PDA

View Full Version : Memphis 1R Bombshell -- (4) Lindsay Davenport vs. (Q) Sabine Lisicki -- WWW?

iPatty
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
A rematch of the Fed Cup first round, where Lisicki stunned everyone (including herself, I'm sure) by beating Lindsay in straight sets.

Lindsay vocally acknowledged that she was far from her best, will she be able to get the better of the young German on a fast indoor court? She could barely handle Sabine's serve on a slow hard court, so it will be interesting to see what adjustments she makes.

This is surely the toughest draw Lindsay could have hoped for because not only is Lisicki her opponent, I am sure the last loss to the German will be playing on Lindsay's mind. Can she overcome it and win?

Discuss.

iPatty
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Oops forgot the poll, oh well just discuss.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Bye Lindsay. :wavey: See you in Indian Wells.

Uranium
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Davenport easy, this fast indoor court will make lindsay win in straights

#1Davenport
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Lindsay can do it! She just had a bad day when she lost to her.

MH0861
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
If she loses to Sabine again I'd hope she'd retire again - no joke.

Jogi
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:19 PM
oh no not again :help:
I want both to win so much... Lindsay needs to play well in front of her crowd and Sabine desperately needs to rise in the rankings
I see Lindsay winning in 2 tight sets this time

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:36 PM
If she doesn't make the adjustments, then she's gonna lose.
Sabine likes playing against a clean flat ball.
Lindsay is going to have to hit a deep ball with a little more spin to win this and she cannot hesitate when she has her chances to come in at net.

GermanBoy
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Again?!? :eek: :sad:

Lindsay, let's hope you have learned your lesson and know how to play her this time... :devil:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Lindsay learns her lessons well from losses and an indoor fast hard court can only help her as there are no weather conditions to affect her play. I expect Lindsay will make the necessary adjustment to win this time.

hablo
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:12 AM
If Momo can beat this girl, I don't see why Davenport couldn't.