PDA

View Full Version : This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

eugreene2
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
As strange as this may sound, Venus will probably have a great year. History has proven that when Venus starts slowly or is injured or has freakish losses at the beginning of the year, she goes on to do some wonderful things. I'm expecting the same from Venus in '08.

I'm not even upset by this start cuz she's coo coo for coco puffs. She's also the only person who has beaten (actually crushed) Sharapova in '08. Expect Venus to pick it up by Miami and go from there. Just watch.

Sylvester
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Another fan in denial...

Olórin
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Well I guess she can only improve whichever way you look at it.

SharapovaFan16
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:19 PM
As strange as this may sound, Venus will probably have a great year. History has proven that when Venus starts slowly or is injured or has freakish losses at the beginning of the year, she goes on to do some wonderful things. I'm expecting the same from Venus in '08.

I'm not even upset by this start cuz she's coo coo for coco puffs. She's also the only person who has beaten (actually crushed) Sharapova in '08. Expect Venus to pick it up by Miami and go from there. Just watch.

Venus is getting older. Venus is not going to have a great year at all. She won't even win a Grand Slam or make a Grand Slam final. Some fans on here need a serious reality check. The new crop of young players are starting to really make their mark. The WS era of tennis has passed. When did Venus crush Sharapova btw? Are you speaking of an exhibition?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
There's no harm in dreaming.... :lol:

SunriseSunset
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Venus is getting older. Venus is not going to have a great year at all. She won't even win a Grand Slam or make a Grand Slam final. Some fans on here need a serious reality check. The new crop of young players are starting to really make their mark. The WS era of tennis has passed. When did Venus crush Sharapova btw? Are you speaking of an exhibition?

Do you have a crystal ball or psychic powers? I didn't think so:tape:. Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.

People like you are just worried because you know that Venus and Serena will come back this year.

Get Ready.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Where's Dawn Marie?

SharapovaFan16
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Do you have a crystal ball or psychic powers? I didn't think so:tape:. Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.

People like you are just worried because you know that Venus and Serena will come back this year.

Get Ready.

Why would I be worried? Making a prediction based on what I've seen so far this year has nothing to do with psychic powers scrub. My girl already has 1 Grand Slam title this year. Venus' level of play has obviously dropped and her inconsistent play has become more common. Sure she's one of the top 10 players in the world, but she isn't the threat she once was nor will she ever be again.

Direwolf
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
well...
i saw that shes gonna win 3 slams this year..!!!

not sure bout the olympics thoough

Destiny
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I sure hope the rest of the year is good

Come on Venus

up!
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
what about 2004 ?

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM
thats what i was thinking to console my self the past week...

But it is hard to try and call years like that!

I agree though!..this slump won't last long!

bellascarlett
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
:tape: Crush? Sharapova? Crush? When? Where? How?

Is it clear to everyone here it was an exhibition? :lol:

Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.

Ages?! Queen Sharapova just won her third slam...at 20 years old. It's not her you should be seeing as a flop nowadays.

Lucas_Arg
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Shw will win one big tournament like Montreal, but nothing special.

Viktymise
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Why would I be worried? Making a prediction based on what I've seen so far this year has nothing to do with psychic powers scrub. My girl already has 1 Grand Slam title this year. Venus' level of play has obviously dropped and her inconsistent play has become more common. Sure she's one of the top 10 players in the world, but she isn't the threat she once was nor will she ever be again.

She doesn't need to be to beat Sharapova anyway so that's fine.

Aaron.
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Stupid Maria fans :weirdo:

santhuruu
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I am not looking to facts from the history, the fact is Venus needs to stay healthy and have a smart schedule and keep playing on good tennis. I would not be surprised if she had surprise losses at either Miami, Amelia Island or most likely Charleston, since she is playing these three tournaments in a row as well.

eugreene2
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I see Venus finally winning Miami again - first time since 2001

slamchamp
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I see Venus finally winning Miami again - first time since 2001
Like most of you saw venus winning the AO blah blah.. stop guessing which tournaments she'll win, we don't what is gonna happen maybe she wins two slams or she doesn't win a title :shrug:, venus is too unpredictable for that

serenus_2k8
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I dont want to jinx her, but I have really high hopes. Im just glad that she is really showing that she is commited to tennis. It would be easy for her to just hide away from it for a bit but she isnt and that i sproof that shes gna be dangerous this year :D

In The Zone
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Wow, Maria fans are really mean. Simply because Maria's "shoulder healed".

serenus_2k8
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Maria fans think that because she is playing amazing tennis they can disrespect all other players and their fans. How many times must they learn to never call Venus a threat :lol: ?

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Like most of you saw venus winning the AO blah blah.. stop guessing which tournaments she'll win, we don't what is gonna happen maybe she wins two slams or she doesn't win a title :shrug:, venus is too unpredictable for that

:worship:

Well not worship but probavly a reasonable comment!

espresso
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Maria fans think that because she is playing amazing tennis they can disrespect all other players and their fans. How many times must they learn to never call Venus a threat :lol: ?

they're doing the same to Justine :rolleyes: seems like most of them are under the age of 12.

beecharmer
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Too right Venus is too unpredictable, but she certainly hasn't fallen far. She's going to be inconsistent, that's a given, but on a faster surface when she feels good, she is a super threat. And on the slower, higher bouncing grass court of today, Ive never seen a player more suited to a surface.

Also remember, only an inspired Justine prevented her from winning the US Open a few months ago.

jonny84
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Venus did win Wimbledon 2007 rather unexpectedly didnt she? She can have really good spurges of greatness (I know she faced Bartoli in the final - that was not her fault - she did have to beat Sharapova, Ivanovic and Kuzzy to get to the final, and comeback against Alla and Akiko).

frontier
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Venus is the most unpredictable of the top ten players so dont be quick to dismiss her.This loss is nothing to her loyal fans we know the Queen will rise like a phoenix she is.Venus is 27yrs but is more atheletic than say Ana or Maria,she can out run the two her losses have nothing to do with age but mental lapses she has always been like that.I still believe in her ability to deliver,the fact that she still has the desire is encouraging.:p

Nicolás89
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
:cuckoo:

Peterk07
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well, if you're right, then Venus has a really weird way of making a great year to say the least...

misael
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Venus is mostly a classy player, she's been giving credit to her opponents in the last few years and she never complains on court,I don't know why people are so mean to her.And have'nt they learned yet,never count out Venus.

Cakeisgood
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Where's Dawn Marie?

LOL LOL LOL

But I hope she does better. Her suckiness is bringing me down.

SV_Fan
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Looking at stats from over the years I noticed the same thing.

Lin Lin
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM
There's no harm in dreaming.... :lol:
Hebe fan:eek::eek::eek:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:04 AM
:haha: William fans :haha: Sorry, but it's over for Venus. If only she had a coach

serenaforever
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:07 AM
from here there's only one way TO go

Bruno71
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Venus had a pretty slow start to 2006, losing to Pironkova at the AO, and didn't end up doing much that year because of injury. I don't really think she's predictable, but she's always going to be a threat no matter how things seem at any given point.