PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Venus serve and volley?

spotsyboy
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:44 AM
....or fill in the blank "why doesn't venus......................?
I'm sorry she lost today but everyone knows that Venus plays her best tennis when she is aggressive and moving forward. She has been saying for quite a few years now that she was going to start doing this more often but.......you see baseline struggles like this and you have to wonder if she is really cultivating her best natural abilities as a player......
I hope this doesn't sound harsh!!!! I know Vee has a ton of wins still left in her.......but she's just not as threatening to the other players as she used to be - she's not intimidating any of the other players posting a loss like this...........they'll think.....if Petra Kvitova can beat her.............
Any thoughts?

VishaalMaria
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Because she didn't want to, and now she's going home to have some rest. Over. And. Done. With. Let's move on.

sky20748
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:56 AM
No it's not over and done with.If Venus is going to continue to play tennis then she needs to do so with the best of her abilities.she needs to switch up her game and think more on the court.no more is it about rallying and sh-t.its about moving forward,vollying,angles and drop shots.when is she going to learn this.i became a fan of tennis because of her and her sister and i will always love them but they need to get the intimidation factor going again.no one is afraid of them anymore and now that is going to change the program.get aggressive again venus and move forward.hell i am going to write a book saying move forward.maybe she will listen then.dont spend the rest of your tennis career with these stupid loses.because they are stupid.

Uranium
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Venus won't serve and volley because like she said she doesn't like to volley.

VishaalMaria
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:04 AM
No it's not over and done with.If Venus is going to continue to play tennis then she needs to do so with the best of her abilities.she needs to switch up her game and think more on the court.no more is it about rallying and sh-t.its about moving forward,vollying,angles and drop shots.when is she going to learn this.i became a fan of tennis because of her and her sister and i will always love them but they need to get the intimidation factor going again.no one is afraid of them anymore and now that is going to change the program.get aggressive again venus and move forward.hell i am going to write a book saying move forward.maybe she will listen then.dont spend the rest of your tennis career with these stupid loses.because they are stupid.

It is over and done with because I'm sure Venus would have served and volleyed if she wanted to. But she didn't. She's the one that has loads of doubles and singles titles and she's the one that is out there playing not you. It's her choice as to what she thinks is best. Deal with it.

random fan
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Because it is not grass?

Serve_volley
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Um..okay folks, forget Venus for a moment. Better question:

Why doesn't anyone in the women's game serve and volley? Tennis players do realize they're entertainers..right? Athletes entertain, win, spend dubious amounts of prize money on vacations and sparkly cell phones (lol, Jelena.) Just kidding, but seriously, WHERE DID THE NET-RUSHING GO!?

Uranium
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Mauresmo serves and volleys on grass.

Serve_volley
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah well, the grass brings out the best in them..but this amazing feat of net attacks can be achieved on the courts the world knows best: hard and clay. (Kind of makes me wish we had clay courts in new york so i could test my volleys..)

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Venus playing 3 weeks in a row seemed a little much to me. Especially because she is going to be in 3 different countries in 3 weeks (Doha to America to India). I don't get the scheduling, but that is what she planned. I can't wait until she is done playing in Bangalore because she will at least get a 1 and half to 2 week break until Miami.