PDA

View Full Version : Miami 2008

dulkogii
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Niki only
125 pts to defend.

I´m afraid but Hopefully she will have a good run here.

Good luck! You can do it!

Sexysova
Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
COME ON NICOLE!!! JEDEM!!! :bounce:

Sexysova
Mar 22nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Sharapova withdraws, Nicole is #14 seeded now.. ;)

Derek.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Please don't suck, Nicole. :help:

hurricanejeanne
Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Let's win a couple of rounds, Nicole!

Sharapower8
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Don't suck and do not choke neither please :rolleyes:

Neptune
Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, I think we must not forget that she had mononucleosis the last summer.Even when the disease is gone, you have "up and down" for a pretty long time after that.I'm not trying to make excuses,she's where she deserves to be but it makes me suspicious when you see how many thriller matchs she has played since that and how many times she has lost poorly after playing quite well a whole match before.I really think it will affect her form sometimes.She could play great and very bad in the same tournament.

Anyway, good luck at Miami! :)

Derek.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think mono should be affecting her 7 months later. :unsure:

Neptune
Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I don't think mono should be affecting her 7 months later. :unsure:

I really think it can affect your form.Especially when you're playing at this level.It take time to recover from that.Like one year, maybe more, maybe less, I'm not a expert but a long time for sure.You can train hard one day and you feel like you have no energy an other day.

Rod the Bama
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
I hope that Nicole will play hard and give it her best. Of course it wouldn`t be too much to see her win a couple of matches. I think that it would obviously boost her confidence.

Corswandt
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Continued from the statistics thread:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12773169&postcount=6

Kodat's/IMG's scheduling for Nicole is brave and bold; they assume Nicole will only become one of the best by playing against the best and by beating them. It seems they have more confidence in her than we do. And they have a point; do we really want Nicole do pick her points almost exclusively in tournaments with depleted fields like say Chakvetadze?

OK, maybe we do. :o

Anyways, Nicole really has to pick up some points here. Outdoor US hardcourts are her favourite surface after all. She has nothing falling off up until RG, but I don't see her winning more than 1-2 matches at each clay tournament she enters, slump or no slump. Keeping open the chances of having a top 16 seeding for RG will depend on how she does here. She either, like, plays well, and gets some quality wins, or she will be out of the top 20 after Wimbledon - or maybe even after RG.

Bottom line, right now it already seems unlikely that Nicole will make it to the YEC. Which is seriously disappointing.

Michael_21
Mar 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM
COME ON NICOLLLLLEEEE!!!! this is surely the come bak tournament :D Good luck Nicole.

Vaidisova
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The draw will be out later today.

Hopefully Nicole will do better here.

Vaidisova
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Nicole will play winner of Qualifier vs Olga Govortsova, Vera Z in 3rd round, Daniela in 4th, Ivanovic in QF...

Sexysova
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
it isn't easy but we couldn't expect this good draw.. just pass Zvonareva and Hantuchova to defend QF :drool: :lol:

Daniela Hantuchova[7] - BYE
Milagros Sequera - Yaroslava Shvedova
Anastasia Pivovarova - Ai Sugiyama
BYE - A.Medina Garrigues[28]

Vera Zvonareva[19] - BYE
Stephanie Dubois - qualifier
Olga Govortsova - qualifier
BYE - Nicole Vaidisova[12]

Vaidisova
Mar 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Not that bad of a draw -- hope she is in better form and makes the QF.

Corswandt
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ouch. It's difficult to get a good draw at a tournament like Miami, but still.

Meh. Whatever will be, will be.

Neptune
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
It looks like a nice draw.I hope she will be in form.

Rod the Bama
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
The draw isn`t bad for Nikki. The toughnest potental she got in the early rounds are Vera in the third round and Dani in the round of 16. I really hope that Nikki can return to good form and put together a nice run in Miami.

RsaibotD
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:46 PM
yeah, it looks like a nice draw, I only hope she give a 100%...... Good Luck Nicole;)

Lunaris
Mar 25th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't see Nicole losing to Govortsova, that would be ridiculous. Zvonareva on the other hand... :tape: ...will probably destroy all my faves at this tournament. :sad:

Derek.
Mar 25th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Vera in her draw again. :unsure:

I hope I'll be able to get a fair assessment of where Nicole's game is.

Good luck Nicole! :)

Sexysova
Mar 25th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Nicole plays doubles with Tamaryn Hendler(15 yrs old Belgian - maybe they're friends :confused:).. they play Likhovtseva/Raymond[8] in the first round :lol:

Vaidisova
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Nicole will play winner of Olga Govortsova (BLR) vs Alisa Kleybanova (RUS)

Corswandt
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Nicole plays doubles with Tamaryn Hendler(15 yrs old Belgian - maybe they're friends :confused:)..

Both Bollettieri/IMG. I think Hendler is Nick's backup in case Larcher de Brito doesn't pan out.

Corswandt
Mar 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM
It looks like a nice draw.

I still think it's bad. Zvonareva was, apart from maybe Radwanska, the toughest opponent available on that seedings range.

And Danka may be her bitch - but in tournaments that don't really matter.

Neptune
Mar 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Nicole plays doubles with Tamaryn Hendler(15 yrs old Belgian - maybe they're friends :confused:).. they play Likhovtseva/Raymond[8] in the first round :lol:

I read some articles about this young hope on a french forum.I think (not sure) that Hendler said one time she was friend with Vaidisova and she was helping her at the Bollettieri academy, giving a lot of advices about the Wta.

I still think it's bad. Zvonareva was, apart from maybe Radwanska, the toughest opponent available on that seedings range.

And Danka may be her bitch - but in tournaments that don't really matter.

You're so pessimist :lol:

An in-form Vaidisova beats Hantuchova and Zvonereva in two sets.The question is: is she in form? :devil:

Corswandt
Mar 25th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hendler said one time she was friend with Vaidisova and she was helping her at the Bollettieri academy, giving a lot of advices about the Wta.

Advice on how to score ATP players, for instance. :devil:

Spiritof42
Mar 26th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Well, I haven't been here in quite a while, and I can see the mood in this forum is not particularly festive at the moment. :lol: Not without reason, of course. Better to be realistic than delusional, right?

I have a feeling Nicole has reached a crossroads in her career. Yes, she's still only a teen, but it seems all the injuries, illnesses and various setbacks have taken a toll on her mentally. How strong is her desire to get back to where she was, and then step it up to the next level? I think the next few months may be crucial. We'll see.

I'm not quite as pessimistic as Corswandt, though (that sig! :tape::rolls:). I still think this story can have a happy ending. If it doesn't, I'll just blame Radek. :lol:

littlepanda
Mar 27th, 2008, 02:22 AM
wake up!Girl!

rechi
Mar 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I think Nici has enough problems with her own career right in the moment. She should concentrate on that. I really hope she gets her game back and play some good tennis! We haven't seen this in this season and i think if Nicole gets eleminated early in the tournament i think it's time for a real makeover. I mean new coaches, perhaps Nicole needs a mental coach too...

Sexysova
Mar 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Nicole will face Alisa Kleybanova who qualified and defeated Govortsova 6-3 6-7 6-2 in the first round, good luck Nicole!!! :kiss:

Spiritof42
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Yes, good luck Nicole! :bounce:

Neptune
Mar 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
She's playing her double tomorrow and she will play saturday against Kleybanova.She should win easily the last one.

Good luck!

Sexysova
Mar 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
COURT 4 :help: - START AT 10 AM (MIAMI TIME)

1. Sabine Lisicki vs. Mariya Koryttseva
2. Juan Ignacio Chela[30] vs. Ivo Minar
3. Ai Sugiyama vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues[28]
4. Alisa Kleybanova vs. Nicole Vaidisova[12]
5. Petrova/Vesnina vs. Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual

Sexysova
Mar 28th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Nicole Vaidisova and Tamaryn Hendler lost to Likhovtseva/Raymond 3-6 2-6 :lol:

Corswandt
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
COURT 4 :help:

Less people to see Nicole lose.

RsaibotD
Mar 29th, 2008, 02:02 AM
don't worry about the court.....c'mon Nicole, let's go to recover the confidence... good luck :yeah:

Lunaris
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Kleybanova is thrashing Nicole. 4-6 0-4, 11 aces :eek:
Bye bye QF points.

edit: 13 aces

edit2: Nicole lost in two sets getting a donut, 4-6 0-6 :tape:
Seems that Kleybanova was in the zone. She has amazing serving stats, I don't believe that even Nicole's return could cause this.

Vaidisova
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Simply pathetic.

What has happened to her?

Tennace
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:43 PM
:o :tape: :help:

Rod the Bama
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
What a terrible showing from Nikki. :( She had no answer for Alisa`s great serve and didn`t seem to make any adjustments to it. Plus judging from what i saw following the match on the live scoreboard, it was pretty obvious that Nikki was pretty much beaten mentally. So the slump continues for Nikki. :sad:

Sexysova
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Kleybanova is thrashing Nicole. 4-6 0-4, 11 aces :eek:
Bye bye QF points.

edit: 13 aces

edit2: Nicole lost in two sets getting a donut, 4-6 0-6 :tape:
Seems that Kleybanova was in the zone. She has amazing serving stats, I don't believe that even Nicole's return could cause this.

she's the worst player in TOP 1000 at the moment so why not? :o

Vaidisova
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Nicole has lost her last 3 matches... in two of them she lost 0-6!

Wonder how long this losing streak is gonna last...

hurricanejeanne
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Nicole is officially slumping. She has a lot of things to think about now.

Nadie
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:58 PM
OMG :tape: :tape: I'm stil shocked :mad: :bigcry:

Nicole :help: :help:

Vaidisova
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
This is from iPatty. in GM

Nicole clearly tanked the second set, showing no emotion and letting serves go past her. Nick Bolletieri was screaming at her the entire time. :sad: Poor Nicole.

Neptune
Mar 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I hope anyone here believe that Nicole fought as hard as she could to respond to Kleybanova :lol:

Sorry, but it just made me laugh to saw how much she was doing her best to tank her match.

But IMO, it won't last.She is having a crisis right now (talking about her coach's interview after the Ao).She will growp up but it will take time maybe.

iPatty
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Just wanted to clarify for you guys, that Derek sent me that information, I was not at the tournament.

Lunaris
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I hope anyone here believe that Nicole fought as hard as she could to respond to Kleybanova :lol:

Sorry, but it just made me laugh to saw how much she was doing her best to tank her match.

But IMO, it won't last.She is having a crisis right now (talking about her coach's interview after the Ao).She will growp up but it will take time maybe.
Well, I never expect my faves, or any other player to tank in the first place (except of Nalbandian). If she did it, then it's worse with her than I thought.

Sexysova
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Vaidisova Ruled
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Can' t believe it.

Neptune
Mar 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Well, I never expect my faves, or any other player to tank in the first place (except of Nalbandian). If she did it, then it's worse with her than I thought.

I didn't say it but I still think it's pathetic to loose like that.

Corswandt
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Less people to see Nicole lose.

See what I mean.

Corswandt
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM

She wants to break free. Fed up with Kodat, Nick, IMG, tennis, everything.

Let her go, let her do whatever she wants.

I can't possibly be any worse than what's happening now.

Vaidisova
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Later on that day, Nicole Vaidisova took the court against former Bollettieri student Alisa Kleybanova. The two stayed on serve throughout the first set, but at 4-5 Vaidisova was broken and Kleybanova took the first set. In the second set, it was all Kleybanova and she pretty much did anything and everything she wanted against the former Top-10 player. Kleybanova had 13 aces and didn’t face a break point in the entire match. Vaidisova looked flustered and unhappy throughout the match, and this translated to poor play on the tennis court. This is now two tournaments in a row that Vaidisova has lost her first match. She has had some off-court distractions recently, but she needs to get focused again if she wants to be a serious threat week in and week out.

http://nickstennispicks.com/

Corswandt
Mar 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
She is indeed fed up with her current handlers, but can't bring herself to just pack her bags and leave, so instead destroys what little is left of her short and not particularly brilliant career to "make her point".

I'd say she's already made her point. Now it's time to act like an adult and do whatever she has, or wants, to do about it.

Derek.
Mar 30th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Nicole was horrible. I was so disappointed in her attitude. No fight. She doesn't seem to care much right now. Alisa played quite well, but Nicole didn't even try for some shots. She let serves go by that were returnable. She has no confidence it seems and just gave up after losing the first set. She has a lot of work to do.

Sexysova
Mar 30th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Nicole was horrible. I was so disappointed in her attitude. No fight. She doesn't seem to care much right now. Alisa played quite well, but Nicole didn't even try for some shots. She let serves go by that were returnable. She has no confidence it seems and just gave up after losing the first set. She has a lot of work to do.

and how the first set went? she gave up the first set too? because she almost always faced break points on her serve and didn't return well.. :help:

Spiritof42
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Don't suck and do not choke neither please :rolleyes:

Too late :o:o:o

Getting bageled by Ivanovic is one thing, but against someone like Kleybanova? Winning only 8 points in the 2nd set? That's pathetic :help:

From both the stats and the reports, it's obvious her heart wasn't in it. Her on-court attitude has always been somewhat problematic, but this kind of half-assed effort is just embarrassing.

Whatever these "off-court distractions" are (Radek? Kodat? IMG? Bollettieri? All of the above?), it's time to deal with them and get her mind back to tennis. Assuming she still wants to play and do whatever it takes to compete at the highest level.

Please get your act together, Nicole.

Neptune
Mar 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Why we don't have any interviews of Vaidisova since Dubai (or even since the end of the Ao I think)?

She even doesn't want to talk to the journalists? :shrug:

Corswandt
Mar 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Why we don't have any interviews of Vaidisova since Dubai (or even since the end of the Ao I think)?

Losers don't get interviewed.

Vaidisova
Mar 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Maybe Nicole should take a break and sort out whatever off court distractions are causing her to not focus on tennis instead of piling up a losing streak. She won't have any points coming off until Roland Garros anyway.

I doubt she will get a win at Amelia Island next week...:help:

Neptune
Mar 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Losers don't get interviewed.

She can still be interviewed by the Czech press or something like that.It happened more than one time before that she was asking about her form and her play even if she lost a match.I like to read this kind of interview because it can put some answers to a loss and you know how the player feels.Even if she doesn't say the truth, it's interesting.

hurricanejeanne
Mar 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM

This is really concerning. Nicole obviously isn't playing well and now she just doesn't seem to give a damn. If she shows up in Amelia Island next week and doesn't get a win, she needs to take some time off and decide what she wants to do with herself and her game.

Corswandt
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
This is really concerning. Nicole obviously isn't playing well and now she just doesn't seem to give a damn. If she shows up in Amelia Island next week and doesn't get a win, she needs to take some time off and decide what she wants to do with herself and her game.

She has realized that, no matter how hard she works and how much she improves her game, she'll never be a world beater. That's quite a lot to digest right now, particularly if she ever believed her own hype.

So she's at the "why bother" stage.

Now it will take some time before she understands that working to improve her game and putting in some kind of effort on the court will be necessary even to keep herself in her current stagnation. She probably still thinks that her serve alone + what little is left of her game are enough to achieve that, and it will probably require her ranking to nosedive (say, after RG) before she realizes that just won't do.

So things will only get worse - much worse - before they get better.

HowardH
Mar 31st, 2008, 04:27 AM
Even though her form and mindset are pretty bad at the moment, I have faith that this will be only a temporary setback. Even if it takes her a while, as long as Nicole remains interested enough to keep playing, she will eventually find some form. If she loses interest, she might stop playing, so that worries me, but her game is good enough to be top 10 no problem, and she should be playing quarterfinals and semifinals (or more) in Grand Slams and other big tournaments regularly, as soon as she finds her rhythm and gets her head in the right place. The other thing that worries me a little is the possibility that she might get out of shape, like a couple of other girls have done, but I think that Nicole should be alright with that since she likes to look good. Plus, she's young, so she has plenty of time to figure it all out. So we should all look forward to when she starts playing like she's supposed to. I hope she doesn't make us wait too long though...

Derek.
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:00 AM
She was moving so bad and only could keep two or three balls in the court. It was so sad to see her give up. :sad:

Michael_21
Mar 31st, 2008, 08:07 AM
come on nicole :( whats going on :(:(:(

Sexysova
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM
She was moving so bad and only could keep two or three balls in the court. It was so sad to see her give up. :sad:

and did she screamed and smashed racket?

also how Kleybanova could aces her 13 times? and why Nicole didn't win any pts on her serve and own serve? :(

Sexysova
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM
omfg Czech press AHA! reads this forum :D

your comments in Czech :D

To snad ne?! Co se to stalo s NICOLE VAIDIŠOVOU?! Zapomněla snad dočista hrát tenis?! Prý příští světová jednička! Pche! Teď to spíš vypadá, že budeme svědky dalšího trpkého příběhu o zahozeném talentu. Vaidišová (18) není schopná vyhrát zápas, naposledy v Miami ji potupným kanárem zostudila málo známá Ruska Alisa Klejbanovová!

Poslední výsledky zázračné Niki? Výprask od Ivanovičové v Dubaji, propadák v Indian Wells a teď totéž v bleděmodrém na mamutím turnaji v Miami. Do druhých kol na posledních dvou turnajích prolezla jen díky tomu, že v úvodní rundě měla volný los…

Takřka neznámé Rusce Klejbanovové, 83. tenistce světa, včera v Miami Vaidišová takřka nekladla odpor. Ba co hůř – totálně ten zápas s dobře servírující (13 es) ruskou kvalifikantkou odchodila a odevzdala! Až to pobouřilo její fanoušky, kteří jí hned na webovém fóru dali co proto! „Panebože! Nemůžu věřit tomu, co jsem viděla!“ hrozila se Nadie. „Hrála strašně! A ten její přístup. Bylo jí to úplně fuk!“ zlostil se pisatel jménem Derek.

A na svých webových stránkách svou chráněnku »ztrhal« i její guru Nick Bolletieri. „Působila zmateně a nešťastně, což se přeneslo do její slabé hry,“ zhodnotil její zápas. „Má teď nějaké problémy mimo kurt a potřebuje se znovu zkoncentrovat jen na tenis, pokud chce v tenisu něco znamenat,“ zní Bolletieriho návrh.

A to podepisují i jiní pisatelé. „Nicole se potřebuje urvat ze řetězu. Má po krk Kodata, Nicka, IMG, všech kolem sebe. Nechte ji jít, ať si dělá, co chce. Horší než teď to může být jen sotva,“ napsal na webu fanoušek podepsaný Corswandt.

Neptune
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
It must be a serious magazine to take the commentaries of people who just watch tennis by passion and aren't professionnels :help:

Wtf is that?

:lol:

Lunaris
Mar 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM
:haha: :dead:

Andrew, why do you read this trash btw?

Sexysova
Mar 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM
:haha: :dead:

Andrew, why do you read this trash btw?

because there're sometimes some quotes and interviews and I wanted to search if there isn't anything about her lost match.. :lol: seriously I don't read anything else except Nicole - only when it's interesting :)

Derek.
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:42 AM
and did she screamed and smashed racket?

also how Kleybanova could aces her 13 times? and why Nicole didn't win any pts on her serve and own serve? :(

Nicole let most of those aces just go by.
They were returnable.
Her serve won't help her if she is not able to finish the point.
She was moving so slow. :o

Sexysova
Apr 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Nicole let most of those aces just go by.
They were returnable.
Her serve won't help her if she is not able to finish the point.
She was moving so slow. :o

:o :sad:

and did she even care about the match?

dulkogii
Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Ei nicole ! what happend baby ? please WAKE UP!

Corswandt
Apr 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
A to podepisují i jiní pisatelé. „Nicole se potřebuje urvat ze řetězu. Má po krk Kodata, Nicka, IMG, všech kolem sebe. Nechte ji jít, ať si dělá, co chce. Horší než teď to může být jen sotva,“ napsal na webu fanoušek podepsaný Corswandt.

Smashing.

So now I can't even come in here and say that I fear Nicole will do a Dokic, since that may find its way into some Czech rag and give Nicole some new ideas about how to destroy herself.