PDA

View Full Version : Articles about Julia

stefi62
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Here is an interview given by Julia like a week ago and published yesterday. If someone who speaks Russian could translate, even roughly, what she says, that'd be great. :wavey:

http://tennis.sport.com.ua/news.phtml?id=38269

stefi62
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Here is the translation, thanks to a friend of mine, TK!

Player number2 in Ukrainian ratings told the reporter about the real reasons of her absence in national team.

The Ukrainian, one of the most perspective WTA players up to date, had played her only official match this year and disappeared. The gossip had begun to spread about her unwilling to play for the national team and her plans to change her citizenship. But without Julia our team can hardly pass Italy and reach the unbelievable - the World Group. Actually, the 34th world tennis player has no practice at all healing yet another injury. The conseaquences of her falling from a bicycle which happened to Julia even before AO turned to be more serious than it was expected. It seems that 24 years old Vakulenko is haunted by a curse of injuries - no Ukrainian tennis player had ever had such a number of them!

The hand is still immobilized, for about one week and a half, sais Julia. I have to take X-ray, if the bone is healed, i will be able to train. If not, i'll probably will have to have a surgery.

/the reporter/ How it turned out that an injury had in the end of the last year had not been healed till today?
/Juila/ When i was preparing for AO, the official tournament medic was not be able to find that i broke the bone. He said that it's not dangerous. But it was painful for me to play, i had to change my raquet for a lighter one. That playing only made the injury worse. Than i had a painkiller shot before the match, and it turned out that that painkiller is bad for bones. And i didn't think that i actually broke my hand. I got used to pain and even trained after AO but an X-ray had showed it was worse than I had thought.

/the reporter/ The injuries have always prevent you to reach the higher, deserved, places. How do you take it?
/Julia/ I'm surprised by such a misfourtune myself. It's not an easy thing to think about, I planed to compete for Top Ten in ratings this season. But the main thing is that I have my family and friends by my side - with them all the difficulties are much easier to live through.

/the reporter/ In April Ukrainian team will have an important match vs Italy in FedCup. Will you debute in the team?
/Julia/ Let's see what will be with my hand, will I be able to play at all by that time. If I will have to have a surgery, I'll probably miss about six month. And that's always like that - when I need to play for the national team, I'm recovering from another injury...

/the reporter/ At our tennis federation we had the word about your plans to change the citizenship...
/Julia/ Not at all. I live in many countries but I have Ukrainian citizenship and I do not plan to change it!

/the reporter/ Will you visit Ukraine this year?
/Julia/ I don't know about what schedule will I have. I usually visit Ukraine to see my grandfather. But now I'd like to have him visiting me here. Maybe during RG or Wimbledon.

/the reporter/ Now you have more spare time, how do you spend it? Not only shopping in parisian boutiques?
/Julia/ [laughs] Yeah, I always have time for that! I have all I need but if someting new appears in the shops, the shoes or purses, I cannot refuse myself sometimes. And I like to choose presents for my friends. One of my close friends is Mary Pierce and a couple of days ago I presented her a nice ring. Mary always like my presents. But the most of my time goes to fitness and reading. And the main thing, now I can spend more time with my friends, whom I haven't seen for a long time because of my busy schedule.

Milito22
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM
back soon Julia :hug:

Jojo_
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Stefi and TK

Vefci Y
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
I WANT TO KNOW IF SHE WILL HAVE surgery

Jojo_
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I WANT TO KNOW IF SHE WILL HAVE surgery

In the article, Julia don't know if she will have surgery, no Nervousness ... Just wait

Vefci Y
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:34 AM
She will take x-RAY,I hope it will be ok!

Nicofromparis
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Come back soon Julia!!!
Is she still living in France? I thought she left the Mouratoglou Academy last year, didn't she?

stefi62
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM
She did leave Mouratoglou Academy last summer, but still practices in France.

Vefci Y
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know if she will play in two weeks?

stefi62
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if she will play in two weeks?

She has to wait for the results of a MRI, so she does not know yet.

Vefci Y
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:31 AM
She has to wait for the results of a MRI, so she does not know yet.

If she have to have surgery,she will miss 6 mouth!omg!I can`wait!Sprem will be back,i don want to see Julia go away!:sad:

Nicofromparis
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:36 PM
She did leave Mouratoglou Academy last summer, but still practices in France.

do you know why she left the academy? because she had such good results when she was there!!
I miss her so much, like Martina Hingis and Mary Pierce...my favorite players are not playing any more or injured!:sad:

Vefci Y
Feb 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I miss her very much too...

Nicofromparis
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I miss her very much too...

Hopefully she will be back very soon!

Vefci Y
Mar 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
Any news for her?:sad:

Nicofromparis
Mar 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
when will she have the results of the MRI?

Vefci Y
Mar 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe she have had,but we don`t know....:sad:

*Jean*
Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
She will see the doctor wednesday and will have results of her MRI...

Let's cross fingers!

Vefci Y
Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
I`m worrying about her..

Vefci Y
Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
I want to know if she can train now?If not,I think she must withdrew next week,but her name still in the list!Why?

stefi62
Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
I want to know if she can train now?If not,I think she must withdrew next week,but her name still in the list!Why?

For sure she won't play in Indian Wells. That's sad cos I read that's one of her favorite tournaments... :sad:

Vefci Y
Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
For sure she won't play in Indian Wells. That's sad cos I read that's one of her favorite tournaments... :sad:

I hope she can back in clay season,because clay is her best court,of course,I hope she can be in the miami:kiss:

stefi62
Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Article about Julia in Marca today

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/1096090.html

I'll translate tonight!

Vefci Y
Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thank!I will go to sleep!And I will see your article tomorrow!Good night!

stefi62
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Here is the translation. Sorry, neither Spanish or English are my first language!

THE UKRAINIAN TENNISPLAYER HAS THE SPECIAL DREAM TO WIN ROLAND GARROS
Vakulenko: “I want to finish the year in Top-Ten”

DAVID MENAYO / Madrid

Julia Vakulenko was born in Yalta (Ukraine), but she practiced in Spain. Right now, she is healing from an injury and despite this; she is number 34 in the WTA rankings. Polyglot, nice and sincere, this Monday she replied to the call of ‘Tie Break’, the tennis program of RadioMarca…

How are you right now? Because you are a little injured...
I am waiting for my wrist to heal. When I was training for the Australian Open, I fell of a bike and I fractured a small bone in my wrist. Actually, I was not aware of the gravity of the injury, and I played in Australia with the fractured bone and after making analysis, I discovered I had to wear a cast for four weeks.

Do you know when you will play again?
On March 5th; I will make a new scanner and then when can know better. If everything is okay, I could be back for Miami or Charleston. I’d like to play in Indian Wells because it’s one of my favourite tournaments, but it is too early…

This year, so far, you only played in Australia, but you maintain yourself into the best players of the Wolrd ( number 34 at the WTA ranking). What are your goals this season?
First, like every people that do sport, I’d like to have no injury (she laughs)… And in relation with my career, I’d like to finish the year in the Top-Ten.

I figure that your other goal is to improve your palmares. What tournament would you really like to win?
I’d like very much to win Roland Garros, which is a tournament I like very much. As I practised a lot in Barcelone, I like clay tournaments.

You were born in Ukrain, but you live between Spain and France. You practice in Barcelone, in Paris. How do you deal with being one day in a place and the next in another one?
It’s not easy, but you get used thanks to the planes… I have friends in both countries and I love both France and Spain. Living in different countries teaches you different cultures and way of living. It’s very interesting.

And it will also help you to improve tennistically…
Each country has very good things that I can learn. It’s very good because I am very open to different ways to practice and at the same time you learn that the most important is not how you practice but to feel alright with yourself.

I wanted to ask you something about the level of Women’s tennis. Do you think we could have in Spain a new tennis player in Top Ten?
I haven’t been training in Spain for some time now, but I think that one of the problems for the Spanish tennis players is that there aren’t many women tournaments there. As a WTA tournament, there is only Barcelona’s and the level could be better if there were more.

And about the Ukrainian school… There is you, the Bondarenko sisters… more and more, you appear in the international panorama…As Ukraine is a little better economically now, there are more possibilities for people to travel and get involved in tennis. Discipline and sport are very popular in Ukraine and the people that do sport are much implicated, in Europe, that’s more complicated is much easier and people don’t really know if that what they want to do professionally. For me, it’s very important to have a good psychologist or mental discipline school because in the end, what you do on court depends on how you think.

A woman that has the mentality, the physics and the quality is Justine Hénin. How much better is the Belgian player compared to the others?
I don’t think she is that superior because she is very close to Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Kuznetsova... What Justine has is that she can win without playing so good and she always fights even if she knows she is not doing well.

We know that one of the characteristics that defines you as a tennis placer, Julia, is perfectionism. What are the strongest point and the weakest point of your game?
I think that my strong point is that I’m lucky to have a good physic, I have a good serve and powerful shots, which makes me dominates quite easily a lot of players.
And I have worked a lot on my movements, because I’m very tall so it is important, and on my net play, because in front of players that defend well, I need to have more possibilities to end the points at the net.

To finish this interview, here is a little test…
If you were not a tennis player, what would you do? …. psychologist
A habit you have that you can’t confess…. I always sleep with a teddy bear my mother gave me
A place in the World you could recommend…... Indian Wells.
Your idol in the tennis World is or was… Steffi Graf.
With whom would you go on a desert island?... With the ideal man, but I have met him yet
What is there in Ukraine that is not in Spain? … Snow and cold
What is there in Spain that is not in Ukraine?... Spanish ham and gazpacho

I see that you did not give up the good habits… (she laughs). It was a pleasure talking to you.

dreylau
Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
great article, thank you very much stefi

Vefci Y
Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Can she reall be back in march 5th?oMG!!!!

stefi62
Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Can she reall be back in march 5th?oMG!!!!

March 5th is the scan!

Nicofromparis
Mar 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Do you know when you will play again? [/B]
On March 5th; I will make a new scanner and then when can know better. If everything is okay, I could be back for Miami or Charleston. I’d like to play in Indian Wells because it’s one of my favourite tournaments, but it is too early…

.[/B]

i am such happy she's back soon!!! great news!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Vefci Y
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Any news about her scan?

Vefci Y
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Julia will have many points to hold in these time!
Indian,Miami,Warsaw,Berlin!!!!
Who can tell me which tourments will she take part in Clay season?

Vefci Y
Mar 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
No one around:mad:

stefi62
Mar 6th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Well, the scan was yesterday, I don't know when we will get the results! I hope we know in the next few days, I want to know as well if I will see her in Miami!

Vefci Y
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:55 AM
No news?

Russianboy
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:09 PM
finally i talked to her again.. she cant train for the next 4 weeks. she can do only fitness.

I told her i will go to the mouratoglou academy next week and she told me we can meet then, cuz she's also in paris :D

Milito22
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Vamos Julia :hug:

Vefci Y
Mar 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM
finally i talked to her again.. she cant train for the next 4 weeks. she can do only fitness.

I told her i will go to the mouratoglou academy next week and she told me we can meet then, cuz she's also in paris :D

Will she be back in Charleston?

Vefci Y
Mar 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I hope she can be back as soon as possible,She have many point to hold during the Clay season,about 400 point....