joćo.
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Maria, hopefully! :D

random fan
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I would say that Maria's chance to win is more than 50%

Sharakim
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:05 PM
If Maria can avoid playing long matches in the opening two-three rounds I can see her taking this title. However if Szavay, Amelie, or Kuzy manage to stretch her too much, I fear she might not have enough gas for the later rounds.

I'm praying for a Justine-Maria final with Masha winning. :hearts:

Uranium
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Henin

random fan
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have a sinking feeling that Justine won't make it to the finals, which is bad for Maria's motivation

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Jankovic.

jamatthews
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I think Sveta might steal this. Despite winning Antwerp Justine still looks vulnerable, and it's going to be very tough for Maria to win 2 weeks in a row with such a strong field. She's done it a couple of times before, but not with a route as tough as this.

Wiggly
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Daniela is not even playing.

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Maria is confident right now... But she'll have to lose someday... It's possible that she can lose in her 1st round match against Szavay. But i can't pick any other player because Maria is the real number one right now...
So i still choose her for the Dubai title because i'm not watching any other player winning this tournament besides Maria and Henin isn't at her best. But everything is possible and she'll have to lose someday.

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
She's done it a couple of times before, but not with a route as tough as this.

You're kidding right ?! :eek:

- Just look at her AO draw this year.

- Doha featured with the world's best players too but they exited early...

Lucas_Arg
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I wish Maria but she has a tough first round and she is tired right now.
If she is ok, she will win, i'm sure.

Serge007
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Henin. Maria is tired.

joćo.
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
When is Maria scheduled to play? Tuesday?

plantman
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Maria is confident right now... But she'll have to lose someday... It's possible that she can lose in her 1st round match against Szavay. But i can't pick any other player because Maria is the real number one right now...
So i still choose her for the Dubai title because i'm not watching any other player winning this tournament besides Maria and Henin isn't at her best. But everything is possible and she'll have to lose someday.

Maria is confident I'll give you that! As for the "real number one"....that's still Justine Henin!:)

It would be nice to see them both playing there best in Dubai. Even under those circumstances I give the edge to Justine!

Emina.
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
goo Maria :bounce:

shes been tested in every way possible :lol:

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
OMG
LOL... it's so stupid to watch people predicting things that only the players know !

We never saw a tired face by Maria in the whole tournament, so why are you guys saying she's tired? She can be tired actually but that's something that she's the only person to know.

She didn't get tired in this final because she won easily her 2 sets and lost one easily too. Besides, she'll have 2 days of resting... for god sake

shap_half
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:40 PM

The real number 1? Vomit.

RJWCapriati
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Gotta go with Justine - She is 16-0 in Dubai

jonny84
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I would say Justine, and she will beat Sharapova in the final.

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:48 PM
The real number 1? Vomit.

I said "RIGHT NOW" ...

You're saying it is Justine?... She prefered not to play in Doha so then she could play Antwerp that was featuring less high ranked players !

Justine Henin had an awesome season last year and she is the number 1 ... On papers! Because Maria has proved she's the best player on the tour right now!

bellascarlett
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Henin or Sharapova.

I just hope Maria doesn't run out of gas next week. Henin will be out for revenge. If Maria gets to her, I hope Maria will be more than ready. :armed:

Iceland
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Where is Marion in this poll? :p:lol:

I think the title will come down to a Maria Justine final and I will pull for Maria

jacobruiz
I wouldn't be taking Justine so lightly - you know she hated to lose another slam to Maria and she's going to go all out to beat her in Dubai if they meet.
Maria can't afford a 2nd set like the one with Vera against Justine.

Emina.
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I want a Sharapova-Ivanovic final!:worship:

Feb 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
There is no way Marion will be able to beat so many top players back to back

shap_half
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I said "RIGHT NOW" ...

You're saying it is Justine?... She prefered not to play in Doha so then she could play Antwerp that was featuring less high ranked players !

Justine Henin had an awesome season last year and she is the number 1 ... On papers! Because Maria has proved she's the best player on the tour right now!

The real number one right now is Justine.

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
The real number one right now is Justine.

Whatever, think what you want...

Everybody know what's happening

shap_half
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Whatever, think what you want...

Everybody know what's happening

by everybody, you mean you?

i don't claim that justine will wipe everyone off the tour. i don't claim that the next time she plays against maria, she'll obliterate her. but to claim that right now maria has dethroned justine because of one amazing tournament is a little premature, and a little ridiculous.

i don't deny the fact that maria is playing incredibly well right now. she had the best performance of her life against justine in australia (though doha wasn't anything to write home about), but one amazing run in a tournament doesn't overcome 52 weeks of greatness by justine.

i think you are putting way too much stock on a short congestion of tournaments to determine your cause.

heytennis
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I hope Maria, I think Justine.

Slutati
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I voted Elena, but i think Shara

Cp6uja
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I want a Sharapova-Ivanovic final!:worship:Ana will be in risk to make her injury worse if play Dubai and Maria risk if playing Dubai after Doha final (without BYE in 1st round) to play tired at two more important events next month (IW and Miami), so i think they both will withdraw from Dubai! So instead Ana in SF and Maria in Final - Justine will have much more easy road to her 4th Dubai title.

Dodoboy.
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Sharapova will clear this field!

heytennis
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ana will be in risk to make her injury worse if play Dubai and Maria risk if playing Dubai after Doha final (without BYE in 1st round) to play tired at two more important events next month (IW and Miami), so i think they both will withdraw from Dubai! So instead Ana in SF and Maria in Final - Justine will have much more easy road to her 4th Dubai title.

Ana's risk is much greater than Maria's. Ana has an actual injury, I don't expect her to play, and if she does - she won't beat Vaidisova.

Maria will be tired but she won Zurich with similar opposition to Doha in 2006 and then continued to win Linz. I think she can do it.

Wayn77
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
The 1st round winner of Dementieva v Schnyder :boxing:

Marco Fernandes
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ana's risk is much greater than Maria's. Ana has an actual injury, I don't expect her to play, and if she does - she won't beat Vaidisova.

Maria will be tired but she won Zurich with similar opposition to Doha in 2006 and then continued to win Linz. I think she can do it.

Agreed ! But we never know...

serenus_2k8
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Henin IMO.

trucul
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Sharapova

CR3WLFC
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:08 PM
maria will probably pull out....

i hope for amelie !!!!! if maria doesn't play

espresso
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I said "RIGHT NOW" ...

:weirdo:

Is that why you think she played Antwerp? :haha: :haha:

Why don't you find out the facts before you post rubbish! :rolleyes:

Cp6uja
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Maria will be tired but she won Zurich with similar opposition to Doha in 2006 and then continued to win Linz. I think she can do it.It's not same case b/c after Linz she have to play only YEC-Madrid (after 1 week of pause) before end of season (and 5+ weeks of rest) - but right after Dubai (after 1 week of pause) she must fly from Midle East to North America and than play 2 two-weekers tier-I tournaments in the row (IW and Miami for TOP players means playing 4 weeks in the row). I not saying that Maria will withdraw from Dubai b/c she is tired now - if she withdraw from this tier-II reason will be b/c she dont want to be tired in more important IW/Miami march campain.

faboozadoo15
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Is Ana likely to pull out? Her fans seem to think so apparently (3 votes).

Anyone know the status? Would her withdrawal (or Sharapova's) change the draw?

danieln1
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
The best player in the world, currently, should win this tournament, if she“s not tired: Maria Sharapova.

random fan
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Anyone know the status? Would her withdrawal (or Sharapova's) change the draw?

Well since she is due to play only on Wednesday she still has hopes to recover in time. So we are not going to find out until the last moment I guess.

heart
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
amelie! :lol:
*jinx*

shap_half
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
The best player in the world, currently, should win this tournament, if she“s not tired: Maria Sharapova.

So IF she loses, it's because "SHE'S TIRED."?

danieln1
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
So IF she loses, it's because "SHE'S TIRED."?

Yeah, that would probably be the reason, because she beat everyone she played this year

Cp6uja
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Anyone know the status? Would her withdrawal (or Sharapova's) change the draw?Here is quote from her official site when she withdraw from Doha:Given the severity of the injury, it was known early this morning that Ana would not be competing today. We regret that we were prevented from publishing the news due to Sony Ericsson WTA Tour rules, which dictated that Ana must not publicly announce her withdrawal until she had filled in the necessary paperwork and attended a press conference...That means b/c her commitment to Dubai she have still some kind of obligations to WTA and Dubai tournament officials still to not publicate her deccission to withdraw from this tournament (same thing for Sharapova). Like in Rome/07 case after Berlin ankle injury when she also publish deccission to withdraw right before her 1st match. Of course, maybe she will realy play in Dubai (Jelena Jankovic last year at SF have same injury at 1st midle east tournament and withdraw from that SF match - but play next week at 2nd)... but i'm in doubt.

debby
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that would probably be the reason, because she beat everyone she played this year

:tape: Henin was undefeated during 33 matchs as well.... and she lost against Pova :wavey:

dya74
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Justine. no doubts!:bounce:

Russianboy
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Justine. no doubts!:bounce:

no doubts? :lol:

btw u know that the girl is also playing in dubai who ruined henin at the aussie open? :tape:

spiritedenergy
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
no doubts? :lol:

btw u know that the girl is also playing in dubai who ruined henin at the aussie open? :tape:

:tape:

Sharapova is so NOT going to win.

saint2
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Amelie- 4 votres
Dani-1 vote.

R U kidding, people?

:confused:

eagles07
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Justine will get revenge from Aussie open Hopefully :D...Maria will be tired from doha this week

Emina.
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I think Masha fans are a bit too confident right now ;):hug:

Russianboy
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM
:tape:

Sharapova is so NOT going to win.

:) talk to the wall

goldenlox
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I expect Maria in Dubai. Talk about the Dubai draw has been on her homepage for days.

debby
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I think Masha fans are a bit too confident right now ;):hug:

:kiss: I like the Masha's fan who don't have too much confidence/big head... but Maria have kicked everybody's ass so it is so justified when Masha fans are so on fire :tape:

I am afraid of Maria but I hope she will be exhausted :devil:

Slampova
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Maria :)

Jachal
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'll go with Elena Dementieva. It may sound like wishfull thinking, but she's one of the few to have beaten all the top players.:bigclap:

Matt01
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM

What a joke. Sad to see that you have your excuse already on hand :rolleyes:

cellophane
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Justine is ready for her revenge against Maria.

Topspin2
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Maria :O

Michael!
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Elena D. :angel:

mckyle.
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Maria :hearts:

All this about Maria being tired :rolleyes:

She's a professional tennis player. Do you not think she can handle two weeks of tennis in a row? She's done it three times in the past (referring to her majors)

At one point in 2006, Maria won Indian Wells and made the final of Miami, which is an entire month of tennis!

faboozadoo15
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM
What a joke. Sad to see that you have your excuse already on hand :rolleyes:

I don't see what's so crazy about this. Several Justine fans are already saying they hope Maria is exhausted...
Maria has annihilated everyone this year, and she doesn't look to be slowing down. If all of a sudden she throws in a clunker, people would probably say she was tired.

For me, no. That's not a good reason. These girls play 4 hours a day when they aren't playing tournaments. If dropping a set to Vera (and winning the third 6-0) will cuase Maria to lose in her next tournament with two days off, fatigue isn't an excuse. Players like Justine and Sveta have the tools to knock Maria off her game. If they beat her it's because they were too good on the day.

Matt01
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I don't see what's so crazy about this. Several Justine fans are already saying they hope Maria is exhausted...
Maria has annihilated everyone this year, and she doesn't look to be slowing down. If all of a sudden she throws in a clunker, people would probably say she was tired.

Used as a possible explaination, I'd be okay with, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse. If she loses, it will be because the player who beat her was better on that day.

And Pova hasn't played that much this year anyway.

theFutureisNow
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I will predict Justine, but think Maria would be a pretty close second.

The fact is, Maria has no real incentive to win this. She won't get much added prestige from winning a tier 2, even if it is the biggest tier 2 for the year. The only thing she is playing for is to keep her streak alive.

She has to play something like 5 matches in 6 days against a potentially very tough draw. Even if she can physically handle that, it will be hard to truly motivate herself psychologically.

Justine, however, is probably pretty unhappy about the thought of any of the other players trying to take her spot at the top, and will be highly motivated to show that she is still the best.

Kitten63
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Justine or Masha.

espresso
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Used as a possible explaination, I'd be okay with, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse. If she loses, it will be because the player who beat her was better on that day.

Pova I'm sure has more energy than most of the other top players because she didn't play much last year - it all follows on. She's much fresher than all the others.

danieln1
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Justine is ready for her revenge against Maria.

But I“m sure Justine won“t bagel her!

mckyle.
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Matches played this year by top ten:

Henin - 12 matches
Kuznetsova - 9 matches
Ivanovic - 11 matches
Jankovic - 11 matches
Sharapova - 14 matches
Chakvetadze - 11 matches
V. Williams - 7 matches
Hantuchova - 12 matches
Bartoli - 7 matches
S. Williams - 5 matches

So Maria has played the most matches, and she's been to the final weekend of both tournaments she's played. So I'd say she's been pretty busy :p

Thieving Magpie
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
The thing is, everybody expects Sharapova to win - her fans, the media and maybe even her own team. And if Sharapova only reaches the semifinals but doesn't win, it will be the same as if she'd lost in the 1st round. Sharapova is only considered good if she actually wins a Final. Second best doesn't count in her case. Not for her and not for the media. And the longer she remains unbeaten the higher is the pressure on her.

Il Primo!
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I will predict Justine, but think Maria would be a pretty close second.

The fact is, Maria has no real incentive to win this. She won't get much added prestige from winning a tier 2, even if it is the biggest tier 2 for the year. The only thing she is playing for is to keep her streak alive.

She has to play something like 5 matches in 6 days against a potentially very tough draw. Even if she can physically handle that, it will be hard to truly motivate herself psychologically.

Justine, however, is probably pretty unhappy about the thought of any of the other players trying to take her spot at the top, and will be highly motivated to show that she is still the best.

Don't agree:p

I think Maria is VERY motivated and is aiming to win teh whole thing. Everyone is here. I'm trying to be in her shoes and in her place, the fact it's a tier2 doesn't matter at all. i'd like to crush Szavay, MAURESMO, KUZ, Jeca and HENIN to prove them all I'm teh real deal, to make an impact, a real, a big fat impact.

random fan
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I think it going to be Szavay, Qualifier, Na Li, ..., Henin

Matt01
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
So Maria has played the most matches, and she's been to the final weekend of both tournaments she's played. So I'd say she's been pretty busy :p

Maria has played exactly 2 real tournaments this. That's hardly what I'd call "pretty busy" :p

mckyle.
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Maria has played exactly 2 real tournaments this. That's hardly what I'd call "pretty busy" :p

But she's made the Sunday of both tournaments she's played. Unlike Chakvetadze who's played four tournaments and can't get past her third match. (except Paris)

trainspotter
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM
In dreams Radwanska :lol: Seriously i'd pick Sharapova, I can't see anybody stop her !

Cakeisgood
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I think Maria needs a break. If she wins though, my hat is off to her. She'd be bionic.

felipe2004
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I think Henin will beat Sharapova in the final! :)

saki
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Justine is a very emotional player. If you look at her list of titles, she has tended to win the same titles again and again and again. I think she's very affected by the atmosphere and associations of a place.

Dubai has been a very important place for her. She's 16-0 there. It was her first title after her divorce. It was one of her breakthrough tournaments back in 2003. That match against Seles was very psychologically important for her.

That doesn't mean that she'll win, of course, but playing Justine at one of 'her' tournaments is different to playing her elsewhere. She'll play well at Dubai and it will take something special to beat her.

random fan
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Justine is a very emotional player. If you look at her list of titles, she has tended to win the same titles again and again and again. I think she's very affected by the atmosphere and associations of a place.

Dubai has been a very important place for her. She's 16-0 there. It was her first title after her divorce. It was one of her breakthrough tournaments back in 2003. That match against Seles was very psychologically important for her.

That doesn't mean that she'll win, of course, but playing Justine at one of 'her' tournaments is different to playing her elsewhere. She'll play well at Dubai and it will take something special to beat her.

good point, I take my words back

slamchamp
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
justine is defenetily the favourite to win

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Justine or Maria (too close to call). Ana is a distant 3rd due to her injury.

Dani... why the heck is she in the poll? :tape:

P.S: So far this year, any tournaments (excluding exhibitions) that Justine or Maria plays in, they went on to win the tournament (Sydney & Antweep - Justine; AO & Doha - Maria). Will the trend continue this week? :scratch:

.Andrew.
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM

My thoughts exactly. :)

I think Justine will stop Maria's win streak in the finale.

Poova
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I think one of Justine/Maria won't make it to the final. Just a feeling.

Of course I hope Maria wins though. :angel:

espresso
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM

They are very pro-Justine over there arn't they? I was watching last years final against Momo recently and was amazed at the support for her - continued chanting "Justine, Justine" banners etc it was just like Antwerp. I knew they loved her over there but didn't realise how much :eek:

Junex
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Dubai is Justine's Roland Garros in the Middle East...!

So......................................

:devil:

faboozadoo15
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I hope Maria remembers how good that Australian bagel tasted. MMMMMMMmmMmmmM

LudwigDvorak
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Let's see the roads for the ones I think are most likely. I don't think Ana will play; if she does, she won't go far. If she does and proves me wrong, then good for her.

Justine Henin:
2R - v. Petrova/qualifier
QF - v. Bammer/qualifier/Schiavone/Bartoli
SF - v. Dementieva/Schnyder/Vaidisova
F - v. Chakvetadze/Safina/Sharapova/Szavay/Kuznetsova/Jankovic

Yeah. Justine pretty much has the title won, although she has good competition in the way. A Petrova, Bartoli, Dementieva, and Sharapova run-through would be very interesting, especially since she could lose to any of them. Could, don't blast me down my throat. :o

Maria Sharapova:
1R - v. Szavay
2R - v. Mauresmo/qualifier
QF - v. Kuznetsova/Li/Safarova
SF - v. Jankovic/Safina/Chakvetadze
F - v. Henin/Dementieva/Schnyder

Now THIS would be fascinating title run. Szavay, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova (even Li would be interesting), Jankovic, then Henin...wow that'd be so good. :hearts:

Elena Dementieva:
1R - v. Schnyder
2R - v. Kirilenko/A. Bondarenko
QF - v. Vaidisova/qualifier/?
SF - v. Henin
F - v. Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Jankovic

I just want her to beat Patty. Then Kirilenko. Then Vaidisova/Ivanovic/qualifier/lucky loser/whoever. Then I'd be happy with a tough fight against Justine and with her regained spot in the top ten. :)

Svetlana Kuznetsova:
2R - v. Li/Safarova
QF - v. Sharapova/Szavay/Mauresmo
SF - v. Jankovic/Chakvetadze/Safina

Some interesting matches. Has been challenged by Li before, and who knows if Safarova will find some form here. Any of the possible QFs would be fascinating, though mostly with Sharapova. Battle for true Russian #1! But I don't think she'll get past the quarters; if she does, AWESOME for her, seriously.

Jelena Jankovic:
2R - v. Mirza/qualifier
QF - v. Chakvetadze/Safina
SF - v. Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Li/Szavay

My possible long shot for the title. She could definitely make the final, and if Henin's knocked out before the final, she should win it for sure. She's always "injured" but she's always going really far. A re-match with Chakvetadze would be kewl.

Anna Chakvetadze:
2R - v. Safina/Sfar
QF - v. Jankovic/Mirza
SF - v. Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Li/Szavay

I hate her and all but she should make the semifinals. :shrug: The 2R against Safina will be good though; Dinara's 3-1 in the H2H, and Chakvetadze's lost in her first match the past two events. Hopefully the streak continues. :bounce:

That's my take on it. I anticipate and look forward muchly to a Sharapova/Henin final, although I'd like the semifinal line-up to be Henin/Dementieva and Sharapova (really Amelie, but for reality's sake)/Safina.

Renalicious
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Other - Na Li

Aryman3
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:53 AM
There's a lack of someone on this list

hwanmig
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
That blonde girl Shi..Sharapova.

Lucyxx
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I selected ElenaD. IDK, but she plays the big events well and ABond isn't totally focused.

If she can win the early matches easily, we all know she has the game to trouble top players.

AcesHigh
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'll be rooting for Justine ;)

I hated the way she lost in Australia. That was not the Justine from summer/fall of 2007. Hopefully, she returns to form in Dubai, where she seems comfortable.

I don't want Ana or Jelena to play. They should be taking a rest. If either injures herself, they have a lot of points to lose from here to Roland Garros.

Pushkin
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Justine will comeback with a big statement win. She will stop Maria's momentum with a convincing title run. Henin-Dementieva and Jankovic-Sharapova. Henin over Jelena.

shap_half
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Did Ana officially pull out?

kinglear
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Dementieva. Sorry haters! haha I'm just being optimistic. Besides, who says she can't win.

Lilowannabe
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Its gotta be Maria. While Justines ranking may say otherwise, Maria is the No.1 right now.

kadirelf
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Nicole or AGA

Pushkin
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Maria is still #5. But she could climb soon. Justine is way way ahead at #1 for many more weeks. This is Justine's tournament.

Filippo-Nastya
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Jankovic or Henin.

Vacant
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Jankovic.

Shoulderpova
Mar 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
:worship: to 11 posters who believed in Dementieva :worship: