PDA

View Full Version : Sad news article: Mauresmo considers retirement

danieln1
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Mauresmo considers retirement

DOHA, QATAR (TICKER) —Former Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo admitted Friday that she was considering retiring from tennis after another disappointing defeat.

A former world No. 1, Mauresmo has won just eight matches since losing her title at SW19 last July.

Her poor form continued in Doha this week, when she was ousted in the second round of the Qatar Open to Thai veteran Tamarine Tanasugarn.

Having slipped to 29th in the rankings, the 28-year-old conceded she was questioning whether to continue playing.

“I sometimes ask myself what I am doing there, in front of half empty stands,” Mauresmo told French sports daily L’Equipe. “It’s typically the type of situation where you wish you were somewhere else.

“I came to this tournament wanting to do well, but there’s always a grain of sand that gets in the works and clogs things up. It’s difficult to take.”

Mauresmo seemed conflicted about whether she even wants to finish off the current season.

“I want to carry on playing, and at the same time I wonder if I don’t talk myself into it will I still have that desire?” she said. “As long as I’m motivated, I’ll continue.

“But there’s always that little something in the back of your mind wondering if it wouldn’t be better to stop.”

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=txmauresmo&prov=st&type=lgns

It´s getting ugly Mauresmo´s situation, I don´t think she´s ever reached this low on her brilliant career, let´s hope her motivation doesn´t go away!

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Not a surprise.Good luck Momo in anything you do!:wavey:

plantman
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
Get that motivation back Amelie:bounce::bounce:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:36 AM

DOHA, QATAR (TICKER) —Former Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo admitted Friday that she was considering retiring from tennis after another disappointing defeat.

A former world No. 1, Mauresmo has won just eight matches since losing her title at SW19 last July.

Her poor form continued in Doha this week, when she was ousted in the second round of the Qatar Open to Thai veteran Tamarine Tanasugarn.

Having slipped to 29th in the rankings, the 28-year-old conceded she was questioning whether to continue playing.

“I sometimes ask myself what I am doing there, in front of half empty stands,” Mauresmo told French sports daily L’Equipe. “It’s typically the type of situation where you wish you were somewhere else.

“I came to this tournament wanting to do well, but there’s always a grain of sand that gets in the works and clogs things up. It’s difficult to take.”

Mauresmo seemed conflicted about whether she even wants to finish off the current season.

“I want to carry on playing, and at the same time I wonder if I don’t talk myself into it will I still have that desire?” she said. “As long as I’m motivated, I’ll continue.

“But there’s always that little something in the back of your mind wondering if it wouldn’t be better to stop.”

It´s getting ugly Mauresmo´s situation, I don´t think she´s ever reached this low on her brilliant career, let´s hope her motivation doesn´t go away!

Two years ago Mauresmo was the world number one. It just shows how fast things can change in tennis. When a player is at the top of the rankings there is this tendency to assume that they will remain at the top of the rankings or thereabout for many years to come. But when Mauresmo was last number 1 she was 27. Sustaining that kind of ranking past the age of 26 is very tough. Only a very few players have managed it.

If Amelie does retire she can retire knowing she has achieved almost everything she could have wished for when she started her career. She has had a great career.

Langers
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:38 AM
Cya! :wavey:

juki
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
She will at least play to French Open, surely...

Renalicious
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
I don't want to sound mean but maybe it's better if she retires, so she doesn't ruin her legacy...

akephon35695
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:59 AM
I respect her dicision because she has nothing to prove 2GL/number1 player.Maybe another one long break to do sth. else beside tennis will tell her what she want plus forget about bad loss

DutchieGirl
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:00 AM
Maybe in Doha she's playing with half full stadiums, but in Oz you couldn't get a damn seat at any of her matches! :fiery: ;)

IanRadi
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I'm not a big fan of Amelie but I wish her the best! She has made a great career so far and she deserves much more than all this :yeah:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:35 AM
She should keep playing until she wins the French Open

Pasta-Na
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:36 AM
she will change her mind when she wins 08 French Open :p

Forehand_Volley
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:36 AM
I really wished some former or present champion would step forward and help counsel Amelie at this very difficult time. Reminding her of the reason she plays tennis and help motivate her to continue her stellar career. I've watched her current coach in the stands numerous times and he seems to be overly negative for my taste. She needs someone more positive to help her get out of this slump.

Tennisstar86
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
I don't want to sound mean but maybe it's better if she retires, so she doesn't ruin her legacy...

No offense to Momo fans... but her legacy is being a mental case... (maybe the best mental case there was) but regardless... I dont see how if she continued to play and lose, how she would "ruin" her legacy....

I say keep playing at least for a couple years MOmo... youve still got 1 good run in you...

So Disrespectful
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
If Amelie thinks having lots of fans in the stands is the only reason to keep playing and give her best effort, then she probably should retire. :shrug:

Andy.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Well by the way she has been playing and by the players she has been losing to Im not suprised. It must be really tough for her and I was waiting for something like this to pop up. She should give herself more time though before making such a big decision but things are not looking great right now.

justine schnyder
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
That's sad :sad:
And with those losses to those players it's hard to see her confidence coming back...

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Shes lost her motivation so its probably best if she does retire

losing form is one thing, but she said last year that shes not bothered over results since she was ill-she isnt going to get her motivation back IMO

Ackms421
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:49 AM

So, forever? :tape:

No, just joking. I think she has some tennis left in her, yet. After the decade long build-up of "Will she win a slam?" the let-down was inevitable. But, she can come back. I've never been a big fan, but her best tennis is better than Henin's best, I think, she just produces it for 7 matches much less-frequently than some other top players. And, she produces it in clutch moments much less-frequently than other top players.

But, she hits the ball hard, serves well, is unique and creative, and she can volley. If she puts her head back on, she could win anywhere, the clay should've been the first that she won.

I think it's early to talk of retirement. A break wouldn't hurt though...

Pheobo
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
This is really sad for me because I've always thought she was the most talented and creative player of her generation. To be number 1 and to win 2 grand slams is great, but I think she should have more. She is such a great player, this isn't how I want her to go out :sad:

try for the French title, momo! :bounce:

Cakeisgood
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
at least finish the season, Amelie. Even off court, she's a head case. This is going to sound awful, but suck it up, practice more and win. Two years wasn't that long ago.

friendsita
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Poor Momo!

Ksenia.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
hope she recovers

Paneru
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
This record isn't over yet.
She'll find her way again.

Midnite Surfer
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Mauresmo considering retirement is insanity to me. It sounds like she may be burnt out but there is no way that Amelie has lost the massive amount of talent that she has always exhibited. Maybe she needs to take a step back and reassess her motivation - but there is no way any of the reasons she has mentioned are enough to retire.

Agassi Fan
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
this is a really sad news.

Natalicious
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
amelie dont give up yet :o
we all know that it's a hard time for her right now but to retire now is wrong IMO.

theDreamer
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:54 AM

forever?:p

edit - :lol: I knew I wouldn't be the only one to have posted that same response. :lol:

Robshots
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Probably one of my favorites of all time, it is sad to see her current form which is lightyears away from her best, who knows, maybe it is time? But i hope not!

Paneru
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Mauresmo considering retirement is insanity to me. It sounds like she may be burnt out but there is no way that Amelie has lost the massive amount of talent that she has always exhibited. Maybe she needs to take a step back and reassess her motivation - but there is no way any of the reasons she has mentioned are enough to retire.

It sounds more like frustration to me.

If she were winning and still feeling like this,
then i think maybe it's time. But it just feels
like since the last injury, she has yet to bounce
back to where she should be and the longer it continues
the worse it could get. Hope she just hangs in there.
Who knows, she sounds like one good tournament could
refuel her drive.

Weemee
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Amé has the game, she has the creativity and the talent, unfortunately confidence and mental toughness is harder to pull together, and can't be gained in the gym, or on the practice courts. A player of Momo's talents will come back.

Be easy on yourself, don;t forget true champions get back up again when they are knocked down, and no matter what happens, they still shine!

Allez!:bounce:

ikemstar
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Amelie is one of the most gifted tennis players to have touched a racquet, period. I would not even really count myself as a fan, but this is plain. Those who deny this are either fools or liars. She should quit *on her terms* - kicking ass, not slumping out with her tail between her legs.

Don't go out like this, Momo - you will regret it.

Serenidad.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM

She'll be playing for a long long long long long long longgggg time. Infinity.

A Magicman
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
Never been a real fan of her, but her play was really different compared to all the others and it was really fun to see her play in Berlin 2 years ago.

I still just refuse to believe that she is bound to leave Top30, I see it on the rankings, but my head just doesnt get it.

I think she does not ruin her legacy by playing, cos people will remember her for her accomplishments and not the crap from recent months.

Steffi Graf didnt ruin her legacy by losing against players like Julie Halard during her last year.... but she won the FO that year, too....

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Pretty random. It'd be sad to see her go, she's capable of more.

theDreamer
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
So, forever? :tape:

No, just joking. I think she has some tennis left in her, yet. After the decade long build-up of "Will she win a slam?" the let-down was inevitable. But, she can come back. I've never been a big fan, but her best tennis is better than Henin's best, I think, she just produces it for 7 matches much less-frequently than some other top players. And, she produces it in clutch moments much less-frequently than other top players.

But, she hits the ball hard, serves well, is unique and creative, and she can volley. If she puts her head back on, she could win anywhere, the clay should've been the first that she won.

I think it's early to talk of retirement. A break wouldn't hurt though...

cough...Bull...cough.

a few facts:
- No way she hits the ball harder than Henin - Henin regularly hits forehand and backhand
winners. In comparison, Mauresmo's forehands and backhands especially are extremely loopy.
- In comparison to henin, her 2nd serve returns her rubbish and this is integral to Henin's success
- The only serving advantage she has over Henin is because of her height
- Henin is also unique and creative
- Henin volleys pretty well as well (maybe slight edge to momo here)
- Momo's game is so not for clay. Going back to the 1st point, she totally lacks the weight
of shot to make an impact on that surface - Look at the people she lost to - Ivanovic, Vaidisova...
Her baseline game simply isn't good enough to deal with these kind of people on clay when they are on
form.
- In summary, Momo's biggest strengths are her serve, volleys and athletiscm - to me this mainly
screams Wimbledon, and definitely not clay.

It's funny that right after your questionable comment, you try to cover your tracks by
saying that she produces it less frequently than other top players - of course she does,
her tennis is simply not as good as theirs.

faboozadoo15
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
She just sounds frustrated to me, poised for a flameout or a zenith return to the top.

:tape: playing in front of half-full stadiums never seemed to bother her before.

I hope we haven't seen the last of her. She's got too much talent.

*Jean*
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
:sad:

Jenny.C.Fan
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM

Dodoboy.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
She might have her fairytale story at the French!...
That would be just amazing!

janezhang
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Amelie:sad:
anyway,good luck!!

mapaliey
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
momo....nooooooooooooo.....

mapaliey
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
She just sounds frustrated to me, poised for a flameout or a zenith return to the top.

:tape: playing in front of half-full stadiums never seemed to bother her before.

I hope we haven't seen the last of her. She's got too much talent.

me too.....:sad:

TomTennis
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Thats sad news, I think she should, and will, stick it out for at least another year.

With all things considered, this could be a very good year for her at RG. Instead of going in as a fav and being very nervous, she wont feel as much pressure to do well.

Bette_Midler
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
:sobbing: :tears: :crying2: :sad:

laurie
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Amelie is one of the most gifted tennis players to have touched a racquet, period. I would not even really count myself as a fan, but this is plain. Those who deny this are either fools or liars. She should quit *on her terms* - kicking ass, not slumping out with her tail between her legs.

Don't go out like this, Momo - you will regret it.

Agreed.

laurie
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
I would like to mention a few names Amelie should think of before she even thinks of quitting

Agassi, Ivanisevic, Sampras, Novotna all suffered terrible losses over long periods of time and came through. She should draw inspiration from these players and not quit premateurely or she will regret it. Even Pierce made a great comeback at 31 years old after years of injuries.

Emina.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Momo :sad::sad::sad:

gmak
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
i think it's frustration more than anything else :shrug:
she will surely play at the French and maybe she will surprise us all ;)

allez momo! :bounce:

No Name Face
Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
When things get tough, quit :yeah:

espresso
Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
If only Momo could read this :sad:

Don't Quit
Author Unknown

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victors cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!

Any chance someone could put it on her website or if there is some way she might be able to see it? :help:

Destiny
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM

Pasta-Na
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
dont retire pls, momo, u will play well again for sure.

Elisse
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
If Amelie thinks having lots of fans in the stands is the only reason to keep playing and give her best effort, then she probably should retire. :shrug:

Sadly, I agree with you :sad: Makes me sad to see her mention the 'half empty stands' and using that as an excuse......there are many lower ranked players who play in front of far less crowds but still continue to play and stay motivated...surely, if a player is concentrating on winning...they should be focused on the game and not on the crowd watching them! :o Also.....she recently played at Gaz de France.....in Paris and especially at the Gaz she has 99.5% support of the crowds there and she still lost in the quarterfinals this year - so to blame the 'half empty stands' is a very poor excuse!!!! :o

hkyen
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
It may be Ok
she can achieve Ranking Number 1, 2 GS(her favorite Wimbledon),Fed Cup champion. She have not intention to play tennis

CosmicDefender
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Considering how some people returned to the top from much worse slumps (Pierce, Seles, Serena), what Amelie says here is a good example of Clijsters style self-advertising.

esquímaux
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Retirement? Amelie knows what's best for her, but like so many other fans, I don't want to see her go...not yet...please!!! :sobbing:

Bette_Midler
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Sadly, I agree with you :sad: Makes me sad to see her mention the 'half empty stands' and using that as an excuse......there are many lower ranked players who play in front of far less crowds but still continue to play and stay motivated...surely, if a player is concentrating on winning...they should be focused on the game and not on the crowd watching them! :o Also.....she recently played at Gaz de France.....in Paris and especially at the Gaz she has 99.5% support of the crowds there and she still lost in the quarterfinals this year - so to blame the 'half empty stands' is a very poor excuse!!!! :o

Eli :hug:

I think Amélie s loyals fans deserves more respect in special all these fans that follow Amélie s tournies around the world, and support her no matter if she plays good or bad, and more now, in this time, in the bad moments.

How painful it s watching Mauresmo matches now, imagine if you are a fan, it s worst, but reading Amélies words make me think at moments how ungrateful it s Mauresmo sometimes with her fans, anyway her fans are with her

yes you can call it masochist:o:sad:

yes maybe is time to retire Amélie, go to your winecellar an enjoy your vintage wines and think better the things but please don t blame the fans :sad:

mariahdg
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
No,she did not use lack of spectators for a excuse.:o
Blame L'EQUIPE

Linnie
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
This is the L'Equipe interview (translated by Google :p), which certainly is not as hysterical and dramatic as the the original article indicates :rolleyes::

"Difficult to withstand"

Amelie Mauresmo suffers from her lack of results, but is not ready to disarm. Not yet.

Yesterday, in the late afternoon, in a soft sofa in the Four Seasons Hotel Doha, Amelie Mauresmo had come back to her horrible defeat on the eve face Tamarine Tanasugarn. A defeat hard to swallow that impelled to reject any comments the day before and which leads inevitably to ask "the" grand question: Is it time for the French to hang up her rackets? Without detour, Mauresmo made no secret she herself wondered. Not to be persuaded that the time for retirement has come.

EQ: Twenty-four hours after your defeat against Tanasugarn, how do you feel?
AM: calmed down a bit! Such a defeat comes great frustration. Going out of a match like that, competed in such rotten, it is difficult. On court, which bothered me most was to see my opponent remain calm despite the wind and cold crazy.

EQ: The defeat comes after poor performance in Australia while you were well prepared your season…
AM: And I felt better at the Open Gaz de France. I could positiver and elsewhere drives in Doha have been very good. And now, I have nothing could materialize here.

EQ: What conclusions do you draw from this?
AM: I spend a bit by all the states. I sometimes wonder what I crazy here, in front of the podium almost empty (Mauresmo played on a court annex in Doha). This is typically the kind of situation where we would like to be elsewhere. Yet I came to this tournament with the desire to do something good, but there is always a grain of sand stuck and prevents mechanical departing. It's hard to bear.

EQ: Do you question the continuation of your career?
AM: I want to continue, and at the same time, I wonder if I do not persuade me that I still have the desire. So what is the share of real? How much fantasy tied to the defeat and disappointment? It's hard to say.

EQ: If you continue to record poor performance, you are going to insist long?
AM: As long as I am motivated, I continue. All questions you may have about me, I also raised the. I am a person who has always worked by reflecting, trying to understand things, and analyse them.

EQ: Have you set benchmarks on this season?
AM: No, nothing specific. I concentrated on my preparation and knowing that I had worked, I thought that the results would follow. And then, as it does not follow, I am a little clueless compared with certainty that I had.

EQ: And if in doubt, you can quickly evacuate the issue of retirement?
AM: Yes and no. As soon as I feel exiting in the right direction, I take a stroke of each club to defeat. That's how it for months. So, inevitably, there is one thing which remains at the forefront of whether it would not be better to stop everything. But we are not there. This afternoon, during the discussion I had with "Lolo" (Loic Courteau, her coach) is the desire to continue that prevailed. We talked about the upcoming tournaments in the United States (Indian Wells and Miami) and I will do what I had envisioned last summer: leave without Loïc. I shall certainly ask Alexia (Dechaume, that caused Courteau Mauresmo before it is today and its communication) to come with me at least for Indian Wells and I will see if Michel (Franco, her physiotherapist) will come for one or two tournaments. [NOTE: nothing mentioned about not continuing after Miami]

EQ: During your career, you have crossed a lot of periods of doubt and you have always emerged stronger. In 2005, you were at the bottom of the hole after the defeat in the final of Fed Cup, to the point of considering stop your season in September. But two months later, you won the Masters. This type of reference can still help you?
AM: In 2005, it was a bit different. The difficult period was much shorter. More brutal but shorter. It was hard, everyone said that I was finished. After it is returned with a vengeance. But at the time, I had not achieved all my goals, I had not yet won Grand Slam (she won the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006). So, it could be a driving force for me to revive the summit.

EQ: As observers, do you view the statistics, such as the one that said that you did not lose against a player above the hundredth place for five years?
AM: Before the stats or references, I first balls (?). Then, of course that I think the same things as you. The questions, that's also: Is what I am going to be able to one day be able to beat the elite? Is what I am going to return again one day five, six or seven matches in a row?

EQ: This passage empty several months may be the fact that you say that it is not much seasons before you, which makes you more pressure…
AM: No, no. I do not have this idea in mind. I have already shown my value and there is no sense of time passing too quickly in my mind.

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Shes just going through a rough patch, I dont think she will retire.

danieln1
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
I don´t think she should retire yet, because she is one of the best grass court players, along with the Sisters and Lindsay! Always when Wimbledon starts, they´re are the only real contenders, with Sharapova also... So, she should wait until Wimbledon to make a decision I think...

Juarito
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Dont give up Amelie! continue fighting :boxing:

jerryxiao1988
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
:eek:Hope she is just too disappointed and does not take it seriously.:help:
Hold on, and make a fabulous comeback.

espresso
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
AM: In 2005, it was a bit different. The difficult period was much shorter. More brutal but shorter. It was hard, everyone said that I was finished. After it is returned with a vengeance. But at the time, I had not achieved all my goals, I had not yet won Grand Slam (she won the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006). So, it could be a driving force for me to revive the summit

For me I find this part very interesting. She says there that she had not won a GS, so it was driving force for her to get back to the top. Well, she hasn't won all the GS's, why not make RG a driving force, why not make a Gold Medal a driving force? :confused: That surely must be motivation no?

Ellery
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Amelie :hug:

NeoZod19
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, this must be tough for her!! :(

And I don't think she will gain and stay in top 10 again!! too bad tough

DA FOREHAND
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:16 PM

One more AO and it will be 10 years since she stunned Lindsay in the semis and scared Hingis so much she started a pysche job on Amelie w/the half man comments.

tennis-jack
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Dont retire amelie

hurricanejeanne
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hopefully Amelie can start to turn her results around so she can rebuild her confidence. But it's not looking very good right now. :(

Il Primo!
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM

Which is not that solid to begin with...

Hope she makes a full year. Can't get enough of these pathetic losses.*I'm a so cruel and I'm loving it* :devil::worship:

sweetpeas
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Mauresmo has all the tennis talent :wavey::kiss:,one could ask for!Now get back to work,lady!You can do it!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

Indytennis
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Which is not that solid to begin with...

Hope she makes a full year. Can't get enough of these pathetic losses.*I'm a so cruel and I'm loving it* :devil::worship:

No you're not cruel you're just pathetic. How sad to laugh and worship at someone else's hardships. But its cool because I am sure you have accomplished so much more than Amelie in your own life..thats what gives you the right to be a complete ASS!!

Dawn Marie
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Amelie will be fine. This shows that she is human. She is stating what many other plays think in their own camp. Right now Momo is grieving. She is at the bargaining stage right now.
She will struggle some more but will win at least another grandslam. She has loads of talent and game not to.

She is in a slump, but she will prevail.

What prolly ticking her off more than anything is the injuries that she has to continue to overcome.