Slutati
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
YES!the fish is out!:wavey:the day is getting better and better

Beat
whoa! much easier than i had expected.

Ellery
Na :worship: From down 13 in second :worship: Incredible score.

Shahar :hug:

Modiac.
Na :banana: :yeah:

Ellery
I may be missing something here, but why the Shahar hate :shrug:

cypher_88
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
no fishy fishy :woohoo: well done Na!

Dodoboy.
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Na v Jelena :armed:

savitri
congrats Na :)

Destiny
good game Na li
Wish Shahar won :sad:

MAXSquared

Yes, I am thinking the same.

suede123
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Na Na, great job!
Easy win

matanuriel
as expected. na trashed the asshole:)

So she trashed you?

Stupid loss Shahar, Li is nothing you should have won this :help: :help:
Good Luck JJ! please beat her and get to the final.

ElusiveChanteuse

I guess it's about the Fed Cup match involving Maria Sharapova?:shrug:

Anyway,well done Na!:yeah: :banana:

ce
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
:woohoo:
Shahar :ras:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
loving it :) nicely done li

V.Melb
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Li is nothing? LOL.

rrfnpump
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Na :D :yeah: :)
now beat Jankovic as well!

winnermax
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM
Well done,Li NA!!

Now in China,it's about 2 a.m....

I can have a good sleep tonight!!!! :worship:

desariofan
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
WOW what a score. I love them both, but I am glad Li made it thru. GO GIRL!

suede123
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
amazing match, Na !

mariahdg
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM
:kiss:Na

*Jool*
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:07 PM
this girl is really good. congrats

sd3300123
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:11 PM
Well done,Li NA!!

Now in China,it's about 2 a.m....

I can have a good sleep tonight!!!! :worship:

Me too

I am so sleepy now

So glad Na won:bounce:

ikemstar
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM

We don't appreciate aggressive, "everybody-hates-us" paranoid Israeli "fans".

Maybe the only way they can win on the tennis court is to build an illegal wall around their opponent, lol! Whoops, there goes another international law violation.

MAXSquared
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:15 PM

Anyway,well done Na!:yeah: :banana:

I think it's quite bad, as SP didn't do anything wrong, it's the fans. I guess she could encourage her fans thou.

Anyways, great win Na.

Libertango
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
YAY! Well done NA!

davidmario
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM
I think it's quite bad, as SP didn't do anything wrong, it's the fans. I guess she could encourage her fans thou.

Anyways, great win Na.

watch the videos... she was having sooo much fun while the crowd imitated sharapova's grunts and she was all ":lol:" and ":D" and ":haha:" ...

joão.
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
yay! no more peer at doha for now. :D

Iceland
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:35 PM
Shahar is done at a good player now. Her last matches have been all dreadful, so defensive and all :sad: and her stats on serve are beyond pathetic.
Had this meeting been played in the early afternoon, I'm sure that Shahar would have won though. I can't see Li putting the ball in the court in windy conditions.

davidmario
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtNbt7ORNw

:lol: :devil: wonder how this interview would be now?

matanuriel
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM
We don't appreciate aggressive, "everybody-hates-us" paranoid Israeli "fans".

Maybe the only way they can win on the tennis court is to build an illegal wall around their opponent, lol! Whoops, there goes another international law violation.

Oh you people are amazing! :I can't stand this kind of posts anymore, Fed cup is over and Russia won so stop talking about this! :fiery:

TTomek
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM

pity no bagel :(

eagles07
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Great score =D...could of won easier haha

aguy9797
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
thank God, Peer is gone, she should be banned from the tour for encouraging the Israeli mob against Sharapova, at least she needs to lear about what it means to be a pro

.:sk:.
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
:)

pancake
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Oh you people are amazing! :I can't stand this kind of posts anymore, Fed cup is over and Russia won so stop talking about this! :fiery:

I agree it's over and the hatre on her is too much.
But saying something like 'Li is nothing' is really disrespectful.

andrewC
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
So she trashed you?

Na is probably who you wish you were :lol:
jokes

Well done Na, very convincing. Hope the knee is holding up :banana: Good luck vs Jelena, you have beaten her before! :D

andrewC
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Shahar is done at a good player now. Her last matches have been all dreadful, so defensive and all :sad: and her stats on serve are beyond pathetic.
Had this meeting been played in the early afternoon, I'm sure that Shahar would have won though. I can't see Li putting the ball in the court in windy conditions.

She did against Chaka Khan? :shrug:

Alec
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
So she trashed you?

You are right about one thing: Peer is stupid :lol:

matanuriel
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM
jokes

:D

Not really but if you say so...

I agree it's over and the hatre on her is too much.
But saying something like 'Li is nothing' is really disrespectful.

She is one of the most overrated players on the WTA. her game is the ugliest game alive

You are right about one thing: Peer is stupid :lol:

Asshole :rolleyes:

jonny84
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
As expected.....Na continues her great year.

pancake
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Not really but if you say so...

She is one of the most overrated players on the WTA. her game is the ugliest game alive

Asshole :rolleyes:

Well I am sure you know what 'ugly' is, take one to know one, after all.

Sally Todd
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
:lol::worship: at this result and this thread.

People finally seem to be waking up to how annoying and entitled and overrated Peer is.

This scoreline suggests that Li Na had Peer "running around like a grandmother"! :lol:

Great to see Li Na showing us the "new Na Li." :D I hope she keeps bringing it against Jelena though, because Jelena runs faster than a grandmother.

eagles07
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes Well Done Na Li Great Win!

oooo86
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
people relax please!!!!!!

first of all i was in the fed cup game and peer didn't encourge anything.... we (the fans) came to the game in a crazy atmosphire that in the end make us do thos things and we did it because there was an ufol call by the judge.... still we should not have done it and you right mabe peer should have say something about it on the media....

that still doesn't make her a bad player...!!

it's like saying that chaky bartoli kuzzy safina petrova and hantuchova are bad players because they lost this week to an unseeded player.... and li is a very good one..!!

soo peer is in a bad form for a long time now... she have some mental problams that makes her be on the defense all the time and to not be aggresive anougth.....

soo both peer fans and peer haters should relax.... after all it's only sport.... i hope people won't hate peer soo much as of now and as a peer fan i really hope she'll be back to her good form......

ViennaCalling
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
Na :eek: :yeah:

aguy9797
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
people relax please!!!!!!

first of all i was in the fed cup game and peer didn't encourge anything.... we (the fans) came to the game in a crazy atmosphire that in the end make us do thos things and we did it because there was an ufol call by the judge.... still we should not have done it and you right mabe peer should have say something about it on the media....

that still doesn't make her a bad player...!!

it's like saying that chaky bartoli kuzzy safina petrova and hantuchova are bad players because they lost this week to an unseeded player.... and li is a very good one..!!

soo peer is in a bad form for a long time now... she have some mental problams that makes her be on the defense all the time and to not be aggresive anougth.....

soo both peer fans and peer haters should relax.... after all it's only sport.... i hope people won't hate peer soo much as of now and as a peer fan i really hope she'll be back to her good form......

exactly it is ONLY SPORT, and a classy player would not have behaved as if winning the fed cup match meant more than good sportmanship, unfortunatelyy, Peer showed where her class is.

OsloErik
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
:lol::worship: at this result and this thread.
People finally seem to be waking up to how annoying and entitled and overrated Peer is.

Entitled? I can see why someone would find her annoying (though I don't) and overrated (though I don't) but entitled? I just don't get it. A girl grows up in a country where hostility is the norm, with a tennis federation that couldn't provide a lot for her, with a limited physique for modern power, and somehow she's entitled? Not the right adjective.

Great to see Li Na showing us the "new Na Li." :D I hope she keeps bringing it against Jelena though, because Jelena runs faster than a grandmother.

It is great to see Na or Li or whichever (can someone definitively explain this? Each time anyone tries, it gets refuted by six or seven other people with same little flag in the corner) returning so strong, but I can't help but worry. Images of the East German swim team circa 1976 keep flashing into my head when I think about the sort of boom of Chinese tennis and the Olympics.

Great win for Na! Although I do hope Jankovic makes the semifinal, either would be satisfactory.

Ben.
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Well done Na :yeah:
Really showing some promise here :D

OsloErik
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
OH, and by the way, congrats to Shahar for opening the door for Israeli tennis players to enter Doha and Dubai. It's got to be hard when the WTA won't support you enough to get your coach, family, friends, anyone else from Israel but you into the country.

If she made a bigger deal about this, the WTA would look very, very bad. Good thing for tennis Shahar Peer is a classier person than that.

Meteor Shower
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:14 PM
Congrats Na Li and Shahar haters :yeah:
Shahar, back to the drawing board, some serious work to do..

Na Li is a great player, no need to discredit her.

pancake
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Entitled? I can see why someone would find her annoying (though I don't) and overrated (though I don't) but entitled? I just don't get it. A girl grows up in a country where hostility is the norm, with a tennis federation that couldn't provide a lot for her, with a limited physique for modern power, and somehow she's entitled? Not the right adjective.

It is great to see Na or Li or whichever (can someone definitively explain this? Each time anyone tries, it gets refuted by six or seven other people with same little flag in the corner) returning so strong, but I can't help but worry. Images of the East German swim team circa 1976 keep flashing into my head when I think about the sort of boom of Chinese tennis and the Olympics.

Great win for Na! Although I do hope Jankovic makes the semifinal, either would be satisfactory.

Her surname is Li, in China, actually in most of the Asian countries, we call the surname first. For example, if she introduces herself to someone in Asian countries, she will say 'Hi I am Li Na.' Never 'I am Na Li.'.
Also, we seldom call one's surname alone, like Li is very good at sport, yes we do say it in English or other languages but if translated into Chinese or in some Asian languages it will look very odd to us. We rather say 'Li Na is very good at sport.'
But I know it causes a lot of confusion for people who are not Asian, so if you want to, say, respect the culture or whatever it is, say Li Na, or just say Li. Li Na or Na Li for me is the same as long as they are English, for me I just care if someone will say Na Li in Chinese then I would say it's a problem.
My English is not very good so I hope you understand what I want to say.

Meteor Shower
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Peer: "I'm very dissappointed I lost. Today was another day with a strong wind and I couldn't get myself into the match. I played bad in the first set, second set I started well and didn't take my chances. At this level you got to take your chances. Because if you don't, you will lose. She (Na Li) played more solid, specially at the first set, and she deserves to win."

"I'm dissappointed that I haven't been able in a while to make a good turnament and string several good matches in a row. I'll just have to keep believing in myself and keep working hard. The key word in tennis is consistency and right now I don't have it and thats why i'm standing where i am right now."

"All in all, it was a positive experience in Doha, I was treated very well, and I believe I will come back here next year".

I sense alot of crying was made after this loss..

Pasta-Na
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM
didnt expect this scoreline :D

now beat JJ again to get ur 2nd top win of 08, na :rocker2:

F-R-E-A-K
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Na :eek:

Peer :hug:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Na :hearts: :drool: :worship: :rocker2: :woohoo:

Pierce0415 said: :wavey: Shahar :D Pierce :bounce: :lol: :bowdown:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:18 PM
:wavey: to another seed

new-york
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
kind of savin' my tennis day. :D [/+caro]

Nelly vs Jelly.:hearts:

Corswandt
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Peer has been impersonating a #15-20 range player for too long now.

tobi
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Na :yeah:

Shahar won only 4 games with her game style at these conditions :rolls:

*Not like I care about it

cellophane
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Surprisingly easy :eek:

njnetswill
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Na has been playing really well so far in 08, except for that horrid match against Knapp. Once at Wimbledon, she can start to really accumulate some points. :yeah:

Bruno71
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
jokes

Well done Na, very convincing. Hope the knee is holding up :banana: Good luck vs Jelena, you have beaten her before! :D

Never lost to her on a hardcourt. Frankly, even as a JJ fan, I would say Na should be the favorite in this matchup.

To all those who are using this loss as an excuse to make ridiculous anti-Israeli comments and bugle the downfall of a 20 year old's career: get a life.

Melly Flew Us
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:00 PM
the vitrioloic intensity of the hate for shahar in here is intolerable.

even if shahar did what she is accused of so what? may i remind the maria lovers and israeli bashers that maria started it - where were you when sharapova was cheating her way through the match against shahar?

fucking insane.

Melly Flew Us
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
She is one of the most overrated players on the WTA. her game is the ugliest game alive....
no, she is top twenty material, just like shahar. the only reason she hasn't been around as long is because she quit the game and then restarted her career. that is how good she is - where are the other wanna-comebacks in the same generation?

LudwigDvorak
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Peer does not deserve the backlash she receives. The antisemitism and xenophobia in this thread is fucking ridiculous; these people should be ashamed of themselves. She is not one of my favorite players, but she deserves more respect than she gets. Fed Cup is over.

Great win for Li. I'm very happy that her good form in 2008 continues. Hope she beats Jankovic tomorrow.

Melly Flew Us
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:10 PM
OH, and by the way, congrats to Shahar for opening the door for Israeli tennis players to enter Doha and Dubai. It's got to be hard when the WTA won't support you enough to get your coach, family, friends, anyone else from Israel but you into the country.

If she made a bigger deal about this, the WTA would look very, very bad. Good thing for tennis Shahar Peer is a classier person than that.
amen.

RJWCapriati
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Another nice win

Williamsser
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:42 PM
Shahar :sad:

Sarek
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
Peer does not deserve the backlash she receives. The antisemitism and xenophobia in this thread is fucking ridiculous; these people should be ashamed of themselves. She is not one of my favorite players, but she deserves more respect than she gets. Fed Cup is over.

Great win for Li. I'm very happy that her good form in 2008 continues. Hope she beats Jankovic tomorrow.

Exactly. This board became more and more Anti-Israeli, and that's a shame. In the Davis Cup the crowd were awesome, so I think the mob learned from the experience. Where are the Swedish guys to tell you about this? falla i sömn...

But, of course, it's always easy to put the all blame on Israel.

Anyway, good win Li. Good luck. :)

Alicia Rocks
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
Na :woohoo:

slamchamp
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
I don-t the hate is against Israel, it`s only peer..so what if she`s the b*tch of the month? Ana was the one from the last month and then Maria,Serena,Justine from always lol

aguy9797
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:33 AM

Antasemitism, anti-Israel??? Are you saying we have critisized Peer becsause she is Jewish, or because she is Israeli?? NO!!! we critiszed her BEHAVIOR which has nothing to do with her ethnicity, so please reconsider

Sarek
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Antasemitism, anti-Israel??? Are you saying we have critisized Peer becsause she is Jewish, or because she is Israeli?? NO!!! we critiszed her BEHAVIOR which has nothing to do with her ethnicity, so please reconsider

Take a look again at the other threads about the Fed Cup match. Antisemitism was there, and of course Anti-Israeli comments.

And I'll say it again - the mob in the Fed Cup matches were awful, and they made just harm to our country. But firstly, it WASN'T the whole crowd, and secondly, they've learnt from this incident.

I hope it'll be fine against the Czech Republic on April. It should be a great couple of days, though I won't be there - I'm recruiting to the army next month. :)

DannerCal
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:16 AM

because Sharapova fans are now as bad if not worse than Serena fans.

justcool
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:12 AM
great!!!!!

DolceVita
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
excellent

KBdoubleu
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:03 AM
Na has had a great start to the year. Peer has been performing wayyyy under the level I would've expected her to be at this time last year.

janezhang
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:04 AM
Well done Na!
good luck in QF

Pasta-Na
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
good luck against JJ tonight, na li :rocker2:

fuhongyang
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:19 AM
good win nana
good luck tonight with jelena

Lunams
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:44 AM
So she trashed you?

So is Peer somebody?:rolleyes::help:I hope Peer can improve her tennis level in short time,I'm so hoping I could pay more attention on her match instead anything offcourt.:angel:

Great win 李娜!:bounce: Keep on going.

Lunams
Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:57 AM
I can't agree more with a lot of above posters.
Being a Sharapova fan,I have no special feeling about Peer actually,she's too weak to hate.

tterb
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:14 AM
Congrats, Na. Hasn't always been pretty, but she keeps winning.

Now keep it up and make the SF. :D

cherseles
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:15 AM

Some tips for you.
In Chinese, Peer sounds exactly like Pi Er, which means 'Ass', especially in Szechuan dialect. And Pi Yang Er means asshole, cause Yang means eye.
So you can say Li Na kicks ass!!!

matanuriel
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Peer has been impersonating a #15-20 range player for too long now.

Shahar achived way more than a regular top 15-20 players! She is haing a bit of a slump but she will get out of that and when it will happen you'll see how good is she.

matanuriel
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Some tips for you.
In Chinese, Peer sounds exactly like Pi Er, which means 'Ass', especially in Szechuan dialect. And Pi Yang Er means asshole, cause Yang means eye.
So you can say Li Na kicks ass!!!

In hebrew Peer means magnificence! and a Na Li means in the ass (but I believe it goes around the world that way)...

safinismine
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, awesome scoreline by Na.

Pasta-Na
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:30 AM
Na :hearts: :drool: :worship: :rocker2: :woohoo:

Pierce0415 said: :wavey: Shahar :D Pierce :bounce: :lol: :bowdown:

i miss pierce0415 :sad: :tears:

cypher_88
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
the vitrioloic intensity of the hate for shahar in here is intolerable.

even if shahar did what she is accused of so what? may i remind the maria lovers and israeli bashers that maria started it - where were you when sharapova was cheating her way through the match against shahar?

fucking insane.

:lol::lol: hmmm vitrioloic? :lol:

OsloErik
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
i miss pierce0415 :sad: :tears:

I wouldn't, if you're a Na Li/Li Na fan. He's the reason half the players who like Peer and Chakvetadze don't like Na Li/Li Na. Which is a pity, since she was a terrific prospect.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:10 AM
:lol::lol: hmmm vitrioloic? :lol:
do you need a dictionary?

Mikey.
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Nice bump :help::scared::bolt:

Slutati
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
LOL:haha::rolls: