ana looked like she couldn't find her range in the 1st game. She needs to asap.

That seems to be the problem. She's just hitting too many long at the moment.

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
The ESPN stream is always like a game behind. :o A lot of backhands long so far in the match, yeah.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
15-30. Return netted. Geee, Sybille's balltoss is enormous.
30-30. FH long.
40-30. BH netted... Ana overhitting it atm.
40-40. FH netted.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Ad. Ana - huge return and then the point was all hers.
Ditto. Ana breaks back for *2-2! :)

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
15-0. Return netted.
15-15. FH netted... this is really terrible.
15-30. Went for a crazy BH DTL... missed by miles.
30-30. Huge serve.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
30-40. BH netted, Sybille moved forward forcing error.
Lob long. Sybille breaks again for *3-2.

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:16 PM
She isn't beating Szavay like this. She really needs to find her range sooner rather than later.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Ugh broken again.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
0-15. BH return doing the job again.
0-30. Clever pass by Ana, Sybille had an open court and hit it straight to Ana.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Bammer is smart to hit to Ana's backhand, which isn't looking that great today.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
She isn't beating Szavay like this. She really needs to find her range sooner rather than later.Szavay might be even worse at times. :shrug:
0-40. DF
Sweet return. Ana breaks back for *3-3. HOLD!!! :shout:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Szavay might be even worse at times. :shrug:
0-40. DF
Sweet return. Ana breaks back for *3-3. HOLD!!! :shout:

Definitely possible. Agnes has looked in good form though, and has scared me from the moment the draw came out. Her backhand is lethal, and her forehand, though generally weak, is made for clay. :unsure:

Hold your serve Ana.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
15-0. Good serve, easy FH. Ana's classic. :cool:
15-15. FH netted again...
30-15. Fantastic FH CC by Ana. She's playing more confidently now.

azdaja
May 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM
i didn't like seeing agnes in ana's part of the draw either, but i'll be more than happy to be worried about if ana wins this match. the way she started :scared:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM
30-30. Great return by Sybille and then easy FH.
40-30. Return netted.
FH netted. Ana holds for 4-3*.

Dodoboy.
May 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Back on serve and leading!

come on ANA!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
i didn't like seeing agnes in ana's part of the draw either, but i'll be more than happy to be worried about if ana wins this match. the way she started :scared:Honestly, she just needs to get calmer... there's nothing wrong with her game atm except she's overhitting it. It looks like she's found her range finally though. She really looks in great shape and moves well too.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
15-0. Miss hitting it twice. :lol:
30-0. Gee FH missed by miles again.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
40-0. BH netted.
40-15. Finally put FH into that right corner. :lol:
FH missed by a distance Berlin-Vienna again. 4 all. Hold here, Ana!!! :shout:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
15-0. Great FH CC forcing error.
30-0. Silly miss by Sybille, just needed to put it anywhere inside the lines.
40-0. Great FH winner.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Return long. First love game for Ana. 5-4*. Break for the set now! :shout:

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
LOL! The forehand was severely overcooked multiple times in Bammer's last service game.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
15-0. Return netted.
30-0. Return long... :o
40-0. Return missed again... :lol::o
Guess what? :o Love game for Sybille w/o even moving. 5 all. Hold here, Ana!!! :shout:

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Is IvanovicFan!!! sitting with a group of people that are holding a Serbian flag (with pictures of Ana, Nole, etc. on it)?

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
15-0. Return netted.
30-0. Powerful FH forcing error.
30-15. FH netted. 12th UE? I think it's more than that.
40-15. BH missed.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ana's return game :help:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Is IvanovicFan!!! sitting with a group of people that are holding a Serbian flag (with pictures of Ana, Nole, etc. on it)?No idea, I haven't posted him.

40-30. FH netted.
Service winner. Ana please finish this set off here! :o

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
0-15. Lucky netcorder...
0-30. Ana hitting BIG and not overcooking it for once. Great point.

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
15-0. Return netted.
30-0. Powerful FH forcing error.
30-15. FH netted. 12th UE? I think it's more than that.
40-15. BH missed.

The same thing happened in the Janko match. I think the winners/UE counts have been much too conservative this week.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
15-30. Good angles, Sybille.
15-40. Again fantastic hitting by Ana, Sybille forced to the commercials' banners.
FH winner to finish it off. 7-5! :yeah:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I wanted to leave at 7pm for a party... but I'll be late by the looks of it. :awww:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
:banana:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
15-0. Nice rally, much calmer, much better.
30-0. Service winner.
40-0. Nice volley. :yeah: Sybille forcing Ana to play one more shot all the time.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Ana got the forehand working by the end of the set. Hopefully the second can go smoother.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
40-15. FH long.
FH wide. Ana holds for 1-0*.

Btw guys, I think this dress is PERFECT for clay season. I'm happy she's going to play in Paris in it.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
15-0. FH wide.
15-15. BH wide.
15-30. Nice FH winner. :yeah:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
40-15. FH long.
FH wide. Ana holds for 1-0*.

Btw guys, I think this dress is PERFECT for clay season. I'm happy she's going to play in Paris in it.

This color does look nice on clay. I just want a new design though. :awww: Same color, I like Ana in a top and skirt though.

Playing much better now. :yeah: She definitely has seemed nervous defending her title, hopefully she's calmed now.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
11 Winnere - 12 Unforced Errors

Is this right?? It seems like she hit many more UE.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
15-40. FH long.
30-40. Almost made this volley. :lol: This time net brings luck for Sybille.
Well constructed point by Ana, finally she's patient. *2-0. Hold here!!! :shout:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
0-15. Good return and then nice FH winner.
0-30. Superb BH CC winner Sybille.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:53 PM
0-40. Damn easy FH netted, Ana screams Nooo.
15-40. FH CC winner. :yeah:
Blah, overcooking it again. 2-1*.... :shrug:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
15-0. BH netted.
30-0. FH long...

Commentators just said that Justine was 75 2-0 up too today. :o

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
30-15. Better point, FH too strong.
40-15. Return wide.
40-30. Silly miss, Sybille.
40-40. FH wide.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Ad. Sybille - Huge 2nd serve.
Return long. 2 games all... Focus Ana!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
0-15. FH misshit.
15-15. FH forcing error.
30-15. Service winner.
40-15. Again Ana's FH too strong.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
BH long. Ana holds for 3-2*. Get it together and break now!

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
30-15. Better point, FH too strong.
40-15. Return wide.
40-30. Silly miss, Sybille.
40-40. FH wide.

That was awful. What was she trying to do? :lol: Henin at her best would have trouble making the angle Sybille was devising.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
15-0. Great FH Sybille forcing error out of Ana.
15-15. FH DTL return winner. :yeah:

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
30-15. Terrible FH again...
40-15. FH long...
FH return long... :o 3 games all. Hold here, Ana!!!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
15-0. BH misshit.
15-15. DF #1.
30-15. Service winner.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM
40-15. FH netted.
40-30. DF #2.
FH long. Ana holds for 4-3*. Phew...

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
15-0. Smart play, Sybille. Making Ana run from side to side.
30-0. What a BH miss. :help:
30-15. BH netted.
40-15. BH netted after long rally.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
40-30. Deep return, forcing error.
40-40. Great rally... first AJDE of the match. AJDE!!!!!!!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ad. Ana - powerful return, Sybille misstiming her shot.
Deuce #2 - moonball long. :o

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ad. Ana - FH wide.
Deuce #3 - FH long. :o

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ad. Ana - long rally, BH wide to end it. Take it, Ana!!!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Deuce #4. FH DTL winner.

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Ad. Sybille - Return long, Ana arguing but is wrong (good call).
Very long rally, Sybille more patient of the two. 4 games all. Hold here, Ana!!!

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
0-15. FH just long.
0-30. Got it all wrong... :help:
15-30. Return long.
30-30. Great point by Ana! :clap2:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Ajde! Hold here.

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Broken. She had control of that 30-40 point too. That awkward smash messed her up.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
3rd set :sobbing: I have to go to bed.. Ana :(

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Where'd Dexter go? I have to keep azdaja up to date with my lagging ESPN stream? :sobbing:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Sven came on court btw. Hopefully he calmed her down.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ana finally held for 1-0

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM
1-0*

She saved 3 breakpoints. She played very well down breakpoints, calm and only did what she needed to do.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I can update the scores but i'm only following the scoreboard :awww:

Ana with the early break. 2-0

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:46 PM
*2-0

Ana played good tennis there. A great forehand return, and a dropshot winner in that game. :yeah:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
15-0... Long forehand after a great rally
15-15... Bammer's forehand clipped the baseline, Ana mistimed her shot
15-30... Forehand netted
15-40... Backhand into the net
Another forehand into the net. :o Broken, 2-1*

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
My updates are probably a little bit behind, but I can't help it, and Dexter left. :sobbing:

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
And now my scoreboard wont work :sobbing:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
15-0.... Great forehand from Bammer for a winner
30-0... Ana's forehand long by mm
40-0... Forehand return wide
Good return wasted, backhand long. *2-2

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ana holds for 3-2

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
15-0... Strong point finished by a smash, Sven trying to pump her up from the stands
15-15... Forehand netted
30-15... Good serve draws the error
40-15... Another great serve
Ana turns defense into offense, helped by a netcord, 3-2*

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ana breaks :)

Now hold!

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM
0-15... Great angled forehand return for a winner
15-15... Forehand long again
15-30... Sybille's forehand sails wide
30-30... Amazing second serve from Sybille got the error
30-40... Backhand long
Game Ana, she stops a long point to point out Sybille's ball was wide. *4-2

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Ana holds for 5-2 after saving 2 bps.

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
0-15... Great slipping and sliding defense from Ana, but Sybille knocks off the volley
15-15... Forehand wide
15-30... CC forehand wide
15-40... Forehand long, Ana got a little frustrated
30-40... Forehand long. Sybille doesn't believe it, but it's confirmed
40-40... Ana deals with a netcord return with a clever DTL backhand slice, Sybille cracks, forehand wide
Ad. Ana... Tentative forehand into the middle of the net
40-40... Great defense from Sybille, Ana's backhand sails
Ad. Ana... Emphatic forehand winner
Great backhand sets up the forehand winner, 5-2*

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Serving for the match 5-3 15-30

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
15-0... Ana's forehand goes long
30-0... Ana's backhand passing shot clips the net after chasing down some balls
40-0... Ana recovers from a great T serve from Bammer, but ultimately nets the backhand
Backhand netted, *5-3. Ajde!!

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Broken :o

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
15-0... Great drop volley, then she knocks the backhand volley into the open court
15-15... Solid, aggressive tennis by Sybille, finished with a forehand into the open court
15-30... Inside-out forehand wide
30-30... Forehand long, Ana AJDE'ed!! as she was bent over sliding :lol:
30-40... Her first serve was overruled out, double fault after that
40-40... Huge serve down the T
Ad. Sybille... Horrendous inside-out forehand that was close to bouncing before it got to the net :help:
Backhand wide, 5-4*

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Ana wins 7-5 4-6 6-4

A bit too close for my liking :o

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
0-15... Great point dominated by her forehand
15-15... Smash winner. Stats show Ana is 13/16 at net
15-30... Ana stops the point to show Sybille's shot was long
30-30... Forehand long
40-30... Backhand into the net. 46 errors apparently
40-40... Ana's huge shots overcome Sybille's defense
Ad. Bammer... Wonderful point, Ana finally cracks. She's getting pissed now.
40-40... Tentative forehand netted
Ad. Ana... Great point, Ana showed a lot of patience
GSM! Huge backhand paints the line.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Please play better tomorrow :sobbing:

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/PSALT_alreadytaken/Untitled-17.jpg

dybbuk
May 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
She won less points than Bammer. :lol:

There was also a man and a little girl in Ana's box I've never seen before.

azdaja
May 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
statistics not looking good :(

thanks for the updates everyone :wavey: this way everyone can also relive the drama even long after a match is finished.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM
OMG! When I left this match, it was 2-2 all in the second and Ana seemed to finding her range/form. Can anyone summarize what led to a three set thriller? Did overcooked forehands continue to plague her game, or was Bammer simply defending really well and forcing errors?

Dexter
May 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry I had problems at 4 all in the 2nd set and short after I had to leave... Talk about winning ugly, but a win is a win.
The bad thing is that the only QF which ES is not going to show tomorrow is Agnes vs Ana. :(

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Sorry I had problems at 4 all in the 2nd set and short after I had to leave... Talk about winning ugly, but a win is a win.
The bad thing is that the only QF which ES is not going to show tomorrow is Agnes vs Ana. :(

That's too bad. I believe ESPN360 is showing all four, so I'll make sure to provide updates on how she is playing.

Looking to tomorrow's match, it could be very difficult. Szavay has been finding form lately, and clay is her strongest surface. Ana will need to raise her level greatly, and, based on today's match, her level can only go up. I think she'll pull through, although I've seriously underestimated (so far) the effect of her nerves as the defending champion.

DownTheLine21
May 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
From the WTA Main Page:

"I went into this match expecting that it might be tough because of the match we played before," said Ivanovic, who fell to Bammer in the pair's only previous meeting, at Indian Wells last year. "It wasn't easy but I'm happy I managed to get through it despite the mistakes I made. Especially in the second and third sets where I was a break up, I let my intensity down and Sybille managed to come back. It's one of these matches that are good for your confidence."

SOA_MC
May 9th, 2008, 01:24 AM
1. A.Bondarenko vs Azarenka
2. Safina vs S.Williams
3. Dementieva vs Jankovic
4. Szavay vs Ivanovic

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 9th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Is IvanovicFan!!! sitting with a group of people that are holding a Serbian flag (with pictures of Ana, Nole, etc. on it)?

Nope. The most time I'm sitting at the opposite side.
Today I was sitting right behind Sven, so I guessed you've seen me.
I actually heard I was on tv at least once.
I haven't seen anything on tv so I'm curious.
Did they ever show in the stadium:

Ana
The Future Number 1
AJDE!!!!

and

There's only
one Maria
Maria Kirilenko

In the 2nd I thought Ana could not lose. But the she lost it and wasted a break in the 3rd.
Then failed at serving for the match.
Tomorrow it certainy has to be better.

jonnyroyale_13
May 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM
15-0... Strong point finished by a smash, Sven trying to pump her up from the stands
15-15... Forehand netted
30-15... Good serve draws the error
40-15... Another great serve
Ana turns defense into offense, helped by a netcord, 3-2*

:tape: :o

Cant wait to watch these matches someday, thanks for play by play.

Ajde Ana!!:rocker2:

Princeza
May 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Good luck baby girl! Ajde!

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
For Ana's sake I hope her match is moved to another court. It's almost 6pm and Lena vs Jelena looks like they're heading into 3rd set. Ana vs Agnes might not end today if they don't change the schedule.

DownTheLine21
May 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
For Ana's sake I hope her match is moved to another court. It's almost 6pm and Lena vs Jelena looks like they're heading into 3rd set. Ana vs Agnes might not end today if they don't change the schedule.

That would make sense, but I doubt that it will happen. Hopefully Dementieva can come back and wrap up this match in two sets.

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Jelena just broke again for *5-2... So 3rd set is almost inevitable.Unless Ana vs Agnes finishes in two quick sets, the winner of it will have to play twice tomorrow. :(

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
36 62 as expected...
Please let Ana play even on court #17. :o

DownTheLine21
May 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm thinking that Ana's match will most likely begin in 45 minutes or so, which means that they'll have about an hour and a half to play. Hopefully she can come out strong and win easily.

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
They can play until 20.15 I'd say. It's 18.11 atm.

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Just checking yesterday's posts and the match ended around 8.30. Anyway, I think both Agnes & Ana might feel added pressure that they have to win in 2 sets. :(

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Janković just wasted multiple BPs to go up *2-1... I hate her for that. :devil: This match won't end before 7pm.

DownTheLine21
May 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
LOL! These girls are wasting so many GP/BPs. This match may not be done for a while.

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
2 all.
And what is more annoying each rally is so long, that it takes 10 minutes to complete a game! :smash:
ES is leaving Berlin now... too bad.

DownTheLine21
May 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
2-2 after 30 minutes. :help:

Dexter
May 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Lena breaks for *4-2. As much as I prefer Jelena to win, I want this match to be over asap. :o