PDA

View Full Version : Can Dominica Cibulkova become the next media sensation?

espresso
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
I must admit I'm very taken with this girl, apart from her looks and personality her game is very, very entertaining and she goes for absolutely everything.

If and when she starts winning tournaments (which I hope she will with a bit more experience), could she become the next media sensation together with Ivanovic and Sharapova?

bwahahahahaha
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
No. She is too short :devil:

espresso
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
No. She is too short :devil:

What has being short got to do with it? Or were you joking :confused:

Dodoboy.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yes

smokovec
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
I think it's too early for this, but Dominika is costantly improving the game, she is already a great defensive player, so she need to develop the offensive and net game.

Duramont
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I love this girl now! :hearts:

Her game is indeed very attractive to watch. If she gets more consistent on her serve and goes more often to the net she is the next top 20 player for sure. :)

sd3300123
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
I like this little girl

Natash.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
She's a very sweet girl and I :hearts: her. I only hope the best for her. :yeah: :D

Dexter
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe if she had a bigger game? :shrug: Anyway I'm sure she will get plenty of attention as she's gonna break top30 soon. :yeah:

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
"together with Ivanovic and Sharapova?"
Keep those 2 separate. Only one is a sensation.

Dave.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ivanovic is a media sensation....

Dominika seems really nice in her interviews and she is great to watch. I hope she gets to top 20 soon because I am starting to like her now.

Dexter
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
"together with Ivanovic and Sharapova?"
Keep those 2 separate. Only one is a sensation.No there's 2 of them... Chakvetadze & Kuznetsova. In Goldie's world.:hug: :tape:

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sharapova has 3 majors. And is the highest paid woman athlete.
Maybe DC can get whatever Ivanovic has.

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
If she repeat on-court and off-court success of her compatriot Daniela Hantuchova (TOP5, GS SF, couple YEC's and couple tier-I) it will be very nice for Dominika. Compare her with Ana and especialy with Maria after her career first TOP10 win is realy too early... dont forget that she is only two WEEKS younger than Vaidisova which reach TOP30 in 2005 and Domi still trying.

Wiggly
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
It's very tough to be a "media sensation".
You need to be young, pretty and have big results.

And you need to be different thant the 100 others ovas.

Only Sharapova is a true media sensation. Ivanovic is talked a lot about but outside the tennis world, she's unknow.

supergrunt
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
So she gets one upset and all of the sudden she is tennis' media darling :unsure: .

A'DAM
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Honestly she is to short to be seen as the next BIG thing ;)

Drake1980
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
she can for sure. She is much better looking than the current crop.

espresso
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
So she gets one upset and all of the sudden she is tennis' media darling :unsure: .

:weirdo:

supergrunt
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
:weirdo:

No :weirdo: It is the truth.

The Daviator
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Sharapova has 3 majors. And is the highest paid woman athlete.
Maybe DC can get whatever Ivanovic has.

Ivanovic has the most visited player website of all players, even beating Federer, and she received more media coverage at the Australian Open than any other player, even more than Sharapova, Djokovic and Federer.

So yes, she is a sensation :)

alwayshingis
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately another part of being a media sensation is having a name that is easy for the American media to pronounce, and they will not know whether it is a hard C or a soft C at the beginning of Cibulkova. So they will avoid talking about her for fear of mispronouncing her name.

saint2
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
I have a feeling that in her country shes already now "sensation"...

frontier
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
After beating Venus she is a media sensation!good luck to her and she should keep in mind what happened to Sesil,Pironkova and others.

AcesHigh
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Ivanovic has the most visited player website of all players, even beating Federer, and she received more media coverage at the Australian Open than any other player, even more than Sharapova, Djokovic and Federer.

Thank you :worship:

tennisbear7
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Lol, don't you just love it when goldenlox starts stirring shit on this board? It's fine to be nationalistic, but not when you're deludedly so.

I'm not sure Domi's game is big enough, though. Her serve needs work.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Her loss to Radwanska was a fluke, of course. I highly doubt Cibulkova will lose another set in her career, honestly.

Cibulkova for the non-calendar career slam starting in April! :worship:

---

Jokes aside, no. She isn't pretty at all, which is just my opinion; I know she's considered "hot" or whatever around here. And if she gets a fourth of Sharapova's results, she should consider herself extremely well done.

Hant11
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:38 PM

thats means nothing
her website is updated every day
the website of roger is not great, i don't like the design and i think i'm not the only one. and it's not updated every day.

Sean.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ana is starting to make ripples outside the tennis world, recently I've heard people talking about her that I know don't follow tennis.

Sharapova is definately more known but she has been on the scene longer her 04 Wimbledon title gave her a boost

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:02 PM
If she wants to follow the media game... why not ? . Looks is there

Myggen
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Cibulkova will probably compete with the likes of Peer, Radwanska, Zvonareva and Safina in the years to come, but will most of the time lose to the top players. But personality wise she is so much more interesting than these girls, so she might get some media attention. It was very obvious in today's match. If I were looking for somebody to promote my brand and had the choice between the grey and boring Radwanska and the exciting and colorful Cibulkova, I would have a very easy choice indeed.

tobi
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM

Thats because it is updated and it is a great website.

Even I am checking at times and I am far away from her fan and it is nothing to do with "sensation".

Destiny
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Needs a shorter name
love her though

yolis
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Well, as somebody has already said, maybe she is sensation in Slovakia. Actually, I think Slovaks love especially her fight in Fed Cup and one important think - heart in her game.
After beating Venus she became more known in international tennis world, but everything will slowly come off if she wonīt defend her good results.
And I agree with possibility of avoiding talking about her in especially American medias. Her name isnīt easy to pronounce for english - speaking world.
To sum up, she can be media sensation;)

Paneru
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
After beating Venus she became more known in international tennis world, but everything will slowly come off if she won´t defend her good results.

Seems to happen often when young
unknowns get the upset over Venus.

Then, it seems the pressure of
expectation proves too great.

safinismine
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Depends on her scores, but I doubt it, I mean I only heard about her a few weeks ago and I have been following tennis ( granted, on and off) for approx 6 years.

I think Ana is a media sensation (nowhere near Maria at the moment) and when she wins a GS, I'm sure she will be even more so.

So Disrespectful
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Only Sharapova is a true media sensation. Ivanovic is talked a lot about but outside the tennis world, she's unknow.

Which is why I was surprised to see more people cheering for Ivanovic at the Australian Open this year.

safinismine
Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Which is why I was surprised to see more people cheering for Ivanovic at the Australian Open this year.

Most likly because Australians don't seem to like Maria and her 'antics'( one newspaper had the headline about her winning the AO as 'Easier to admire than love; the prima donna of centre court takes her due') and the fact that Ana was dubbed 'Aussie Ana' because she has relatives in Melbourne.

mankind
Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Don't think so, but I'm sure that naked photo of her will take her maybe halfway there.