PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stosur's OWTT Blog!

Droolv
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Sam Stosur

http://www.samanthastosur.azplayers.com/pictures/Samantha-Stosur-pictures3.jpg

Nationality: AUS
Birthplace: Gold Coast, Australia
Residence: Gold Coast, Australia and Tampa, Florida
Birthdate: 30th March, 1984

Droolv
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:43 AM
My Debut Match
24/3/08

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41246000/jpg/_41246442_stosur_300.jpg

Hey guys this is my blog where I'll keep you tuned with all of my results and other stuff happening on the OWTT tour! Well as most of you know I played my first match last night on centre court. I was really nervous but once I got out there I felt fine. I was up against Elena Dementieva from Russia, who was a late entry to the draw. In the first set it was very tight with the oppening games splitting at 2 all. But I managed to break Lena and lead 5-3. But then she lifted her intensity and started playing really well and I had no answer for it. The set was so tight it went to a tie-break which I made too many unforced errors in losing it 7-2. The crowd knew I needed a boost so they cheered as hard as they could in the second set. I noticed the difference as "Aussie Aussie Aussie" "Oi Oi Oi" was chanted by the big crowd. They gave me heaps of support which lifted my game and I reeled of 6 straight games to bagel Lena 6-0. My serve was setting up points fantastically and I was trying to get into the net heaps to pressure Elena. With the match going to a final set I was pumped and ready to do well but Elena played some amazing tennis. Her forehand was nailing corners and she cut down her unforced errors by huge numbers. My backhand was struggling and I tried to pressure her with some big second serves but the risk didn't pay off as I made countless double fault. I ended up losing that set 6-3 but I took alot from that match. I learnt alot about the tour and hopefully can have a good showing in Sydney where hopefully the "Smash em Sam" army will be. Today I have my first doubles match where me and Maria play Rezai and Serena. Hopefully we can combine well as a team! I'll get you guys an update after the match.

See ya soon

Sam xoxo

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Awesome blog entry Sam. Look forward to many more this season :kiss:

Shafanovic.
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:51 AM
OMG!! I love the idea of this. Maybe I'll make one later. BTW WE WON OUR DOUBLES!

Droolv
Mar 29th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Repeat Final but Outcome the Same
30/3/08

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1236/r68533190033pm1.jpg

Hey guys! Well I can take lots of positive out of this week as Maria and I made our second doubles final together. But we were up against the top seeds (Patty and Ana) who we lost to last week. Maria and I wanted some revenge and were fired up to do our best. We went down a break and 2-4 in the first set but fought hard to rally off 3 games to lead 5-4. But unfortunately Patty and Ana got back to the form which beat us last week and reeled off 3 games to take the set 5-7. After that confidence boost Patty and Ana never looked back as they completely demolished Maria and I in the second set. Ana was setting up so many easy volleys for Patty on her first serve which really helped them as they won the set and the title 7-5 6-0. They are a really strong team and will keep the number 1 position, and will be a huge favourite for the upcoming Aussie Open. Well Maria and I are still number 2 and will hope to do our best next week. I’m really excited as I’ll be the home favourite and I’m hoping to bring my best game to Melbourne Park to put a show on for my fellow Aussie supporters. I’m going to rest up then head to Melbourne and gets some training done on the new blue courts.

See ya later,

Sam xoxo