PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova up to #7

Kworb
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Wow! I wonder if she can ever be top 5 again.

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:49 AM
What!!!
oh hell to the no, Venus will be #7 again after Memphis

Slutati
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM
Oh yeah:woohoo:Dani will be top 5 in no time:p

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM
:haha: @ Uranium

Daniela could get up there, sure. She needs consistent results. The AO was a good start.

LindsayRulz
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:00 AM
How can Venus be #7 after Memphis? She's the defending champ...

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
How can Venus be #7 after Memphis? She's the defending champ...

didn't she just lose her memphis points, meaning she can regain them.
that's kinda how Daniela moved up from Vee losing memphis points.
right?

LudwigDvorak
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:02 AM
2R, SF, QF, QF. Unfortunately she's only 2-2 since AO, but she'll fix that up.

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:02 AM

Daniela could get up there, sure. She needs consistent results. The AO was a good start.

:yawn::rolleyes:
i hate you:):)

Derek.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM
:)

Kworb
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Memphis was moved up a week in the schedule I think, that's why the points came off early.

AK-DH Fan
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
:) !!!!

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
didn't she just lose her memphis points, meaning she can regain them.
that's kinda how Daniela moved up from Vee losing memphis points.
right?

i was right, Memphis was played this week last year, so Vee's points were taken off, so next week Venus can win Memphis and gain #7:bounce:

sd3300123
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:10 AM
I do not think she can make into the top 5 again

LudwigDvorak
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Well, first she was never going to win another title. Win a title OTHER than Indian Wells. Be top ten again. Make a slam semifinal/reach another slam quarterfinal period. Now she'll never be top five again. :devil:

Dani for #1. :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:17 AM

Ofcourse she can. She needs to defend those upcoming Indian Wells points first though :bounce:.

Buitenzorg
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Dani has to produces consistent results :) and she capable to do so!

would be a very tough task for her though to be back to TOP 5 :)

I think TOP 4 very easily occupied for a little bit long for Henin, Ivanovic, Jankovic and Sharapova (doubt about Kusnetsova! sorry no offence to Sveta :kiss:)

Tennisstar86
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Dani has to produces consistent results :) and she capable to do so!

would be a very tough task for her though to be back to TOP 5 :)

I think TOP 4 very easily occupied for a little bit long for Henin, Ivanovic, Jankovic and Sharapova (doubt about Kusnetsova! sorry no offence to Sveta :kiss:)

Sorry, but I think the only "safe" top 4 is Henin... Jankovic should have lost 1rst round at the AO..... (girl let her off the hook) Ivanovic... Hantuchova just let her off the hook at the AO.... Kuznetsova has never impressed me. And Sharapova has shown when she goes off..... she goes cold for a while.... So yes its very possible.... she has the game... just gotta get the nerves together.... IF amelie got them together to get two GS anyone can...

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
:woohoo:

Come on Dani!!!

Ackms421
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:56 AM
She almost *never* beats top players. She's ridiculously predictable with her results, and she doesn't have any real weapons.

She's very consistent, but she never wins a match that she's not the favorite to win. The two Indian Wells titles are impressive, but when all is said and done, they'll be apparitions. She's very lucky to be at #7. That's a bit inflated IMO.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
And best thing of all, she's #4 in the SE Race... behind Maria, Ana & Justine :bounce:

It's gonna be a good year for her.

plantman
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
And best thing of all, she's #4 in the SE Race... behind Maria, Ana & Justine :bounce:

It's gonna be a good year for her.

Yes it is!:bounce::bounce:

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
She's very lucky to be at #7. That's a bit inflated IMO.

She plays a lot, and she's #4 in the race. I think she'll hang around the top 6-9 all year, and maybe with good indoor results will get herself a top5 year.

DimaDinosaur
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
:haha: NO

mapaliey
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
top5,yes she can.....

So Disrespectful
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:57 AM
If she defends her points from last year and does better at the grand slams, particularly the US Open, she could be in the top 4. I don't see that happening but making the top 5 for a couple of weeks is very realistic.

AcesHigh
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:14 AM
She might reach top 5 for a week or for a few weeks. I don't think she'll be there long though.

Lunaris
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:23 AM
She almost *never* beats top players. She's ridiculously predictable with her results, and she doesn't have any real weapons.

She's very consistent, but she never wins a match that she's not the favorite to win. The two Indian Wells titles are impressive, but when all is said and done, they'll be apparitions. She's very lucky to be at #7. That's a bit inflated IMO.
Top 10 is a joke, so many players without any real weapons in it. First it was Chakvetadze, then Jankovic, Bartoli, now Hantuchova and there's always braindead Kuznetsova. The whole tour must be in a terrible shape I guess. ;)
We need all those magnificent players like Peer, Safina, Petrova, Schnyder or Bammer to take their rightful place in top 10 instead of those scrubs with no weapons.
Seriously, the only players outside of top 10 who play at top 10 level and I have no problem to imagine being in top 10 are Dementieva and Vaidisova. Others are either after their zenith or too inconsistent.
But fear thou not, Hantuchova will lose the IW points soon. Her ranking will no longer be "inflated".

mandy7
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
Daniela :rocker2:

Henpova
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Can she do it, yes but with her you never know. So we will see.

Hell I would love to see the top five be.

1. Henin
2. Sharapova
3. Jankovic
4. Hantuchova
5. Golovin

That will never happen but it would be great.

mankind
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:19 AM

I am not a fan of Hantuchova, at all, but her AO form was extremely impressive. If she can pick that up again she'll have plenty of top 10 wins under her belt.

Renalicious
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
She can and she will. COME ON!

So Disrespectful
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
She almost *never* beats top players.
Out of the current top 10 Daniela has at least one win over; Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Chakvetadze, Kuznetsova, Jankovic, Ivanovic and Bartoli, leaving just Venus. I think that is proof that she can beat any player on a given day.

She's also 9th on the list of active players with the most top 10 wins. Quite impressive when you consider that she really wasn't the same player from mid 2003-2006. The argument that her peers are younger and therefore have less top 10 wins really isn't applicable because of her personal struggles and poor play during those years. 2002, 2007 and now early 2008 show her true potential in my opinion.

Ben.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Well done Dani :yeah: although she has to do a lot of work to stay in that position at IW.

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Daniela is so underrated. Her AO form was perhaps the most impressive, bar Sharapova. She couldn't hold onto that match with Ivanovic though. That's the difference.

dani-fan
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
The biggest problem now is that she cannot keep up her performance during the match. We have seen so many matches when she started off really well and then collapsed afterwards. If she can work and improve on that, I am pretty sure she can return to top 5 and maybe higher.

jonny84
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
She has to defend Indian Wells as well - which could be a big effort. Would be nice to see her again in Top5, but she has a lot of work to do.

Slumpsova
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
this is crazy :rolleyes:

Dodoboy.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Nope...After Indian Wells won't she be no.8?

ce
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
:haha:
:help:

Wiggly
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
If she has the same results as last year, with better GS and a better hard court summer, watch out. :D

Thanx4nothin
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
How odd she certainly isnt the 7th best player in the world if anything she is around top 15 for me but the rankings say different. Well done to her, i admitt a few years back i thought she was done for, survival instincts in good knick lol!

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

lol u must be kidding... Daniela easily hits more than 30 winners in almost every match.. but no weapons? o ok, and she has matches where she hits 10 aces... but no weapons? o ok.... She hits her forehand and backhand as hard as anyone else.. and hits many winners off of both... So your just pretty much a douchebag so lets get real:wavey:

serenus_2k8
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Dont get me wrong, I like her, but she wont be there forlong and in my eyes she doesnt deserve to be...

Wiggly
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Dont get me wrong, I like her, but she wont be there forlong and in my eyes she doesnt deserve to be...

In the last 12 months, she won a Tier I, a Tier II, made a GS SF, two finals, five semis, five quarters and qualified for YEC.

saint2
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Wil be higher

Dani :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Helaena
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
dani just keep up the good results and be healthy always!!!! :bounce:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM

:spit:
Have you aver seen Hantuchova playing? :unsure:

joćo.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
yay!

Danči Dementia
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
yay Dani!!!!! :worship:
Keep Going girl....top five very soon:)

Matt01
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Dani up to #7----where she deserves to be :)

Steff_forever
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
I kust hope she stays healthy in upcoming months. N°7 is now a bit lucky, would have been better if she did better in the last two weeks (with avoiding illness).

She still has the talent to become N°5 again, but she has to be more consistent in higher levels of tier IIs and Is.

Try to get back to the AO SF play and stay focused at the end pls!

KEEP CLIMBING DANIELA !!!!!!!!!

Josh.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
:yeah:

Serenidad.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Well, first she was never going to win another title. Win a title OTHER than Indian Wells. Be top ten again. Make a slam semifinal/reach another slam quarterfinal period. Now she'll never be top five again. :devil:

Dani for #1. :bounce:

You normally say such reasonable things... I guess everyone has their off days. I still don't think she will be top 5 again.

Call me when she hits a serve over 105. Let alone 110. Waste of a 5'11" frame.

Not to mention her movement and mental.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
You normally say such reasonable things... I guess everyone has their off days. I still don't think she will be top 5 again.

Not to mention her movement and mental.

:lol: I doubt she'll ever be top five again myself, but she's done quite a good bit the past year, and I'm proud of her. Who would have thought she'd be #7 after her self-destruction in 2003?

I was just being cute. ;) But I do agree with you as well, I wish her serve was bigger...

So Disrespectful
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM

:spit: She just hit a 110 at the Australian Open, and she has hit many around 105.

:lol: I doubt she'll ever be top five again myself, but she's done quite a good bit the past year, and I'm proud of her. Who would have thought she'd be #7 after her self-destruction in 2003?

I was just being cute. But I do agree with you as well, I wish her serve was bigger...

I don't think you should be so quick to take back what you said. The number 5 place is so close within her reach, if one girl finds herself in a slump, and Anna can't defend all of those GS points, Daniela is there already.

Dodoboy.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Maria will win Indian Wells so... :wavey: Daniela

sammy01
Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I am not a fan of Hantuchova, at all, but her AO form was extremely impressive. If she can pick that up again she'll have plenty of top 10 wins under her belt.

i realy dont get the 'her oz open form was amazing' :confused:
im not picking on you mankind, loads of people are saying it, even commentators! she didn't beat a single top 25 player at the oz open, she played 1 quality player and lost. shes beaten 1 top 25 player this year and thats safina :o. shes had some piss easy draws and taken advantage, i dont think her tennis or her obvious mental issuses have improved shes just got lucky. if she gets a tough draw she wont get very far, see sydney and paris for evidence.

austennis
Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
wow dani congrats.. i feel this would mean 2 her than the williams

Matt01
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
im not picking on you mankind, loads of people are saying it, even commentators! she didn't beat a single top 25 player at the oz open, she played 1 quality player and lost. shes beaten 1 top 25 player this year and thats safina :o. shes had some piss easy draws and taken advantage, i dont think her tennis or her obvious mental issuses have improved shes just got lucky. if she gets a tough draw she wont get very far, see sydney and paris for evidence.

:rolleyes:

I'd say that Radwanska is quality player these days.

Shoulderpova
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Ajde Daniela :hearts:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Daniela rocks so hard!!! All the other haters can kiss her skinny ass as she cashes in her big fat paychecks. BITCHES!!! :ras:

So Disrespectful
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM
It's official, since Monday :p

frontier
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Not for long she has a lot to defend from now to IW,with the hand injury she might drop out of the top ten.

Effy
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
well done, Daniela but still lot of work to do to prove haters wrong.

sarciness
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Happy :)

I hope she does make the top 5 soon. My head says no though :(

Mic-190286
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:35 PM

Did you see any of Dani's matches at AO? Her form in R16 after Kirilenko dominated the 1set, and in her QF against Aga who is now #19 and climbing was pretty great. She wasn't exactly routed in her SF either.

She was sick in Antwerp too, plus Szavay was playing really well in Paris.

I'm not saying she's getting anywhere near top5, and i do think some people have exagerrated her performance, but don't totally diminish it either.

Slutati
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Daniela rocks so hard!!! All the other haters can kiss her skinny ass as she cashes in her big fat paychecks. BITCHES!!! :ras:
That's the spirit:worship:Go Daniela:banana:

HTE
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Why stop at #5. Let's go all the way Dani, a semi at RG winning Wibledon, IW and a few more and she will be close to #1 :)

serenus_2k8
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
:lol: IW has a tough field so I would see how things go there 1st.

Dodoboy.
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I don't think people are hating!

Even the most reasonable person will agree with the majority of people who genuinely think TOP 5 is out of her reach this year!

Although, she has been promising this year ... so watch this space ;)

elise1986
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM
go Daniela :woohoo:

sammy01
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Did you see any of Dani's matches at AO? Her form in R16 after Kirilenko dominated the 1set, and in her QF against Aga who is now #19 and climbing was pretty great. She wasn't exactly routed in her SF either.

She was sick in Antwerp too, plus Szavay was playing really well in Paris.

I'm not saying she's getting anywhere near top5, and i do think some people have exagerrated her performance, but don't totally diminish it either.

oh no i didn't mean to diminish it, it was a reaction to people saying she could be top 5 again. if your gonna be top 5 you have to be beating the #6 - #20 ranked players often and dani isn't. she had a great chance with the draw at the oz open and took advantage, and even though im not a fan it seem just reward that she had that semi final for all the hardwork and shit shes gone through. thougfh i think her rightful place is between 8 and 15.