PDA

View Full Version : Acura Classic

King Aaron
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:32 AM
Hey..:D i think this can be a place where we discuss everything about Anna during a tourny, no holds barred (sp?)

okay ?? :D

King Aaron
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:33 AM
I think Anna had a fine win yesterday.. after the losses to Monica, Lindsay, etc.

To me she got through it pretty well..:D

I trhink she can take out Elena .. :D

Irish
Jul 31st, 2002, 05:15 PM
Anna almost won the first set and the final game went to deuce twice. Irvin is known for being really strong in the first set so Anna did very well. She came out very strong in the second and third sets and Irvin is a very good hardcourter playing her homestate (mine too).

If she comes into her match confident with Elena, she will do well. She has to have the same fire in her.

Go Anna!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

V.Melb
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:00 AM
Congrats Anna :kiss:
With these nice results you will be in top 20 for a long time to come!
Keep it up! :D

Irish
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:37 AM
V.Melb, you are always so nice. :) Did you have another username before?

Aaron, I sent you a PM of the match.

Anna started out really well and I was impressed with how she handled the first set. She 'could have' won the second set but Elena fought hard in the last three games. The third set was 'tied' the whole time and Anna ran away with the tiebreak, 7-2. I haven't had time to see what her tiebreak stats are as I am curious.

Great win Anna over a strong player. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck against Conchita or Anna K.

Mitzi
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:56 AM
Go Anna! And move to the semis! :bounce:

King Aaron
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:29 AM
Kerry, got it :D

thanx for the info and I think Anna will stand a better chance against Anna !

What do you guys think ??

Nimi
Aug 1st, 2002, 03:19 PM
That match was sooo tuff for me, I just looooove both players, but i rooted for Anna slightly more, since shes my country mate.

Good win Anna! :bounce:
Graet Matche Elena :D

Irish
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:14 AM
I sure hope Anna can do it this time. I was too shocked with the loss last time. Even Anna K. fans were stunned.

I want our Anna to win this time.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nimi, it was a close match so Elena should be proud. You do have three of your favs still in this tourney.

Win Anna!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Irish
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:52 AM
This was in a report by 'rhz' in the Acura Classic tournament thread.

the smashnova vs dementieva match went on and on and on, smashnova was leading in the 3rd set but it ended up with a tiebreak, anna won it 7-2. And she screamed so hard in satisfaction!

I would have loved to have been there to hear her scream after that long and fought hard for her match. :)

King Aaron
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Looks like it will be battle of the Annas 3 !! :D

I think Anna S can win this one, just keep on hitting those balls back and frustrate Anna K..:D Hope she wins !!

Go Anna !!!!!!

Mitzi
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:11 AM
So what do you think? Can Anna beat Anna K this time?
I remember that earlier this year Anna lost to Dokic somthing like 6-1 6-0 and then a week later she beat Dokic 6-1 6-3, so I can only hope that this will be the case this time.

Irish
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:48 AM
I thought our Anna had her when she was up 6-1 3-1 (when I got off of work). I don't believe it. But, I know she is upset.:sad: :sad:

You'll beat her next time. There is too much fire built up now.

King Aaron
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:11 PM
:sad: :sad: I thought she was soooo going to win !! :sad:
kinda disppointing..:sad:

Nimi
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:12 PM
She had a good way to the final..