PDA

View Full Version : S1 Week 1, Gold Coast , AUS, Tier II

Pages : [1] 2

champion88
Mar 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
WELCOME TO THE INAUGRAL EVENT OF THE OWTT, HERE IN GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA.

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1391947-Looking_South_down_the_Gold_Coast-Gold_Coast.gif

With many of the players taking part in exhibition matches over the last few days, the girls are starting to find their form. Which of the girls will make history and win the first ever tournament here in OWTT?

Singles Draw:

Rezai Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. V.Williams
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Wozniacki
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Radwanska
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Dulko
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Golovin
Paszek Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Sharapova
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Dementieva
Peer Vs. Hantuchova

POINTS DUE SUNDAY 23RD MARCH 8PM GMT

Monday: R16 Top Half
Tuesday: R16 Bottom Half
Wednesday: QF
Thursday: SF
Friday: Final

Sunday: new points due for next tournament

champion88
Mar 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Singles draw added ;)

Remember - points due tomorrow, so get them in quickly! Would like new points from the exo points you guys sent!

Please can people send int he following format:-

04-05-12-19-34-23-01-09-14-27-29-39-11

With the zeros put in even for single digit please. Makes it much easier to score that way.

Fretchap
Mar 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
i'll send new for sure, cause mine really sucked :lol:

Hashim.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
i am very excited:yippee:
hopefully JJ will do well:hearts:

champion88
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
IF I'M MAKING THE EFFORT WITH THE TOUR, I EXPECT YOU GUYS TO AS WELL. AS AN INCENTIVE, THE PERSON WHO WRITES THE MOST ARTICLES PER WEEK WILL WIN EVERY COIN-TOSS IN THEIR MATCHES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!

So get writing!! :P

Fretchap
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
IF I'M MAKING THE EFFORT WITH THE TOUR, I EXPECT YOU GUYS TO AS WELL. AS AN INCENTIVE, THE PERSON WHO WRITES THE MOST ARTICLES PER WEEK WILL WIN EVERY COIN-TOSS IN THEIR MATCHES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!

So get writing!! :P

Could you just please specify what is an article. I mean I know what it is, but I want to know if a picture with one line of writing will be counted as an article...?

champion88
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
Could you just please specify what is an article. I mean I know what it is, but I want to know if a picture with one line of writing will be counted as an article...?

No- an article will not consist of just a picture and a few lines... something like a match recap followed by player comments would be cool

dawid
Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Go Radwanska!

Fretchap
Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Serena is ready for new challenges!

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2136284.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A69FBAB02F785F2562 9930FDCFC4C15FBB
Serena Williams training in Gold Coast

Serena Williams has been training really hard since she decided to join OWTT. She has played some exhibition matches a week ago and was a little bit frustrated to see that her game level wasn't really where she would have liked it to be and where she thought it was. Serena arrived 3 days ago in Gold Coast to get ready for her first tournament and had a little interview with a local radio station, here it is:

Hello Serena!
Hi guys!

How are you? Are you happy to be in Australia?
For sure I'm glad of being here! Weather is really hot, people are really nice with me and Australians are big tennis fans, that's great to see them get up early the morning to see me training.

What are you expecting for your first tournament?
A first title. I'm not coming here to lose, I hate losing. I have the abilities to win, even if I didn't win most of my exhibitions matches, I know I can beat all these girls with a good match plan.

What do you know of your first round opponent?
She's named, Agnieszka Radwanska, she's young and talented, she doesn't hit that hard, she has a lot of variaty, she's good. If I play well I can beat her.

Are you planning to play doubles this year?
Yes I will! I'll play with Aravane Rezai, a incredibly talented tennis player, she's from France. She beat me in a exhibition match, she hits really hard on almost every ball. I have a little more experiment than her, I think I can learn her to be a little more patient! I'm sure we will be a terrific team!

What do you want to achieve this year?
I'll take it one match at the time, but the Golden Slam is the objective... No really I just want to play my best in all my matches get into the top 10 and have a great run at the US Open in front of my home crowd.

Thanks for taking a little bit of your time to talk to us Serena!
You're welcome!

DefyingGravity
Mar 22nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
OWTT Doubles

We've got four teams ready to go:

Radwanska/Wozniacki
S. Williams/Rezai
Sharapova/Hantuchova
Schnyder/Ivanovic

Combined points are due Monday!

champion88
Mar 22nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Serena is ready for new challenges!

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2136284.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A69FBAB02F785F2562 9930FDCFC4C15FBB
Serena Williams training in Gold Coast

Serena Williams has been training really hard since she decided to join OWTT. She has played some exhibition matches a week ago and was a little bit frustrated to see that her game level wasn't really where she would have liked it to be and where she thought it was. Serena arrived 3 days ago in Gold Coast to get ready for her first tournament and had a little interview with a local radio station, here it is:

Hello Serena!
Hi guys!

How are you? Are you happy to be in Australia?
For sure I'm glad of being here! Weather is really hot, people are really nice with me and Australians are big tennis fans, that's great to see them get up early the morning to see me training.

What are you expecting for your first tournament?
A first title. I'm not coming here to lose, I hate losing. I have the abilities to win, even if I didn't win most of my exhibitions matches, I know I can beat all these girls with a good match plan.

What do you know of your first round opponent?
She's named, Agnieszka Radwanska, she's young and talented, she doesn't hit that hard, she has a lot of variaty, she's good. If I play well I can beat her.

Are you planning to play doubles this year?
Yes I will! I'll play with Aravane Rezai, a incredibly talented tennis player, she's from France. She beat me in a exhibition match, she hits really hard on almost every ball. I have a little more experiment than her, I think I can learn her to be a little more patient! I'm sure we will be a terrific team!

What do you want to achieve this year?
I'll take it one match at the time, but the Golden Slam is the objective... No really I just want to play my best in all my matches get into the top 10 and have a great run at the US Open in front of my home crowd.

Thanks for taking a little bit of your time to talk to us Serena!
You're welcome!

:kiss:

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Congrats on becoming a forum champion88!!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Maria Sharapova Ready To Rock OWTT

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72939431.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F4700DAAEF26E95468F06 5CFF73ABCC86A130A55A1E4F32AD3138

Maria Sharapova will play her "first" match in the OWTT on Tuesday. She came off a good 3 days of 10 exhibition matches. Where she had to play ten and won 8, leading the group with Serbians Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic just trailing behind at 7 wins. Sharapova says "Of course I'm happy you know, but the real tournament starts now, and every match is a new match, so I will have to play my best." First up for her is the young Austrian Tamira Paszek, where the last time they played in the exhibition, it went Sharapova's way 1-6 6-4 6-0.

Maria's interview
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56702738.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F4700E0C2363068F0FF67 D4DE07F8CF3F9278A55A1E4F32AD3138

A great win-loss in the exhibition Maria
Thank you

What do you think of the game, do you like it, or it's okay?
Ohhh, of course I like it, you know. Ummm, it's very different, it's original, and plus, I like games where I win a lot *laughter*, no just joking, but you know it's always good to win, it's a good feeling.

So what are your thoughts on the first match?
Sorry, against who? I haven't checked the draw.

Ummm.. Tamira Paszek.
Ohh Tamira, yeh, I've played her last week, and I won that, I think it was three sets, but you know, it was her first match of the year, maybe she was a bit shaky, but every match is a new match and I just have to play my best.

Do you, know anyone from the tour?
Well, Caroline and I know each other from other games. Ummm.. Daniela and I are obviously doubles partners so I want to get to know her more. But I want to make friends with everyone on the tour, because they will be the people you will spend the rest of your tennis life with, so it's good to have a few friends. If my dad lets me... *=_="*

Who do you think are the threats to you in the game?
Well, it's really too early to tell. But you know, Jelena and Ana are coming off a good three days as well. But you can't really count anyone out.

Well, all the best to you Maria.
Thank you.

lucho_coria
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Please someone for doubless

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:34 AM
Stosur and Davenport added to the draw :)

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
Received points from:-

Davenport
Jankovic
Wozniacki
S. Williams
Radwanska
Dulko
Sharapova
Harkleroad
Stosur

Still require points from:-

Rezai
Ivanovic
Schnyder
Golovin
Paszek
V. Williams
Hantuchova

GracefulVenus
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
if Venus's Coach doesn't send points by next event, I want to be her. You just never know.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Champion88 Give me an hour to send my points plz

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Sent my points:wavey:

.Andrew.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Points sent. :wavey:
Article coming shortly. :)

.Andrew.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:25 AM
Patty To Make Her Debut At Gold Coast!

http://www.patty-schnyder.com/goldcoast0511.jpg
Patty hits a forehand in training

Patty Schnyder of Switzerland will make her debut at Gold Coast in the Original Women's Tennis Tour. She has arrived at Gold Coast and has already started training with her coach, Andrew. "Yeah, I'm so excited to be here at Gold Coast. The resort and tournament is beautiful and the people here are so hospitable and nice." In the exhibition phase, Patty went 4-6 with most of the matches that she lost going to 3 sets. "Yeah, I was definitely pleased with the way I played. The players got a chance to test our tactics and it was great. Kudos to the tournament manager for running it." In the first round, Patty will be facing Tatiana Golovin of France whom she had beaten 6-4, 6-3 in the exhibition. Patty commented, "You don't really know what to expect as all the players had to chance tactics. I do plan to use my serve effectively and play smart and hopefully I'll come out with the win." In doubles, Patty plans to play with Ana Ivanovic of Serbia.

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Received points from:-

Davenport
Jankovic
Wozniacki
S. Williams
Radwanska
Dulko
Sharapova
Harkleroad
Stosur
Golovin
Schnyder
Ivanovic
Chakvetadze

Still require points from:-

Rezai
Paszek
V. Williams
Hantuchova

Chakvetadze will be added to the draw, eith randomly playing someone as a R32 match, or replacing someone if they don't send points, in the R16

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
OK Rezai has sent.... just waiting now for Paszek, Venus and Hantuchova.

I'm excited already!!! :bounce:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
Updated draw with inclusion of Chakvetadze (done by random.org for her placement!)

Rezai Vs. Bye
Davenport Vs. Bye
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Wozniacki Vs. Bye
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Radwanska Vs. Bye
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Golovin Vs. Bye
Paszek Vs. Bye
Sharapova Vs. Bye
V. Williams Vs. Chakvetadze
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Bye
Hantuchova Vs. Bye

Chakvetadze will take a player's place in R16 if someone doesn't send their points by 8pm tomorrow :angel:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Champion88 Give me an hour to send my points plz

HEHEHE!!

Sorry Danners. Didn't see this when I PMed you. :hug:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Daniela points in!

Just Paszek and Venus to go..... can use Paszek's exo points if she doesn't send new ones.

If Venus doesn't send, GracefulVenus can swap from Davenport to Venus, but still hours to go yet!

Want to start NOW lol!

Gonna have to discipline myself not to post the whole tournament results same day lol!!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
HEHEHE!!

Sorry Danners. Didn't see this when I PMed you. :hug:

No Problemo (Insert real first name here :)[BTW what is your first name])

Champion 88 if everyone sends before the deadline can we start early???

Can I make an Order of Play (Really bored:angel:)

Droolv
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
Stosur Ready for Home Tournament

http://i28.tinypic.com/j5i96v.jpg
Sam Stosur after purchasing new pairs oof socks in preparation for the cold Europian climate.

Whenever you’re playing in the town you grew up in it feels just wonderful. Well this week the OWTT tour heads to
the Gold Coast to begin its first season. Australian, Samantha Stosur who grew up and trains at the Gold Coast is
excited by the upcoming week where she makes her debut against Daniela Hantuchova. Expecting a full house and
to be cheered on by Australia’s own “The Fanatics”, Stosur is excited about her first match.

“I’ve been training really hard in the pre-season and hopefully it will pay off.” “I’ve worked on my backhand a lot so
hopefully it will become a lot accurate meaning a lot less unforced errors.” “I’ve based my game around my serve,
so if I’m serving well it should all come together.” “Having the crowd on your side is just amazing so if I can use them
to my advantage that should give me an edge.”

Stosur, who missed the practise matches will play on Tuesday where the bottom half will make their debuts on the
rebound ace courts at the Gold Coast. Stosur has also expressed an interest in playing doubles with Russian Elena
Dementieva and is just waiting for her to confirm the partnership.

Fretchap
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
I am Anxious, Win it all Ree!!!

Fretchap
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I am Anxious, Win it all Ree!!!

I should maybe hope for winning one match than the whole tournament lol :lol:

Fretchap
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
how many hours left?

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:40 AM
17.5 hours :(

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:45 AM
Im making the OOP now

Fretchap
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:45 AM
I'm going to bed something like 10 hours will pass :D

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
ORDER OF PLAY
(Sunday March 23, 2008. Day 1 of Gold Coast)

Center Court
Starting at 11:00

Jankovic Vs. Wozniacki
Rezai Vs. Davenport
S. Williams Vs. Radwanska

(NB 7:00)
Stosur Vs. Hantuchova
Paszek Vs. Sharapova

Court 2

Ivanovic Vs. Dulko
Schnyder Vs. Golovin
V. Williams or Chakvetadze Vs. Harkleroad(After Suitible Rest)

Droolv
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Feature night match :hearts:

Thanks DIM :yeah:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Nice work Daniela.

Midday game for me. :cool::umbrella:

and it's Johnathan b.t.w. ;)

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:59 AM
I have done the results based on the points I have so far, and I know the winner, unless Venus can shake things up :p

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Feature night match :hearts:

Thanks DIM :yeah:

Well ure the homecrowd fave and Daniela is ME so I had to make it the feature :lol:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Well ure the homecrowd fave and Daniela is ME so I had to make it the feature :lol:

I will just work throuh the draw in order I think.

Can do proper OOP at the Slams

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
I have done the results based on the points I have so far, and I know the winner, unless Venus can shake things up :p

Maybe you can do the night matches now;):lol:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:20 AM
I have to give Tamira chance to change points, and Venus to send. As is live score, don't want to give them any advantage by seeing the scores before deadline ;). If they send early tomorrow, I can do the R32 match, and do R16 tomorrow as well, but it depends how quick they send.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
I have to give Tamira chance to change points, and Venus to send. As is live score, don't want to give them any advantage by seeing the scores before deadline ;). If they send early tomorrow, I can do the R32 match, and do R16 tomorrow as well, but it depends how quick they send.

NP

champion 88(Insert real name here)the OOP was just 4 fun. Im so bored even though I should be packing:tape:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Daniela points in!

Just Paszek and Venus to go..... can use Paszek's exo points if she doesn't send new ones.

If Venus doesn't send, GracefulVenus can swap from Davenport to Venus, but still hours to go yet!

Want to start NOW lol!

Gonna have to discipline myself not to post the whole tournament results same day lol!!

OMG you're just like me!! I LOVE DOING THE RESULTS!!!! Can you do it now please!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Don't change points please Tamira Paszek :angel:

Hehe :devil:

.Andrew.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Can't wait for the matches to start :bounce: :bounce:

DavenportForever
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
ORDER OF PLAY
(Sunday March 23, 2008. Day 1 of Gold Coast)

Center Court

Jankovic Vs. Wozniacki
Rezai Vs. Davenport

(NB 7:00)
Stosur Vs. Hantuchova
Paszek Vs. Sharapova

Court 2

Ivanovic Vs. Dulko
Schnyder Vs. Golovin
V. Williams or Chakvetadze Vs. Harkleroad(After Suitible Rest)

lmao. of course he puts his player (Hantuchova) as the night match:rolleyes:
lolll just kidding matt. :)

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
OH and btw guys, call me Chris!! :)

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Just waiting for Venus now, but Kar is unreliable so don't know if he will send or not. Will be annoyed if I wait til 8pm and he doesn't send, but I gotta be fair and wait :(

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
TOUR DIRECTOR EXCITED FOR FIRST EVENT

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v127/135/19/223304330/n223304330_2865236_9156.jpg

Tour director, Chris Smith (front with straw hat, black shirt :p ), held a wild-west themed party last night to celebrate the debut event of his OWTT Tour in Gold Coast, Australia. Many of his friends turned up and had an awesome time- drinking and dancing the night away, before the Director left his friends to continue the partying as he headed off to the Player Party later on in the night.

Reporters spoke to Chris outside the club:- "Yeh I'm really excited for Gold Coast starting. I have managed to sign some pretty top players up to my tour. The exhibitions went really well last week, and I think there could be some great rivalries on the tour. Not long to go yet, and everything will be underway! I know all the girls have been training really hard, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top this week to win the first ever event!"

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
JUST UNDER 3HRS FOR POINTS. Just waiting for Venus.

DefyingGravity
Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Aravane is excited. I think her new strategy is better than the original...by far...

dawid
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Can we start earlier? I think it wouldn't change anything.

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Can we start earlier? I think it wouldn't change anything.

:lol: I can't do R16 before R32 match. I don't think Vee will send points to be honest as Kar is unreliable, but Shahar Peer has asked to sign up so am giving her til 8pm as well to send her points.

Less than 2hrs to go, and am eating soon anyway.

dawid
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry, I didn't know that Venus has to play R32 match :D

GracefulVenus
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
K, so since Kar didn't send points, am I now Venus?

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
K, so since Kar didn't send points, am I now Venus?

not yet- he still has 1hr 45mins to send points ;)

But if not you can switch from Davenport to Venus yeh.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
lmao. of course he puts his player (Hantuchova) as the night match:rolleyes:
lolll just kidding matt. :)

:sad: It was because of STosur not Hantuchova

'Im hurt

:lol:

ViennaCalling
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Tamira will kick ass here :armed:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
:sad: It was because of STosur not Hantuchova

'Im hurt

:lol:

Daniela would NEVER manipulate the OOP.

Everyone knows she's not a primetime girl :haha:

:hug:Daniela:hug:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
22 mins for points, and still waiting for Venus :rolleyes:

Looks like no R32 Chakvetadze Vs. Venus

young_gunner913
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Shahar sent points.

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Updated draw with addition of Peer (done by random.org)

Rezai Vs. Bye
Davenport Vs. Bye
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Wozniacki Vs. Bye
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Radwanska Vs. Bye
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Golovin Vs. Bye
Paszek Vs. Bye
Sharapova Vs. Bye
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Bye
Hantuchova Vs. Peer

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
:bounce::dance:Limbering up:dance::bounce:
:drool:Feel the hunger:drool:
:smash:Getting some last minute instructions from my coach:smash:
:singer:Practicing my victory speech:singer::

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
OK. Time is up

Venus didn't send points, so Chakvetadze will get a w/o into R16.

GracefulVenus can switch from Davenport to Venus, so it is now Rezai Vs. Venus in R16.

R32: Hantuchova Vs. Peer to come

followed by R16 matches once calculated

:bounce:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Rezai Vs. Bye
V. Williams Vs. Bye
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Wozniacki Vs. Bye
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Radwanska Vs. Bye
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Golovin Vs. Bye
Paszek Vs. Bye
Sharapova Vs. Bye
Chakvetadze Vs. Bye
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Bye
Hantuchova Vs. Peer

young_gunner913
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
when are results? :)

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
On their way Y-G.:bounce:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Am feeling generous as first event, and Dementieva sent points before I started posting results. She will fac Stosur in R32.

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
GREAT!! :bounce:

Welcome Lena. :wavey:

Noticed she'd signed-up in the wrong thread, so I PMed her to send in points fast.

Glad it worked. :angel:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Rezai Vs. Bye
V. Williams Vs. Bye
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Wozniacki Vs. Bye
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Radwanska Vs. Bye
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Golovin Vs. Bye
Paszek Vs. Bye
Sharapova Vs. Bye
Chakvetadze Vs. Bye
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Bye
Hantuchova Vs. Peer

:sad:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
GOLD COAST R32

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/20/samanthastosur_narrowweb__300x423,0.jpg Vs. http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/7/1/C/2006-us-open-2.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Stosur
1-1
2-1 Stosur
2-2
3-2* Stosur
4-2
5-2
5-3
5-4*
5-5
6-5 Dementieva
6-6
7-6(2) Dementieva

DEMENTIEVA LEADS STOSUR 7-6(2)

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Results coming up right?

Edit: That feels like a dumb question now.^^

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
GOLD COAST R32

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/20/samanthastosur_narrowweb__300x423,0.jpg Vs. http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/7/1/C/2006-us-open-2.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Stosur
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

DEMENTIEVA AND STOSUR ARE TIED 7-6(2) 0-6

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
YEAH LIVESCORE!!:bounce:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
GOLD COAST R32

SET 3

1-0 Stosur
2-0
2-1
2-2
3-2 Dementieva
4-2
5-2
5-3
6-3

DEMENTIEVA DEF. STOSUR 7-6(2) 0-6 6-3

Dementieva comes through a tough encounter. Stosur couldn't quite put it together in front of her home crowd. She seemed deflated in the third after blitzing through the second set so easily. Stosur was so close to the win - she just couldn't close out that first set. Nice opening match :)

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
LENA!! :bounce:

Sam :hug:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Uh Oh...

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
:bounce:GO DANI:bounce:GO DANI:bounce:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
GOLD COAST R32

http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_hantuchova_037_getty_j_finney.jpg Vs. http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.fa6c740866d64607b77d58bca9e67656.australia_wo mens_hardcourt_tennis_xck110.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Peer
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
5-1
5-2
5-3
6-3

PEER LEADS HANTUCHOVA 6-3

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
GOLD COAST R32

http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_hantuchova_037_getty_j_finney.jpg Vs. http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.fa6c740866d64607b77d58bca9e67656.australia_wo mens_hardcourt_tennis_xck110.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Peer
2-0
3-0
3-1
3-2
4-2
4-3
4-4
5-4 Hantuchova
6-4

PEER AND HANTUCHOVA ARE TIED 6-3 4-6

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
FIGHT DANI FIGHT :armed:

looks like she used some big points early on.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
:sad:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
:)

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
GOLD COAST R32

SET 3

1-0 Peer
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

PEER DEF. HANTUCHOVA 6-3 4-6 6-0

Peer was just too strong in the end. Close first couple of sets, but Peer just ran away with it in the end. I really feel for Dani here though - I like the way she plays, and if Peer wasn't a last minute entry, she would have got to the final :hug:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
:sad::hug:DANI:hug::sad:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
"Peer was just too strong in the end. Close first couple of sets, but Peer just ran away with it in the end. I really feel for Dani here though - I like the way she plays, and if Peer wasn't a last minute entry, she would have got to the final"

Way to break a man's heart :lol:
Oh well

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Updated draw:-

Rezai Vs. V. Williams
Jankovic Vs. Wozniacki
Ivanovic Vs. Dulko
Schnyder Vs. Golovin
Paszek Vs. Sharapova
Chakvetadze Vs. Harkleroad
Dementieva Vs. Peer

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Champion do you think I should keep my points 4 next week

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM

Up to you.... was enough to have got you to the final this week, but players will change their points again, and if you weren't gonna win the title there is still stuff to improve :p

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM

Plus even the best players who win the title usually change points :)

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
C'mon Maria.. YOU CAN DO IT!

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9375/l2314720wp7.jpg Vs. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070829/070829_venus_vmed_4p.widec.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Rezai
1-1
2-1 V. Williams
3-1
4-1
5-1
5-2
6-2

V. WILLIAMS LEADS REZAI 6-2

ViennaCalling
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Rezai changed points? :lol:

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9375/l2314720wp7.jpg Vs. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070829/070829_venus_vmed_4p.widec.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Rezai
1-1
2-1 V. Williams
3-1
4-1
5-1
5-2
6-2

V. WILLIAMS DEF. REZAI 6-2 6-2

I don't think Rezai played too badly here, and it was closer than the score suggests. But, pure dominance from Venus- she is looking good on her debut.

Shafanovic.
OMG.. I just saw that champion88's name is Chris!!! THAT'S MY NAME!!! High-5!!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
:bowdown: Venus :bowdown:

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://tennisgirls.greatestpictures.nl/jankovic/14.jpg Vs. http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/526/U2132P6T12D3005979F44DT20070628064156.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Jankovic
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
5-1
5-2
6-2

JANKOVIC LEADS WOZNIACKI 6-2

ViennaCalling
OMG.. I just saw that champion88's name is Chris!!! THAT'S MY NAME!!! High-5!!!

You wont win your match only because of this compliment :rolleyes:

:devil: :p

Lord Jinxy
HI CHRIS!! :wavey:

Shafanovic.
Jankovic vs Wozniacki next!!! GO CARO!

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://tennisgirls.greatestpictures.nl/jankovic/14.jpg Vs. http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/526/U2132P6T12D3005979F44DT20070628064156.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Jankovic
2-0
3-0
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

JANKOVIC DEF. WOZNIACKI 6-2 6-1

:eek: Wow! This was just pure overpowering from Jankovic. She avenges her exhibition loss to Wozniacki in style! Her QF against Venus should be a very hard-hitting affair!

Shafanovic.
Ohh I don't know about that, I beat you last time...

Lord Jinxy
Ouchy!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
:eek: CARO!!! :hug:

Well done from Jankovic though 2 dominant matches in a row! :bowdown:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Anyway... the other Chris is older than me =_=", I'm probably the youngest here.

Lord Jinxy
I'VE BEEN STACKED!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: :sad::sad::sad::sad:

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://dallassports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/s082795a.jpg Vs. http://www.swiatvipa.pl/zdjecia/178/2831.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Radwanska
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
4-2
5-2
5-3
5-4
6-4

RADWANSKA LEADS S. WILLIAMS 6-4

Slutati
OMG janković is still crazy :lol:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
:hug: :hug:

Lord Jinxy
Go Go Aga!!!!!!!!!

Shafanovic.
Papercut, who are you in this game? :confused:

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Tati of course:hearts:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://dallassports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/s082795a.jpg Vs. http://www.swiatvipa.pl/zdjecia/178/2831.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Radwanska
1-1
2-1 S. Williams
3-1
3-2
3-3
4-3 S. Williams
5-3
6-3

RADWANSKA AND S. WILLIAMS ARE TIED 6-4 3-6

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Ohhh rightio.. You were one of the good ones in the exo... :scared:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Fight Aga Fight!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm going for Serena!!!! :rocker:

Slutati
Ohhh rightio.. You were one of the good ones in the exo... :scared:
Not really.I lost 6:0,6:2 to Janković:lol:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Anyway... the other Chris is older than me =_=", I'm probably the youngest here.

How old are you?

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
GOLD COAST R16

SET 3

1-0 Radwanska
1-1
2-1 Radwanska
2-2
3-2 Radwanska
4-2
5-2
5-3
6-3

RADWANSKA DEF. S. WILLIAMS 6-4 3-6 6-3

Aga gets off to a great start here in Gold Coast, despite not playing any exhibitions last week. A really great match- just a few tweaks here and there and Serena will be a force to be reckoned with.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
How old are you?

15. :lol: Are you younger than me? :eek:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Not really.I lost 6:0,6:2 to Janković:lol:

But I lost to you AND Jankovic :lol:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
AGA-AGA-AGA!! OI-OI-OI!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Jankovic is really good... She might even dominate :scared: Please let Maria win the first title :angel:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://k53.pbase.com/o4/94/546394/1/64702994.NMq90zke._DSC0792copy2.jpg Vs. http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4782179

SET 1

1-0 Ivanovic
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

IVANOVIC LEADS DULKO 6-0

ViennaCalling
Jankovic is really good... She might even dominate :scared: Please let Maria win the first title :angel:

The only thing you will win is a warmly handshake with Tamira after our match :devil: :p

Shafanovic.
Who's Aga?

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
15. :lol: Are you younger than me? :eek:

14 :p almost the same 9th grade 15 iin august

Shafanovic.
Thank you Tami! I would love a handshake with you

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://k53.pbase.com/o4/94/546394/1/64702994.NMq90zke._DSC0792copy2.jpg Vs. http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4782179

SET 2

1-0 Ivanovic
1-1
2-1
3-1
4-1
4-2
4-3
4-4
5-4 Dulko
6-4

IVANOVIC AND DULKO ARE TIED 6-0 4-6

Lord Jinxy
Aga Ragdancer.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
I'm 16 in August. What date!?

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
31st

Slutati
I'm 17 in August:DAugust rules

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

SET 3

1-0 Dulko
2-0
3-0
3-1*
4-1
5-1
6-1

DULKO DEF. IVANOVIC 0-6 6-4 6-1

:eek: Ivanovic blows a 6-0 4-1 lead when she looked home and dry.... but kudos to Dulko for digging deep and then going on a nice little tear of her own. Dulko seems to have learnt well from her exhibitions last week.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'm on the 18th

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
OMG so close to Papercut!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Lets make an August FED CUP TEAM!

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/10Sun/Schnyder7723.jpg Vs. http://dontcostnothing.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/wimbledon_tatianagolovin2.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Golovin
2-0
3-0
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

GOLOVIN LEADS SCHNYDER 6-1

lucho_coria
Dulko:worship::worship::worship:

Shafanovic.
Anyway.. Ivanovic too strong in the first set and beginning of the second!

Slutati
C'mon Tati:rocker2:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/10Sun/Schnyder7723.jpg Vs. http://dontcostnothing.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/wimbledon_tatianagolovin2.jpg

SET 1

1-0* Schnyder
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

GOLOVIN AND SCHNYDER ARE TIED 6-1 1-6

Lord Jinxy
Come On Tatters!!

Shafanovic.
Lets make an August FED CUP TEAM!

Yeh!! Lets. So many August in my family. Me, my mum, cousin, uncle, another uncle.. etc.etc. Anyone else born in August?

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
OMG so close to Papercut!
I actually turn 17 on August the 16th.So, yeah pretty close:D

Shafanovic.
Have a feeling Tati will win!

Shafanovic.
And then Sharapova def. Paszek!! :devil:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
GOLD COAST R16

SET 3

1-0 Schnyder
1-1
2-1 Golovin
2-2
3-2 Golovin
4-2
4-3
5-3
6-3

GOLOVIN DEF. SCHNYDER 6-1 1-6 6-3

Topsy-turvy first two sets, but it was Golovin who had the better placement in the third. Tati is looking dangerous.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Ohh yeh.. For all SPRWTA players, do you want me to cancel the doubles tourney? Because no one is really commited... Maybe I should try it in Miami? :confused:

champion88
Bottom half soon :devil:

Slutati
:woohoo:Tati:kiss:
Patty:hug:

Shafanovic.
Nice work Tati!!! :rocker2:

ViennaCalling
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
And when is soon? Im tired right now, because the party yesterday lasted too long :help:

Shafanovic.
Bottom half means.. SHARAPOVA!

Lord Jinxy
SAID OOW AH TATIA! SAID OOW AH TATIA!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Shafanovic.
C'mon Tamira.. Be tired.. It's okay if you lose to Sharapova right... MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
:banana: :dance: :tennis:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:15 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://www.maria-sharapova-web.com/photos/Maria_Sharapova_1.jpg Vs. http://p3.focus.de/img/gen/X/f/HBXf0KXK_Pxgen_r_311xA.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Sharapova
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

SHARAPOVA LEADS PASZEK 6-0

ViennaCalling
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Well, that´s not surprising :yawn:

Thanks champion88 for make the Live Scores now :kiss: :hug:

Shafanovic.
Owww!!!

Shafanovic.
Let's see how you go in the second and third sets

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Please let it be another dominant match :angel:

ViennaCalling
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Never :devil:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
You never know :angel:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
1-0 Paszek
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
5-1
5-2
5-3
5-4
5-5
6-5 Sharapova
7-5

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
You let a 5-0 lead blow... *shakes head* :woohoo:

ViennaCalling
:help: Tamira :o

I will change my points a little bit i guess :angel:

Congrats Maria :yeah:

Shafanovic.
Of course no one can stop her.. :rocker2:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
:hug: Tamira :hug:

At least I get that handshake with you huh..

lucho_coria
Is there to change the points for the next round??

Lord Jinxy
MARIA!! SHE JUST MET A GIRL NAMED MARIA!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce:

:hug::hug:TAMMERS:hug::hug::hug:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Article of Maria Sharapova.. Coming soon only at the movies.

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1434/chakhobart07atl8.jpg Vs. http://www.tennis.info/images/Nasdaq4/02Tue/Harkleroad7963.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Chakvetadze
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

CHAKVETADZE LEADS HARKLEROAD 6-1

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Is there to change the points for the next round??

No- you keep the same points throughout the whole tournament :)

champion88
GOLD COAST R16

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1434/chakhobart07atl8.jpg Vs. http://www.tennis.info/images/Nasdaq4/02Tue/Harkleroad7963.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Harkleroad
1-1
2-1 Harkleroad
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

CHAKVETADZE AND HARKLEROAD ARE TIED 6-1 1-6

Shafanovic.
Good lead Chaki!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
And now tied... =_="

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
My signature is edited. With my special game on it :angel:

Adn this game, because I like it because I win! :rocker:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
GOLD COAST R16

SET 3

1-0 Harkleroad
1-1
2-1 Harkleroad
2-2
3-2 Chakvetadze
4-2
5-2
6-2

CHAKVETADZE DEF. HARKLEROAD 6-1 1-6 6-2

Surprising, seeing as Ash had a pretty good record in the exhibitions last week. Like Radwanska, Chak scores an impressive win despite not having played exhibitions last week. Well done!

Lord Jinxy
BOOM CHAKA-CHAKA-CHAKA BOOM!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

champion88
My signature is edited. With my special game on it :angel:

Adn this game, because I like it because I win! :rocker:

Thanks Chris :rocker:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks Chris :rocker:

That's alright CHRIS :lol:

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/7/1/C/2006-us-open-2.jpg Vs. http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.fa6c740866d64607b77d58bca9e67656.australia_wo mens_hardcourt_tennis_xck110.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Dementieva
1-1*
2-1 Peer
3-1
4-1
4-2
4-3
4-4
5-4 Peer
5-5
6-5 Dementieva
6-6
7-6(18)* Dementieva :eek:

DEMENTIEVA LEADS PEER 7-6(18)

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
7-6 (18)!!!!! How did that happen?

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
GOLD COAST R16

http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/7/1/C/2006-us-open-2.jpg Vs. http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080103/capt.fa6c740866d64607b77d58bca9e67656.australia_wo mens_hardcourt_tennis_xck110.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Dementieva
1-1
2-1 Dementieva
2-2
3-2 Dementieva
3-3
4-3* Peer
5-3
6-3

DEMENTIEVA AND PEER ARE TIED 7-6(18) 3-6

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
You know you want to do the Quarterfinals today...

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
GOLD COAST R16

SET 3

1-0 Dementieva
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
4-2
5-2
5-3
6-3

DEMENTIEVA DEF. PEER 7-6(18) 3-6 6-3

What a first set!! :eek: Dementieva saved 8 set points, before taking on her 6th set point with a lucky net-cord :tape: Peer did well to rebound in the second. But Dementieva was too good in the third, going ahead early and never letting Peer back into it. Dementieva could go far here this week! (CT order didn't affect result- would have been Dementieva def. Peer 6-4 3-6 6-3 if Dementieva had won 1st CT)

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
If you don't, I will seduce you into it ;)

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
E-LENA WOOH-OH-OH-OH!! E-LENA WOOH-OH-OH-OH!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'm playing against Golovin now... :scared: She beat me last week!

champion88
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Updated draw:-

V. Williams Vs. Jankovic
Radwanska Vs. Dulko
Golovin Vs. Sharapova
Chakvetadze Vs. Dementieva

If I get articles by 4 of the quarter-finalists I might do the QFs later :angel:

Lord Jinxy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Okey dokey!!

I's off for a bath.

Thanks for live score.

Champion our Maurice:yeah:

sees y'all later.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
C'mon Quarterfinalists... Write your articles... If not I will have to seduce Chris into doing it.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
And whoever writes the best article should win all the cointosses, unless it's Golovin... :devil:

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
I'm playing Sharapova:rolleyes:NO:sad:

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
And whoever writes the best article should win all the cointosses, unless it's Golovin... :devil:
:lol:you bitch!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I know I am :p

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Well, it takes one to know one:haha::haha:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
True!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
My article is almost done! :D

lucho_coria
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Gisela gave the first step

http://gersuk.googlepages.com/dulko_rg.jpg

The Argentine tennis player Gisela Dulko made début successfully in Gold Coast's tilt on having
conquered the Serbian Ana Ivanovic in 3 sets: 0-6 6-4 6-1.

Gisela mended an incredible match since it she was losing 6-0 4-1 but the tennis of the Argentine one appeared to give turned the scoreboard.

In Declarations after the match Gisela spoke about her rival: " She is a very good player and if I want to win her I have to play my better tennis "
Also to speak about her victory: " It is a very important victory, it(he,she) gives me many confidence to face the rest of the tournament "

Now the tennis player of Tiger will face for the quarters to Agniezka Radwanska, which gave the surprise on having triumphed before the American Serena Williams in 3 sets.

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Golovin happy with performance

http://www.futuretennisstars.com/images/players/Tatiana%20Golovin.gif

France's Tatiana Golovin scored her first win in the OWTT tour by beating Swiss Patty Schnyder 6:1,1:6,6:3.The talented 20 year old started the match stronger than her opponent and won the first set 6:1.It looked like the Frenchwoman is going to storm through the match, but Patty rebounded and took the second set by the same score.This meant the players were locked by one set a piece and we were looking forward to a thrilling thrid set.The players were tied until 2-2, but after that Tatiana took the lead and never looked back.
"Yeah I'm happy with my performance today, I think I played some good tennis, especially in the first and third set.I was a bit nervous before the match, because Patty beat me in the exhibition by a pretty comfortable score, so I tried to change my tactics a bit this time. I guess it worked," said the smiling Frenchwoman.
"Maria is a very tough player, so I don't know what to expect.She was the winner of the exhibitioun tournament, so I don't know...But I was actually one of the two players that beat her, so it gives me confidence, that I could hopefully do it again this time.Of course I'm looking forward to the match,"added Tatiana on her QF opponent Maria Sharapova.

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Maria Sharapova Serves It Up In Goldcoast

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/01/24/sports/24open.1.600.jpg

Sharapova has won her first match in Goldcoast, after coming off a good exhibition week at Hong Kong. The first 2 matches of the day were the round of 32 matches where Sharapova was lucky enough not to have to play two matches because she got a bye. In the round of 16, whe played against young Austrian Tamira Paszek, whom she beat in Hong Kong 1-6 6-4 6-0. But this time, whe got the upperhand in the first set.

She dominated throughout the first set, losing only 4 points, taking it 6-0. She had 15 winners, 1 unforced error and 3 aces and no double faults. She won the first set, when she chased down a drop shot by Tamira Paszek and hits a forehand crosscourt.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/369643115_47d603022d_o.jpg

Feeling a little too confident, in the beginning of the second set, Sharapova's shots were going everywhere, hitting them out and shaky serves gave her a few double faults. She was 0-5 down and called Chris (her trainer) at the change over. And it seemed to help her, going back to her 1st set form, she won the next 5 games to level it 5-5. It was then Sharapova's serve and Paszek had the advantage and led 15-40, but Sharapova fired down 2 aces in a row and a backhand crosscourt winner to bring it back to deuce. She won the next point when Paszek hit an out lob, and Sharapova won the game to take the lead, when Paszek netted a forehand.

The next game was all Sharapova's as she led 0-40 and had three match points, Paszek then double faulted to give Sharapova the match and set up a showdown with Tatiana Golovin of France.

http://krikor.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/sharapova_au_open.jpg

Maria Sharapova Interview after the match

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/79203975.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C16A5DCA810F7CFC0F901F7488B0AD03 284831B75F48EF45

Congratulations Maria
Thank you

You like having the interview out here or on the court or would you rather the press conference?
Well, actually, it's kind of annoying on court, because you were just playing on the for however long and you have to wait again to do the interview, but I don't mind it, I like talking to the fans. I don't mind the press conference either, but I don't like the surroundings, with everyone in the tiny room, not much space you know, but I love this.. I think this is fun, a change of environment, it's always good.

You played really well in the first set, what happened at the beginning of that second set?
I did play well in the first set, but I think after winning that first set to love, you know, I got a little too cocky, a little too confident. So I let her back in the match, and you know, I didn't give her a lot of credit, and I was wrong, you know.. She was a little shaky in the first set and I got the better of it. And she got the better of me in the second set.

So what are you gonna do to celebrate?
Well I usually eat dinner you know, at a restaurant. But you know, I'm hoping that the beautiful, sexy and masculine Chris(champion88) will let me play my Quarterfinal match today.

What are your thoughts on the next match?
Against Golovin?
Well, I know that she's a good player. She beat me last week, but as I said before, every match is a new match. But I'm sure she will come in the match with a bit more confidence and hopefully I can just concentrate on what's happening on my side of the net and she can worry about hers.

You know Golovin?
Well.. a little bit, but I know that her trainer was born in August, and so is mine so eh :p

Well good luck Maria and we will talk to you, later or tomorrow.
Thank you.

lucho_coria
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
You can understand the article??
sorry for my english!!

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Mine took a while... =_="

Droolv
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Sam :( Good opening match though :yeah:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
I put so much effort into mine.

One more article to go.. or otherwise, my article is as much as two articles.. so, quarterfinals?

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Well I usually eat dinner you know, at a restaurant. But you know, I'm hoping that the beautiful, sexy and masculine Chris(champion88) will let me play my Quarterfinal match today.

LOL:haha::haha:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Of course. Maria loves him.. .:)

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/tennis/wimbledon07/Day3/golovin01.jpgVShttp://www.tennis.explained.org.uk/images/sharapova_backhand.jpg

Slutati
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
sorry for my english!!
It's cool:yeah:

Shafanovic.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Have we done enough Chris? :angel:

E.Dementieva_FAN
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I won't write article! :woohoo::devil:

Fretchap
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I suck :o

zvonarevarulz
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Chakvetadze Advances
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3201/full_getty-72447115wj123_australian_op_10_54_04_pm.jpg

Russian Anna Chakvetadze stepped on center court for the first time in her career today in Gold Coast and took on american Ashley Harkleroad. The match started out i Chakvetadze's favor as she took the first set 6-1, dropping only 6 points. However Harkleroad would come storming back as she fired 5 aces and hit 15 winners to take the second set 6-1. Things continued in the americans favor as she broke to go up 2-1 in the third. But at 30 all in that game Harkleroad hit a double fault, her first, to give Chakvetadze a break point. Chakvetadze suddenly began playing like she had in the first set, dropping only 1 more point, and sealed the match with an ace.
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3201/full_getty-72447115wj120_australian_op_10_52_51_pm.jpg
"I'm very happy with my win today, I think in the first and third sets I played really well, however there are some things I need to work on if I'm going to win my next match. I also want to say that the tour director is doing a great job, and I hope he continues to do so"

Shafanovic.
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Nice Article!

zvonarevarulz
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM

Fretchap
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'm really mad, If I write an article, it will be a bitchy one :devil: :lol: :mad:

zvonarevarulz
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:31 AM
:haha:

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the articles guys - especially long one from Maria!

And thanks to Anna for the compliment - I hope to run this game really well!!

QFs in 5 mins if people are round, seeing as it is technically the next day in a few mins lol :p

Who is around??

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I'm really mad, If I write an article, it will be a bitchy one :devil: :lol: :mad:

Bitchy articles are what make the tour so fun, so do your worst Ree :devil:

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Doubles Draw

Paszek/Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder/Ivanovic Vs. Chakvetadze/Hantuchova
Sharapova/Stosur Vs. S. Williams/Rezai
Radwanska/Wozniacki Vs. Bye

lucho_coria
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Doubles Draw

Paszek/Dulko Vs. Bye
Schnyder/Ivanovic Vs. Chakvetadze/Hantuchova
Sharapova/Stosur Vs. S. Williams/Rezai
Paszek/Dulko Vs. Bye

two times paszek/dulko???

Droolv
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Maria please send our doubles points :angel:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:26 AM
^^
Is doubles now?

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:36 AM
two times paszek/dulko???

oops!! Edited!

QF Doubles coming up

DefyingGravity
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Doubles...come on Serezai!

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:49 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/10Sun/Schnyder7723.jpg http://k53.pbase.com/o4/94/546394/1/64702994.NMq90zke._DSC0792copy2.jpg

Vs.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1434/chakhobart07atl8.jpg http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_hantuchova_037_getty_j_finney.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Schnyder/Ivanovic
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

SCHNYDER/IVANOVIC LEAD CHAKVETADZE/HANTUCHOVA 6-0

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:51 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/10Sun/Schnyder7723.jpg http://k53.pbase.com/o4/94/546394/1/64702994.NMq90zke._DSC0792copy2.jpg

Vs.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1434/chakhobart07atl8.jpg http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_hantuchova_037_getty_j_finney.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Schnyder/Ivanovic
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

SCHNYDER/IVANOVIC DEF. CHAKVETADZE/HANTUCHOVA 6-0 6-0 :tape: :o

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.maria-sharapova-web.com/photos/Maria_Sharapova_1.jpg http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/20/samanthastosur_narrowweb__300x423,0.jpg

Vs.

http://dallassports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/s082795a.jpg http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9375/l2314720wp7.jpg

SET 1

1-0 S.Williams/Rezai
1-1
2-1 S.Williams/Rezai
2-2
3-2 Sharapova/Stosur
3-3
4-3 S.Williams/Rezai
5-3
6-3

S.WILLIAMS/REZAI LEAD SHARAPOVA/STOSUR 6-3

DefyingGravity
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Schnydovic...wow!

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.maria-sharapova-web.com/photos/Maria_Sharapova_1.jpg http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/20/samanthastosur_narrowweb__300x423,0.jpg

Vs.

http://dallassports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/s082795a.jpg http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9375/l2314720wp7.jpg

SET 2

1-0* Sharapova/Stosur
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

S.WILLIAMS/REZAI AND SHARAPOVA/STOSUR ARE TIED 6-3 1-6

DefyingGravity
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Serezai! Fight for this third set!

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
GOLD COAST QF

Vs.

SET 3

1-0 Sharapova/Stosur
2-0
2-1
2-2
3-2 Sharapova/Stosur
3-3
4-3* S. Williams/Rezai
4-4
5-4 Sharapova/Stosur
6-4

SHARAPOVA/STOSUR DEF. S.WILLIAMS/REZAI 3-6 6-1 6-4

Droolv
:woohoo:

Great win Sam/Maria :yeah:

DefyingGravity
Grr...

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:07 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070829/070829_venus_vmed_4p.widec.jpg Vs. http://tennisgirls.greatestpictures.nl/jankovic/14.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Jankovic
2-0
2-1
2-2
3-2 V.Williams
4-2
5-2
6-2

V.WILLIAMS LEADS JANKOVIC 6-2

Fretchap
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Totally sucks, cause of a CT :(

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hantuchovtadze :taped:

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:14 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070829/070829_venus_vmed_4p.widec.jpg Vs. http://tennisgirls.greatestpictures.nl/jankovic/14.jpg

SET 2

1-0 Jankovic
2-0
2-1
2-2
3-2 Jankovic
4-2
4-3
4-4
5-4 Jankovic
5-5
6-5 V.Williams
7-5

V.WILLIAMS DEF. JANKOVIC 6-2 7-5

Well, Venus wins the battle of the big hitters here. Jelena goes down in straights but fought well in the second- she had her chances at 4-2 up but failed to capitalise. Venus is looking very very good right now.

Fretchap
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Article coming, I'm definetely gonna bitch everything I can :mad:

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Totally sucks, cause of a CT :(

CT didn't affect it- just kept you in the 3rd a bit longer actually :p

Fretchap
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:19 AM
CT didn't affect it- just kept you in the 3rd a bit longer actually :p

You weren't obligated to say that ... :lol:

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:20 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.swiatvipa.pl/zdjecia/178/2831.jpg Vs. http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4782179

SET 1

1-0 Radwanska
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0

RADWANSKA LEADS DULKO 6-0

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:22 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://www.swiatvipa.pl/zdjecia/178/2831.jpg Vs. http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4782179

SET 2

1-0 Dulko
2-0
2-1
3-1
3-2
4-2
5-2
5-3
5-4
5-5
6-5 Dulko
6-6
7-6(4) Dulko

RADWANSKA AND DULKO ARE TIED 6-0 6-7(4)

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM
GOLD COAST QF

SET 3

1-0 Dulko
2-0
2-1
3-1
4-1
4-2
4-3
5-3
6-3

DULKO DEF. RADWANSKA 0-6 7-6(4) 6-3

Dulko did well to rebound after the first set drubbing. Radwanska almost pulled off the win, fighting back from 2-5 in the second to force breaker, but Dulko held tough and onc ahead in the final set, never looked back. Dulko v. Williams semi - should be interesting!

lucho_coria
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Yesss!!!!

Sorry Radwanska

champion88
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:27 AM
GOLD COAST QF

http://dontcostnothing.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/wimbledon_tatianagolovin2.jpg Vs. http://www.maria-sharapova-web.com/photos/Maria_Sharapova_1.jpg

SET 1

1-0 Golovin
2-0
3-0*
3-1
4-1
5-1
6-1

GOLOVIN LEADS SHARAPOVA 6-1

Lord Jinxy
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:28 AM