PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic confirmed to play in Dubai

spiritedenergy
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM
By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: February 24, 2008, 01:13

Dubai: Serbian sensation Ana Ivanovic will definitely be playing at this week's Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships being held at the Dubai Tennis Stadium.

Ivanovic was looked upon as a doubtful starter here this week after being forced out of the ongoing Doha Open following an ankle injury moments before defeating Olga Govortsova.

"The good news is that Ana Ivanovic is coming to Dubai," Tournament Director Salah Tahlak told Gulf News.

Known for her simplicity and charming looks, Ivanovic has a huge following in the region.

Her rise to the top as the world's third best player is nothing short of sensational over the past 12 months. She injured her ankle while slipping during a baseline exchange with Govortsova at 5-1 30-30 up in the second set.

The tenacious Serb battled valiantly fending off a game point in the bargain before winning 6-3, 6-1 against Govortsova.

schorsch
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I rather think they're keeping her in for promo and she's gonna withdraw at some point. If not she might retire in her first match. I dont think her ankle will get strong enough 'till next week.

spiritedenergy
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I rather think they're keeping her in for promo and she's gonna withdraw at some point. If not she might retire. I dont think her ankle will get strong enough 'till next week.

sadly i have to agree... it would be foolish to play.:sad:

Still it's unfair that they lie to poeple to make money:tape:

ivanban
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, Ana's past injuries never healed this quick. Therefore, she'll probably w/d in last moment

maryjane
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
on her webside it's already confirmed she arrived in dubai saturday.i think she'll decide on wednesday if she's able to play or not.

Slutati
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I think she's really playing:shrug:I don't think it's very smart,but I guess we'll see what happens

Dexter
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Until she steps out on the court, any confirmation is pointless. I want to see her back this week, but I'd rather wait until Indian Wells.

Cp6uja
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
"The good news is that Ana Ivanovic is coming to Dubai," Tournament Director Salah Tahlak told Gulf News.After same kind of injury last season (ankle, in Berlin final last season) she "coming" in Rome - but not play at end.

Here is quote from her TODAYS diary report:...I am just hoping that my ankle recovers in time for me to compete in Dubai on Wednesday...For me this means that her chances to PLAY at Dubai is less than 50% and if she must play already tommorow Ana will withdraw for sure (but for Wednesday still have some chances).

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM
The injury is comparable to the one in Berlin last year.
Now she has a little more time and the sounds are good this time.
Of course she ain't 100% recovered, but it might be justified to play.

I really want to see her out there again. But let it be useful.
Doha, Dubai was a great chance to be steady at Rank 2. It would be a shame it she lose it because of an injury.

danieln1
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Go Ana, reach the final!

maryjane
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
The injury is comparable to the one in Berlin last year

in fact after berlin she went to rome but the day before playing or the same day she withdrew.it's good she's there but this doesn't mean she'll play.if she's not ready it's useless to risk to make the injury worse.she's clever enough to know it.

mckyle.
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:39 PM
She'll still be doing promo stuff even if she can't play.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:09 AM
I hope she's playing... :)

Nikkiri
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:15 AM
She had a great chance to pick up some points in Doha and Dubai and then she had to get injured. Makes sense she still wants to try and play, I really hope she's fit enough.