Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
From the desert to south beach we go

Ben.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Good luck Ana :D
Back up your IW win for a good showing here :rocker:

Dexter
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Ana will be #2 seed, so she can't meet Justine until the finals, but actually I would like her to play her earlier in the tournament. The draw will be out tomorrow.

Ajde!!! :D

dybbuk
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Ajde Ana!

Also, if she loses, I know who to blame.

The Daviator
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
:lol:

Ok, good luck Ana!

Nikkiri
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ajde Ana!

Also, if she loses, I know who to blame.

:haha:

Show everyone you can play well in back to back tournaments, ajde Ana :banana:

Natalicious
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
ajde ana :banana:

babuska6
Mar 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Ajde Ana! She is one of the biggest favorits,Justine is not in best form this year so i hope ana can take a title also from miami :D

Princeza
Mar 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Go baby girl !

Dexter
Mar 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Unofficialy Ana might face Lindsay in the 4th round (God, I hope it's true!), possible QF against Daniela, SF against Jelena or Anna. Sisters, Justine, Swieta all in the top half.

dybbuk
Mar 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Ana-Lindsay. Please let it happen. :sobbing:

Great draw though. She is more than capable of beating anyone there. :yeah:

SOA_MC
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Unofficialy Ana might face Lindsay in the 4th round (God, I hope it's true!), possible QF against Daniela, SF against Jelena or Anna. Sisters, Justine, Swieta all in the top half.

I was hoping Serena would be in her half so we don't have to listen to Oh Ana always gets easy draws.

dybbuk
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
1RD: Loit/Ruano Pascual
2RD: Davenport
3RD: Bammer/Safina
QF: Hantuchova
SF: Jankovic
F: Serena/Henin

Dexter
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I was afraid she would face someone tricky in the 2nd round, but she shouldn't break sweat against VRP (Loit surely is going down, she hasn't even won a match this year :o). I hope Lindsay doesn't get beaten by Pin. :tape::o

Ajde!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
WOW, Lindsay already in Round 3. That looks very tough, but I really want that Ana plays her at least once. This is really the chance.
The 2nd round looks really easy. Ruano Pascual or Loit.
Then she might take revanche on Bammer or she will lose 3 games against Garbin.
Then Daniela and SF Jelena again.

To me, the only trouble are Davenport and Hantuchova.

AJDE ANA!!!!

DownTheLine21
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I hope Lindsay has recovered from Indian Wells because I'd like to see a good match between her and Ana.

The Daviator
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Ana-Lindsay at last :hearts:

Now if she loses to Pin or Qualifier then we know FOR SURE that this match will never happen :o :lol:

Shame it's so early :sad:

SOA_MC
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay withdrew

Rod the Bama
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Ana has a pretty favorable draw. I hope that we`ll see a rematch against Dani in the quarterfinals. Hopefully Ana will do well in Miami.

~lollipop_girl~
Mar 25th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Ana-Lindsay at last :hearts:

Now if she loses to Pin or Qualifier then we know FOR SURE that this match will never happen :o :lol:

Shame it's so early :sad:
You should be glad its early that way there is more chance for it to happen... If it does happen (which I think it will) I'll just be covering my eyes and ears so I don't have to witness all you people gawking over the match up of the two of them :lol:

Don't worry about Daniela, she won't get to the QF so really Ana should make SF provided she isn't too tired, which will be the biggest factor.

The Daviator
Mar 25th, 2008, 12:59 AM
You should be glad its early that way there is more chance for it to happen... If it does happen (which I think it will) I'll just be covering my eyes and ears so I don't have to witness all you people gawking over the match up of the two of them :lol:

Don't worry about Daniela, she won't get to the QF so really Ana should make SF provided she isn't too tired, which will be the biggest factor.

But it means one of my faves will lose early :angel:

And why you dislike Linds so much? :awww: :devil:

~lollipop_girl~
Mar 25th, 2008, 01:03 AM
But it means one of my faves will lose early :angel:

And why you dislike Linds so much? :awww: :devil:
well lets just hope its Linds :angel: But yeah it is more fun when ur faves play towards the end :D

I don't really know why, I kinda think she is a nice person and I was happy for her with Jagger but I'm a Martina fan from waaaay back so I've picked up a lot of players I dislike from back in Martina's heyday :p And when Lindsay came back after having Jagger that pissed me off and then she robbed Daniela of a title which pissed me off even more :lol:
Don't worry, I wouldn't go around bashing her :hug: much :devil:

The Daviator
Mar 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
well lets just hope its Linds :angel: But yeah it is more fun when ur faves play towards the end :D

I don't really know why, I kinda think she is a nice person and I was happy for her with Jagger but I'm a Martina fan from waaaay back so I've picked up a lot of players I dislike from back in Martina's heyday :p And when Lindsay came back after having Jagger that pissed me off and then she robbed Daniela of a title which pissed me off even more :lol:
Don't worry, I wouldn't go around bashing her :hug: much :devil:

I see now :lol:

Well as long as you don't bash :hug: much :devil:

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 25th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I'm a Martina fan from waaaay back so I've picked up a lot of players I dislike from back in Martina's heyday :p

:rocker:

I forget the exact H2H, but know its in Lindsays favor. Hopefully the Ana & Martina combined record vs Lindsay will come out ahead when its all said and done.:yeah::devil:

Dexter
Mar 25th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I don't think Ana will be tired physically, especially as she raced through the final 3 matches. She has 4 free days to recover (she's gonna play on Friday, as they already announced Venus is playing on Saturday, so that means bottom half starts first). I'm more worried about being worn out mentally, that's what happened in Stuttgart and to some extent in Toronto too (she was more tired physically there though). It's tough to start all over from 0.

azdaja
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I don't think Ana will be tired physically, especially as she raced through the final 3 matches. She has 4 free days to recover (she's gonna play on Friday, as they already announced Venus is playing on Saturday, so that means bottom half starts first). I'm more worried about being worn out mentally, that's what happened in Stuttgart and to some extent in Toronto too (she was more tired physically there though). It's tough to start all over from 0.
i hope ana will be different this year :unsure: she should get used to winning titles back to back coz that's her destiny :angel:

Nikkiri
Mar 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Pretty sweet draw. Come on Ana :hug:

Monirena Wiles
Mar 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
An Ivanovic-Serena final would be a dream come true. I hope Lindsay does not play the spoiler, she can be dangerous.

cocco80
Mar 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
A little bit of trivia never hurts, right?

FREQUENT FLIERS

Nadal arrived in Miami in the wee hours Monday on a private plane from Indian Wells, Calif. Among the passengers on the plane was Ana Ivanovic, the Serbian world No. 2, who won the Indian Wells final on Saturday. Nadal lost in the semis to Novak Djokovic and decided to fly private. He had an extra seat on the plane and offered to let Ivanovic hitch a ride.

http://www.miamiherald.com/673/story/469141.html

Anyway, I wish Ana all the luck in Miami..I hope she stays focused and motivated. :)

Dexter
Mar 25th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Haha, Rafa is lusting for Ana again. :lol: Didn't he say something about her in the past? I'm pretty sure there was some story around RG last year if not in 2006. :lol:

It's nice from him though. :)

DownTheLine21
Mar 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Venus is actually playing on Friday (3/28), so Ana will have five days off.

Dexter
Mar 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Venus is actually playing on Friday (3/28), so Ana will have five days off.I've just read it too. I think they changed it, or I misunderstood it first. But that's even better for Ana, plus here ES coverage starts from Monday... hopefully with Ana vs Lindsay.

rechi
Mar 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hey i really think Ana has a good chance to win the double. But the draw itn't too easy. Will be fun to watch if Ana can make the final again and has a chance to win the double as the first player after Kim Clijsters!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM

I still remember that. She find it hard to prove herself again after winning a tournament. It all starts over.
But still you saw her fighting in Stuttgart. Let's hope her confidence is stronger than all that. I guess she's also improving on these areas. They are mostly the hard ones.

AJDE ANA!!!!

Danči Dementia
Mar 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Like Eva Mendez say in Will Smith´s video Bienvenido a Miami!!!
GOOD LUCK ANCI HERMOSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

sHE IS GREAT GREAT GREAT

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 26th, 2008, 06:20 PM
She has new outfit here I think, Sofia wrote something about it on her blog...

Rod the Bama
Mar 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I hope that Ana has a new outfit. It would be nice to see her in a new one and Miami is the perfect place for her to debut it.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hmm will it be a new design then or just another color.

~lollipop_girl~
Mar 27th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Hands off Rafa :mad: You already had your time with Makiri, you can't have both :ras:

And Nikkie, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Makiri sig from before is gone :sobbing:

Nikkiri
Mar 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hands off Rafa :mad: You already had your time with Makiri, you can't have both :ras:

And Nikkie, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Makiri sig from before is gone :sobbing:

I'll bring it back one day :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 27th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hmm will it be a new design then or just another color.

new design I think, becuase Sofia said she is wearing the same thing and Sofia doesnt wear dresses.

Cp6uja
Mar 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I realy hate Ana's draw here. Lindsay like 2nd opponent is worst possible scenario. Ana always have big problems to play week or two after victory. Berlin-RG last season is not exception b/c she after Berlin withdraw from Rome, not playing next week Strasbourg/Istanbul and have easy draw at RG 1st week. So between Kuznetsova in Berlin final and next seriously opponent (Medina RG 4R) she have more than 20 days pause and here between Sveta and Lindsay she have less than 10.

It's nothing with her fitness - it's connected with her emotions... but maybe is perfect time for her to learn how to handled with this "overexciting" problem.

~lollipop_girl~
Mar 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'll bring it back one day :p
:secret: Or you could just send me the orginal pic (coz I've been a very very lazy Makiri fan for about a year now :o) :angel:

Nikkiri
Mar 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
:secret: Or you could just send me the orginal pic (coz I've been a very very lazy Makiri fan for about a year now :o) :angel:

:secret: http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12706995&postcount=2334

Also stop being a lazy fan :ras: she needs the support :hug:

~lollipop_girl~
Mar 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM
:secret: http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12706995&postcount=2334

Also stop being a lazy fan :ras: she needs the support :hug:
Thank you :hug:

She knows I love her :angel:
If i stop being lazy with her then that means I have to stop being lazy with Tati (even though she isn't doing much :sad: ) which would mean 5 player forums i am visiting regularly and man can those Tati fans talk :inlove: :p

Nikkiri
Mar 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Thank you :hug:

She knows I love her :angel:
If i stop being lazy with her then that means I have to stop being lazy with Tati (even though she isn't doing much :sad: ) which would mean 5 player forums i am visiting regularly and man can those Tati fans talk :inlove: :p

Makiri, Ana and Tati my 3 girls :banana: :lol:

tedlesurfeur
Mar 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I realy hate Ana's draw here. Lindsay like 2nd opponent is worst possible scenario. Ana always have big problems to play week or two after victory. Berlin-RG last season is not exception b/c she after Berlin withdraw from Rome, not playing next week Strasbourg/Istanbul and have easy draw at RG 1st week. So between Kuznetsova in Berlin final and next seriously opponent (Medina RG 4R) she have more than 20 days pause and here between Sveta and Lindsay she have less than 10.

It's nothing with her fitness - it's connected with her emotions... but maybe is perfect time for her to learn how to handled with this "overexciting" problem.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Ana anymore.. She might have overcome this issue of playing bad after tournament success.

Moreover, I'm not sure about Lindsay being so fit, I mean, she gets to the QF in Indian Wells because there's no one to stop her. We're talking about Ana here, one of the terrors of the tour. Lindsay is no threat, unless Ana gets scared.

I expect my tribes to help me promote my game --> http://iqtr.niceboard.net/index.htm :bounce:

lilimi
Mar 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
She has new outfit here I think, Sofia wrote something about it on her blog...
:wavey:could you give me the link to the blog, please?
i'm not sure Ana will have a new dress...she'll probably wear her dress till French Open.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 27th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Ana plays Loit.
Let's hope for the same result as RG.

AJDE ANA!!!!:bounce:

Dexter
Mar 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
It's Loit first win of 2008, hopefully she doesn't go on a roll. :tape: I want ajdenation.

azdaja
Mar 28th, 2008, 10:09 AM
ana winning the sportmanship award is really special this year because of all the hate she was getting on wtaworld (and some other places) :banana:

DownTheLine21
Mar 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
ana winning the sportmanship award is really special this year because of all the hate she was getting on wtaworld (and some other places) :banana:

I agree. I think she deserved both of the awards, although I can see how some felt that she was already too highly-ranked and such to be "Most Improved." Nonetheless, she reached another level in 2007 and left most of her generation back in the Top 20.

azdaja
Mar 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I agree. I think she deserved both of the awards, although I can see how some felt that she was already too highly-ranked and such to be "Most Improved." Nonetheless, she reached another level in 2007 and left most of her generation back in the Top 20.
i agree entirely. the most improved player award should not be simply about rankings and we all know how ana was exactly a year ago and why she has no points to defend in miami :o in fact, i think she deserves this award now more than ever because becoming a top 3 player after spending something like 2 seasons in the top 20 required huge improvements in many aspects of her game and she has made those improvements.

Dexter
Mar 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Of course she deserved 'most improved players' award. I think the only contest was between her and Bartoli... or maybe Bammer. But there's no real competition. The only 'disadvantage' she had was that she's already won it before. But it's not said these awards can't be given out multiple times to the same players. Sportmanship Award is more precious though as it's voted by the players. :)

Milito22
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
good luck Anita! http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4673/kiffer3md5.gif

Dexter
Mar 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Novak lost in his opener. :tape: I'm pissing my pants for tomorrow. :o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Djokovic won Montreal.
Ana won LA.

Next week:

Djokovic lost in first match
Ana lost in first match

Ana and Djokovic win Indian Wells.

Djokovic lost already now :help:

Ana, don't look at the results!

DownTheLine21
Mar 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Djokovic won Montreal.
Ana won LA.

Next week:

Ana lost in first match

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I hope she's grown out of that old "habit."

dybbuk
Mar 28th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Stadium: 11:00 AM Start
1. Men's Singles: 2nd Round
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) [12] vs. Jurgen Melzer (AUT)

Not Before 1:00 PM Draw
2. Women's Singles: 2nd Round
Lindsay Davenport (USA) [32] vs. Camille Pin (FRA)

3. Men's Singles: 2nd Round
Viktor Troicki (SRB) Q vs. Andy Roddick (USA) [6]

4. Women's Singles: 2nd Round
Emilie Loit (FRA) vs. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) [2]

Ajde! Coverage starts tommorow, so between FSN and TTC I should be able to see it (And I imagine it will be uploaded).

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:01 AM

Ajde! Coverage starts tommorow, so between FSN and TTC I should be able to see it (And I imagine it will be uploaded).

Despite the FSN and TTC coverage, I actually think that we'll miss it in the 4-hour block between coverage periods. Perhaps the ATP Live Feed will show it?

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Despite the FSN and TTC coverage, I actually think that we'll miss it in the 4-hour block between coverage periods. Perhaps the ATP Live Feed will show it?

:( They better show it. I need to watch her opening matches with my own eyes to make sure she isn't going to follow her usual patterns. :o

Although, technically, the last time she won a Tier I, she followed it up with a Slam final. :angel:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM
:( They better show it. I need to watch her opening matches with my own eyes to make sure she isn't going to follow her usual patterns. :o

Although, technically, the last time she won a Tier I, she followed it up with a Slam final. :angel:

I hope that we're able to see it, but I'm guessing that the Davenport and Roddick matches will take up the FSN coverage block, leaving Ana's match untelevised. However, I'm still holding out hope that the ATP tournament feed will show it. I think that full coverage rights should have been given to TTC. They would have shown every single match.

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Update: Those with the ATP Tournament feed will be able to see all of the WTA matches on Stadium Court.

SOA_MC
Mar 29th, 2008, 01:00 AM

Fourth match means it's going to be on at 4 O'Clock in the morning here:(

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I heard they record all matches to DVD for the players benefit; maybe someday Ana's site can release or even sell some of them, like the early round LosAngeles from last year.:drool: We're pretty fortunate to see over half her matches though one method or another via downloads or streams. Hopefully a stream tonight.:angel:
Ajde Ana!!!!! Ive never seen Loit before.

azdaja
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Djokovic won Montreal.
Ana won LA.

Next week:

Ana lost in first match

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I hope she's grown out of that old "habit."
let's not be superstitious! nole may have lost, but ana is gonna win. ajde!

dulkogii
Mar 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM
come on ana!

cocco80
Mar 29th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ana, you can do it.
Break that Nole pattern.

Albop
Mar 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
who cares about fakervic??

ajde ana :rocker2:

cocco80
Mar 29th, 2008, 05:10 PM
who cares about fakervic??

ajde ana :rocker2:

His last name is Djokovic.
Remember that next time.

The Daviator
Mar 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
If Ana gets past Loit (:scared:) she will play Lindsay! :D

She was in the crowd during Lindsay's match :hehehe:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
How did you watch, any livestream?

The Daviator
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:16 PM

No I couldn't find any, CHeO!!111 posted a pic in one of his threads :lol:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
No I couldn't find any, CHeO!!111 posted a pic in one of his threads :lol:Ohh MyYYY GGGoOODddddddddDDD!!!!!!!111 :hearts:

The Daviator
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Livestream and television coverage exists only for those in the U.S.

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
*dead* at the Lindsay visor avatar :sobbing:

The Daviator
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:40 PM
*dead* at the Lindsay visor avatar :sobbing:

OMG!!111 It's In MY aVAtar!!111 Can YOU BelIEVE it!!111 :hearts: :hearts:

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Ana on court. So is Ernests. :unsure: Ajde!

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
From my retardoboard it seems 2 matches are taking place on the stadium simulataneously... Ana vs Emilie & doubles match involving Caro/Akgul & Anabel/Vivi. :weirdo: One minute I can see singles match the other doubles one. :rolleyes:

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM
*2-0

Only 1 points lost so far. Keep going Ana. :D

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM
From my retardoboard it seems 2 matches are taking place on the stadium simulataneously... Ana vs Emilie & doubles match involving Caro/Akgul & Anabel/Vivi. :weirdo: One minute I can see singles match the other doubles one. :rolleyes:

The Caro/Akgul pairing is funny too. :tape: DTL was right, btw, Ana's match is right inbetween when FSN's coverage stops, and TTC's starts. I don't get to see. :bigcry:

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
4-1*

:smoke:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM

She's currently destroying Loit. She looks determined to pull off the double. The strokes are very fluid, and the serve has lost none of its IW power.

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Ana takes the first set 6-1. Considering the level that she was playing at, I'm actually surprised that Loit managed to win a game.

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
6-1

Ana :banana: She's now handed Loit 3 consecutive breadsticks. :smoke:

3-0* to Ernie :hearts:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Ana won 1st set 6-1. :banana: 100% of 1st serve points won. :D

This SB pisses me off sooo much. :mad:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM
She's currently destroying Loit. She looks determined to pull off the double. The strokes are very fluid, and the serve has lost none of its IW power.

Ana takes the first set 6-1. Considering the level that she was playing at, I'm actually surprised that Loit managed to win a game.Thanks for the updates! :D
Indeed Ana should've won that one game she lost. She had a 0-30 and 2nd serve advantage. :lol: Oh well, I just want a win, the scoreline doesn't matter.

Early break in the 2nd set. *1-0! :D

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I was too cheap to buy a pass so I don't get to see Ana handing out a beatdown. :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I was too cheap to buy a pass so I don't get to see Ana handing out a beatdown. :sobbing:

Considering the shoddy television coverage in the U.S., I figured that this was probably the only way to see Ana play (aside from the final, should she make it).

BTW: Some beautiful backhand winners.

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
2-0! :yeah:
The SB showed 0-30 after a DF and then it went to 15-15. Did Ana challenge and was successful? :p

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM
2-0! :yeah:
The SB showed 0-30 after a DF and then it went to 15-15. Did Ana challenge and was successful? :p

Yes.

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Loit holds by raising her level. Ana didn't really make any mistakes.

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Good on her. :) However I wish Ana keeps her nose in front all the time in this set. :angel:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Love game - 3-1*. :hearts:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Love game - 3-1*. :hearts:

Yeah. It was very quick service game that consisted of four unreturnable first serves.

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM
6-1 3-1*

Very nice start. Anci's showing Nole how it's done. :lol:

Seriously, if none of you are Ernests fans, you might consider it. He's like the male Ana. :tape: Big serve, big groundstrokes, and manages to f*ck his service games up so often. :tape:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
LOL! Loit is consistently hitting to the Ivanovic forehand for some reason. Does she have a game plan?

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
*4-1. Excellent! :banana:

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Ana saw Lindsay play and is intent on outdoing her. :lol:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:01 PM
6-1 3-1*

Very nice start. Anci's showing Nole how it's done. :lol:

Seriously, if none of you are Ernests fans, you might consider it. He's like the male Ana. :tape: Big serve, big groundstrokes, and manages to f*ck his service games up so often. :tape:I'm a fan of Davydenko's opponents. :devil: Unless he plays Murray. :tape::o

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
This is sort of embarrassing for Loit. I don't think she has any idea what to do out there. She's being outclassed in every game (even the ones she's won).

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Ace #4 to extend the lead to 5-1. :D

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM
LOL! I wanted the double breadstick, but Loit held somehow.

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
61 62 victory! :D

dybbuk
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Ana :kiss: Well done, girlie. Not sure who to cheer for next. :sobbing:

Lovely, they fixed the scoreboard when the match was basically over. :lol: :tape:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Too easy. This was basically a continuation of her great form at IW last week.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Great win Ana!! Good to hear that she's playing well. It seems that her serve is great again.

Now finally against Lindsay.
Now for sure she has the better movement!

AJDE ANA!!!!

Ben.
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Nice win there from Ana :yeah: now take down mamaport :armed:

Rod the Bama
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Excellent performance from Ana today. :clap2: She looked very sharp from start to finish. Now Lindsay is up next. Hopefully Ana can put together another performance against her.

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
As much as like Lindsay (and would be rooting for her against practically anyone else), I really think that Ana is going to win the match in two sets. Like most have already cited, her movement will be the difference. Lindsay may be able to stay competitive if her serve is on fire, but Ana is also serving well.

The Daviator
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm a fan of Davydenko's opponents. :devil: Unless he plays Murray. :tape::o

He's losing to Ancic :devil:

Basically if Lindsay is wearing her visor, Ana may aswell stay at HOME! :dance:

Love both so much, wish this was the final :awww:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I wish it was at least a QF/SF, but oh well I'm not b&tching since it's really my dream match-up I've always wanted to happen. Now I'm praying ES is going to show it on Monday. :scared:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Ugh, all 3rd round matches to be played tomorrow. :shrug:

DownTheLine21
Mar 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Ugh, all 3rd round matches to be played tomorrow. :shrug:

Yeah. It would be better to spread it out over two days. I'm surprised that Henin and Venus matches are not on Stadium or Grandstand. And why the hell does Chakvetadze have the night match??

SOA_MC
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:29 AM
The dream of the IW/Miami double has begun, You guys forgot to metion Ana had 0 double faults as well. Her serve is on:drool:

ROCK ON IN MIAMI ANA:rocker2:

Milito22
Mar 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Adje! :rocker2:

SOA_MC
Mar 30th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Ana v Lindsay 3rd match

Women's Singles: 3rd Round
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) [3] vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) [25]

Not Before 1:00 PM
2. Men's Singles: 3rd Round
Fabrice Santoro (FRA) vs. James Blake (USA) [9]

3. Women's Singles: 3rd Round
Lindsay Davenport (USA) [32] vs. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) [2]

4. Men's Singles: 3rd Round
Nicolas Kiefer (GER) vs. Rafael Nadal (ESP) [2]

azdaja
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
i told you you have no reason to worry :banana: after her win in montreal i was sure that was not a sign of change. after her win in berlin i was sure that something did change in her, though, and some of her losses later last year didn't bother me much. she is not the player she used to be and she can perform well at more than 1 tournament in a row.

the match against lindsay should be interesting.

Nikkiri
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Ajde Ana, good to see to her playing well, serve looks good. Keep it going :banana:

Mar 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have her post match interview

doni1212
Mar 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM
It wasn't long at all.

A. IVANOVIC/E. Loit

6‑1, 6‑2

An interview with:

ANA IVANOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you talk about your next game against Davenport?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. It's going to be a very tough match. Growing up I saw her winning in Grand Slams and she's such a great player and great champion, So I expect a very tough match tomorrow.
I admire her what she achieved, and also coming back and winning tournaments. So that's great. I just have to still be focused. I have a great tournament behind me, and I'm playing well at the moment.
So in tomorrow's match I have to approach it as if it's a final and try to play like that.

Q. It's going to be tomorrow, right?
ANA IVANOVIC: Tomorrow, yes.

Q. Do you feel like you're still keeping up momentum from, obviously you won Indian Wells, or do you feel like this is a brand‑new ground, brand‑new tournament?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's like a new tournament. I had few times a few days off. Obviously, the time difference is a little bit hard. So you need some time to adjust as well.
But it's completely different feeling here. The balls are different, the courts, the wind. It's humid; there it was really dry. So I really approach it like a new tournament.
I want to focus on each match separately, and try to keep the level up.

Milito22
Mar 30th, 2008, 06:50 PM
thanks Doni :D

cocco80
Mar 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
It wasn't long at all.

A. IVANOVIC/E. Loit

6‑1, 6‑2

An interview with:

ANA IVANOVIC

Q. Can you talk about your next game against Davenport?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely. It's going to be a very tough match. Growing up I saw her winning in Grand Slams and she's such a great player and great champion, So I expect a very tough match tomorrow.
I admire her what she achieved, and also coming back and winning tournaments. So that's great. I just have to still be focused. I have a great tournament behind me, and I'm playing well at the moment.
So in tomorrow's match I have to approach it as if it's a final and try to play like that.

Q. It's going to be tomorrow, right?
ANA IVANOVIC: Tomorrow, yes.

Q. Do you feel like you're still keeping up momentum from, obviously you won Indian Wells, or do you feel like this is a brand‑new ground, brand‑new tournament?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's like a new tournament. I had few times a few days off. Obviously, the time difference is a little bit hard. So you need some time to adjust as well.
But it's completely different feeling here. The balls are different, the courts, the wind. It's humid; there it was really dry. So I really approach it like a new tournament.
I want to focus on each match separately, and try to keep the level up.

Just not imagine like it's a GS final Ana, pleaseeeee...:lol:

GOOD LUCK ANCI !!

you can do it.

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
:help:

Ana is looking like a club player against Davenport at the moment. She looks sluggish and tight. Wake up soon!

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ana lost 1st set 4-6. :(
I guess she started really nervous... The serve has let her down. She fought back, as it could've been even a bagel set for Lindsay, but it was too late. She needs to start the 2nd serve better.

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ana lost 1st set 4-6. :(
I guess she started really nervous... The serve has let her down. She fought back, as it could've been even a bagel set for Lindsay, but it was too late. She needs to start the 2nd serve better.

Even when she was fighting back, I never got the sense that she was going to pull through. Nothing was working, and too many shots were netted or overhit.

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Already broken in the 2nd set. :sobbing:

Nikkiri
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Oh god :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Already broken in the 2nd set. :sobbing:

I don't know about this one. It's still early in the set, but I see no indication that she's thinking out there.

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:58 PM
46 *0-2. She needs a AO SF-like comeback to pull this one off. :(

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM
BP saved. She's fighting, I hope!

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM
0-3*. Her serve stats look embarrassing. :help:

Nikkiri
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Don't think we're gonna see a comeback with this one sadly :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
0-3*. Her serve stats look embarrassing. :help:

I can vouch that they're just as embarrassing on the television screen. The main difference is that she can't play any rallies. Every shot is basically going into the net.

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM
One of the breaks recovered. AJDE!!!

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
She needs first serves badly!

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
And got broken from 30-0 up... Pathetic.

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Pathetic serving.

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
36 *1-5... Just try to make this scoreline a bit more respectful. :tape:

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM
0-15... nope, it's gonna be a breadstick.

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Where was this hold when she had the momentum after that break????????

Dexter
She held somehow, despite a DF. :o

DownTheLine21
She's going to very upset with herself after this match.

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
GSM Davenport 64 62. Oh well...
Huge disappointment, but at least it's not as if she lost to Bondarenko or Yan. :o

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Memo for those who are lucky not to have gone there yet. Stay away from GM, will save you lots of nerves. :tape:

Hibernation time for me, bye bye tennis for a couple of weeks. :wavey:

Rod the Bama
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Well so much for the Indian Wells/Miami double. Ana really was outplayed by Lindsay. She looked good at times, but couldn`t captialize on her opportunities and didn`t have an answer for Lindsay`s great returns. Plus her confidence gradually disappeared as the match went on. So it`s a disapointing end for Ana in Miami. :sad: At least she didn`t go out early like Nole. Hopefully she`ll take a break and come back strong for clay court season.

The Daviator
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Ana :hug: This was a tough one, I swear if Lindsay loses to Jankovic :mad: :mad: :mad:

She's gonna rock on the clay, and no Lindsay to worry about :tape:

dybbuk
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Sooo...... the positives, she never gave up at least. It wasn't that bad of a match, really. Ana made some errors that got her down early in the first, but she never went :crazy: (Unlike Yan, etc). 4 and 2 is harsh, but Lindsay honestly did play the best match of her comeback. This wasn't the old mother who played Pin, it was the closest thing to channeling the old Lindsay so far in her comeback. Ana shouldn't be ashamed of losing. However, Ana made some silly errors that got her down early, secondly, Ana really struggles in her first matches against good players. It takes her too long to figure out how to beat them. Whether this is down to poor scouting or gameplans, I don't know.

Too bad though. I expect good things on the dirt. :hug:

Dexter
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Schnyder almost got doublebagelled and Danka lost to Sugiyama. :haha: Serena is 67 03 down against Flavia. What a crazy day of tennis. :lol:

-NAJ-
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:42 PM
OMG.
Ana :hug:

bad day or what. I did not see the match but i can't belive 4-6 2-6 .

Fidello
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Memo for those who are lucky not to have gone there yet. Stay away from GM, will save you lots of nerves. :tape:

Hibernation time for me, bye bye tennis for a couple of weeks. :wavey:Damn, and I just got unbanned. :)

elise1986
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:53 PM
awww :hug: i feel sorry for her

DownTheLine21
Mar 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
This was a rough loss, but it's the best that Davenport has looked during her comeback. Oddly, though, Ana seemed extremely nervous and almost afraid of Davenport. I'm sure that she'll get her if they play again. When you give a performance this poor, one can only go up next time.

Milito22
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:08 AM
Anita :hug::sad:

DownTheLine21
Mar 31st, 2008, 01:24 AM
ANA IVANOVIC

Q. You had never played Lindsay before. Was that a factor in what happened today? Did she do things that surprised you?
ANA IVANOVIC: It was a little bit. Obviously, first time you play against someone you try to, you know, get to know them and try to get rhythm in the beginning.
But against her you just don't get it. She was playing extremely well. She had always the first hit on her ball. It was kind of disappointing for me.
I had chances in the beginning and didn't use them. Just my intensity wasn't up there today. When you play against such a champion, you need to be on the ball for each point.

Q. Her service returns are so good. Does that affect you? Make you serve a little closer to the line? Take more risks?
ANA IVANOVIC: It does. I must say I haven't played against many players who can return so well and so deep, so she puts a lot of pressure on my serve. So then I try to go for a little bit more. Try to put more first serves in. Try to roll it a little bit more so I have to take off the speed.
That's, obviously, what she wants and I don't want. But it was the case today. Yeah, she just played better.

Q. What about your fatigue after Indian Wells? Is that still a factor?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, honestly, it's a little bit hard, you know, to start from the first round and bring the intensity back. I started with my intensity a little bit today. But, you know, she's just a great player. Today on the court she was the better one. You know, she deserved to win.
My service wasn't going so well, and I had quite a few unforced errors. Yeah, like I said, she was the better player today, and I hope we get a chance to play again.

Q. Does it give you an appreciation of how difficult it is for the really tennis players like Federer, say, to do it back‑to‑back, given your experience in the last week?
ANA IVANOVIC: It is. It is. I start admiring them more and more for that. Because, obviously, it's not easy, and they most of the time do it week after week.
It's also important to make a smart scheduling and don't play too many tournaments in a row, because you just can't keep the level through many weeks. So that's something, you know, I'm experiencing for one of the first times. Definitely I learn from this, and it was a good achievement still.
You know, I was pretty happy with last week. And this week, like I said, she was the better player today.

Q. When you say you'll learn, you'll take a couple more days off or something like that?
ANA IVANOVIC: Well, obviously, it was hard. Because this is a big tournament, and we had also lot of commitments to do. A lot of things off the court, and that it takes energy sometimes.
So just trying to balance everything, and still, you know, to get good practice in. Conditions are a lot different. Yeah, but, it's just we have to, as professional athletes, try to adjust the best we can from week after week.

Q. You say you're still learning, but yet you're already No. 2 in the world. What do you feel it says about your potential that you're still learning, but you're already ranked so high?
ANA IVANOVIC: That's something that I'm really happy, because I have feeling that I can learn still so many new things. Every day, you know, I feel I'm learning something new. That gives me great motivation.
Because like you said, I already achieved a lot, but still I feel there is room for improvement. And that gives me a lot of satisfaction and motivation, and that's everything you want to have.

Q. So there is nothing but to look forward to the clay season now. Do you have to do some particular off‑court work to strengthen your body for the clay season before you go out there and start playing?
ANA IVANOVIC: Obviously, on the clay the matches are a little bit longer, so, you know, you've got to match more longer rallies. But my fitness coach has done a great job. I believe in his work and what he does with my fitness, so I have to keep working hard.
I have a big clay court season coming up, and I'm looking forward to it. But now I'll have some time off to rest and to recover and start working again.

Q. What will be your clay court schedule?
ANA IVANOVIC: The first tournament is Berlin. Obviously, I have Fed Cup at the end of April, and then the first tournament will be Berlin, Rome, and then French Open.

Q. How about the ankle? It's still tight, isn't it?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's just prevention. I haven't had any pain for a few weeks now, so I was really happy to be recovered so fast.

Q. About the clay court season, last year you obviously made your big breakthrough on the clay court season, but yet you're typically a power player. Did it surprise you that you made kind of your big break on clay?
ANA IVANOVIC: What I felt was the big break, I managed to be very patient, which took some time. But playing on clay, obviously, you have to maybe win points more than once, you know, during the rallies. So that's something I have to learn from last year to keep it going this year. Just, yeah, be patient, and still work hard for each point.

Q. It's been quite a similar story with you and Novak in the last ten days at Indian Wells. Then quite a few commitments and having to back it up here. Have you talked at all about it? Did you talk to each other following Indian Wells or in the week leading up to this?
ANA IVANOVIC: No, no, we haven't had chance to talk about it. We're both very busy. But I understand also for him, it was, obviously very disappointing to lose. You know, he's defending champion. But just he's also very young, and he's also learning.
You have to come back here and perform well and play, you know, really good tennis from the first chance. And opponents are very motivated to beat you and to perform better because they have nothing to lose, and they just play some great tennis.
Obviously, it's tougher for the top players. But, hey, that's why they are the top players.

Q. For Dutch tennis magazine, what can you tell me about your partnership with Sven Groenefeld, because you're always so positive about him?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, he's helped me a lot. He gave me great support, and I'm so lucky and happy to have him on my side and to be working with him. Because since last year when I started spending more time with him on the court, I felt I improved a lot. He's very experienced, and he gave me a lot of advices.
He's been with the players before that won a Grand Slam and that won a big tournament, so that's definitely something I can learn from him. And I'm looking forward to see him again to work.

Q. But isn't it strange for you that maybe Sven is also involved with other players? He's not just coaching you, but he's coaching maybe your competitors in a way, you know?
ANA IVANOVIC: It is. It's obviously hard. But you have to have trust. I definitely have good communication with him and I trust him a lot, and it's not easy, as you said. It's not easy when I have to play another adidas player, because he obviously cannot advise me how to beat them. He can't sit in the box or he can't be there to support me, although we practice before.
So it is a little bit tough, you know, especially, for example, last year when I played against Justine in the final of French. It was such a big moment for me, and yet he couldn't be there.
It's tough, but that's the way it has to be. We just have to get the positives.

Q. Did you talk with Sven after the final at Roland Garros about what happened?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah. I mean, we spoke a lot. It was my nerves. You know, I couldn't really serve. We went over the match, we spoke about it, and I learned.

Q. But you don't feel that maybe you need like someone with you all the time? Someone who can coach you in every match? Because I can imagine, it's like you said, it's weird that sometimes you face an adidas player and you can't have coaching.
ANA IVANOVIC: It is. From time to time it would be nice to have him there all the time to talk, to have someone. But then on the other hand, in the past I had quite not pleasant experience with full‑time coaches. They just try to take too much control over all aspects of your life. It became too hard for both of us.
You know, with Sven, I feel we are working great, we have great communication, and we trust each other. But still we have a lot of time apart from each other, so we can appreciate the time we are working together.

Q. I have a question about Lindsay. Watching her, she took time out to start a family. All the time it takes to come back and playing well and what she did today. Do you kind of look at her and say, As a woman, I can have that kind of balance in my life? I can have children. I can still be a tennis champion.
ANA IVANOVIC: Obviously, yes. You know, it's quite individual. So it just shows her passion for tennis and her love for tennis, so it's great to see that. But, you know, like I said, it's very individual. You have to try to find what works best for you. You know, if you can find balance between your private life and tennis, you know.
You have to find some kind of balance, because if you are just into tennis, you know, what's happening here, sometimes it gets too much. You also have to have some time away from it and enjoy.

Q. You're a very gracious loser as well as being a gracious winner.
ANA IVANOVIC: Thank you.

Q. Have you always been that way when you were younger, or was it harder for you to come after a match and smile?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I used to cry a lot. (Laughing) I did. You know, when I was younger I was taking it really hard. But, you know, through the time you realize that losing is part of your career and part of everyone's career. So you just have to make sure that you don't make losses your defeats.

Q. If you didn't know that Lindsay was ranked number 33 coming into this match, what would you have thought her ranking would be after this match?
ANA IVANOVIC: Excuse me, can you repeat the question?

Q. If you didn't know Lindsay was ranked 33 based on her performance today, what would you have guessed her ranking would be?
ANA IVANOVIC: She played like a top 10 player easily today. She won Grand Slams before, and she was the No. 1 player. So she has the game. Today she played very well. So, you know, I'm glad to see her back, and I hope she can do well.

Q. How does the weight of her shot compare to the real big hitters at the moment?
ANA IVANOVIC: It's different. Because these days there are so many girls that are hitting really powerful, and they try to dominate the game. But with her it was different.
You know, she was playing also very deep, which other girls usually don't play as deep. So after the serve I felt straightaway under pressure. It was hard for me to direct the ball and control the court. That is something that she does really well.
So, yeah, I know these things I have to learn and to improve and practice on it, because in the future, maybe I'll have a chance to play against her again.
FastScripts by ASAP Sports

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 01:56 AM
Just not imagine like it's a GS final Ana, pleaseeeee...:lol:

GOOD LUCK ANCI !!

you can do it.

bump.
I knew it.
I said no GS final presentation, Ana ..:fiery:
oh, well..
clay season about to start. come back stronger !:kiss:

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 02:09 AM
ANA IVANOVIC

Q. You're a very gracious loser as well as being a gracious winner.
ANA IVANOVIC: Thank you.

Q. Have you always been that way when you were younger, or was it harder for you to come after a match and smile?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I used to cry a lot. (Laughing) I did. You know, when I was younger I was taking it really hard. But, you know, through the time you realize that losing is part of your career and part of everyone's career. So you just have to make sure that you don't make losses your defeats.

She really is a very gracious person. :worship:

Langers
Mar 31st, 2008, 02:50 AM
Gee, that's a pretty poor scoreline, can't believe she lost let alone only winning 6 games.

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2008, 03:45 AM
1.You Ana fans shouldn't even bother checking for opinions in GM since these initials actually stand for 'Gaggle of Morons'---or is it 'Genetically-deficient Mutts'?Hmmm...oh well,I DO know a few intelligent people who visit there but it's primarily comprised of sub-human lifeforms so who cares what they say about Ana?
2.Some of us men have a tendency to call ANY gorgeous gal 'nice' whenever she flashes an easy smile at us--regardless of whether or not she's a shallow bitch(on the flip side,I'm sure that women do this also but pro'bly not as commonly).However,I'm quite proud of Ana for winning the sportsmanship award as it shows that she has good character and is NOT just a pretty face.
3.Yeah,yeah,yeah,Lindsay IS a great player--but did Ana even bother trying to move her from side to side?Lindsay defaulted at IW with back problems and she was never the quickest anyway.Sometimes I fear that the sweet nature that makes Ana so charming will prevent her from having that ruthless attack mode that is occasionally a must.She can't be someone that she's not yet I hope that she can find a balance between the frigid,vicious cyborg Graf and the bored,disinterested Sabatini.

Dexter
Mar 31st, 2008, 07:30 AM
Pretty gracious interview for a heartless cheat.

Princeza
Mar 31st, 2008, 10:24 AM
I kinda expected it :awww:

Nikkiri
Mar 31st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Pretty gracious interview for a heartless cheat.

You know Ana. Fake fake fake :lol:

Ana :hug:

diane10
Mar 31st, 2008, 11:29 AM
Its a shame but Lindsay had nothing to lose and showed why she has come back so well. She was probably the worst person for Ana to have an off day against, but Ana treats triumph and disaster with equal grace, and as Kim Clijsters so often showed, nice girls do win big tournaments. Ana will be a Grand Slam champion before too long and this is just a blip. Now she can focus on clay. Good luck Ana :hug:

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:19 PM
1.You Ana fans shouldn't even bother checking for opinions in GM since these initials actually stand for 'Gaggle of Morons'---or is it 'Genetically-deficient Mutts'?Hmmm...oh well,I DO know a few intelligent people who visit there but it's primarily comprised of sub-human lifeforms so who cares what they say about Ana?
2.Some of us men have a tendency to call ANY gorgeous gal 'nice' whenever she flashes an easy smile at us--regardless of whether or not she's a shallow bitch(on the flip side,I'm sure that women do this also but pro'bly not as commonly).However,I'm quite proud of Ana for winning the sportsmanship award as it shows that she has good character and is NOT just a pretty face.
3.Yeah,yeah,yeah,Lindsay IS a great player--but did Ana even bother trying to move her from side to side?Lindsay defaulted at IW with back problems and she was never the quickest anyway.Sometimes I fear that the sweet nature that makes Ana so charming will prevent her from having that ruthless attack mode that is occasionally a must.She can't be someone that she's not yet I hope that she can find a balance between the frigid,vicious cyborg Graf and the bored,disinterested Sabatini.

great post. I agree escpecially with this - "but did Ana even bother trying to move her from side to side?". I was asking myself the same question. I don't know what happened as I haven't seen the match but I suppose she was too emotional and just couldn't focus on what she has to do. She just let Lindsay take control and as a result she couldn't impose her game. As the time went by her self-confidence completely dissapeared.

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:50 PM
great post. I agree escpecially with this - "but did Ana even bother trying to move her from side to side?". I was asking myself the same question. I don't know what happened as I haven't seen the match but I suppose she was too emotional and just couldn't focus on what she has to do. She just let Lindsay take control and as a result she couldn't impose her game. As the time went by her self-confidence completely dissapeared.Thanks for the kind word,but what is this 'heartless cheat' comment that Dexter mentioned?Was it someone in the media who called her this or was it just some inbred from GM?

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the kind word,but what is this 'heartless cheat' comment that Dexter mentioned?Was it someone in the media who called her this or was it just some inbred from GM?

'heartless cheat'. He was being ironical since that's all that some tards from GM could think of trying somehow to rationalize their hate towards Ana.

Nothing to worry about. No problem with media whatsoever.

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM
'heartless cheat'. He was being ironical since that's all that some tards from GM could think of trying somehow to rationalize their hate towards Ana.

Nothing to worry about. No problem with media whatsoever.Well,I checked my e-mail inbox and there was a post,that has apparently been deleted,that was typed by one of those retards that you mentioned.He insulted Ana as being incapable of beating a Williams or Sharapova even though she defeated Venus at the AO and crushed Maria during one of her two victories against her.His blogger name indicates that he's a Masha fan.Though there's nothing wrong with that per se,his intellectual output suggests that he sits around in his parents' basement doing unsanitary stuff with his hands.We can only hope that he hasn't reproduced his inferior DNA or,if he HAS,that he'll do the world a favor and stop now...he's pro'bly considered a genius in the GM forums.:lol:

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well,I checked my e-mail inbox and there was a post,that has apparently been deleted,that was typed by one of those retards that you mentioned.He insulted Ana as being incapable of beating a Williams or Sharapova even though she defeated Venus at the AO and crushed Maria during one of her two victories against her.His blogger name indicates that he's a Masha fan.Though there's nothing wrong with that per se,his intellectual output suggests that he sits around in his parents' basement doing unsanitary stuff with his hands.We can only hope that he hasn't reproduced his inferior DNA or,if he HAS,that he'll do the world a favor and stop now...he's pro'bly considered a genius in the GM forums.:lol:

it's true. I read it and responded right away but my post got deleted together with his. He made only 4 posts on WTAworld. He had some urge to come here and spread some "words of wisdom". :lol:

Anyway, I have no problem with ppl not being fond of Ana but can't stand stupid explanations for their "hatred" and derrogatory and mean comments. They are usually "the gloaters" who can't wait for Ana (or some other player they can't stand) to lose so they could feel a little bit better about themselves. Pathetic.

I post mostly in GM but maybe I'll come here more often since some of the ppl there are probably some immature children who behave like they're in some stupid american highschool dissing and trashing all the way.

Nikkiri
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Safina just beat Davenport 6-3 6-4 :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Safina just beat Davenport 6-3 6-4 :sobbing:

Damn. Ana would not have lost this match.

Dexter
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:30 PM
:rolleyes::o
I like Dinara a lot, but this results annoys me almost as much as yesterday's. :o

The Daviator
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm just so annoyed right now I can't tell you :o

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:47 PM
I cannot believe she lost to Safina.
I don't know what to think. Maybe she had one F.. GREAT day yesterday. Ana had some bad luck but still she let her emotions take the best of her at the same time so no one else to blame expect herself.

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM

it's true. I read it and responded right away but my post got deleted together with his. He made only 4 posts on WTAworld. He had some urge to come here and spread some "words of wisdom". :lol:

Anyway, I have no problem with ppl not being fond of Ana but can't stand stupid explanations for their "hatred" and derrogatory and mean comments. They are usually "the gloaters" who can't wait for Ana (or some other player they can't stand) to lose so they could feel a little bit better about themselves. Pathetic.

I post mostly in GM but maybe I'll come here more often since some of the ppl there are probably some immature children who behave like they're in some stupid american highschool dissing and trashing all the way.As much as I wish that Ana were still playing,we can't assume that she would've beaten Safina as Dexter said.Dinara is still a good enough player to defeat Ana when our girl isn't focused properly--which appears to have been the case yesterday.

As for that poster,you shouldn't stereotype the gringos TOO badly;);I teach English to my fellow Mexicans and I can tell you that this fellow made some silly grammar mistakes.Even if he had an American flag next to his name(did he?),his family probably moved to the US from somewhere else.Sometimes people try to impress others with how informally they can speak another language.

Back to Ana,she needs to focus on attacking her opponent's weaknesses(such as Lindsay's slow lateral movement).In the real world this is cruel but it is often necessary in athletic competition.

cocco80
Mar 31st, 2008, 07:13 PM
As much as I wish that Ana were still playing,we can't assume that she would've beaten Safina as Dexter said.Dinara is still a good enough player to defeat Ana when our girl isn't focused properly--which appears to have been the case yesterday.

I agree. She can lose to anyone if she's having a BAD day. An we all know how ugly that can be. But I think she would handle Safina if nothing just for the fact she's not scared of her and she knows she can beat her. But I guess we'll never know that for sure.

As for that poster,you shouldn't stereotype the gringos TOO badly;);I teach English to my fellow Mexicans and I can tell you that this fellow made some silly grammar mistakes.Even if he had an American flag next to his name(did he?),his family probably moved to the US from somewhere else.Sometimes people try to impress others with how informally they can speak another language.

Oh...you misunderstood. Actually when talking about US highschool I was having in mind those stupid teenage flicks with mean cheerleaders and jocks. :lol: It was a joke. I wasn't implying that Americans are stupid because that would make me more stupid.
The guy wasn't even American. He had a French flag in his avi.

Back to Ana,she needs to focus on attacking her opponent's weaknesses(such as Lindsay's slow lateral movement).In the real world this is cruel but it is often necessary in athletic competition.

I know all that so Ana must know that too but sometimes she just can't do it for whatever reason. I think her main weakness is her self-confidence which is fine as long everything goes her way and she feels in control.
But there is the difference when playing someone like Hantuchova (who she knows she can beat) so she can manage to come back into the match and win it. On the other hand playing someone like Henin she lacks that thought and that's why these kind of things happen. ( for example her loss to Lindsay yesterday and to some degree her not that great performance in AO final. Not saying she would've won it but it would go into 3rd, I'm sure).

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
I agree. She can lose to anyone if she's having a BAD day. An we all know how ugly that can be. But I think she would handle Safina if nothing just for the fact she's not scared of her and she knows she can beat her. But I guess we'll never know that for sure.

Oh...you misunderstood. Actually when talking about US highschool I was having in mind those stupid teenage flicks with mean cheerleaders and jocks. :lol: It was a joke. I wasn't implying that Americans are stupid because that would make me more stupid.
The guy wasn't even American. He had a French flag in his avi.

I know all that so Ana must know that too but sometimes she just can't do it for whatever reason. I think her main weakness is her self-confidence which is fine as long everything goes her way and she feels in control.
But there is the difference when playing someone like Hantuchova (who she knows she can beat) so she can manage to come back into the match and win it. On the other hand playing someone like Henin she lacks that thought and that's why these kind of things happen. ( for example her loss to Lindsay yesterday and to some degree her not that great performance in AO final. Not saying she would've won it but it would go into 3rd, I'm sure).Hopefully you'll forgive my geographical ignorance for not recognizing your flag.OURS looks like the Italians' except for the emblem in the middle stripe.

It's a topic that's pro'bly better reserved for an off-topic thread,but a pertinent question might be whether or not the loved and nurtured Ana has the same determination to win that some of the emotionally-scarred champions of the past did.Even in the present,I suspect that Henin "escaped" into tennis after the turmoil of her divorce.

dybbuk
Mar 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM
Miami sucks. Serena and Nikolay better win this. :sobbing:

~lollipop_girl~
Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
I know I'm late, but i hope you're all happy you got your damn Ana and Lindsay match :ras: :mad: :p

And can you guys remind me to read the Post match interview later, i have no time for it now and I really want to :lol: :angel:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Ana is still 2nd. But man, what a crazy match. Serena really chocked bigtime.
It would actually be embarrassing if Jelena takes rank 2.
Why is it so hard to finish matches against her? It's not that she's playing that great. People just start to miss when they can finish her.
I can't wait till Ana plays Jelena again. Ana crushed her already 5 times and there be better a sixth time soon. Too bad that they can't meet each other in a 2nd round. Then Jelena won't get so many free points.
Jelena had 16 winners and 44 errors. And such a weak serve.
Many players can beat her if they just play a normal game and won't choke like hell.
It's so damn frustrating that she comes so close to Ana. While Ana owns her big time.
I have enough of this clown.

DownTheLine21
Apr 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Why is it so hard to finish matches against her? It's not that she's playing that great. People just start to miss when they can finish her.
I can't wait till Ana plays Jelena again. Ana crushed her already 5 times and there be better a sixth time soon. Too bad that they can't meet each other in a 2nd round. Then Jelena won't get so many free points.
Many players can beat her if they just play a normal game and won't choke like hell.
It's so damn frustrating that she comes so close to Ana. While Ana owns her big time.

I agree. I'm glad to see that she's remaining at No. 2

mure
Apr 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
well said I.fan..i couldn'r believe when serena kept on wasting all those match points..and i was thinking how ironic was JJ calling Ana "the luckiest girl in the world" in that infamous semi final point..JJ should be the last player on tour to make such a statement...(and yeah i know she was mainly just kiddin but still it bothered me)

edit on a second thought i still agree but not with calling her a clown..

tedlesurfeur
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM

A clown ?? Who comes from 1-5 third set to eventually win ?? and it happened to her more than once.. I don't think she's a clown. And I don't understand why you're so scathing about her. She deserves the points that she has, and she's No.3 behind Ana.. And it's good for Ana that Jelena is right there, because it stimulates her. They actually stimulate each other. Tenniswise, you talk about Jelena's poor game compared to Ana's one, but man, their games are totally different, there's nothing to compare, in a way.. I'm a Squeaky Ana fan, like you, but Jelena doesn't bother me at all. :wavey:

DownTheLine21
Apr 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I think it's interesting that Jankovic stages many of these dramatic comebacks, but never against her compatriot.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
A clown ?? Who comes from 1-5 third set to eventually win ?? and it happened to her more than once.. I don't think she's a clown. And I don't understand why you're so scathing about her. She deserves the points that she has, and she's No.3 behind Ana.. And it's good for Ana that Jelena is right there, because it stimulates her. They actually stimulate each other. Tenniswise, you talk about Jelena's poor game compared to Ana's one, but man, their games are totally different, there's nothing to compare, in a way.. I'm a Squeaky Ana fan, like you, but Jelena doesn't bother me at all. :wavey:

It's great that players can comeback in a match. But with Jelena it's cause of errors from the opponents. Serena played good and Jelena had no chance. She won the 2nd set cause Serena was playing Santa Claus for some time. In the 3rd set she played her normal game again and Jelena didn't have a chance at all.

Some players play want to win and some players don't want to lose.
For me it's not only with tennis but the same with soccer and other sports.