PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's Dubai Draw!

Cakeisgood
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Masha vs. Szavay in the first round!

Not a great draw for either of them I'm afraid.

Ellery
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Should be a comfortable win for Maria, if Agnes's current form is any indication.

random fan
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well for some reason Maria tends to do better in tournaments with harder draws. So I guess it is not that bad for her. probably it is goiing to be easier to motivate herself

Emina.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Maria is a tough competitor. She'll be fine!

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Maria and Sveta are in the same quarter.
The battle for Russian #1

morningglory
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
heh her draw at AO was way worse... this is nothing compared to that :lol:

JadeFox
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
heh her draw at AO was way worse... this is nothing compared to that :lol:

Yeah after the Australian Open, short of having to face Justine in the first round, Venus in the second, and Serena in the third round, any draw will seem like a cupcake one in comparison.:lol:

Billabong
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Anyways Maria has had tough draws in the past, not only AO 08... Remember last year in Miami, she had Venus in 3rd round and Serena in 4th round?? She also had Venus in the 4th round in Wimbledon..

bellascarlett
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
The draw isn't great for most since so many top players are playing a tier II tournament. I think it's better than playing someone like Vaidisova in your first match like Ivanovic (it's Ana's second match but she has a bye so technically Nicole is her first match). I just don't know what happens to the draw in case Ivanovic withdraws.

It's actually a good draw for Maria I feel. She does better with tougher draws too if you've noticed. ;) She's just playing for the title in Doha, that's why the Dubai draw and upcoming tournament seems a bit much. Two tournaments in two consecutive weeks with good opposition. She might feel tired next week. Hopefully not. But Maria can do it. ;)

Sharakim
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Well for some reason Maria tends to do better in tournaments with harder draws. So I guess it is not that bad for her. probably it is goiing to be easier to motivate herselfYeah I think it's because she knows things won't be easy for her so she'll be motivated from the start. Easy draws have to potental to make players relax too much.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
(1)Justine Henin (BEL) v BYE
Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Q

Sybille Bammer (AUT) v Q
(7)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

(3)Ana Ivanovic (SRB) v BYE
Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) v Q

Alona Bondarenko (UKR) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
(8)Elena Dementieva (RUS) v Patty Schnyder (SUI)

(6)Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) v Q
Dinara Safina (RUS) v (wc)Selima Sfar (TUN)

(wc)Sania Mirza (IND) v Q
(4)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v BYE

(5)Maria Sharapova (RUS) v Agnes Szavay (HUN)
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) v Q

Na Li (CHN) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
(2)Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v BYE

gumoll
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
this time Agi will be good :lol:

her results:
Gold Coast - 1st round
Aus Open - 1st round
Paris - final
Antwerp - 1st round
Doha - 1st round
Dubai - Final?

Nicolás89
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Viewing the draw, I know Mauresmo is not at her best but I think thats her bigger opposition to get to the finals.

joão.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hopefully, Maria wins Dubai too. ^^

Slutati
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Agnes:rocker:Take her out!:devil:

mckyle.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
LOL. Agnes was bageled by Sugiyama just this week. Maria will be fine.

Textor
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I think Ági will be better against Masha, her coach said Agi's main problem was that she cannot deal with the expectation. There is no expectation against Masha, so maybe she will be a little better.

attis765
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
LOL. Agnes was bageled by Sugiyama just this week. Maria will be fine.

Don't know about that..Agi likes it when she's the underdog.It pumps her up.
I'm already thinking about an excuse to leave work early.:bounce:

Dodoboy.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Agi will never be a top player if that is her problem!..thats pathetic!

Anyway..i would love it if Amelie won this / beat Pova...
Her confidence would definitely improve!

faboozadoo15
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
Worst possible draw for me as a fan. :sad: I'm still going to be rooting for Pova even though I love Agnes. Terrible draw.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
Masha is done. Just like at Australian Open.

Cp6uja
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
The draw isn't great for most since so many top players are playing a tier II tournament. I think it's better than playing someone like Vaidisova in your first match like Ivanovic (it's Ana's second match but she has a bye so technically Nicole is her first match). I just don't know what happens to the draw in case Ivanovic withdraws.

It's actually a good draw for Maria I feel. She does better with tougher draws too if you've noticed. ;) She's just playing for the title in Doha, that's why the Dubai draw and upcoming tournament seems a bit much. Two tournaments in two consecutive weeks with good opposition. She might feel tired next week. Hopefully not. But Maria can do it. ;)Even if they participate at draw I still expect of Ana and Maria to withdraw from Dubai :sad::sad:. Ana probably dont want to risk worse injury and Maria many times so far alredy withdraw from tournaments after playing final week before, even when she is BYE in 1st round (this is not case for Dubai). But we will see what wil happen here.

JadeFox
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Even if they participate at draw I still expect of Ana and Maria to withdraw from Dubai :sad::sad:. Ana probably dont want to risk worse injury and Maria many times so far alredy withdraw from tournaments after playing final week before, even when she is BYE in 1st round (this is not case for Dubai). But we will see what wil happen here.

Maria actually did win two tournaments back to back before. In 2006 she won Zurich and Linz. Her fitness has improved over the years so I think she can handle it for the most part.

And Ana's website said her recovery is going well, so it looks like she'll play as well. Don't be sad.:hug:

mon72
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Go Ágnes :)

Slumpsova
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
:rolleyes:
she has Kuznetsova in her quarter. she's got a fucking piece of cake! stop whining!

faboozadoo15
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm somewhat surprised Ana is playing so soon... I think having a bye here and a nice draw will make all the difference. Then again-- Vaidisova :eek:

IceHock
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm actually hoping amelie takes out Maria, I like both, but Amelie really needs it.