PDA

View Full Version : Observations from Indian Wells

Tenisfin
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I drove out to Indian Wells today and was able to see lots of great tennis including, of course, a one hour practice session of Lindsay's as well as her match against Dulko. For me, the best thing about IW is that there are MANY practice courts on the grounds and you can watch players and their coaches/hitting partners/spouses, etc. from literally a few feet away.

The biggest surprise about Lindsay's practice was how hard her coach was hitting to her. I've seen them together before and he usually approximates the style of the woman she is about to play, but today featured seriously hard hitting from both of them. To me, her footwork seems at or very close to her old standards. She was really "recovering" her feet immediately after striking the ball, which I thought was missing in Australia and the first Fed Cup match. She also spent about 15 minutes (long for her) practicing her serve.

The wind was far worse in the stadium than on the practice court which I'm sure accounted for some of her errors, but overall I thought she looked especially sharp, particularly in dealing with the high winds. I must say, there is an almost majestic quality to her groundstrokes in person which isn't as apparent on TV.

cheo23
Mar 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I drove out to Indian Wells today and was able to see lots of great tennis including, of course, a one hour practice session of Lindsay's as well as her match against Dulko. For me, the best thing about IW is that there are MANY practice courts on the grounds and you can watch players and their coaches/hitting partners/spouses, etc. from literally a few feet away.

The biggest surprise about Lindsay's practice was how hard her coach was hitting to her. I've seen them together before and he usually approximates the style of the woman she is about to play, but today featured seriously hard hitting from both of them. To me, her footwork seems at or very close to her old standards. She was really "recovering" her feet immediately after striking the ball, which I thought was missing in Australia and the first Fed Cup match. She also spent about 15 minutes (long for her) practicing her serve.

The wind was far worse in the stadium than on the practice court which I'm sure accounted for some of her errors, but overall I thought she looked especially sharp, particularly in dealing with the high winds. I must say, there is an almost majestic quality to her groundstrokes in person which isn't as apparent on TV.

Omg thank you Tenisfin!!! And you are absolutely RIGHT about seeing her in Person, which I have :hearts:

Did you get her Autograph?? And are you going to See her matches again???

Nikki
Mar 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for sharing. Its amazing how hard she actually hits the ball. Seeing it in person is totally different to seeing it on tv.

Lindsayfan32
Mar 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the report tenisfin. Please keep them coming and if you have any could you please upload some photos.

Dave.
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Lindsay's cranking up the intensity! :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Thanks for the report. :)

hurricanejeanne
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Interesting note on Adam hitting really hard to her. I'd assume he's trying to get her timing completely back, especially when she plays those really big hitters on tour. It's great to hear that her footwork is improving. Watching in Memphis, it seemed a lot better than it was earlier this season.

Thanks so much for the report! :D

lindsayno1
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
they always clout the ball to each other in practice. i was amazed the first time i saw her - she hits as hard as the blokes sometimes

cheo23
Mar 17th, 2008, 11:08 AM
they always clout the ball to each other in practice. i was amazed the first time i saw her - she hits as hard as the blokes sometimes

She hits as hard as them ALL the time!!!!

Lindsayfanumber1
Mar 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
:)
Thx, Nice report :worship:

Elldee
Mar 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
She hits as hard as them ALL the time!!!!

No.

lindsayno1
Mar 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
no she doesnt...

QUEENLINDSAY
Mar 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
nice report. I've always admire Lindsay strokes and obviously, TV screen doesn't really give any justice at all.

cheo23
Mar 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM
No.

Yes. Even the commentators SAID it :weirdo:

Elldee
Mar 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Yes. Even the commentators SAID it :weirdo:

Must be right then.

matija-seles
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM
cheo23 iS alWAYs RighT, DON't yOu geT It?

joaco
Mar 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM
thanks for the report! keep'em comming