PDA

View Full Version : Justine says no, no, no to seven-star hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai

spiceboy
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
http://blog.douglasrobson.com/2008/02/25/dogs-to-dubai.aspx

Four-time winner Henin, coming off her indoor victory in Antwerp, seemed relaxed and focused as she described her ongoing reunification with her family. The family, estranged from Henin for seven years before reconciling in 2007, attended the tournament in Belgium. Henin said she spent a lot of time with them while recovering from the ongoing right-knee problems she’s had since Australia. She said she even took a cortisone shot, the second in three years to ease the pain. The 25-year-old said she is now pain-free.

Interstingly, she also explained that while the tournament offers a top player like herself the chance to stay at the gaudy, seven-star Burj Al Arab, she prefers to stay closer to the tournament. "They give me the opportunity, but I want to be close and stay in the same routine,” said Henin,who called herself a “simple” and “normal” person. “I hate to be in the car one and a half hours before the match or after the match,” she added. “I think it’s a disaster. You don’t have to lose time doing this kind of stuff.”

Sean.
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM
It's horrible there anyway. The lobby smelled to strongly of peach it made me gag!

shrOOf
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh Burj al Arab is :inlove:

drake3781
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Same with me when I travel for business. I can stay in a "nice" hotel in the city, or whatever is out by the plant. I'll 99% of the time take whatever is close. Cannot stand all that travel time, and so little time is spent in the hotel anyway.

Renalicious
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM
The Burj Al Arab is so overrated...it's a nice place but the hotel in Abu Dhabi is so much better...the Burj Al Arab is at areas way too over decorated...

faboozadoo15
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It's one of the most overrated places I've ever been. The stench alone would drive me mad.

The architecture and design of the building are what make it special, however. It's a really remarkable and beautiful place, but the hotel isn't worth staying at. Good call by Justine.

Slutati
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
You people must be filthy rich if you've been there.Bitches:rolls:

bwahahahahaha
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:57 PM
What is the point of this post? So Justine wanted to stay close. Big whoop.

southpaw58
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
You people must be filthy rich if you've been there.Bitches:rolls:

YEA! hahha i wanna go to Dubai so bad!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Good call by Justine :yeah: Imagine wasting 1 hour in the city's traffic :tape:

She was there to play a tournament, not on a holiday....