Granville into Main Draw now on ranking. Edit options below.
1. How many WCs will there be, in MD? In Qualies?
2. MD possibilities?
- Any "USA" player in Qualies (Osterloh, Ditty, King?, Mattek, Rolle?)
- Osterloh could make it into MD on ranking anway - needs just 3 more withdrawals out of a field of 75.
- Anybody else besides those listed above who might get a MD WC?
3. Qualie draw possibilities?
- Any "USA" player on the Alt List for Qualies (Spears? Kops-Jones? Haynes? Brengle? Perry? Albanese?). Others?
- Spears could make it into Qualies on ranking anway - needs about 9 more withdrawals out of the MD or Qualie field, and these are big fields so it is possible.
- Anybody else besides those listed above who might get a Qualie WC?
Mar 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
^^ Note: any one with a ? after her name may or may not be on the entry list. I'm not sure about those.
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:43 AM
This was reported in GM.
Went googleing and got this.
just got an email from the tourney........
Fish, Ginepri, Young, Isner, King, Rolle, Mattek, Haynes, Brengle and
Oudin Will Vie For The Title
Indian Wells, Calif., Thursday, March 6, 2008 – An impressive group of
American players, including veterans Mardy Fish and Robbie Ginepri and
rising stars Donald Young, John Isner, Vania King, Asha Rolle,
Bethanie Mattek, Angela Haynes, Madison Brengle and Melanie Oudin have
been granted wild cards for the 2008 Pacific Life Open, to be held
March 10-23 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, it was announced today
by tournament director Steve Simon.
Three other players that have been granted wildcards into the event
are former top ten player Mario Ancic and outstanding Juniors Urszula
Radwanska from Poland and Anastasia Pivovarova from Russia.
there is some kind of a pre-qualifcation tournament... maybe she will play there or at least that is what I read in the Bulgarian Kingdom forum...Any ideas where we can find a link to this tournament :scratch:
Yeh i totally agree henrymag. I can tell you i saw asha rolle play in Sydney at the start of the year and she got smashed by Pironkova. There not talented, there overated and overhyped. :lol::lol::lol:
Mar 8th, 2008, 06:20 AM
america hasnt produced any talent in the women's game since the Williams sisters and that's 10 years ago. asha rolle and angela haynes. plz there a joke:lol::lol: