PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage for Indian Wells?

tonythetiger
Mar 13th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Can someone tell me if there is television coverage for this tournament? I have searched forever and I can't find any coverage on ESPN or TTC. Wasn't in on TV last year? Please help!

In The Zone
Mar 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/3/tournament/tv/default.asp

Solitaire
Mar 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Fox sports has taken up the coverage this year starting on March 15.

tonythetiger
Mar 13th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Thanks, but that's unfortunate. I was hoping there would be more coverage since this is a tier 1 event. I don't know if I even have Fox Sports.

slk45
Mar 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
If you have Dish Network, you've got nothing. They don't have Fox Sports Channel, and they only have Fox Sports West if you live in the west. Dish Network is pathetic. :mad:

Even more pathetic is the WTA, which cannot seem to arrange for US coverage of anything except slams. :fiery: They're more occupied with merging with the ATP than with marketing women's tennis.

pcrtennis
Mar 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Any Chinese coverage? CCTV?

drgray
Mar 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
wow, this is like the worst coverage I have ever seen... some days only showing it for one or two hours. not the best commentators... i am disgusted...

jacobruiz
Mar 17th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Wait a minute; are you saying that FSN (which I don't have) is going to be televising all non slam tournaments starting March 15? :eek:

In The Zone
Mar 17th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Wait a minute; are you saying that FSN (which I don't have) is going to be televising all non slam tournaments starting March 15? :eek:

Just IW/Miami. TTC is still around, you know. :lol:

Not quite sure how ESPN is handling Amelia and Charleston. They got rid of Miami and IW so not sure if they got rid of those, too.

cheo23
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
How Can I watch FSN online Please????? :sad:

slk45
Mar 17th, 2008, 11:24 PM
How Can I watch FSN online Please????? :sad: Forget it! We're all screwed!
Another brilliant move by the WTA-ATP management. Dish Network? Forget it unless you live in the area!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Mar 17th, 2008, 11:37 PM
wht channel is Fox Sports

tonythetiger
Mar 18th, 2008, 03:44 AM
wht channel is Fox Sports

In my city, Indianapolis, it's channel 44 on comcast. However, the coverage is like 2:30 am. I was dumb enough to stay up Saturday night and watch some coverage, but never again. Now I can't find any coverage at all. This is so ridiculous. It appears that Miami has the same coverage. What were they thinking?

bjorn_again
Mar 18th, 2008, 05:07 AM
You Americans are not even close to being screwed.

Pay that $70 (or just pay for the tournament) at atpmastersseries.tv and you get to watch the WTA matches.

For the rest of the world, we can't even watch it on that site as it is blocked!

Why the hell would WTA decide to limit atpmastersseries.tv access when they fully know that some of us (e.g. us Canadians) don't get ANY WTA COVERAGE (now that IW and Miami are not covered on TV!) other than the Rogers Cup in Montreal/Toronto!! And no, Quebec City is has next to zero TV coverage here in Canada (only some coverage in Quebec local tv stations and THREE WEEKS taped delayed final.

And don't you guys forget how the WTA website promised the Doha final will be live on their website. That was a bold face lie!!

Larry Scott, you are a joke!

slk45
Mar 18th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I didn't even know there was such a thing as atpmastersseries.tv! Tnx for the info. But you have a good complaint. The ATP matches can be viewed anywhere except Brazil (?), and the WTA matches are only in the US.

Why does the WTA limit its coverage?
a) The WTA management is inept.
b) They have no interest in promoting women's tennis, or in offering anything to its fans.
c) Under Larry Scott's leadership, they have set out on the Road to Oblivion.

TV coverage would seem to be a no-brainer, but the coverage has been diminishing every year for the last 4 or 5 years.

saniapower
Mar 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Last year I saw IW & Miami and all major wta events except the slams on Zee Sports. But this year they are not showing a single wta event :mad:

CCCP1
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:51 AM
isn't eurosport showing it?

gumoll
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:00 AM
ES today from 10:30 pm - 11:30 pm

of course not live :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
wont be much coverage now on ES as Ice Skating World Champs takes preference
always get annoyed when that happens, i like to see both and wish the ice skating was on next week instead.

Jorn
Mar 18th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I just checked on Eurosport Swedish web, they has ES showing the Finals LIVE Sunday night, I thought the womens Final was Saturday?

Thursday ES show 3 QFs Live and Delayed.

johnoo
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I thought the womens Final was Saturday?

I'm really confused because I thought it was saturday 22nd but like you say eurosport has it live on the 23rd,sunday http://yahoo.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule_clng2_day5.shtml
I'm sure its the 22nd and I think we are stuffed for live coverage on ES:(

Rerun
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
any streaming?

bengt
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yeahhh, I'm not finding any livestreams online now...dieing to see Daniela's match...grmbl
Anyone?

Dodoboy.
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
No streaming until tommorow on Myp2p

Dodoboy.
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:30 PM
will there be any women single matches tommorow as ALL the 4R matches are today?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
On the tournament site, it says that the final is Sunday.

Tuesday: R4
Wednesday: QF
Thursday: QF
Friday: SF

Ingokoer
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Eurosport is showing LIVE Tennis in a few minutes, Sharapova vs. Bondarenko :bounce:

slamchamp
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
livestream???

amfiq
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I've found this one..
mms://89.165.156.131:8091/

cheo23
Mar 19th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I've found this one..
mms://89.165.156.131:8091/

Are they Showing Lindsay's Match????

Jorn
Mar 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Today they said on Eurosport they show the Final on Sunday at 20:15 cet (EU Summer time) LIVE

Will there be any Live streams today for the two QFs? as ES show them tape delayed tomorrow..

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Sveta vs Aga is live on ES2 in 10 mins

Shoulderpova
Mar 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Eggy, please do some pbp scores if you're gonna watch :awww:

Ingokoer
Mar 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Eurosport 2 LIVE Stream is here:

mms://media.caucasus.net/station9

slamchamp
Mar 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
but they¡'re not showing tennis

Ingokoer
Mar 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
They show Tennis, I can see it, it is very slow connection but I can see Kuznetsova-Radwanska. maybe you saw an advertisment break?

matty
Mar 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Eurosport 2 LIVE Stream is here:

mms://media.caucasus.net/station9

Thanks-i mean for me it's real choppy, but i haven't been able to get ANYTHING so far except for ATP (no thanks)-so thanks again!

FrOzon
Mar 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
They show Tennis, I can see it, it is very slow connection but I can see Kuznetsova-Radwanska. maybe you saw an advertisment break?

It always gets stuck at 16% or 22%... I can't see anything :shrug:

matty
Mar 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM
It always gets stuck at 16% or 22%... I can't see anything :shrug:

yah, me too. I got excited it seemed to work for 1 minute, but now it's worthless.

If the USTA wonders why tennis isn't very popular anymore, it's because the fans can't even watch the flippin matches, let alone any new potential fans or future wannabe pros!!!
Little kids get into sports by watching champions celebrate their wins on TV-that's why i got into tennis, gymnastics, ski-racing etc. when I was a kid. How can they inspire a new generation of tennis players when the kids can't even watch any of the pros on TV???!!!!
:(
I am so frustrated-I have not been able to watch even one WTA match.

roelc
Mar 20th, 2008, 02:27 AM
does anyone have a link for the maria-daniela match lateron?

I do hope so!!!

slk45
Mar 20th, 2008, 03:37 AM
yah, me too. I got excited it seemed to work for 1 minute, but now it's worthless.

If the USTA wonders why tennis isn't very popular anymore, it's because the fans can't even watch the flippin matches, let alone any new potential fans or future wannabe pros!!!Little kids get into sports by watching champions celebrate their wins on TV-that's why i got into tennis, gymnastics, ski-racing etc. when I was a kid. How can they inspire a new generation of tennis players when the kids can't even watch any of the pros on TV???!!!!
:(
I am so frustrated-I have not been able to watch even one WTA match.

This is the WTA's ineptitude. Except for their own tournaments (US Open Series), the USTA only promotes tennis at the local level.

onionknight
Mar 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
FSN's coverage is terrible! last night they just showed reruns of nadal/tsonga, gasquet/blake, and fish/hewitt instead of showing the live match between sharapova and hantuchova. the focus is definitely on men's matches, and the times they listed on the pacific life open website don't match up -__-

TO newbie
Mar 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
does anyone have live stream for today's Friday afternoon in east for sharapova matach ????