PDA

View Full Version : Venus Should Really Be Embarassed And Ashamed

lizchris
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
To lose the way she did last week was bad enough, but to lose in the first round of a Tier III tournament?

Why did she even bother showing up?

Renalicious
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Venus needs a rest. And Serena needs to play. What a sad time for the WS.

venus_rulez
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Can you all just shut the fuck up? If it's this bad then don't support her. My goodness. Is it disappointing? Of course. But we heard this same bullshit in 2005 and 2007 and what happened? If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. venus don't need you.

tonythetiger
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Something is clearly wrong.

hablo
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Players have ups and downs.

That's just the way it goes in sports.

It happens even to the best of them.

spencercarlos
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:28 AM
To lose the way she did last week was bad enough, but to lose in the first round of a Tier III tournament?

Why did she even bother showing up?
She should be ashamed and embarassed.. :o
On the other hand i´m pretty happy with this :lol:
As usual fans assuming this was a tanking job... never lose

Renalicious
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM
What was most disappointing was that she had a chance at 30-30, down 3-4 in the third set. If she had won that point she would have a break point. Petra held. But then, Venus failed to hold her own serve and didn't save one single MP.

DONGMEI
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:33 AM
cant believe williams fans are so not supportive to the sisters. cant believe you call yourselves their fans. everyone has a bad patch every now and then. deal with it, or find another hobby for yourselves. :rolleyes:

BigBabeTENNIS
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:34 AM
she must be sick injured take a rest from tennis venus

iPatty
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:35 AM
:hatoff: Way to go, Petra! :rocker2:

Uranium
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:37 AM

:fiery:go away know!!!!:rolleyes:
Vee needs to play better, she needs to show why she is a top player and fast.

Vacant
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:41 AM
She played badly and she's in a slump. Deal with it.

Being a fan means you put up with the highs and the lows. It's only been TWO bad losses. Hardly career-ending.

gmokb
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:44 AM
As a fan I will say I am shock at this loss. I was so sure she would beat this girl. I won't go as far as the poster, but I am still wondering what the hell happen. Oh well, we win some and we lose some, that the name of the game. When is she playing again? See, I am looking forward here.

V-MAC
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Maybe we should start hanging out with Momo's fans. We can relate to what they are going through.

V-MAC
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:46 AM
As a fan I will say I am shock at this loss. I was so sure she would beat this girl. I won't go as far as the poster, but I am still wondering what the hell happen. Oh well, we win some and we lose some, that the name of the game. When is she playing again? See, I am looking forward here.

She is supposed to be playing in Bangalore next week.

Slutati
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:00 AM
There are gazillion threads because Venus lost one fucking match:rolls::rolls:She should not be embarassed nor ashamed cuz she lost.Shit happnes.The girl is not perfect and in tennis anything can happen.Fine maybe she's not playing her best at the moment but she did reach the QF in Australia so you know don't count her out yet.She'll be fine.

RenaSlam.
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
LizChris, shut the hell up.

VishaalMaria
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Oh well. I'm sure Venus is deeply deeply deeply deeply saddened by this loss. :P

hingis-seles
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:41 AM
lizchris, stop trolling.

So Venus has had a bad couple of losses. Name one top player in the history of the game that hasn't at some point in their career.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:11 AM

Why does Venus have to be sick or injured to lose in a tier three. could it just be that her opponent out player her after the first set. There is always an excuse when a William sister loses. I would love to see Venus's fans be gracious losers for a change and stop making excuses.

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Can you all just shut the fuck up? If it's this bad then don't support her. My goodness. Is it disappointing? Of course. But we heard this same bullshit in 2005 and 2007 and what happened? If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. venus don't need you.
What flavor was the Kool-Aid this time?

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:26 AM

i don't even know what you wrote but that siggy!!! :armed:

-VSR-
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Appearance fee. :drool:

Morrissey
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I think the losses are easy to understand Venus doesn't do well competing several weeks in a row. The exact same thing happened when she went to Asia last year she won the Korean Open yet loss to Razanno and Pennetta. Although these two losses are even worse. Venus is like this she can be inconsistent but we know she is also very dangerous. I think Venus wants to give back to the tour but she is a veteran now. Venus has to CHOOSE her events WISELY. Venus cannot play too much in a row. I think Serena is playing it SMART she's only playing Miami next. If Venus was SMART she would pull out of the event in India and not embarass herself for a third week in a row. I just don't agree with playing all this tennis.

Morrissey
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Every top player has had a bad loss or bad losses in their career I mean look at Mauresmo she's losing every single week since 2006. Everyone knows Venus has a tendency to not play well in the beginning of the year so I am not surprised by this wacky result. It happens. Anyone Venus did prove in 2005 and 2007 that she's a real champion. I think Venus needs a LIGHTER SCHEDULE this is the key. Serena NEVER plays a heavy schedule and it helps her. Venus usually doesn't play a lot in the beginning of the year I feel she's really overdoing it right now.

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I think the losses are easy to understand Venus doesn't do well competing several weeks in a row. The exact same thing happened when she went to Asia last year she won the Korean Open yet loss to Razanno and Pennetta. Although these two losses are even worse. Venus is like this she can be inconsistent but we know she is also very dangerous. I think Venus wants to give back to the tour but she is a veteran now. Venus has to CHOOSE her events WISELY. Venus cannot play too much in a row. I think Serena is playing it SMART she's only playing Miami next. If Venus was SMART she would pull out of the event in India and not embarass herself for a third week in a row. I just don't agree with playing all this tennis.
Six matches in two weeks is not a lot of tennis, my friend.

Poova
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Morrissey, weren't you one of the people spewing about crap about how Venus' career is over last year? :rolls:

Bit of a change of tune.

Morrissey
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:45 AM
You are obviously an idiot tennis players just don't play tennis they also have to PREPARE for matches. The constant travel, scheduling court time, training time, is a LOT of WORK. It is physically draining to travel all over the world from one event too the next. And also the mental preparation is a lot of work to. Venus is a multi millionaire its not worth it. I prefer Serena's approach. Serena only plays the big events she just doesn't care to play their tier III and all that shit. Serena's method is a lot better and its the one Venus used to follow. Venus needs to return to her old schedule and play LESS. LESS is better for Venus right now. Also it is the beginning of the year there is NO NEED to play this much tennis.

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:59 AM
You are obviously an idiot tennis players just don't play tennis they also have to PREPARE for matches. The constant travel, scheduling court time, training time, is a LOT of WORK. It is physically draining to travel all over the world from one event too the next. And also the mental preparation is a lot of work to. Venus is a multi millionaire its not worth it. I prefer Serena's approach. Serena only plays the big events she just doesn't care to play their tier III and all that shit. Serena's method is a lot better and its the one Venus used to follow. Venus needs to return to her old schedule and play LESS. LESS is better for Venus right now. Also it is the beginning of the year there is NO NEED to play this much tennis.
You are, without a doubt, the most unintentionally funny poster on WTAworld. Thank you so much for the laughs. ;)

DimaDinosaur
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:11 AM
all you so-called Venus fans are terrible and bitter. you call yourselves "fans" :rolleyes:

Just because Venus's hairstyle is ugly and she is a loser right now doesn't mean y'all should ditch her loser ass :rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM
all you so-called Venus fans are terrible and bitter. you call yourselves "fans" :rolleyes:

Just because Venus's hairstyle is ugly and she is a loser right now doesn't mean y'all should ditch her loser ass :rolleyes:
You're obviously mistaking Venus for yourself.....

mapaliey
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:44 AM
uhhh lost to qualifier.....

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I haven't really been on this site since the AO losses for V and S. And I'm not really paying attention to the small tourneys that they play either. If they win, then I'm happy. If they lose, I'm sad but I move on quicker. Which is what some V and S fans need to do. If Vee is a slump, only SHE can get herself out of it. It's all mental with her. She can play well when she wants. We ALL have seen it happen. She just has to get through this rough patch. So far she is losing to the teens or the 20 year olds. She'll figure it out.

kiwifan
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:34 AM
"only the slams matter" :yawn:

Go Venus!!! :devil:

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I have moved on to Bangalore!

If she doesn't do well there :tape:

I am happy she is getting all her losses in the early period! :armed:

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I am rooting for Caro to win a title here!

fleemke³
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM
:eek:
You know there was a time Serena and Venus could win matches without working very hard on practise ... I think they should train harder before playing tournaments ... I really hope they find motivation to train more and be back on a decent level. Both sisters on the best level can make the tour more interesting!

faboozadoo15
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I think everyone thought she had a prayer in Memphis. :confused:

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I think everyone thought she had a prayer in Memphis. :confused:
You better hope Marc Cohn doesn't read this board. Dude ain't had a hit since that song, so he will definitely take you to court over that. ;)

faboozadoo15
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
You better hope Marc Cohn doesn't read this board. Dude ain't had a hit since that song, so he will definitely take you to court over that. ;)

Put on my blue suede shoes, and I, boarded the plane. :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Put on my blue suede shoes, and I, boarded the plane. :wavey:
Touched down in the land of the Delta blues, in the middle of the pouring rain. :wavey:

Talula
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I doubt Venus cares. It's all about the slams for the WS.

new-york
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM
no, Venus should have a barbecue.

vettipooh
Feb 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM
You're obviously mistaking Venus for yourself.....

:lol: word!!