PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Evie?

TS
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:06 AM
Im surprised Evie hasnt played the 2 Cali events (San Diego and Los Angeles)...I think she couldve gone into qualifying for both but she didnt...unless she is in LA and I didnt see it :o (qualy draw not released)

She has some points to defend at both (reached 2nd round in both last year) and her rank will slip a little I think, so Im surprised she didnt play these :(

Hopefully she has a good US season cos she also has some points coming off in Canada (not many) and at the US Open...so her ranking could suffer a little...I just hope she knows what she is doing ;)

Good luck Evie :)

nitocris_tiger
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Yeah it seems Evie's taking a break at the minute.

The reason why I'm so confident saying that is because if you wanna check out a website showing every Evie match go here:
http://www20.brinkster.com/lolland/wta.asp?p1=480&p2=2002
It lists every match including Challengers and is up to date. I didn't realise until a few weeks ago that Evie made the SF at a grass court tournament in Japan in May.

Surely she will be at the Canadian Open this week??

Craig

TS
Aug 6th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Hey Craig,

yeah she played two Japanese $50,000 Challengers, in Gifu and Fukuoka...reaching the SF in one and the QF in the other...she really should have at least reached one final there, but oh well.

I wouldnt be surprised to see her playing some more high level challengers in the near future, to help get her ranking back inside 100. Anyway, Hopefully she is playing in Canada!

By the way, I think Evie's run of getting direct acceptance into the main draw of Grand Slams is over, as she will most likely have to qualify for the US Open :( Who knows, maybe the extra matches will do her good?

Cheers,
Terry

nitocris_tiger
Aug 6th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Or we can hope for a continued run of other players dropping out!!:D

TS
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:13 AM
I wonder where Evie is??? I hope its not an injury.

She has missed San Diego, Los Angeles and now Montreal...as a result her rank will fall to around 125 :( I hope she's training like hell for the Open!!!!!!!

nitocris_tiger
Aug 14th, 2002, 09:32 AM
There was a slight suspicion of injury (ankle or foot) when she pulled out of the doubles at the Fed Cup but it didn't seem to worry her too much in the singles.

Who knows...perhaps she is just taking a break but it seems a strange time to have one just before the US Open.

:confused: