PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Draw

Lindsayfan32
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
The Memphis draw is out and here it is. Lindsay got a qualifier in the first round and could play Venus in the semi final and this will be the first tournament that Lindsay will seeded as she is the number four seed. Here is the rest of the draw.

Singles draw

(1)Venus Williams (USA) v Q
Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS) v Q

Yuliana Fedak (UKR) v (wc)Amber Liu (USA)
(8)Laura Granville (USA) v Q

(4)Lindsay Davenport (USA) v Q
Evgenia Rodina (RUS) v Anastasia Yakimova (BLR)

Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA) v (wc)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR)
(6)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Milagros Sequera (VEN)

(7)Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) v Severine Bremond (FRA)
Stephanie Dubois (CAN) v Vania King (USA)

Melinda Czink (HUN) v Olga Poutchkova (RUS)
(3)Shahar Peer (ISR) v Ahsha Rolle (USA)

(5)Olga Govortsova (BLR) v Mashona Washington (USA)
Renata Voracova (CZE) v Maret Ani (EST)

Lilia Osterloh (USA) v (wc)Julia Goerges (GER)
(2)Tatiana Golovin (FRA) v Bethanie Mattek (USA)

dybbuk
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:30 AM
Good luck Lindsay. Lindsay-Caro could be fun, Wozniacki is growing on me.

Dave.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
Good luck Lindsay! Yet another tough draw. :rolleyes:

So good to have her seeded again though.

hurricanejeanne
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:41 AM
First of all it's great to see Lindsay seeded again.
The draw is okay, Caroline isn't a push over and certainly will be tough for Lindsay. The semifinal possibility between Lindsay and Venus will be interesting to say the least.

Good luck, Lindsay :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
Tough draw :o

Carolina Wozniaki in QF, Venus in SF and maybe Liciski in first round.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM

Yeah Liciski had her win Lindsay doesn't get beaten by player ranked 130 too often and if she does play her again she will know what to expect this time around.

Nikki
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Good luck Lindsay, its good to see her seeded again:)

Highlandman
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Good luck Lindsay :) Maybe a rematch against Sabine :p

MH0861
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
OMG if she plays Lisicki :haha:

Draw is OK, would've preferred Golovin but this is another test for her. Hope she's gotten it together after Fed Cup a bit more.

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Good luck to Lindsay, I'll be cheering her!

Would love to see Lindsay v Caroline :hearts: But wouldnt know who I want to win :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM

If Lindsay gets Lisicki again, Lindsay better beat her soundly. She knows what to expect this time around from Lisicki.

Hopefully Lindsay is ready this time.

danieln1
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Lindsay, as always a tough draw in a tournament... I think she should beat Caro in the QF, then against Venus is impossible to know!

LDF
Feb 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Good luck Lindsay :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Lindsay's playing doubles with Lisa! :eek:

Doubles Main Draw

(1)Mattek/Voracova (USA/CZE) v Kondratieva/Sromova (RUS/CZE)
Dubois/Osterloh (CAN/USA) v Haynes/Washington (USA)

(4)Dekmeijere/Senoglu (LAT/TUR) v Lepchenko/Rodina (USA/RUS)
Fedak/Yakimova (UKR/BLR) v (wc)Glatch/Liu (USA)

Gullickson/Perry (USA) v Lefevre/Rao (FRA/IND)
(3)Davenport/Raymond (USA) v Baker/Erakovic (NZL)

Arvidsson/Czink (SWE/HUN) v Kloesel/Luzhanska (GER/UKR)
(2)Jidkova/Stewart (RUS/AUS) v Ani/Bremond (EST/FRA)

brayster87
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Go Lindsay......in both singles and doubles!!!

LindsayRulz
And they play tomorrow not before 4PM Memphis time :)

Lindsayfan32
Lindsay's playing doubles with Lisa! :eek:

Doubles Main Draw

(1)Mattek/Voracova (USA/CZE) v Kondratieva/Sromova (RUS/CZE)
Dubois/Osterloh (CAN/USA) v Haynes/Washington (USA)

(4)Dekmeijere/Senoglu (LAT/TUR) v Lepchenko/Rodina (USA/RUS)
Fedak/Yakimova (UKR/BLR) v (wc)Glatch/Liu (USA)

Gullickson/Perry (USA) v Lefevre/Rao (FRA/IND)
(3)Davenport/Raymond (USA) v Baker/Erakovic (NZL)

Arvidsson/Czink (SWE/HUN) v Kloesel/Luzhanska (GER/UKR)
(2)Jidkova/Stewart (RUS/AUS) v Ani/Bremond (EST/FRA)

Thanks for posting the doubles draw I wondering if the women were playing doubles in Memphis.

Dave.
Feb 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Good luck to Lindsay and Lisa. Lisa has had a bad year so far without Sam, so hopefully Lindsay can help to get her going.

RJWCapriati
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Looks to be a fun tournament!!! What a semifinal showdown!! Can't wait - will be first meeting since 2005 Wimbledon w/ Venus!! (Excluding Hong Kong 06)

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Go Lindsay! Titles number 55 and 37 on itheir way! After what I saw in Doha it's clear to me that Venus is not in a good form. The draw loooks good.

The Daviator
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, Lindsay got the toughest possible opponent in the QFs, and the toughest possible opponent in the SFs :o

Venus-Lindsay would be so exciting, can't wait, good luck Linds!

Elldee
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I know Raymond is really highly ranked but I didn't think Lindsay would be seeded in doubles?? I really think Lindsay will give the doubles her all here this week because it's one of Lisa's favourite tournaments.

hurricanejeanne
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I didn't think Lindsay would play doubles here, but as long as she's healthy, then why not. Especially since they've always played so well together over the years. :)

Lindsayfan32
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I didn't think Lindsay would play doubles here, but as long as she's healthy, then why not. Especially since they've always played so well together over the years. :)

I totally agree with you hurricanejeanne but there is proberly another incentive to play. Double Olympic selection. I hope Lindsay keeps getting her doubles ranking up and Lindsay and Lisa are selected to play doubles at the Olympics. I think they would have a better chance of a medal that the Williams sisters :):)

Dave.
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Memphis campaign is up and running! Lindsay/Lisa win 6-0 6-0. :worship:

Elldee
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Lindsay was on court for 37 minutes and then she only has to play three more matches to win the title. Sounds like a pretty good deal for me, especially with a Sunday start.

MH0861
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Vs. Lisicki 1R :hearts: Beat this ho down this time!

It's the worst Q to get, but could be a great confidence booster if she avenges the loss - looking forward to it.

Feb 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
What is Lindsay's current doubles ranking?

Feb 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM
And does anyone know if the Tennis Channel is broadcasting this tournament at all?

MH0861
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:48 AM
What is Lindsay's current doubles ranking?

hurricanejeanne
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Vs. Lisicki 1R :hearts: Beat this ho down this time!

It's the worst Q to get, but could be a great confidence booster if she avenges the loss - looking forward to it.

We all knew she'd get Lisicki again too. :p :scared:

Hopefully, Lindsay kicks her ass this time. She knows how Lisicki's game is now so she knows how to adjust her own game to beat her. Good luck, Linds!

hurricanejeanne
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM
And does anyone know if the Tennis Channel is broadcasting this tournament at all?

Tennis Channel usually shows the final of the women's tournament. ;)

LindsayRulz
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:49 AM
:spit: @ the 6-0 6-0

and :o @ Lisicki again.

brayster87
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:28 AM
:spit: @ the 6-0 6-0

and :o @ Lisicki again.

Don't worry LindsayRulz, Linds knows how to correct what went wrong the last time they played....She will win in straight sets this time :)

DaMatz
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Don't worry LindsayRulz, Linds knows how to correct what went wrong the last time they played....She will win in straight sets this time :)

I donīt think that it will be in straight sets ;), only if Sabine hits too many double faults :P. Itīs hard because I like Lisicki and Lindsay :).The best will win ;).

Lindsayfan32
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I have a simple philosophy about sporting results and Lindsay's matches. Once they happen there is nothing I can do to change it. Also it's great Lindsay's back playing again and we have her matches to talk about again as I really missed her when she was gone and she's going to be a long time retired once she retires for good so let's enjoy matches while their there to be enjoyed as no one is sure for much longer Lindsay will play for.

ChampLindsay
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I donīt think that it will be in straight sets ;), only if Sabine hits too many double faults :P. Itīs hard because I like Lisicki and Lindsay :).The best will win ;).

hehe me too, but my heart goes with Lindsay and only my natinality with Sabine, so GO LINDSAYYYYYYY!:angel:

6:0 6:0 awesome performances by linds and lisa:hearts:

The Daviator
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
There is no way Lindsay is losing to her twice in a row, she'll be out to get a double bagel, I think she was complacent before the FC match, but not this time :devil:

LindsayRulz
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_32.jpg

Memphis, Tennessee, USA (February 23): Sony Ericsson WTA Tour legend Lindsay Davenport and ATP star James Blake fired signed tennis balls into the crowd during a timeout at the #1 Memphis vs. #2 Tennessee basketball game. The lucky recipients of the balls had the added bonus of winning a pair of free tickets for the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships & The Cellular South Cup.

DaMatz
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
There is no way Lindsay is losing to her twice in a row, she'll be out to get a double bagel, I think she was complacent before the FC match, but not this time :devil:

I donīt think that Lisicki will get a double bagel ;). Hope for an interesting match of both :).

LindsayRulz
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Hopefully you'll be right brayster87 :). Lindsay sure will come on the court with a better strategy than the last time they played. And if she doesn't hit 40+ UEs she should be OK to move through the next round. I expect a tough match but after what happened in FC I want Lindsay to win confortably, not a double bagel but something like 6-2 6-3 would be nice.

Elldee
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I love Lindsay and James. I'm a big fan. Lindsay looks great. Thanks for posting the pic.

LDF
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Come on Lindsay, make amends for the FC loss with a demolition job here :armed:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Lindsay doesn't lose to often to players outside the top 20 once little lone twice. Fore warned is fore armed so at least this time Lindsay will know how to play her.

cheo23
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_32.jpg

Memphis, Tennessee, USA (February 23): Sony Ericsson WTA Tour legend Lindsay Davenport and ATP star James Blake fired signed tennis balls into the crowd during a timeout at the #1 Memphis vs. #2 Tennessee basketball game. The lucky recipients of the balls had the added bonus of winning a pair of free tickets for the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships & The Cellular South Cup.

Omg!!!! Where did you get This pic?????

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Omg!!!! Where did you get This pic?????

Here : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/photogallery/

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I love Lindsay and James. I'm a big fan. Lindsay looks great. Thanks for posting the pic.

So I am I grand slam. James is one of the few men I will take the time to watch great to see James and Lindsay out about together. Pity James had to put out of the event due to a sore right knee though. Having bad knees myself he has my total sympathy.

Dave.
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Is it about to start? They are on the livescore now. Good luck Lindsay!

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM
:spit: 3 aces in a row to start her first service game.

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:24 AM
7-5 6-3 :bounce:

Served fot it at 5-2 and choked :hearts:

10 aces :hearts: 5 DFs

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Revenge is a dish best serve cold and it was a lesson well learnt from the Fed cup Lindsay won 7-5 6-3 and ten aces three on second serves. Serve percent of 64% and five double faults none of which by the live score feed came times to hurt Lindsay. Loved the three aces to start the match. Could Lindsay win a singles and a doubles title here? :):worship:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Amen for Lindsay beating Lisicki! Over all, much better preformance than Fed Cup by looking at the stats. I guess Lisicki's game is just the type that naturally bothers Lindsay. Still a couple of hiccups in the match, but to be expected. Still, yay! :banana:

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Did you watch the match Jeanne? Is Lindsay still wearing the boring white/pink color pattern of outfit?

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Finally something new :)

http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/assets/photos/other/Davenport_memphis1.jpg

:inlove:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Like what Lindsay's wearing it simple but nice and what's this Lindsay's wearing sleeves again? Lindsay looking really fit too. Thanks for the photo Lindsayrulz.

cheo23
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM

Omgg where did you Get all these PIcs????

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2008, 05:23 AM
It's pic and from the official tournament site. I've been looking for photos myself and haven't been able to find any yet. Here is the link

http://www.rmkchampionships.com/1/home/

This photo is on the front page.

LADL
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:59 AM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/937/s26seacowxw3.jpg

Davenport keeps cool, downs Lisicki in CSC opener
By Ron Higgins

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lindsay Davenport's preparation before her opening match Monday in the Cellular South Cup at the Racquet Club underscored her new tennis life.

She wasn't thinking strategy. She was thinking about how to get her eight-month old son Jagger to stop crying.

"He's always so happy, so I don't know why he was upset," Davenport said. "It took me 15 minutes to calm him down. It just happened to be at 7:45, 15 minutes before the start of the match, but it's one of the things that makes me feel blessed these days."

Once little Jagger settled down, Mom went to work, overcoming the big serves of Germany's Sabine Lisicki to record a 7-5, 6-3 victory over someone Davenport had just lost to a few weeks ago in the Federation Cup.

The turning point of the match came with the first set tied at 5-5 and Lisicki serving at 40-0. She had just pounded three straight serves -- all aces -- of more than 115 miles per hour.

Somehow, Davenport won five straight points, mostly by keeping the ball in play and letting an anxious Lisicki make the mistakes.

"She has a big serve, she's a dangerous returner and it's hard to break someone down love-40," Davenport said. "But having just played her really helped me so much. I think she's a very good player. I knew what to expect, and I was disappointed in my performance in the Fed Cup."

Said Lisicki, "This time, she made the important points and I made the little mistakes. She's more experienced. I'm still young."

If Davenport, 31, was looking for a new challenge for a career that has spanned just more than 15 years, including 54 singles titles, she has found one combining tennis and motherhood. She has set up her schedule to play in tournaments in which she can fly direct from Los Angeles, and she credits her husband for backing her decision to juggle her career.

"It's a different experience this time around, but most enjoyable," Davenport said. "When the days that I wonder what I'm doing outnumber the days I'm doing this, then I'll stop.

"But my son is a dream come true. He sleeps 10 hours a day. I look at my tennis for fun, that it's a brief period of the day. I really live for spending time with him and watching him change."

Davenport has a unique way of tracking her son's changes. She has three pictures of her and Jagger, each after she has won a tournament, including a January win in Bali.

"It's cool to see how he's changed from September to November to January," Davenport said. "Hopefully, we'll add a few more (trophies and pictures)."

http://commercialappeal.com/news/2008/feb/26/memphis-tennisfirst-round-starting-strong/

Elldee
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I really like the outfit. The second picture is unflattering tho... poor choice by the journalist.

Nikki
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Congrats Lindsay.

Thanks for posting the article & photos:)

ChampLindsay
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
great revanche Lindsay:worship:

and a really nice outfit:worship:

Michael!
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Semi-final should be no problem for Lindsay now! :bounce:
Sabine was a good test for her ;)

The Daviator
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Better outfit :yeah:

And well done on the win, Rodina should be straightforward, and then it gets interesting :devil:

Dave.
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I went to sleep after Lindsay won the first set 7-5 so it' good that she won it. :)

dybbuk
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Nice Linds. :) Solid win.

hurricanejeanne
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:03 PM

Lindsay always looks great in blue. :inlove:

And no I didn't watch the match, I was just watching the stats on the livescore which were better than what I had seen in Fed Cup. ;)

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Venus OUT :eek:

The Daviator
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Well she really should win this title now that both Tati and Vee are out, only Peer to worry about, but I kinda wish she got to play Venus, winning these titles are great, but I want some big wins too :p

MH0861
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Ding dong the bitch is dead :hearts:

But watch Linds loses to Rodina or something horrible.

MH0861
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Well she really should win this title now that both Tati and Vee are out, only Peer to worry about, but I kinda wish she got to play Venus, winning these titles are great, but I want some big wins too :p

I did too, but her form has been questionable as of late so I'd like a straightforward title at this point :D

I mean hopefully she gets to play Peer, she should ring Shahar's alarm in the final if that's the case anyways :hearts:

The Daviator
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I did too, but her form has been questionable as of late so I'd like a straightforward title at this point :D

I mean hopefully she gets to play Peer, she should ring Shahar's alarm in the final if that's the case anyways :hearts:

Aye, that's true, a title here would really restore the confidence after the FC loss, and a nice launchpad to her 3rd Indian Wells title :hearts:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I agree with you guys, now that Venus is out, Lindsay must win the title. Beating Venus in the SF would have given her more confidance but it's not a bad boost either to win a tournament no matter who you beat.

The whale :drool::hearts:

Elldee
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Ding dong the bitch is dead :hearts:

But watch Linds loses to Rodina or something horrible.

There's no real reason to think Lindsay will have a bad loss here - there's no precedent for it in smaller tournements.

ALLEZ ELL DEE!

LDF
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Damn, I would've liked to have seen a Venus-Lindsay semi...

Oh well. Win the title now, Lindsay :)

Elldee
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_33.jpg

ChampLindsay
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
3-1 great start:hearts:

ChampLindsay
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:31 PM
6-1 first set miss davenport :worship::worship::worship:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:32 PM
6 aces! :)

Lindsayfan32
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I don't know where these aces are coming from lately but gee it darn good and a 6-1 first set. I'll take a bread stick but I would've preferred a bagel I haven't had breakfast yet and it 7:30am in Australia.

ChampLindsay
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I don't know where these aces are coming from lately but gee it darn good and a 6-1 first set. I'll take a bread stick but I would've preferred a bagel I haven't had breakfast yet and it 7:30am in Australia.

it's now 9:30em in germany so after Lindsays match it's sleeping time:cool::worship:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Why is it so long to resume play? :unsure:

ChampLindsay
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:53 PM
6-1 *2-1, and 8 aces , Tower of Power:cool:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Another break *4-1 :dance:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
6-1 6-1

11 aces 2 DFs :worship:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM
6-1 second set and I was so hoping for that bagel. Oh well the serve went a lot better than in Lindsay's first round match. Did anyone see the match was it as good as it looked on the live scoreboard.

ChampLindsay
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM
6-1 6-1 - 11 aces, awesome performance!:kiss::worship:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
And she stayed so strong during break points on her serve (5/5).

Dave.
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Great match Lindsay!

Doubles later, good luck. :)

hurricanejeanne
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Classic beatdown by Lindsay. :woohoo:
She's had a lot of aces in these two rounds. That's a great stat to see. Hopefully her return of serve is improving as well!

Good luck in the quarterfinals, Lindsay! :bounce:

Feb 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Great job Lindsay on a dominating win

Feb 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM
What could be her rank if her and Lisa won the doubles tournament?

Lindsayfan32
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Classic beatdown by Lindsay. :woohoo:
She's had a lot of aces in these two rounds. That's a great stat to see. Hopefully her return of serve is improving as well!

Good luck in the quarterfinals, Lindsay! :bounce:

I've only watched live score feeds but the count is 21 aces and the service returns don't seem to bad either. But have to agree that it was a classic Lindsay beat down and hope there is more to come. :worship:

Michael!
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Great match from Lindsay, bad luck for Sabine that she faced Linds in 1st round. :sad:
But on a fast indoor surface Lindsay is almost unbeatable (look at her results in Filderstadt, for example.) ;)
Wozniacki shouldnīt be a big problem for Lindsay...
Now that Vee is out, Lindsay has great chances to reach the final!
Probably against Peer and we know how Shahar played in the last Memphis final :devil:

Elldee
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:05 PM
What could be her rank if her and Lisa won the doubles tournament?

Around 124.

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/assets/photos/other/davenport_memphis3.jpg

IanRadi
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Does anyone have more pictures of Lindsay playing in Memphis? Do you know where can I find them? :angel:

LindsayRulz
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Does anyone have more pictures of Lindsay playing in Memphis? Do you know where can I find them? :angel:

I can't find more pictures of Lindsay unfortunatly :(

The doubles match is already started, looks like Safin/Stepanek withdrew.

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Lindsay :kiss: I miss results like these, it seemed like this happened a couple of times a week 3 years ago. :lol:

LindsayRulz
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Lindsay and Lisa just won the first set 7-6 (12-10) :)

Dave.
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:50 AM
What's going on in Memphis? My livescore has stopped at 7-6 5-3 (0-15). Is anyone injured or something? :unsure:

LindsayRulz
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:54 AM
No, the livescore is a real mess tonight. The match is probably over right now.

The Daviator
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Great job tonight Linds :kiss: Pova beat Caro 6-0 6-1 last week, so Lindsay should be able to take her out without too much hassle :)

MH0861
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Linds/Lisa won 7-6 6-3 :D

Nikki
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Good singles & doubles result from Lindsay, hopefully this will continue:)

dav abu
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM
well done Lindsay

Dave.
Feb 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Lindsay is on Stadium court next. Good luck!

IanRadi
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Regions Morgan Keegan Championships - Quarterfinals

(4) Lindsay Davenport (USA) d. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 6-0 6-2 :banana:

The Daviator
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:40 AM
80% of pts won on 1st serve, 71% of pts won on 2nd :drool:

Lindsay :worship: Please keep up this serving pattern in IW-Miami-AI :yeah:

Erakovic next :spit:

LindsayRulz
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Beatdown :drool:

MH0861
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:45 AM
She'll kill Peer in the final, too :D

Lindsayfan32
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah I got my bagel. Wow what excellent service percentages. I've been out all morning so sorry if I'm a bit slow on the up take.

Dave.
Feb 29th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Lindsay is perfect. Keep it going Lindsay! :)

hurricanejeanne
Feb 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM

Lindsay :worship: Please keep up this serving pattern in IW-Miami-AI :yeah:

Erakovic next :spit:

I love it when she has stats like that. :drool:
I really hope she continues this form throughout the rest of the tournament and especially going into Indian Wells.

Good luck in the semifinals, Lindsay! :banana:

LindsayRulz
Feb 29th, 2008, 03:13 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080229/capt.589af7c5867342e5b43f3a21b3f7e011.memphis_tenn is_tnmh119.jpg

LindsayRulz
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:07 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080229/capt.4aef85717b544641beda81239c5987c1.memphis_tenn is_tnmh124.jpg

Left thigh looks strapped. The way Lindsay played tonight, I guess it's nothing serious.

ChampLindsay
Feb 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
well dioen Lindsay

good luck in semis,it's time for a bagel:wavey:

lindsayno1
Feb 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
expected - well done!

Nikki
Feb 29th, 2008, 02:40 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080229/capt.4aef85717b544641beda81239c5987c1.memphis_tenn is_tnmh124.jpg

Left thigh looks strapped. The way Lindsay played tonight, I guess it's nothing serious.

I'm pretty certain it was strapped in another round too. I think it is a psychological/preventive move by Lindsay.

Great stats for her match long may it continue:)

IanRadi
Feb 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Why does Lindsay always get good results in little tournaments but can't show her potential in big tournaments or when she play big players?

Dave.
Feb 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Why does Lindsay always get good results in little tournaments but can't show her potential in big tournaments or when she play big players?

I think in recent years at the Slams, her body has always been the problem. There's always been some sort of injury or she's run out of energy when she gets as far as the semis or final. And there are also occasions where the other player raises their game better in the key points, which IMO is something Lindsay hasen't done so well as she used to.

Obviously this year she didn't have a shot against Maria.

Outside of the Slams, she never usually has problems with the other big players (only the WS and Belgians have troubled her consistently).

The Daviator
Feb 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Because Sharapova, Henin and the Williams sisters don't play the little tournaments :lol: Lindsay is in a different league to the players in these Tier IIIs, in Slams and Tier Is the competition is tougher, but I still think she can beat a lot of the girls in the top 15.

LindsayfanTV
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:09 PM
6-0 3-0 up against Erakovic! Will we have another double bagel! Go Lindsay

LindsayRulz
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Damn, she lost a point :(

Lindsayfan32
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yay I got another bagel Marina didn't want to cooperate with second but Lindsay won 6-0 6-3 :worship::bounce::) I don't know what Lindsay been doing before matches this week but she should keep it up during Indian wells as she seems to playing really well at the moment. Hope it lasts for one more match.

LindsayRulz
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Amazing stats on serv :worship:

8 aces 3 DFs (2 DFs happened when Lindsay was up 40-0)

She lost 2 points on her service in the 2nd set with 100% of 1st serv point won [14/14]:)

The Daviator
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:33 PM

Today's stats -

85% won on 1st :eek: :worship:

71% won on 2nd :yeah:

This is really encouraging, granted they're not great returners, but I think she's coming into some really good form ahead of IW :D

Dave.
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
This is really encouraging from Lindsay.:yeah:

Good luck in doubles later!

hurricanejeanne
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Lindsay really seems to be working out some of the kinks she's had in her serving earlier this season. Her serving stats have been impressive.

Good luck in the final, Linds! :bounce:

ChampLindsay
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
amazing Lindsay:worship::worship:

55:angel::bounce::wavey::kiss:

LADL
Feb 29th, 2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_22.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_20.jpg

LindsayRulz
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:02 AM
Lindsay/Lisa's match is already on the livescore :eek:

Dave.
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:15 AM
That's a bit fast! Lindsay/Lisa already a break down.

LindsayRulz
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:39 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080229/capt.1a2d9204debb408481eb6d5e28b3c7e0.memphis_tenn is_tnmh117.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080229/capt.e6843bab39a84f82b85cba5bd4bae6d5.memphis_tenn is_tnmh118.jpg

The Daviator
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Lindsay/Lisa win 4-6 6-2 10-3 :D

LindsayRulz
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Yay! :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Lindsay plays in two finals tomorrow. When was the last time that happened? Also does anyone know anything about Lindsay's singles final opponent I've never heard of her. All I know is she's play in her first tour final to Lindsay's 94th.

The Daviator
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:28 AM
Lindsay plays in two finals tomorrow. When was the last time that happened? Also does anyone know anything about Lindsay's singles final opponent I've never heard of her. All I know is she's play in her first tour final to Lindsay's 94th.

The only thing I know about Govortsova is that she was beaten by Ivanovic 6-3 6-1 last week in Doha, she seems to be a big hitter, but I really can't see Lindsay losing, I doubt she'll win like today and yesterday, but maybe something like 6-3 6-3.

Don't know the last time she played in both singles and doubles finals :scratch: AO 2005? :lol:

LindsayRulz
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM

She's a headless ballbasher. She hits really hard and miss a lot. I think she was outside the top 300 at this time last year and she had her breakthrough last summer, I think she reached the semis at Stanford or something. Then she hasn't really showed anything intersting, last time she won 2 matches in a row was at Québec last year. She shoudn't be a problem for Lindsay tomorrow.

MH0861
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:41 AM
The only thing I know about Govortsova is that she was beaten by Ivanovic 6-3 6-1 last week in Doha, she seems to be a big hitter, but I really can't see Lindsay losing, I doubt she'll win like today and yesterday, but maybe something like 6-3 6-3.

Don't know the last time she played in both singles and doubles finals :scratch: AO 2005? :lol:

Tokyo 05 ;)

The Daviator
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:47 AM
Tokyo 05 ;)

Close enough :lol:

Dave.
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:17 AM
Great win Lindsay and Lisa! :bounce:

Tommorow, Lindsay will contest her 152nd and 153rd tour finals. :worship: (her 93rd final in singles, and 60th final in doubles).

Lindsay has won singles and doubles at these events:

Strasbourg 1995
Los Angeles 1996
Indian Wells 1997
Amelia Island 1997
Stanford 1998
San Diego 1998
Wimbledon 1999
Stanford 1999
Indian Wells 2000
Filderstadt 2001
Zurich 2001

This is the 28th time Lindsay has reached singles & doubles finals in a tournament.

Ok I'm done.:p Good luck Lindsay!! :yeah::hearts::bounce:

Lindsayfanumber1
Mar 1st, 2008, 05:09 AM
Good luck Linds :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered my question about Govortsova and the last time Lindsay played in the doubles and singles final of the same event and thanks to Dav_6789 for listing all of them. it's been that long I had forgotten when and where most of them happned.

lindsayno1
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Thats nice....! Its good her serving has increased and shes getting some awesome points, but ill be more interested when she plays proper tournaments!! Good luck in the final!

ChampLindsay
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
good luck in both finals, Lindsay:kiss:

any livestream???or will it be shown on any tv-channel?

IanRadi
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
I want pictures of Rayport :(

Dave.
Mar 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Cheo23 posted this article in GM.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...3fTj7k1PZuDKSA

Govortsova books date with Davenport in Memphis final

MEMPHIS, Tennessee (AFP) — Olga Govortsova reached her first WTA Tour final Friday by defeating last year's runner-up Shahar Peer 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 in the semi-finals of the WTA Memphis tournament.
The fifth seed from Belarus beat third seeded Peer for the second consecutive time.

"It feels really good to get to my first final in only my second year on the WTA Tour," the 19-year-old Govortsova said.

She advances to the final where she will face former World No 1 Lindsay Davenport, who easily beat Kiwi Marina Erakovic 6-0, 6-3 in the other semi-final.

Govortsova was looking forward to meeting Davenport in the final because the former Olympic champion and three-time Grand Slam winner was her idol when she was young.

"I want to play against Lindsay because she was favourite player growing up," Govortsova said. "I like to watch her play."

Govortsova also beat Israel's Peer in the second round of last year's Stanford tournament. Her previous best showing in a WTA event was a semi-final berth in Tashkent in 2007.

In the opening set, Peer broke in the opening game and then lost serve in the sixth and eighth games to drop the set.
Govortsova, who saved match point in her second-round match against Renata Voracova, fell behind 5-1 to Peer in the second set. Peer eventually served it out to win 6-3.

The Belarussian regained the momentum in the third set by breaking for a 3-1 lead. She broke at 0-40 to clinch the win in the final game.

On the men's side, Steve Darcis, of Belgium, routed Germany's Benjamin Becker 6-1, 6-0 in an early quarter-final match.

Swedish veteran Jonas Bjorkman also advanced, with a 1-6, 6-2, 7-6 (8/6) victory over American Donald Young.

hurricanejeanne
Mar 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM
good luck in both finals, Lindsay:kiss:

any livestream???or will it be shown on any tv-channel?

Tennis Channel is showing the singles final tonight live at 8pm EST. I'd tape it I had something to tape it with. :p

Good luck, Linds! :bounce:

tennisboi
Mar 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow Lindsay the title is yours:)

joaco
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
nice stats! thanks... GO LINDSAY in the final

Nikki
Mar 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Good results now finish in style. Good luck Lindsay:bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Wow Lindsay won 6-2 6-1 she never faced a break point for the whole match again. I was doing other stuff while the match was on and nearly missed it. Did anyone see the match? Was as good from Lindsay as the score line suggests? I hope her form holds for Indians wells in eight days time. if it does she could make some noise there and may be beat a seed or two or three

:worship::):worship::):worship::):worship::):worsh ip::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce :

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:12 AM
Title #55! :bounce:

Once again amazing stats on serve, 24/27 (89%) of first serve points won. Hasn't faced a break point :)

Keep it up in IW/Miami Lindsay!

Lindsayfan32
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Title #55! :bounce:

Once again amazing stats on serve, 24/27 (89%) of first serve points won. Hasn't faced a break point :)

Keep it up in IW/Miami Lindsay!

Title 55 and 56 coming in Indian wells you might get your whale :)

Syke n' Sugar
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
Now win it in doubles too :armed:

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
I think Lindsay will be seeded at IW so no Sharapova before the 3rd :)

Lindsayfanumber1
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
:)
Love the way she's served this week :eek:
Amazing Linds :drool:

Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
I think Lindsay will be seeded in the 28 to 32 seed range

hurricanejeanne
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
:woohoo:
Lindsay's serve was amazing tonight. I mean, it's been awesome all week, but to actually see it was awesome. Title #55. Amazing. :worship:

I hope she plays like this in Indian Wells, if she does with a nice draw she could do really well. Time to go Whale Hunting now! :banana:

The Daviator
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Lindsay :worship: She's definitely picked up her form from Down Under/Fed Cup looking at the stats.

Now time to move on from the Tier IIIs, she's ready to some damage on the big stage now, starting in the desert in two weeks time :devil:

Lindsayfanumber1
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
We want the whale back Linds..
It worked with Dani so :p
:angel:

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
I think Lindsay will be seeded in the 28 to 32 seed range

Yeah, it means Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Jankovic/Ivanovic in the 3rd.

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:33 AM
We want the whale back Linds..
It worked with Dani so :p
:angel:

We've never had the whale :lol:. When Lindsay won in 97/00 it was a little punch bowl :(

The Daviator
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
I was thinking we should do what the Hantuchova fans did last year since we all want her to win IW so bad :lol:

But she never won the whale :o :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:41 AM
OH you are right guys :tape:
We could invent one :tape:

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080302/capt.a166efe5dfd64491a9c574b53a0bb423.memphis_tenn is_tnmh119.jpg

Jagger's hair :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:40 AM
I was thinking we should do what the Hantuchova fans did last year since we all want her to win IW so bad :lol:

But she never won the whale :o :lol:

I was thinking this too, but then I also realized she won Indian Wells pre-whale. :lol:

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Lindsay and Lisa won the doubles 6-3 6-1 :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Lindsay and Lisa won the doubles final 6-3 6-1 for Lindsay and Lisa 9th title together and Lindsay 37th doubles title someone correct me if I'm wrong.:worship::):bounce:

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
Will Mamaport bring baby Jagger on the court during the doubles trophy ceremony? :scratch: First time she wins a title in doubles since her comeback...

LADL
Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/davenport%2008memphis%20sat%20200.jpg

LindsayRulz
Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:34 AM
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/assets/photos/other/davenport_memphisfinal.jpg

LADL
Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/assets/photos/150x200/raymonddavenport_dubs.jpg

pilou
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:01 AM
good job, congrats, and jagger is so cute

Dave.
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
This is so great! 4 out of 6 tournaments won and now a doubles title there aswell! Lindsay is actually unbeaten in doubles this year. :woohoo:

now onto Indian Wells. :bounce:

LADL
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5216/2d1frg2.jpg

mike/topgun
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
That's a great result a title in doubles and singles at one tourney.:)

Those 4 titles were all fantastic, but I think that Lindsay is capable of making a significant result on the biggest stages. She only needs to bring same level as she showed in Memphis to IW and a little bit of luck with the draw(Sharapova in the opposite half would be enough) so that should give her the chance to get higher in the ranks, cause on Monday Lindsay's rank would be around 35.;)

LindsayfanTV
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Great results in Memphis ~ Lindsay didn't look back after the first round. What she has achieved since her return is amazing. She looks relaxed, is philosophical in her approach and not putting too much pressure on herself.

I guess if she wants to win a medal in Beijing, the next few months and higher rated tournaments will be the big test as well as Wimbledon where she should do well.

I just hope IW and Miami see her progress to the later rounds so that she can show what she is capable of against the top seeds. They should be very worried if she takes her Memphis form with her

Go Lindsay!

jacs
Mar 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Boy that kid has very pointy ears...

Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
I would love Lindsay to play Jankovic or Ivanovic and beat them in the third round

hurricanejeanne
Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/davenport%2008memphis%20sat%20200.jpg

Jagger is really starting to take after Jon now. :lol:

Here's hoping for a good draw in Indian Wells so she can make some serious damage. :bounce:

Nikki
Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Well done Lindsay on a fine tournament, hopefully she an continue her fine form:worship:

Jagger is so cute:)

cheo23
Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Where did you ALL get these AWESOME pics of Jagger???

LADL
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/players/photogallery/2008/saturday08/2.jpg
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/players/photogallery/2008/saturday08/3.jpg
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/players/photogallery/2008/saturday08/4.jpg

LADL
Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9525/u2407p6t12d3506832f44dtcn6.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4899/u2407p6t12d3506831f44dtmv7.jpg

LindsayRulz
Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it means Sharapova/Kuznetsova/Jankovic/Ivanovic in the 3rd.

I just realized that I made a mistake. Seeds 25-32 play 1-8 in the 3rd round. So Linday might play also against Hantochova/Bartoli/Dementieva or Schnyder :).

dulkogii
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
It´s so beautiful this baby!

Congrats Lind!

LADL
Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:22 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_18.jpg
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_17.jpg
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/memphis/f_16.jpg

Emmanya
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I just realized that I made a mistake. Seeds 25-32 play 1-8 in the 3rd round. So Linday might play also against Hantochova/Bartoli/Dementieva or Schnyder :).

Omg Bartoli would be amazing. But you know she just has to draw Sharpie again :o

Elldee
Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
love the lindsay/lisa pic.

Mar 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM
How many of these crystal vases does Lindsay already have? Seems like so many!!

Dave.
Mar 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
How many of these crystal vases does Lindsay already have? Seems like so many!!

I know, they're so boring. I prefer Lindsay to win real trophies like Auckland but Lindsay plays her best in the crystal vase tournaments (aka any american one).

LindsayRulz
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Dementieva and Vakulenko OUT of IW. Lindsay is one withdraw away from the 24th seed which would means no top 8 seed before the 4th round.

Mar 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Is there anyone in the main draw that is likely to withdraw?

lindsayno1
Mar 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
hopefully...!