Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hall of fame:

USA*** (Evert, King) - since november 1975
Spain (Sanchez-Vicario, Martinez) - since march 1994
Belgium (Henin, Clijsters) - since june 2003
Russia (Sharapova, Kuznetsova) - since april 2007
Serbia (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008

[SIZE="1"]***USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" including 3 seasons in the row (1981-83) when all WTA year ending TOP4 players is from USA (Navratilova, Evert, Jaeger and Austin/Shriver).
*****ATP Hall of fame: Australia (Since 1974, Laver and Newcombe), USA (Since 1975, Connors and Ashe) and Sweden (since 1986, Wilander and Edberg)

lizchris
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hall of fame:

**USA (Evert, King) - since november 1975
Serbia (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since february 2008... if Jankovic reach SF tommorow (must beat her WTA best friend and doubles partner Na Li in QF).

**USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" including 3 seasons in the row (1981-83) when all WTA year ending TOP4 players is from USA (Navratilova, Evert, Jaeger and Austin/Shriver).
Weren't Venus and Serena 1&2 in 2002?

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
yea, USA, i'm sure had more

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:57 AM
rena and vee :confused: first 2 sisters to be 1&2 and all that jazz...aren't they on the list :confused:

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:57 AM
AmAZing fEEt 4 seRBiA!!!!!!111111111111111

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
^lol

MH0861
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Weren't Lindsay and Venus in the Top 3 together? :confused: And Lindsay finished year end #1, Capriati year end #2 and Venus year end #3 in 2001?

Mikey.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Monica and Lindsay were in the top 3 in 1999.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
US has a whole lot to choose from lol

Mikey.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Weren't Venus and Serena 1&2 in 2002?

They were 1 & 2 in some of 2003 as well, and Jennifer Capriati was #3 behind the Williams sisters at some stages.

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
**USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" including 3 seasons in the row (1981-83) when all WTA year ending TOP4 players is from USA (Navratilova, Evert, Jaeger and Austin/Shriver).I present only when some country FIRST TIME reach this historical success (in USA case that is november of 1975 with Evert and BJK). B/c only USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" cases i only note most impressive period of US WTA domination (between 1981-1983) when all WTA TOP4 players is from USA. But if Vee/Ree fans insist to see theys idols on another "Hall of Fame" list... i will create new "historical" list:

WTA History: 2 TOP3 players from same country city in same week

Hall of Fame:
Lynwood (California, USA) - May 2002 (Venus Williams and Serena Williams)
Belgrade (Serbia) - February 2008 (Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic)...if JJ beat today Na Li

In The Zone
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
I present only when some country FIRST TIME reach this historical success (in USA case that is november of 1975 with Evert and BJK). B/c only USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" cases i only note most impressive period of US WTA domination (between 1981-1983) when all WTA TOP4 players is from USA. But if Vee/Ree fans insist to see theys idols on another "Hall of Fame" list... i will create new "historical" list:

WTA History: 2 TOP3 players from same country city in same week

Hall of Fame:
Lynwood (California, USA) - May 2002 (Venus Williams and Serena Williams)
Belgrade (Serbia) - February 2008 (Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic)...if JJ beat today Na Li

Aren't you trying to do the same? :confused: Manipulating, skewing facts so they seem great?

Dave.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
Nice list, but I think you should add them all there.

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
USA USA USA USA :woohoo:

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
Aren't you trying to do the same? :confused: Manipulating, skewing facts so they seem great?Yes...right... but i'm obviously is not enough smart for you with this conspiracy and manipulating.

But maybe somebody else here realy will be impressed tommorow with fact that womans tennis will get only 5th country in WTA history with 2 players in TOP3 in same day (Monday, february 25) if Jankovic reach today SF (and overtake Kuznetsova). Its not happen every day, every week, every year (actualy, between 1975 and 1994 we have period of 19 years without any new country with this success). So this is not only local Serbian "historical" date.

NeeemZ
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
Lindsay and Serena were 1 & 2 in Feb 2005, just after Serena won the Australian Open.

Junex
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:55 AM
Aren't you trying to do the same? :confused: Manipulating, skewing facts so they seem great?

not really because the poster hi-light the first time a country had a 2 top 3 player at the same time!

obviously USA had many great players achieving the feat, but Evert & King made it a historical first for the US!

so with Kim & Justine, first time for belgium,
maria & Sveta....Ana & Jelena.... and so on!

though it can't be deny that the OP's intention was to gloat for his/her faves... he/she does not, in any way, manipulates these facts!

Tennisstar86
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Yes...right... but i'm obviously is not enough smart for you with this conspiracy and manipulating.

But maybe somebody else here realy will be impressed tommorow with fact that womans tennis will get only 5th country in WTA history with 2 players in TOP3 in same day (Monday, february 25) if Jankovic reach today SF (and overtake Kuznetsova). Its not happen every day, every week, every year (actualy, between 1975 and 1994 we have period of 19 years without any new country with this success). So this is not only local Serbian "historical" date.

Talk to me when they are 1 and 2.... :yawn:

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
not really because the poster hi-light the first time a country had a 2 top 3 player at the same time!

obviously USA had many great players achieving the feat, but Evert & King made it a historical first for the US!

though it can't be deny that the OP's intention was to gloat for his/her faves... he/she does not, in any way, manipulates these facts!

no he did it to make Serbian stars look good.
it would be funny if JJ loses, meaning this thread was pointless

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
BTW... in ATP history only Australia (since 1974, Laver and Newcombe), USA (many times, first time since 1976, Connors and Ashe) and Sweden (since 1986, Edberg and Wilander) have this "2 TOP3 players from same country in same week" success. Germany (Becker, Stich), Spain (Moya, Ferrero) and Russia (Kafelnikov, Safin) is very close - 2 of TOP4, but never both in same time in TOP3 (that means in ATP part in last 22 years no "New Country" ).

So far 3 countries in ATP (AUS, USA, SWE) and 4 in WTA (USA, ESP, BEL, RUS) reach this and tommorow Jelena Jankovic have "match point" for WTA/Serbia.

In The Zone
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
No one is doubting the importance of this thread. Just don't unnecessarily knock Venus and Serena and her fans. :p

It's very great to see a small, emerging nation like Serbia get 2 players in the top 3 when compared to the USA. Hopefully Jelena wins tomorrow so haters don't rush to bump this thread.

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
Great for Serbia.

The USA has done with this SOOOOO many permutations.

BJK, Evert, Navratilova, PAM SHRIVER, Austin, Capriati, Seles, Davenport, V Williams, S Williams...

I'd venture to say that for nearly 2/3 of the open era that 2 of the top 3 players in the world were from America.

Bruno71
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
The thread is a bit premature, but not pointless. However, I don't wanna get my hopes up too much at the moment. JJ has struggled with everybody until her last match, and Li is one of those players that seems to have her # on a faster surface, so this scenario may not even arise yet. It's a small window too, because Maria is on the rise again and could close it fast.

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
I think it's bound to happen that these two will get into the top3 simultaneously. For me, Ivanovic has such a tremendous future, and Jankovic is so good and pesky, playing so many tournaments, getting such consistent results and demonstrating some serious longevity.

kittyking
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
Why don't you just say it's the first time in history that two players ranked out of the top 3 have a surname that ends in Ovic

Or even better the first time in history that the top 3 players have all had exactly one N in their surname?

Marcus1979
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
I seem to recall in 2002 the worlds top 4 were all Americans at one point.
I think It was Capriati, Davenport, Venus and Serena or something.

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:13 AM

Magical. Seles was right up there too.

Dani12
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Court ang Goolagong were never in the top 3 together at the same time? :sad:

new-york
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:33 AM

ogizmé.
the days.:hearts:

mckyle.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
I remember the 2002 US Open semifinals was almost an All-American affair if freaking Capriati wouldn't have lost to Mauresmo :ras:

Serena def. Lindsay
Venus def. Mauresmo

mckyle.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
At the 1983 French Open, the Top 5 Women's seeds were:

1. Martina Navratilova (USA)
2. Chris Evert-Lloyd (USA)
3. Andrea Jaeger (USA)
4. Tracy Austin (USA)
5. Pam Shriver (USA)

:worship:

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
USA :worship:

Forgot Jaeger in my previous post.

mckyle.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
At the 1982 US Open, seven of the eight quarter finalists were American :worship:

Navratilova vs. Shriver
Austin vs. Mandlikova
Jaeger vs. Rush
Evert-Lloyd vs. Gadusek

Shall I continue? :worship:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
2 SLAMLESS Top-3 players from the same country on the same week:
only Serbia :eek: :worship:

ce
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
:woohoo:
AJDE JJ :armed:

ce
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
m16 history is nice
but present is better ;)

mckyle.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
m16 history is nice
but present is better ;)

Present:

Belgium - 2 slams
USA - 1 slam
Russia - 1 slam
Serbia - :confused:

matanuriel
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
This is like a jinx thread! I hope JJ could win.

maki30
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
JANKOVIC - IVANOVIC - GO GIRLS!! GO SERBIA!!!:bounce::worship:

kittyking
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
only Serbia :eek: :worship:

That's absolute rubbish!!!

Jelena Jankovic won Wimbledon last year!!! (all be it Mixed Doubles)

Natalicious
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
another hopeless try from Cp6uja to make serbia look better than usa :weirdo:

FrenchY52
Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Pfft why has each of your stat something to do with Serbian players ? .. :yawn:

NeeemZ
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Why don't you just say it's the first time in history that two players ranked out of the top 3 have a surname that ends in Ovic

Or even better the first time in history that the top 3 players have all had exactly one N in their surname?

Henin has two Ns in her surname - Henin

Kuznetsova, Jankovic and Ivanovic all have one, so I see what you were going for.

Marcus1979
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
maybe I was mixed up before but I do know on May 13, 2002 4 of the top 5 spots were held by americans

#1 - V.Williams
#2 - J.Capriati
#4 - S.Williams
#5 - M.Seles

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I realy dont understand why this thread (historical/statistical) have so many claims and complamations if all facts is correct? :confused:
Like i already notice here before in WTA (and ATP also) we have some periods about 20 season long without any new country join in this "2 TOP3 players from same country in same time" exclusive club... so dont try to admonish anybody that if Jankovic today overtake Kuznetsova and join to compatriot Ana in TOP3 next week that it's is nothing special.

only Serbia :eek: :worship:"SLAMLESS"??? Why you talking about Jankovic (22y) and Ivanovic (20y) like about some former players?!?
another hopeless try from Cp6uja to make serbia look better than usa :weirdo:And how i disrespect and underrate US tennis in this thread if i notice that USA is first country with 2 of TOP3 in same time, that USA is only country in WTA (and ATP) competition with many "2 of TOP3" cases and also i mention period of US total WTA domination (1981/1983) when three seasons in the row is ended with all-USA TOP4 players?
no he did it to make Serbian stars look good.
it would be funny if JJ loses, meaning this thread was pointlessIf Jankovic lose today, Serbia have another chance already next week, and also that will not delete all other facts about USA, ESP, BEL and RUS (WTA) and AUS, USA and SWE (ATP) which is also presented here.
The USA has done with this SOOOOO many permutations.That is only reason why i present only WHEN and WHICH TWO from USA first reach this success.
Court ang Goolagong were never in the top 3 together at the same time? :sad:Only reason for that is b/c official WTA ranking exist only since november 1975 when Margaret Court is already too old (and her career-high rank is #5 b/c that).
Pfft why has each of your stat something to do with Serbian players ? .. :yawn:OK... help me please with advice how to create some relevant statistic thread which is relative with current tennis moment where is some top players like Jankovic or Ivanovic (or Djokovic) totaly invisible??? Did you ever thinking that its maybe yours (not my) problem b/c you have interest only for blondy players?
This is like a jinx thread! I hope JJ could win.This thread have function of annuncination to inform WTAworld about this REALY interesting new historical fact (if happen today).

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
"SLAMLESS"??? Why you talking about Jankovic (22y) and Ivanovic (20y) like about some former players?!?

Have they won a Slam? No, they have not so my statement is 100% correct. This is the first time when two slamless players from the same country could be ranked in the Top-3 simultaneously.

Just Do It
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Stop hating on Serbia, especially jealousy AnnaK4ever :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Come on, guys. You're being ridiculous. Nothing is wrong with this thread. It makes sense to focus on the first time each country accomplished the feat and Serbia would only be the 5th ever after US, Spain, Belgium, and Russia. I never knew that. And interesting that the last two only happened in the last 5 years or so.

The US has had so many pairs in the Top 3 it would be mind-numbingly difficult and ridiculous to try counting them all. Whichever statician here wants to do the research, go ahead. Otherwise you have no right to complain. This is not a Williams dissing/ignoring thread by any means - you don't see Davenport or Capriati fans running in here and screaming murder.

©@®eLess
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Jelena first has to beat Na....Dont rush, she has negative record vs her

Leo_DFP
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that's the only thing. This thread could jinx it. Na Li is a tough cookie and JJ is sort of out of it this season.

janko
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
I like Jelena, but isn't it a little stupid to write about something ":bounce:historical:bounce:" before it happens:tape:

Just to see your reaction, I just want Li Na to win this match and Jelena winning her first slam instead:p:lol:

In The Zone
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Bump. :p

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Serbia??? (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008... DUBAI CLAUSE: Kuznetsova will lose her points from Doha 2007 final next week and Sharapova still stragle too much, so Ana will be for sure better ranked than both Russians even if withdraw from Dubai b/c injury. JJ will overtake Kuznetsova in all cases except if Sveta won Dubai and Jelena not reach SF, but if Sharapova won Doha and Dubai both - Jankovic needs to reach final to be better ranked than Maria after Dubai. Very interesting is fact that Maria never before played tournament week before IW+Miami march, so we will see will she withdraw from Dubai next week b/c "injury".Thread is updated with new conditions for "New Country" (Serbia in this case) to reach "2 of TOP3 in same time" success. Thankfull to "Dramma Queen" Jelena Jankovic things is very complicated and we have real dramma now b/c when Sharapova reach TOP3 (where she belong) maybe next week is last chance for this in next several years :eek:!

I like Jelena, but isn't it a little stupid to write about something ":bounce:historical:bounce:" before it happens:tape:

Just to see your reaction, I just want Li Na to win this match and Jelena winning her first slam instead:p:lol:Realy stupid is to announce something after that happen and i open this thread in right time - just one day before Serbia have "match point" to do it (first "MP" for Serbia for this is actualy AO SF match between JJ and Maria).

Wiggly
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
All your threads are about stats that make Ana looks good. :rolleyes:

janko
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Thread is updated with new conditions for "New Country" (Serbia in this case) to reach "2 of TOP3 in same time" success. Thankfull to "Dramma Queen" Jelena Jankovic things is very complicated and we have real dramma now b/c when Sharapova reach TOP3 (where she belong) maybe next week is last chance for this in next several years :eek:!

Realy stupid is to announce something after that happen and i open this thread in right time - just one day before Serbia have "match point" to do it (first "MP" for Serbia for this is actualy AO SF match between JJ and Maria).

You're such a child,:haha: If we were talking about something serious I would find it pathetic but in your case that's just entertaining :rolls: Like a bad drama that turns unvoluntarily into a comedy.

Keep going kid;)

Slutati
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Nothing wrong with a little bit of statistics.He's trying to make Ana and Jelena look good, so what?They are good.If it was about you're favorites nobody would be complaining.I don't like Ana but i think the stats are very impressive:yeah:

Nicolás89
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Why would you put Serbia there as one of those countries if it isn't even happenend for them yet? Thats not statistical, it's wishful thinking.

frontier
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
until the Serbians win 14 slams between them they are totally irrelevant.

Serenidad.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
ogizmé.
the days.:hearts:

It was the days. :sad: And if Seles had just climbed to number 5 we would have had all USA top 5.

Cp6uja
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
All your threads are about stats that make Ana looks good. :rolleyes:What is point of this comment? That Ana will looks more good if Jelena Jankovic today beat Na Li? If that happen Jelena have chance to overtake Ana from #2 place (if beat Zvonareva) - so according to your logic Ana Ivanovic looks better like 3rd than 2nd on WTA ranks! Right?You're such a child,:haha: If we were talking about something serious I would find it pathetic but in your case that's just entertaining :rolls: Like a bad drama that turns unvoluntarily into a comedy.

Keep going kid;)How old is you? I'm 30+ (older than atleast 80% members here). If your young brain not understand something why you so sure that it's only because that not have sense - maybe reason is b/c is that still too complicated for you to understand!?
Why would you put Serbia there as one of those countries if it isn't even happenend for them yet? Thats not statistical, it's wishful thinking.In original post#1 i explain that Serbia will be 5th country in WTA history with "2 TOP3 in same time" IF Jankovic beat today Na Li (and only for Serbia use italic font and blue color) - and now i update post#1 with new facts what needs to be happen next week in Dubai for new "2 of TOP3" country (after USA, Spain, Belgium, Russia in WTA and Australia, USA, Sweden in ATP competition). So tell me, what is perfect time for thread-alert like this if not day before some new country have "match point"???
until the Serbians win 14 slams between them they are totally irrelevant.Thanks for yours "very relevant" (like always :p) oppinion.

Destiny
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Jinx :( :mad:

Cp6uja
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Bump. :p
Back to this historical thread i must say that after (expected) Sharapova withdraw from Dubai Serbia is again very close to do this. Post#1 is updated with new conditions for Serbia: Hall of fame:

USA*** (Evert, King) - since november 1975
Serbia??? (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008... If Jelena Jankovic have better or same result than Kuznetsova in Dubai. Also, dont forget that if Sveta still survive JJ WTA#3 atack - Jelena have another chance to overtake her next week in India

***USA have several "2 of current WTA TOP3" including 3 seasons in the row (1981-83) when all WTA year ending TOP4 players is from USA (Navratilova, Evert, Jaeger and Austin/Shriver).
*****ATP Hall of fame: Australia (Since 1974, Laver and Newcombe), USA (Since 1975, Connors and Ashe) and Sweden (since 1986, Wilander and Edberg)If Serbians not reach this "2 of TOP3" success in next two weeks theys is in dangerous to never :p reach that b/c when Maria have her comeback in TOP3 (already after IW probably)... she will stay there probably at the long time and no any serious indications that Justine will be out of TOP3 any soon.

Cp6uja
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Serbia??? (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008... If Jelena Jankovic beat Svetlana Kuznetsova in Dubai SF.Post#1 is updated with new conditions for new country in WTA history with 2 TOP3 players in same time. Serbia tommorow have again "match point" if Jankovic beat Kuznetsova. In last 7 days Serbia waste 3 MP's ("if Jelena beat Li", "if Safarova beat Sveta", "if Mauresmo beat Sveta" ).

Cat123
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
JJ will beat Sveta :worship:... I hope. :lol:

cypher_88
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:03 PM
JJ will beat Sveta :worship:... I hope. :lol:

i hope not;)

FrOzon
Feb 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Sveta defended this matchpoint! :bounce:

densuprun
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hall of fame:

**USA (Evert, King) - since november 1975
Serbia (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since february 2008...

Oops.

janko
Feb 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Cp6uja;12565832]How old is you? I'm 30+ (older than atleast 80% members here). If your young brain not understand something why you so sure that it's only because that not have sense - maybe reason is b/c is that still too complicated for you to understand!?QUOTE]

:devil: I is 26, not a senior but still not a foetus;)

Maybe you're right, your sick logic is too hard for me to understand, but please, Master:worship:, don't stop your threads with fictive stats, I'm enjoying them!:bounce:

And sorry if you didn't understand my words.You're not a child, you're a "mature" guy with childish manners, that's different and I'm taking good note;)

Waiting for the thread "Historical : Serbia will have the 2 best players in the world because Justine is gonna be out of the tour after breaking her leg!"

Cp6uja
Mar 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Serbia??? (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008[/SIZE]... If Jelena Jankovic reach Bangalore final next week (Sveta have only 65pts more than JJ, but Jelena's 17th best result is 105pts, so she need final to overtake Kuznetsova).Updates for next week is ready :p.

In The Zone
Mar 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
This is exciting. Lol. First it was Na Li and now Dementieva. Now it's the Williams Sisters turn to stop this trend. :p

Archer16
Mar 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
another hopeless try from Cp6uja to make serbia look better than usa :weirdo:
Historically - never, but you really don't want to take a deep look into USA tennis right now, with the only capable players being the "We'll play if we feel like it" sister and the (mightily impressive!) comeback mom. Not a young talent in sight.

If JJ will pull it off next week (and as said she has to be quick otherwise Sharapova is a lock for 2nd place soon), the most impressive members of this club would be the relatively small Belgium and Serbia (in the ATP it's Sweden), with not nearly the population and number of active players as the other nations.
The most amazing stat for both is 2 of the top 3 (Serbia - still top 4) without a third in the top 100 (Serbia - even top 200!) :eek:

Tennisstar86
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
this isnt an amazing stat...when they are 1 and 2 it is.... you continuously bumping it is just sad...

Bruno71
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM
Well I'm almost sure that if Serena is playing, she will be in JJ's half, thus making the final a tough one to attain for her. But I'm sure she'll have another "match point" and take her chances :banana:

Cp6uja
Mar 2nd, 2008, 01:27 AM
this isnt an amazing stat...when they are 1 and 2 it is.... you continuously bumping it is just sad...You are from USA and i understand why you is not so impressed by this "2 of TOP3 from same country in same time" achievement b/c USA in past have that so many times. But even for USA that is too big problem in last 4 years (WTA & ATP - both) and sisters and even Lindsay still have chances to attack on every major title - but theys is for sure not ready and health enough for another "FULL SEASON" and comeback in TOP3 (especialy not 2 in same time), and USA ATP chances for 2 in TOP3 is also not even close to reality in near future. Also when we talking about "new country" with this achievement - it will be WTA-Serbia or nobody in near future, and this week is maybe NOW OR NEVER for Ana and Jelena, b/c when Maria join Henin in TOP3 (probably already after IW) who knows when next time 2 of TOP3 places will be open for others. Serbia right now is in Becker/Stich (ATP-GER), Moya/Ferrero (ATP-ESP) or Kafelnikov/Safin (ATP-RUS) with 2 at TOP4 and litle better than Graf/Huber (WTA-GER) or Mauresmo/Pierce (WTA-FRA) with 2 of TOP5 position and this season so far Serbia already have 5 "match point" but all is wasted (if Jankovic beat Sharapova at AO, or Na Li at Doha or Sveta at Dubai, or if Kuznetsova lose against Safarova or Mauresmo in Dubai). If we look other "new country" cases after WTA-Serbia right now is only close ATP-ESP with same 2 of TOP4 case Nadal/Ferrer, but i dont see Ferrer in TOP5 in near future and for TOP3 he must overtake right now Djokovic which have about 2.500 pts more (and Sveta is ahead Jelena with only 65 pts after Dubai final). ATP-Spain and WTA-Serbia is only "new countries" with 2 players in ATP/WTA TOP10 and next to watch is ATP-RUS (#5 and #11 current) and WTA-FRA (#9 and #13) - but honestly how image Bartoli and Golovin in TOP3 in same time or Davidenko and Youzny to overtake two of Federer-Nadal-Djokovic trio??? I remind again that in ATP no new "2 of TOP3" countries since 1987 and WTA also have one long period (between 1976 and 1994) with almost 20 years without some new country join in this exclusive club... so coments like "only if they #1 and #2..." or "Jankovic chances to overtake Sveta in february (now march) is not realistic, so why you open this thread now" is malicious or just stupid (BTW, Serbia actualy have already 2 of TOP3 between monday and Friday this week, but than Sveta back her #3 position :devil: - new proof how close is Serbia these days to do it).

densuprun
Mar 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Serbia??? (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008[/SIZE]... If Jelena Jankovic reach Bangalore final next week

Ooops once again. A classic jinx thread.

In The Zone
Mar 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
With Maria at Indian Wells, this may not happen. :)

DragonFlame
Mar 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm afraid this is not going to happen anytime soon with jelena's loss in bangalore. There's no one in the indian wells draw that can stop maria from winning and passing jelena.:p

rjd1111
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:32 PM

I think it might be of greater historical significance for two
Sisters to be 1 & 2 in the world.

How many countries have done that.

Cp6uja
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Here we are... Jelena is again close in India this week (she must only to beat Mamic, Yan and Schnyder to reach WTA#3) but this time she even not reach another "match point" for Serbia b/c she lose already in QF against Yan... In Indian Wells will maybe be "NOW or NEVER" case for Serbia b/c when Maria Sharapova once again back in TOP3 she will stay there for long long time. Here is calculations for IW (next week):Indian Wells conditions for Serbia:
Jelena Jankovic will be better ranked than Kuznetsova with final if Sveta win tournament and with QF if Kuznetsova reach final like last season.

Jelena Jankovic will be better ranked than Sharapova only with title if Maria reach final and if Sharapova reach semifinal JJ also needs SF.

Ana Ivanovic will stay in TOP3 after IW even with withdraws from this tournament.

If Serbia not reach this success now i dont see any other "new country" in atleast next 5 years to join USA, Spain, Belgium and Russia (Australia, USA and Sweden in ATP) in this exclusive "2 of TOP3" club. Next to watch is France with #9 Bartoli & #13 Golovin, Italia with #22 Schiavone and #30 Penneta and Czechs with #14 Vaidisova and #38 Safarova - but real question is how many of current players out of USA, RUS, BEL and Serbia is ready to be TOP3 ever, not only in same time with some of her compatriot...

BMP
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Why does it matter so much? Those nationalists are just :rolleyes: Tennis is an individual sport (well, with the exception of Fed Cup). Besides, many players train in other countries, many emigrate. So it's not easy to say to what country this or that player REALLY belongs & owns their success.

-sugi-
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
cp6uja's statistic threads :tape: :tape: :spit: :haha:

Cp6uja
Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Jelena Jankovic just miss her 4th MP for this historical achivment! After not beat Maria Sharapova at AO, Na Li at Doha and Kuznetsova at Dubai - she lose today against Ana Ivanovic (if JJ win she will overtake Sveta even with lose in final match!). But now is first time "2 of TOP3" achivment completly in Ana Ivanovic hands. She will be WTA#2 in monday again - but if she beat Sveta in sunday final Jelena will be #3 insted Sveta!
Indian Wells conditions for Serbia:
Ana Ivanovic must beat Svetlana Kuznetsova in Final match.

Bruno71
Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:49 AM
Jelena Jankovic just miss her 4th MP for this historical achivment! After not beat Maria Sharapova at AO, Na Li at Doha and Kuznetsova at Dubai - she lose today against Ana Ivanovic (if JJ win she will overtake Sveta even with lose in final match!). But now is first time in Ana Ivanovic hands. She will be #2 in monday again - but if she beat Sveta in sunday final Jelena will be #3 insted Sveta!

I hope Sveta beats Ana if that's the case. JJ doesn't deserve to back into #3.

DragonFlame
Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Jelena Jankovic just miss her 4th MP for this historical achivment! After not beat Maria Sharapova at AO, Na Li at Doha and Kuznetsova at Dubai - she lose today against Ana Ivanovic (if JJ win she will overtake Sveta even with lose in final match!). But now is first time in Ana Ivanovic hands. She will be #2 in monday again - but if she beat Sveta in sunday final Jelena will be #3 insted Sveta!

You're setting yourself up for a jinx again here:p I would find it extremely funny if kuznetsova somehow broke her finalcurse here now:lol: (and if she doesn't:o)

spiritedenergy
Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Jelena Jankovic just miss her 4th MP for this historical achivment! After not beat Maria Sharapova at AO, Na Li at Doha and Kuznetsova at Dubai - she lose today against Ana Ivanovic (if JJ win she will overtake Sveta even with lose in final match!). But now is first time "2 of TOP3" achivment completly in Ana Ivanovic hands. She will be WTA#2 in monday again - but if she beat Sveta in sunday final Jelena will be #3 insted Sveta!

OMG really?? Ana do this favor to your frend Jelena win this!:bounce::lol:

Cp6uja
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
I hope Sveta beats Ana if that's the case. JJ doesn't deserve to back into #3.If they both lose here against same player - why Sveta deserve more #3 than Jelena??? BTW if you angree b/c JJ h2h vs Ana - if Ivanovic beat Sveta in sunday Kuznetsova will also have 1-5 against Ana (so if h2h vs Ana is criteria... Sveta also not deserve #3 more than JJ).
You're setting yourself up for a jinx again here:p I would find it extremely funny if kuznetsova somehow broke her finalcurse here now:lol: (and if she doesn't:o)It's only stats and history. And personaly i belive that this IW final will be last MP for Serbia for long time b/c i see Maria (if no injuries) since Miami in TOP3 for atleast several months.

Tennisstar86
Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
Why does it matter so much? Those nationalists are just :rolleyes: Tennis is an individual sport (well, with the exception of Fed Cup). Besides, many players train in other countries, many emigrate. So it's not easy to say to what country this or that player REALLY belongs & owns their success.

Thank you, its not like the trained together growin up....... its really not that big of an accomplishment...

Anyways that said... After losing to ivanovic today i just dont know neither deserves #3 they cant beat top players at their best... thats been proven...

spiritedenergy
Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Thank you, its not like the trained together growin up....... its really not that big of an accomplishment...

Anyways that said... After losing to ivanovic today i just dont know neither deserves #3 they cant beat top players at their best... thats been proven...

:bs:

Bruno71
Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
If they both lose here against same player - why Sveta deserve more #3 than Jelena??? BTW if you angree b/c JJ h2h vs Ana - if Ivanovic beat Sveta in sunday Kuznetsova will also have 1-5 against Ana (so if h2h vs Ana is criteria... Sveta also not deserve #3 more than JJ).

I just don't like the scenario of Ana doing JJ's work for her. That's sort of how you put it. The truth is, that'll be nice to have 2 top 3 players from Serbia for a couple of weeks if it happens, but then after that it's somewhat irrelevant. Sveta and/or Maria will pass/repass JJ and it'll have been short-lived.

Cp6uja
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hall of fame:

ATP-Australia (Laver, Newcombe) - since 1974
ATP-USA (Connors, Ashe) - since 1975
WTA-USA (Evert, King) - since november 1975
ATP-Sweden (Wilander, Edberg) - since 1986
WTA-Spain (Sanchez-Vicario, Martinez) - since march 1994
WTA-Belgium (Henin, Clijsters) - since june 2003
WTA-Russia (Sharapova, Kuznetsova) - since april 2007
WTA-Serbia (Ivanovic, Jankovic) - since march 2008

Serbia will join in this exclusive 2TOP3 club in monday!
I be very surprised if this thread be BUMPED in next 5 years (maybe ATP-Spain Nadal+??? when Federer retire).

Slutiana
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Your stats are all Ivanovic related. :o

Russianboy
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
whats the next stat? ivanovic is the first player to win a match in exactly 1 h 47 min and 55 sec? :p

densuprun
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Congrats!

Dodoboy.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Why do people rip on him for having ANA related stats?

If i was a stats maniac is certainly wouldn't be searching and cumulating facts to do with...erm...lets see HENIN.

It is personal interest after all :shrug:

Dexter
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Better late than never. Well done, Serbian tennis! :DYour stats are all Ivanovic related. :oYour posts are all Golovin/WS/Keothavong related, so what? :o

Wiggly
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
It's like the Bartoli Top 10 thread. Cursed for a few tournaments then FINALLY. :lol:

Congrats!

saint2
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
It wont be long I think...Jelena will fall out quickly. Shes good player but, no offence to her fans, not top3 player.

Emina.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Congrats!:)

Archer16
Mar 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
And the jinx is broken at the final attempt :yeah:
whats the next stat? ivanovic is the first player to win a match in exactly 1 h 47 min and 55 sec? :p
:haha:

tequila
Apr 29th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Time to root against Henin? :lol: I have a feeling Sharpie's gonna be in the top 3 for awhile, longer than Henin.