PDA

View Full Version : MY Player's Observations in Dubai Open

Helaena
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
hi guys, i just wanted to share with you my great experience today....i went to the dubai open today....i saw lots of players but im not so familiar with them, only the top players...ill just state them according to when i saw them...

dinara safina - she's really really tall and she looks strong too, her pimples isn't obvious much...she definitely look better than on tv...she practiced a lot, i think more than two hours...

eleni danilidou - ummm, nothing much to say, not that impressive nor strong nor fast...

agnes szavay - oh she's really pretty, i like her eyes, they're really beautiful...she seems so sweet too..keep on talking to her coach, i don't understand her language though...amazing, to me, she look slimmer on tv and pix than seeing her in person...i took a pix of her by the way and she said "hallo" when i said hi to her...and when i met her later on the day she smiled back to me..she was practicing alone for like an hour then later someone came a player also i did know the name and they practiced together...

anna chakvetadze - sorry anna fans, i used to like anna but today, i was disappointed..i was watching agnes when anna came, i asked her if can take a pix of her, instead of saying yes or no, she just turned around and didn't say anything..even the kids hesitated to go to her coz she's really not approachable...but she's beautiful i must say...and her play seems ok to me...

maria kirilenko - oh this girl has such beautiful face, very good bone structure...she practiced with anna c. in the morning then later on, in the afternoon she practiced alone...she's also really nice, when the kids came to have their authographs but don't have pens, she smiled to them and told them "you should bring pen next time"...

svetlana kuznetsova - i like kuzzy, she's really simple and humble...she's also really approachable and smiles back when you smile at her...she also practiced a lot today, stayed for long in the courts...she was hitting with sania first then she practiced alone..

sania mirza- i didn't know sania has such good forehand, it's so powerful and solid...she kept on shouting though when she makes errors...

francesca schiavone - oh franny has unbelievable leg muscles...she has legs like men...she's really quick though...she practiced with patty, but patty outlplayed her today...

patty schnyder - patty was with a guy, her coach probably and her husband (?) rainer...rainer was like the ball boy today, picking up the balls around the court...and cheering for patty's good shots like a kid....patty played awesome, she really outplayed franny, creating good angles and good dropshots...she seems nice to, she signed autographs to kids and had picture taken with other fans there..

nadia petrova - nadia looks big, but she's not "fat" big, i don't know, someting's odd, her upper body perhaps is bigger...but she's not happy it seems during her practice...but she didn't practice for long though...

elena dementieva - lena d is a thing of beauty...she's really really stunning...her serve looks ok today and she looks really really quick...i think the woman with her is her mom...

marion bartoli - i did not see marion practicing, i just saw her walking around the courts, i think she was looking for something or someone....and she does look fat...i mean not really really fat, but "fat" in athlete's standard...and because she wasn't bringing racket or wearing practice outfits, she wore a violet sweatshirt and black pants, the kids didn't know that she's a player...they just igored her...

justine henin - and of course, the reason why i was there watching and waiting...i am soo happy to see justine today...she looks really really good...she practiced a lot on footwork today...and she talks and laughs a lot...i think she was having blisters though, she was like complaining some pain on her foot then she doubled her socks...and after her practice the kids came to get her autographs, and she indeed signed authographs for everyone...i got my ball signed....yay! and i took pix of her....so happy me....:bounce:

so after that i left happy....i am coming back to watch the round 1 so ill keep you posted....

i also saw ursula rad, elena vesnina, angelique kerber, morita, poutchek, some chinese doubles players but couldn't comment much on them coz i did not pay attention to them :p

AjdeNate!
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
:bigclap: So happy for you!

iPatty
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Patty. :hearts:

She is really nice to her fans and everyone, even if she isn't so nice to some of her opponents. :o

I am surprised she was hitting with Schiavone, I thought she hated her after the New Haven debacle of last year. :lol: Good to hear she was playing well.

Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
So is Agnes looking like she could challenge Maria in the first round Helaena? Thanks for any responses!!

jujufreak
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
hi guys, i just wanted to share with you my great experience today....i went to the dubai open today....i saw lots of players but im not so familiar with them, only the top players...ill just state them according to when i saw them...

justine henin - and of course, the reason why i was there watching and waiting...i am soo happy to see justine today...she looks really really good...she practiced a lot on footwork today...and she talks and laughs a lot...i think she was having blisters though, she was like complaining some pain on her foot then she doubled her socks...and after her practice the kids came to get her autographs, and she indeed signed authographs for everyone...i got my ball signed....yay! and i took pix of her....so happy me....:bounce:

great :D

thanks for the report ;) and lots of fun :bounce:

tenn_ace
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
thanks but this puzzled me
sania mirza- i didn't know sania has such good forehand, it's so powerful and solid...she kept on shouting though when she makes errors...

amateur911
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
thanks for your interesting report!:yeah:
please post some pics!:kiss:

Helaena
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:11 AM
So is Agnes looking like she could challenge Maria in the first round Helaena? Thanks for any responses!!

ummm, im not sure about that, when i first saw her, i didn't recogzine that it was agnes, but i was sure that it was a top player coz she was hitting really powerful and her strokes were good...then as i looked closer, i realize it was her...so yeah, so she playing good and she practiced a lot, she started earlier than anna c. but they finished like at the same time and they discussed about booking the court the next day for the two of them...then after that she was jogging and playing skipping rope...

Helaena
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:14 AM
thanks but this puzzled me

yeah, sania used her forehand a lot yesterday, she was playing with kuzy...

TTomek
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I wanted to ask if you have seen Agnieszka Radwańska but this was impossible to see her as she was still in Doha :lol:

leslie&yummy
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Helaena didnt c our Ame?

Willam
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Dementieva :hearts:

She is so nice :D

She took a picture with me, and signed my book and also gave me a ball of her match against Cetkovska :D :D :D and signed for me :D at us open 07..

ive told this like 540935952 times :)

Drake1980
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Nice report. thanks!

safinismine
Feb 24th, 2008, 06:59 AM

LOL.

Nice report, thanks!

Renalicious
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks for posting. :D

Nikkiri
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
maria kirilenko - oh this girl has such beautiful face, very good bone structure...she practiced with anna c. in the morning then later on, in the afternoon she practiced alone...she's also really nice, when the kids came to have their authographs but don't have pens, she smiled to them and told them "you should bring pen next time"...

Maria :hearts: Nice report, thanks for posting. Do you have any pictures?

svetaisthebest
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:08 AM
great report :D youre so lucky to have seen so many players:)
Thanks for posting it :)

Helaena
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Helaena didnt c our Ame?

no i didn't see amelie, but i heard she was there already, the kids said amelie practiced on friday afternoon, but i did not go on friday...maybe she practiced later on the afternoon coz i left already as soon as justine finished her practice...

Helaena
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
great report :D youre so lucky to have seen so many players:)
Thanks for posting it :)

if you'll stay up all day here, you can really see a lot of players and they are all just walking by, jogging and stretching, others were just lying on the grass resting...it's amazing...especially coz the main draw hasn't started yet, the security is not that tight yet....

Helaena
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I wanted to ask if you have seen Agnieszka Radwańska but this was impossible to see her as she was still in Doha :lol:

yup, i haven't seen agnieszka, only ursuzla, cute young lady with curly hair warming up for her match....

Daniel
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your comments :)

lightningquick
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:40 AM
AYOS. :drool:

chaky :sad:

Ben.
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Very nice report Helaena :yeah:

Mightymirza
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM
yeah thanx for the report..Allez juju ;)

Junex
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM
i left already as soon as justine finished her practice...

Your so lucky!!!!

if you see justine again, and talk to her...please as a favor, tell her of me, her biggest fan in zamboanga!

pls..............

:angel:

PerfectForm
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Maybe Anna was just having a bad day. She can be a little moody at times.

Dementieva is by the far the nicest. She really goes outta her way for fans :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Wow... you lucky devil.... get to meet so many players, especially Justine... :sad:

Post the pic which you took with her, and I'll forgive you ;)

lightningquick
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Wow... you lucky devil.... get to meet so many players, especially Justine... :sad:

Post the pic which you took with her, and I'll forgive you ;)

it's in the JH subforum.