PDA

View Full Version : Bangalore 2008

schorsch
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Vera is on the players' list for the Tier II Bangalore Open. The field isnt too strong and we can expect Serena to withdraw yet again, I guess.

http://www.wtabangalore.in/players.asp

schorsch
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Jelena is in there, too now.

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
BANGALORE, February 26: Top Russian player and world number 21, Vera Zyonareva, would participate in the Bangalore Open 2008, to be held from March three to nine.

Having lost the finals in three sets at Doha last week to Maria Sharapova, Zyonareva has decided to take short break before she heads to Bangalore for the tournament.

"It has been a great week for me in Doha. Of course I wish I could do better in the finals, but I still have lots of things to work on. But no matter what, I am glad I am improving with every match and it was great to make a final in the first event after I was injured in Australia. I will spend a couple of days in Moscow relaxing and get ready for Bangalore," she said in a statement.

"I am excited about going to India, especially since I have never played there. I will try to play my best there", the Russian player said.

Zyonarava has won five WTA tour singles titles, four WTA tour Doubles titles and two ITF Women's Circuit Singles titles. Her first slam quarter final came at the 2002 French open when she defeated Venus Williams in the fourth round.

Schnyderfreak
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
And the Vera Express continues. Next stop :banana: Bangalore :banana:

Noelia
Feb 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM
VERA NOT FOR!:D :sport: Good luck in Bangalore, Vera can do a great result in this tournament ("Schnyderfreak" Your Patty also is in this tournament)

Schnyderfreak
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
VERA NOT FOR!:D :sport: Good luck in Bangalore, Vera can do a great result in this tournament ("Schnyderfreak" Your Patty also is in this tournament)

:)yes I hope that they wont meet early in the draw. QF or even SF would be a great match but I dont think I can choose then between the two.:eek:

goldenlox
Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Vera plays a Q in the first round of Bangalore. Second Round could be against another Q or Lakhani. Potential QF against Venus.

She plays doubles as well with Manasieva against Sun/Peng.

Vera might have to play Venus, Serena and Jankovic in a row.

dulkogii
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
(1)JANKOVIC, Jelena vs BYE
CHAN, Yung-Jan vs MAMIC, Sanda
O'BRIEN, Katie vs SAVCHUK, Olga
YAN, Zi vs (8)KIRILENKO, Maria

(4)SCHNYDER, Patty vs BYE
NAKAMURA, Aiko vs TANASUGARN, Tamarine
AMANMURADOVA, Akgul vs SHVEDOVA, Yaroslava
(WC)UBEROI, Shikha vs (5)SZAVAY, Agnes

(6)BAMMER, Sybille vs MORIGAMI, Akiko
RODIONOVA, Anastasia vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs OBZILER, Tzipora
BYE vs (3)WILLIAMS, Serena

(7)ZVONAREVA, Vera vs QUALIFIER
(WC)LAKHANI, Isha vs QUALIFIER
KREMER, Anne vs PENG, Shuai
BYE vs (2)WILLIAMS, Venus

goldenlox
Mar 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Vera lost her doubles match, then won her round 1 match 46 63 61 vs Niculescu

Noelia
Mar 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Well!:)4-6;6-3;6-1. In 2 round against whom?

Schnyderfreak
Mar 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
:banana::banana:Vera wins again!!:banana::banana:
always good to have a difficult win early to keep you sharp!:)
Another Romanian next - Szatmari. unknown but never to be underestimated.
I guess these are the "easy" matches before you meet the Williams sisters and JJ.
Good luck and fight hard:bounce:

goldenlox
Mar 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Bangalore 2R: (7) Vera Zvonareva def. (Q) Agnes Szatmari 7-6(5) 6-1

Schnyderfreak
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
:banana: Well done Vera :banana::yeah:
Good win in straight sets!!
Maybe it's not so bad not to play doubles anymore this tournament.You cab use the rest for the Williams sisters who are coming next!
You can do it Vera just play your own game

Noelia
Mar 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Vera vs Venus in the next round..:scared:

goldenlox
Mar 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Vera lost to Venus 64 63. That was a tough draw, having to beat Venus, Serena and Jelena to win a Tier II.
California, here we come..

RagingBull99
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM
http://1a-7165.antagus.de/VOD_NEW/index.php?videoid=198&mode=1&from=0&co=true

Vera in Bangalore

Noelia
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM
:eek::hearts: Thank you very much!!!;)

Schnyderfreak
Mar 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Pity you lost Vera. but a final and a QF in three weeks time is not bad at all.:yeah:
Keep this going and you'll have a good ranking and will be seeded for the coming GS