PDA

View Full Version : Is Lindsay really a Republican?

cheo23
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
In GM, Some people Claim that she is!!!!! But I don't think so!!!!!! Any Links to prove if she is or isn't???? Someone as Smart as Lindsay Cannot possibly be REpublican!!!! And she's also GOOD friends with Lisa who is a Lesbian!!!!

Michael!
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
A reublican can be smart, too! ;)

Dave.
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
There's nothing dumb about being a republican. As far as I know, she is. There was an article about her in Ace magazine in 2004. Here is what she said about the elections in 2004,

"I'm a huuuuge republican, so I'm a very big Bush fan. But I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the war on Iraq and how that's turned out. That would definetely make me vote for whoever the democratic nominee was, but Kerry doesn't really do it for me either. I think I might just abstain because I'm not really keen on either of them at this point"

"I grew up a republican. My parents were republican, so I grew up with that party in mind. I think Bush does a great job with the war on terrorism. After 9/11 you really have confidence in his ability to do that. But everything else: the economy's not doing great and he's spending more and more money in Iraq. I didn't agree with the war anyway. It doesn't sound like the evidence was there."

Later in the article, about her future, she says, "There's no way I'm playing in 2006. I can definetely say that."

Lindsay:haha:

LindsayRulz
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
"I'm a very big Bush fan. But I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the war on Iraq and how that's turned out."

"I think Bush does a great job with the war on terrorism."

She kind of contradicts herself? :scratch:

I may be wrong, but I think that some of Lindsay's friends are also republican (MJF, Pam)

LDF
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Later in the article, about her future, she says, "There's no way I'm playing in 2006. I can definetely say that."

Classic Lindsay :lol:

pilou
Mar 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
"I'm a very big Bush fan. But I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the war on Iraq and how that's turned out."

"I think Bush does a great job with the war on terrorism."

She kind of contradicts herself? :scratch:

I may be wrong, but I think that some of Lindsay's friends are also republican (MJF, Pam)

NO she's against the war in Irak but she's against terrorsim too

hurricanejeanne
Mar 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Ah, that's our Lindsay. :lol:

I don't hold her political choices against her though. :shrug:

cheo23
Mar 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
MJF is Not REpublican, and Lisa Raymond, I would not Expect her to a be a Lesbian REpublican!!!! :tape:

lindsayno1
Mar 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
lol does it really matter?!!

The Daviator
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Her family is republican and she was raised republican, but she seems like a moderate since she did say she would vote for a democrat in the interview, anyway, her political views don't matter.

Dave.
Mar 6th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Exactly. That was 4 years ago she could have changed her views since then. All political standings have their plus sides and minus sides, so it really doesn't matter.

Elldee
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I imagine she'd vote for Obama.

mike/topgun
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
It doesn't matter? She's a wealthy SoCal native white young mother etc. she could be voting for any1, that's not why I'm her fan after all.;p

dybbuk
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Doesn't really matter, but I do imagine if she was already starting to lean left 4 years ago, she's moved even farther since then. :lol:

Tenisfin
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I'm somewhat skeptical of that Aces article. I know it's pathetic, but I recently went to a political website which shows contributions and she and her husband had given a couple thousand to Obama. They also appear to have some very liberal friends. I'm not buying the Republican thing. . . .

cheo23
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I'm somewhat skeptical of that Aces article. I know it's pathetic, but I recently went to a political website which shows contributions and she and her husband had given a couple thousand to Obama. They also appear to have some very liberal friends. I'm not buying the Republican thing. . . .

Show us the Link for Validity please!!!!

Tenisfin
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:34 AM
The website is Democratic Underground and the link to find out who donated and to whom comes up every few days in the upper right on their homepage. I feel like an obsessed freak replying to this thread, but since I was asked to clarify. . . . .

kittyking
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I can't see Lindsay every standing for office, she seems alittle too satisfied with the world. However is she a Republican, yes.

kittyking
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Show us the Link for Validity please!!!!

So you don't trust 'Ace' Magazine which has a fair amount of readers worldwide yet you wan't to trust some Underground Democrat Website :confused:

Look if Lindsay's political views are Republican then so what, its nothing to criticize her over. Be glad she's not a radical (want a list of them?)

cheo23
Mar 7th, 2008, 08:05 AM
The website is Democratic Underground and the link to find out who donated and to whom comes up every few days in the upper right on their homepage. I feel like an obsessed freak replying to this thread, but since I was asked to clarify. . . . .

Do you think You could find it for me??? I need hard proof!!! Thanks :kiss: Thank god She's not supporting a republican nominee!!!!!

And Kittyking, please stfu and be involved in NEw zealand politics, and have yourself some VEGEMITE!!!

Elldee
Mar 7th, 2008, 08:53 AM
There's no way the quotes from Ace aren't true. As much as I love Lindsay and think she speaks well on a great number of topics, I don't necessarily think she knows enough about politics and the ins and outs of the Iraq war to judge it in the public arena; she seems more anti-war than anything else - there isn't a lot of substance to her comments; just because they didn't find WoMD, doesn't mean it was wholly unjustified.