PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Davenport might play Birmingham this year?

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I was just thinking about how good it was for a tier 3 to have Venus and Lindsay and then I thought it was the best line up for this tier since Birmingham. I then thought again and wondered if Lindsay will play there if she skips the french? The conditions would suit her better as she HATES the wind in Eastbourne and gives her a week off before the championship.

what does everyone else think?

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM
If she can find a way to play in Surburton and Birmingham, she will do it.
In fact, I think a good schedule for her would be also play in Eastbourne but only in doubles with Lisa.

hdfb
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I think she will. One of the warm-ups anyway. She'd just be out of sorts if she just went right into Wimbledon.

Uranium
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:37 AM
no, Davenport has always liked Eastbourne better

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:39 AM
no, Davenport has always liked Eastbourne better

the year she lost to Farina Elia in the 2nd round she had a rant about the weather and the pics showed how pissed off she was and I dont think she has been back since

Dave.
Feb 26th, 2008, 01:08 AM
She normally prepares for Wimbledon at home, but if she's skipping the French then I think she will play Eastbourne (she's been there before, won it before and knows she can beat anyone on grass- especially since WS and Sharapova don't play Eastbourne). I don't think she will play Birmingham aswell as Eastbourne, that would be too much.

The Daviator
Feb 26th, 2008, 01:59 AM
If she can find a way to play in Surburton and Birmingham, she will do it.
In fact, I think a good schedule for her would be also play in Eastbourne but only in doubles with Lisa.

As if she's gonna play a challenger :lol:

She won't play a grass warm-up, she didn't in 2004 and 2005 and reached SF and F respectively, if the weather was better in Eastbourne, she'd play it.

The Kaz
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
As if she's gonna play a challenger :lol:

She won't play a grass warm-up, she didn't in 2004 and 2005 and reached SF and F respectively, if the weather was better in Eastbourne, she'd play it.

And Lindsay is in 2004/2005 form :unsure:

I dont think so - she's a Tier III player now, no more...

The Daviator
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:14 AM
And Lindsay is in 2004/2005 form :unsure:

I dont think so - she's a Tier III player now, no more...

She had the misfortune of drawing red-hot Maria in round two of the AO, maybe if she drew Janky she would have made the semis too :(

Talula
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I hope Lindsay plays Eastbourne. I saw her there a few years agon when Jennifer Capriati was also there. Lindsay is still a big name and I think she will help draw the crowds.

Feb 26th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I hope she just does very well on the grass courts!!

Slumpsova
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
she better stops messing with these Tier IIIs :o it's so unprofessional for her.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
she better stops messing with these Tier IIIs :o it's so unprofessional for her.

There is nothing unprofessional of Lindsay lending her name and star power to a tier three and if you're going to say that about Lindsay well isn't Venus being unprofessional too. Lindsay is trying to rebuild her ranking after a long lay off. What Venus's excuse?

Slumpsova
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:51 PM
There is nothing unprofessional of Lindsay lending her name and star power to a tier three and if you're going to say that about Lindsay well isn't Venus being unprofessional too. Lindsay is trying to rebuild her ranking after a long lay off. What Venus's excuse?
Venus is a defending champion :p

jonny84
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I plan to go to Egbaston this year - so it would be good if she goes!