PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams withdraws from Dubai!

tobi
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
She withdrew from the event today.

Replaced by Lucie Safarova.

Brooks.
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
let me just say...

I AM SHOCKED :tape: :help:

see you in Miami Serena :rolleyes:

CORIA01
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
it was expected

venus_rulez
LOL. Oh Serena!

bwahahahahaha
:o

Sylvester
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Still the dental surgery? :haha: x10000000

itzhak
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Why "!"?

this is Serena....

serenus_2k8
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Omfg...

Elwin.
:spit:

ToeTag
Well the oscar parties are coming up. Priorities, people. Priorities!

Vlad Tepes
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:50 PM
:lol: :tape:

Uranium
see you in Bangalore Serena with Venus;)

slamchamp
OMG :haha: now what, she broke her nail?

Brooks.
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM
so 2008, we already have 3 withdrawals.

probably a 4th coming up. some things never change, unfortunately.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Surprising...not.

The Daviator
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Serena's gonna play like 6 events this year :lol:

kadirelf
why why why why

serenus_2k8
Link / News?

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:53 PM
:sad:
But i expected it
at least we can see Venus play
disappointed but knew it would happen
Serena see you at Miami

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
want to see links

swissmr
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Believe it or not, I actually thought she'd play this one :tape:
I'm sure she has a good reason for it...

cellophane
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Withdrena?

The Daviator
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Link / News?

want to see links

If tobi says it then it's true :p

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM
If she's not playing Dubai, then she's certainly not going to Bangalore:rolleyes:

See you in Miami.

Slutiana
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Okay, Im pissed now. :mad:

Well, rest up Serena. :o

Uranium
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:58 PM
not true, she will play Bangalore because Vee is going, unless Vee withdraws

Dodoboy.
i don't care!

At least one WS is serious about Tennis this year!!

GO Venus!

Slumpsova
:rolleyes:
will she ever come back playing? i mean she needs points bc after Miami she will drop really bad and could have played Henin in 3R at Roland Garros. is that what she wants?

or she is jus thinking about withdraw from Paris this year?

serenus_2k8
I thought with the money and the fact a place like Dubai is great 2 visit, that we would see her. I think Vee has far greater chance of pushing into the top 5 this year. Ree just doesnt commit enough :(

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Gosh dawn it

Tamus
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
(Official) Reason?

Slutati
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
and at the start of the year she was saying how she wants to be #1 again.well, good luck with that if she plans on playing 5 tournaments;)

frenchie
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I like Serena but this is beyond pathetic!
Just don't commit if you know you won't play. Simple as that

But that was never in doubt anyway

She can't come back to the top with that kind of schedule
Serena should take example on Venus who always stick to her schedule

hotandspicey
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
What now Serena. :rolleyes: Like cheo says "get it together!!"

danieln1
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Same good old Serena, withdrawing tournament after tournament... at least she´s rested for Miami, where she´ll hopefully defend her title

Il Primo!
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:13 PM
We should create a "Serena's withdrawals thread" and bump it when necessary.

I cannot say antyhing and I can assure you I rarely get speechless :help:

Dodoboy.
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Reminds me of playing dominoes!
and each tournament is a dominoe thing!

tae04
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Too many withdrawals and excuses over the past 5 years, when is this going to end.

debopero
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'm sure she wanted to play.

debopero
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:15 PM
and I sure she realizes that she withdraws a lot

scoobsuk
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I said this around Paris and Antwerp. Why she bothers to enter events during Awards season escapes me.

TomTennis
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
My god give the girl a break.

If she wants to do something else instead of playing for a week in Dubai, then thats her decision.

Ill just wait and see her play whenever she is ready, some people should really follow suit as well.

perseus2006
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Withdrena?

That's cute!

ce
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:33 PM
she will skip Bangalore 100 % :spit:
Serena :spit:

Slumpsova
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:35 PM
she already had too many breaks :o

tenn_ace
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM

If she wants to do something else instead of playing for a week in Dubai, then thats her decision.

Ill just wait and see her play whenever she is ready, some people should really follow suit as well.

you are missing the point. She enters, tournaments sell tickets using her name and then 3 days before the tournament she withdraws.

So now imagine. You decided to buy a computer with the advertised new technology. You prepaid for the computer and are excited to get it. But in the last minute the company decided not to release the new technology because they just don't feel like. besides they got your money anyways... So what are your feelings now?

TomTennis
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:42 PM
you are missing the point. She enters, tournaments sell tickets using her name and then 3 days before the tournament she withdraws.

So now imagine. You decided to buy a computer with the advertised new technology. You prepaid for the computer and are excited to get it. But in the last minute the company decided not to release the new technology because they just don't feel like. besides they got your money anyways... So what are your feelings now?

You seem to be a bit delusional. You either dont like Serena, or you do like her and thats why your angry she has let you down.

First of all, she would have entered the tournament because she would have thought she could play it. She is obviously injured or has something more important to attend to, who knows what that is, but Im sure you have been on the board long enough to know that the WTATour recieve withdrawels ALOT earlier than they are released, and that is because the TOUR uses her name to sell tickets despite knowing that she has already withdrawen.

If this 'new technology' that I am buying, if the computer company realised that the technology has a harmful virus that could 'injure' your computer and put it out of use for a long time then you'd think twice yes.

When it all boils down to it, its upsetting for the fans that have paid money to go and see her, but thats life unfortauntely, Serena cant see months into the future and set her schedule around future injuries, because the world just doesnt work like that. You just have to accept it and move on. No point drawing it out with repetitive "God damn Serena, cant believe you do this again, what is it this time etc etc etc"

perseus2006
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Enter - withdraw at the last possible instant.

Enter - withdraw just in time.

Enter - withdraw before anything happens.

Seems to me that Serena isn't on the Pill.

harloo
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Serena's withdrawls are starting to become more important to non-fans than the tournaments themselves. :tape::lol:

tenn_ace
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
You seem to be a bit delusional. You either dont like Serena, or you do like her and thats why your angry she has let you down.

First of all, she would have entered the tournament because she would have thought she could play it. She is obviously injured or has something more important to attend to, who knows what that is, but Im sure you have been on the board long enough to know that the WTATour recieve withdrawels ALOT earlier than they are released, and that is because the TOUR uses her name to sell tickets despite knowing that she has already withdrawen.

If this 'new technology' that I am buying, if the computer company realised that the technology has a harmful virus that could 'injure' your computer and put it out of use for a long time then you'd think twice yes.

When it all boils down to it, its upsetting for the fans that have paid money to go and see her, but thats life unfortauntely, Serena cant see months into the future and set her schedule around future injuries, because the world just doesnt work like that. You just have to accept it and move on. No point drawing it out with repetitive "God damn Serena, cant believe you do this again, what is it this time etc etc etc"

I admit I'm not a big fan of Serena although after reading her interviews at AO I found myself shifting from disliking to respecting.
Now about the topic. I usually stay away from these threads about Serena because ppl say the same stuff over and over again. But these threads appear so often, they have become a fixture in the General Messages. And every time there is a different reason why she can't play. And as for this particular case, even YOU don't believe that she is injured. Just re-read your post which prompted this discussion.

So back to the example with computer... Is it really her decision if customer have already paid for the tickets.....

supergrunt
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Lets her do what the hell she wants.

frontier
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Thats so messed up....she is what she is:help:

TomTennis
I admit I'm not a big fan of Serena although after reading her interviews at AO I found myself shifting from disliking to respecting.
Now about the topic. I usually staty away from these threads about Serena because ppl say the same stuff over and over again. But these threads appear so often, they have become a fixture in the General Messages. Every time there is a different reason why she can't play. And as for this particular case, even YOU don't believe that she is injured. Just re-read your post which prompted this discussion.

So back to the example with computer... Is it really her decision if customer have already paid for the tickets.....

Of course I dont know if she is injured, duh. How on earth do I no whats happened? There is no link, no 'official' withdrawel statement, Im not a mind reader am I. She may be injured, she may not be, she may have something more important, who knows, quite frankly I dont care, its her decision at the end of the day how she wants to go about her own life. Ill be a fan and hope she wins when she plays, but Im not going to whine about how much she has let me down by withdrawing again. To all her other pissed off fans, grow a backbone and deal with it.

Forget the computer example, it doesnt quite fit into this scenario. If fans bought tickets just to see her and not the other players then I feel for them, I really do, but unfortunately that is sport, this is tennis, we all know Serena, its just the way the cookie crumbles. You have to take it with a pinch of salt but ultimately accept it.

LUXXXAS
oh my god! it's shocking news! :eek:
can't believe it!!!!!

TomTennis
Lets her do what the hell she wants.

finally, only took 4 pages to get another poster with a similar view point.

mckyle.
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
It's disappointing. But oh well.

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

AcesHigh
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:56 PM
um....well....
...yeah

Let's just not expect Serena to play anything except slams and Miami. I didn't even know she was entered here since I don't even pay attention to her outside of slams.

TomTennis
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM
um....well....
...yeah

Let's just not expect Serena to play anything except slams and Miami. I didn't even know she was entered here since I don't even pay attention to her outside of slams.

Im sure she's devastated.

faboozadoo15
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
By now fans should know better than to buy tickets expecting Serena Williams. Tournament directors should also know better.

Let Serena do what she wants. Tennis is a sport. She should play as she pleases.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM
OK... that's news.... if you consider it as one... :tape:

supergrunt
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:03 PM

:haha:

Marcell
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Isn't it interesting that Serena's withdrawal has more replies than Venus winning today. People seem to be drawn to the Serena drama.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:07 PM

And I'm sure you are a little bit too sensitive.

GoDominique
Oh noes!! And I thought Serena loves Dubai.

Effy
i would be pissed off if i were Serena fan :o anyway hope to see u soon in action, Serena.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Serena could enter tourns when she's retired too and withdraw every week

......... oh wait :spit:

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Isn't it interesting that Serena's withdrawal has more replies than Venus winning today. People seem to be drawn to the Serena drama.

Yes
They Are:rolleyes::rolleyes:

brehondavis
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I don't know what the official reason is but on her website, she says that she just had the dental surgery, she has lost weight because she wasn't eating due to pain in her mouth and she has just resumed training. So maybe she doesn't feel prepared.

Nemo_Kool
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM
well...its disappointin but i dont wana see a hot mess on the court with a swollen jaw haha See you soon Serena...ever the optimist i'd say Bangalore!

beecharmer
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:23 PM
[quote=TomTennis;12551038]You seem to be a bit delusional. You either dont like Serena, or you do like her and thats why your angry she has let you down.

Withdrawn, btw.

I think everyone just wants to see Serena play, and no-one questions when injuries play a part. But my point is how can she be leering at a Grammy's party then withdraw so late to the date. The point Im trying to make by my emboldened print above is this; the argument that it's the tour's fault if it's a late withdrawal is spurious - if and when Serena has withdrawn, are you seriously claiming she doesn't have the media faculties to announce it herself? Immediately? She may just think about people buying tickets to see her play. And I know people may argue she isn't allowed to announce it herself, well, what are the tour going to do? The stars run the show and we all know it.

misael
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:23 PM

Give her a break my foot, I went over to the wtatour website and looked at her tennis highlights and counted 64 withdrawals in her career. That's just ridiculous.64 times,it's just an unbelievable number.

theFutureisNow
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I don't think that the "what about the fans" argument is accurate.

If you are a remotely rational fan, you will look at Serena's past history of playing events, and not a website or whatever when deciding whether she will be there.

Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon
US Open
Miami
Charleston
Rome
and maybe a couple tier 2s, but I don't want to bother to look it up.

If she does show up at any tournament besides these then it is a pleasant surprise, but not something you could have reasonably expected.

Groenefelder25
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:27 PM
do people actualy take notice of her when she says shes going to play tournaments other than grand slams and miami/indian wells??!!!

Dodoboy.
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM
64!
jesus...!!

she has played less than that :rolleyes:

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
She doesn't play Indian Wells???

Nemo_Kool
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
do people actualy take notice of her when she says shes going to play tournaments other than grand slams and miami/indian wells??!!!
indian wells:fiery:...

Poova
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Serena Williams = fucking joke.

How can she still have fans?! I've never seen a player who cares less about her fans. She's a fucking disgrace to the WTA Tour. Just retire if you're not going to play. :wavey:

Dodoboy.
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM

How can she still have fans?! I've never seen a player who cares less about her fans. She's a fucking disgrace to the WTA Tour. Just retire if you're not going to play. :wavey:

Dodoboy.
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Are people trying to justify this because she does it a lot...because that is even more disgusting!

Wtrain
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I wish I could say Im suprised... but I'm not. I'm a fan of hers but how the hell does she expect to get back to the top of the rankings like shes been talking about if she doesn't friggin play? maybe shes content making it to the quarterfinals of slams and loosing...

Helen Lawson
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Serena is the shit!! That's why her fans put up with her, myself included. I hope she's planning something special for Miami, though. Any real fan of Serena's knows she doesn't play much, if at all, between Austrialia and Miami. If she doesn't show up for Paris Indoors, forget it until Miami.

Destiny
bahh

Craigy

:haha: Oh dear.
Did Serena get her dog to bite you or something? :o

TomTennis
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
[quote=TomTennis;12551038]You seem to be a bit delusional. You either dont like Serena, or you do like her and thats why your angry she has let you down.

Withdrawn, btw.

I think everyone just wants to see Serena play, and no-one questions when injuries play a part. But my point is how can she be leering at a Grammy's party then withdraw so late to the date. The point Im trying to make by my emboldened print above is this; the argument that it's the tour's fault if it's a late withdrawal is spurious - if and when Serena has withdrawn, are you seriously claiming she doesn't have the media faculties to announce it herself? Immediately? She may just think about people buying tickets to see her play. And I know people may argue she isn't allowed to announce it herself, well, what are the tour going to do? The stars run the show and we all know it.

Dont quote me on this because Im not preciesly excat, but Im pretty sure the players have an obligation that even if they withdraw, it is left up to the Tour to present it to the media, yes the players have the media on hand if they want to but I think they are under contracts to not say anything until it goes through the tour.

that being said, Im done with this thread.

égalité
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
:banghead:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder whether there are any odds from bookmakers on how many tournaments Serena will retire this year....

.... because I may want to put 100 bucks on "more than 5" :lol:

supergrunt
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Serena is the shit!! That's why her fans put up with her, myself included. I hope she's planning something special for Miami, though. Any real fan of Serena's knows she doesn't play much, if at all, between Austrialia and Miami. If she doesn't show up for Paris Indoors, forget it until Miami.

:lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Sux like hell but id rather 1 show of vintage ree than 10 showings of 'Quaterena'

Nemo_Kool
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Thats true though im waiting for something FU**IN AMAZING at Miami (and Bangalore!!!)

Beat
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:51 PM
on her website, she says that she just had the dental surgery, she has lost weight because she wasn't eating due to pain in her mouth and she has just resumed training.
okey dokey :tape:

Wtrain
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Oh she better be planning something really friggin special then! LOL

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Better

Helen Lawson
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thats true though im waiting for something FU**IN AMAZING at Miami (and Bangalore!!!)

Hon, unless she's getting mid-6 figures to show up, I wouldn't book my tickets to Bangalore.

Renalicious
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM
omg....noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sefo
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Last year NO, this year NO,
WTF?

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
its very clear tennis isn't her #1 priority, or her main focus. no one, not even serena will win slams on a regular basis without putting tennis 1st. she seems to want the rewards of grand slams and the #1 ranking without putting in the hardwork. it just isn't gonna happen.

i've always thought serena loves winning not tennis, venus loves tennis. in the end this could be what determines who ends up with the greater career when they are both finished, not talent which serena undoubtly has more of.

Groenefelder25
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:22 PM
oh sorry about including indian wells in my last comment, i didnt know :tape:

pittsburghsteely
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM
i cant find any info that she withdrew

Bounty Hunter
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Which draw are you looking at? Per Dubai's website, the draw isn't out.

2008 Draws
Draws will be available prior to the Women's Open beginning on February 25, 2008. Please check back for more information and updates.

View 2007 archived draws of the Men's 2007 Dubai Tennis Championships and Women's Open

http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com/3/draws/default.asp

harloo
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Hon, unless she's getting mid-6 figures to show up, I wouldn't book my tickets to Bangalore.

I know Dubai pays six figure appearance fees and that didn't encourage Serena to play. So, that theory doesn't necessarily hold much water. She probably won't play Bangalore either but who knows? I hope she does finally show up somewhere.:)

Nemo_Kool
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:33 PM
im in denial i need some cofirmation!!!

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Which draw are you looking at? Per Dubai's website, the draw isn't out.

2008 Draws
Draws will be available prior to the Women's Open beginning on February 25, 2008. Please check back for more information and updates.

View 2007 archived draws of the Men's 2007 Dubai Tennis Championships and Women's Open

http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com/3/draws/default.asp

the draw isn't out yet, shes withdrawn from the entry list, therefore safarovas next in, not takes her place in the draw ;)

Nemo_Kool
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:36 PM
the draw isn't out yet, shes withdrawn from the entry list, therefore safarovas next in, not takes her place in the draw ;)
but where is the entry list cos on their site she's still on it?!?!?!:confused:

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:38 PM
We need proof

Bounty Hunter
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Where are you getting this info. She's still on the player's list... I need confirmation...that's all

2008 Players List

2008 Men's Line Up

Player Name Nat. Rank
Roger Federer SUI 1
Rafael Nadal ESP 2
Novak Djokovic SRB 3
Nikolay Davydenko RUS 4
David Ferrer ESP 5
Andy Roddick USA 6
Richard Gasquet FRA 8
Andy Murray GBR 9
Tommy Haas GER 11
Tommy Robredo ESP 12
Tomas Berdych CZE 13
Mikhail Youzhny RUS 14
Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP 21
Ivo Karlovic CRO 24
Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA 25
Jarkko Nieminen FIN 26
Philipp Kohlschreiber GER 27
Fernando Verdasco ESP 28
Stanislas Wawrinka SUI 29
Nicolas Almagro ESP 31
Dmitry Tursunov RUS 32
Gilles Simon FRA 33
Igor Andreev RUS 35
Fabrice Santoro FRA 36
* Men's ranks as of Jan, 14, 2008

2008 Women's Line Up

Player Name Nat. Rank
Justine Henin BEL 1
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS 2
Ana Ivanovic SRB 3
Jelena Jankovic SRB 4
Maria Sharapova RUS 5
Anna Chakvetadze RUS 6
Serena Williams USA 7
Daniela Hantuchova SVK 9
Marion Bartoli FRA 10
Elena Dementieva RUS 11
Nicole Vaidisova CZE 12
Nadia Petrova RUS 14
Patty Schnyder SUI 15
Dinara Safina RUS 16
Amelie Mauresmo FRA 18
Na Li CHN 18 (SR)
Agnes Szavay HUN 19
Sybille Bammer AUT 20
Alona Bondarenko UKR 21
* Women's ranks as of Jan. 14, 2008

Poova
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:43 PM
If tobi or TBE says it it's right, trust me. :p

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Where are you getting this info. She's still on the player's list... I need confirmation...that's all

You don't need confirmation. Either you trust tobi (whose informations are reliable), or you don't; it's your choice.

Bounty Hunter
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
You don't need confirmation. Either you trust tobi (whose informations are reliable), or you don't; it's your choice.

And you are? :lol::lol:

Matt01
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:05 AM
And you are? :lol::lol:

A young man with a higher IQ than you :)

canuckfan
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:22 AM
Entry lists cannot be posted here. But some people still have access to them (ex: Tobi). So if Tobi said she withdrew, she withdrew.

slamchamp
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:55 AM
ok we got it, tobi is reliable :)

matty
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM

Yah, she just does not seem to have her heart in it anymore. What is up with her!!!

No Name Face
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:25 AM
as a big serena fan, i'm tired of this shit.

serenafan08
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM

Slumpsova
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
you bitch don't need to edit my new name into your sig. bc people know who i was anyway. i want to keep to the original tuna. can i? :)

Slumpsova
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
you bitch don't need to edit my new name into your sig. bc people know who i was anyway. i want to keep it to the original tuna. can i? :)

vettipooh
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:50 AM
I'm beginning to see the same pattern as last year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thank goodness for Vee keeping her commitments. :hearts: Serena can borrow a page! :o

SAEKeithSerena
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM
and she thinks she has a realistic shot at no. 1? hahahahahahaha

i am so sick of serena's shit.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:01 AM
2008 Men's Line Up

Player Name Nat. Rank
Roger Federer SUI 1
Rafael Nadal ESP 2
Novak Djokovic SRB 3
Nikolay Davydenko RUS 4
David Ferrer ESP 5
Andy Roddick USA 6
Richard Gasquet FRA 8
Andy Murray GBR 9
Tommy Haas GER 11

This piece of s..t Roddick is gonna play a real International Series tournament for the first time in his career instead of those crappy US tornaments like Las Vegas or San Jose :eek::eek:

faboozadoo15
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:05 AM

I wonder what Serena's favorite microwave popcorn brand is.

sammy01
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:08 AM

whichever one is giving away 50% free that week :tape::lol:

Uranium
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM
1. tobi runs entry lists, so he knows EVERYTHING;)
2. haters, bet you're loving this because now your faves have a shot of winning:p

vettipooh
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:51 AM

The same brand that Seles snacks on, day after day, night after night, while she watches tourny after tourny, slam after slam, on her couch, while everyone awaited her return to the tour! :rolleyes: Understand now, why you generate not-so-nice responses in Serena's fans?? :rolleyes:

vettipooh
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:56 AM
whichever one is giving away 50% free that week :tape::lol:

Maybe if Chakvetadze had eaten some of that free popcorn, she would have had more stamina to win her match. :tape::lol:

faboozadoo15
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:04 AM
The same brand that Seles snacks on, day after day, night after night, while she watches tourny after tourny, slam after slam, on her couch, while everyone awaited her return to the tour! :rolleyes: Understand now, why you generate not-so-nice responses in Serena's fans?? :rolleyes:

Actually, it's the fans that have been sitting on their duffs eating the popcorn. Monica has been sexifying herself, getting into great shape, travelling the world, enjoying life, and doing great things for others.

Tamus
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM

Seles is 34; Serena is 26. Two TOTALLY different stages in their careers. You can't fault Seles for holding out hope for a comeback and waiting so long to officially retire. If you think she was wasting away on her couch and not staying fit, then you are sadly mistaken.

sweetpeas
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM
So what!!!!!!!!!!!!How many time"s have you call out of WORK?

plantman
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:50 AM
Actually, it's the fans that have been sitting on their duffs eating the popcorn. Monica has been sexifying herself, getting into great shape, travelling the world, enjoying life, and doing great things for others.

So true.....:worship:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:55 AM
ahahahahahahay

hkyen
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:58 AM
This is her style.
I hope she can win Olympic Game.
That is my hope

spiritedenergy
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:32 AM
WOW, Fabootroll and Sammyidiot at their finest. The idiots come out at night:tape:

danieln1
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:46 AM
Withdrena?

That was funny!!

drake3781
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:21 AM
:lol: :tape:

:tape: :lol:

Helaena
Feb 21st, 2008, 05:39 AM
oh no serena...i wish to see you here....

Nikkiri
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:13 AM
:eek: shocking

pittsburghsteely
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:18 AM
A young man with a higher IQ than you :)

POP OFF . YO , IM FROM BROOKLYN SON . PIMP DOWN!

Helaena
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
Im sure you have been on the board long enough to know that the WTATour recieve withdrawels ALOT earlier than they are released, and that is because the TOUR uses her name to sell tickets despite knowing that she has already withdrawen.

FYI.

the tickets for QF, SF and F were sold out online within two hours from release (Jan 13) and the other tickets were sold out weeks before...so if the organizers knew about this way before, they weren't withholding the info to sell tickets....

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Serena wont play until she is ready. I think the top players (maria and Justine) are in her mind and dont want to meet them not being 100%. As others have said, she just loves winning more than tennis itself alone.

*Jean*
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Serena :D Like often, playing Melbourne & Miami only :lol:

Aaron.
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
POP OFF . YO , IM FROM BROOKLYN SON . PIMP DOWN! :lol: :tape:

Serenidad.
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM

She can still blow your fave out of the fucking water.

Get a reality check sweetie.

Dodoboy.
Feb 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Maybe if Chakvetadze had eaten some of that free popcorn, she would have had more stamina to win her match. :tape::lol:

:eek::lol:

A'DAM
Feb 21st, 2008, 09:28 AM
:haha:

JustTheBest_G
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
She can still blow your fave out of the fucking water.

Get a reality check sweetie.

learn some proper language :rolleyes:

WOW only 10 pages so far? what's wrong, guys? :p

Calypso
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM

:tape:

No Serena since January :sad:.

Mina Vagante
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
:oI, for one, am shocked !

Mina Vagante
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Say adios to the top 10.

Just come bakc real strong Serena :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM

no don't say that...that might start another court case :sad:

Dave.
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Staying inside the top 20 would be an achievement now. There's no way she will get back to the top 5 like this. It's a shame because she had such a good start to the year.

At least Venus is trying and (so far) is on the right course.

.Andrew.
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oh Serena. :rolleyes:
This is getting so pathetic. :o Rest for Miami and be at your best. :hug:

At least there is Venus. :p

Marcus1979
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
this sucks every week feels like Groundhog day where its serena withdrawing from that weeks event.

Does anyone know if Venus is playing Dubai?

.Andrew.
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:44 PM
this sucks every week feels like Groundhog day where its serena withdrawing from that weeks event.

Does anyone know if Venus is playing Dubai?

I think she will be defending her title at Memphis. :)

vettipooh
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Seles is 34; Serena is 26. Two TOTALLY different stages in their careers. You can't fault Seles for holding out hope for a comeback and waiting so long to officially retire. If you think she was wasting away on her couch and not staying fit, then you are sadly mistaken.

No. You are sadly mistaken. You missed "it". :o :tape: :devil:

Boreas
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:05 PM
I don't know what the official reason is but on her website, she says that she just had the dental surgery, she has lost weight because she wasn't eating due to pain in her mouth and she has just resumed training. So maybe she doesn't feel prepared.

So, the main reason for withdrawing, is hunger?

Nemo_Kool
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
I think she will be defending her title at Memphis. :)
I hope she changes her mind it would be far more practical to go to dubai then bangalore then rest up for miami.aaa well

.Andrew.
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM
I hope she changes her mind it would be far more practical to go to dubai then bangalore then rest up for miami.aaa well

Agreed. :)
I don't understand why she'll travel from Doha to Memphis and then back to Asia for Bangalore. But I'm just really happy that she's playing. :)

Well maybe she wants to defend her title. :shrug: And plus IMO she has never really played well at Dubai. She has a 3-3 record there so I'd rather see her play in Memphis. ;)

LoveFifteen
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Babygur1 nEedz rest, you guyz!!11~!!

sTop being haterz!!!!!1`~~

Destiny
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
She doesn't rest
she needs ranking points to be NUMBER 1
she needs to play

tennis ace
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:15 PM
I used to get so upset when she would withdraw say right up until 2006 but now i expect nothing more than to watch her play the tourny's that I in Canada can watch on TV......thats not a lot folks :lol:

Craigy
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I love how these Serena threads always manage to get so many replies. :rolls:

Paneru
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Serena is re-fueling for Miami.

Serena thrives off of doubters and one of the
best ways to get it is not to play. I mean, lokk
at how many boards have her withdrawls as hot topics. :cool:

In The Zone
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Haters gonna' hate.
Players gonna' play.
Champions gonna' flu.

Justin SW
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Where are these infos from?

Destiny
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM
From a reliable source

Dodoboy.
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Serena:

serena
no.1 ranking __________________________________________________ ___________________:dog:

Svetlana.
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
It's sad... I want to see Serena play more this year. She always brings more excitement to any tournament and motivates others to play better.

moon
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think that the "what about the fans" argument is accurate.

If you are a remotely rational fan, you will look at Serena's past history of playing events, and not a website or whatever when deciding whether she will be there.

Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon
US Open
Miami
Charleston
Rome
and maybe a couple tier 2s, but I don't want to bother to look it up.

If she does show up at any tournament besides these then it is a pleasant surprise, but not something you could have reasonably expected.
this sounds just about right. :p
this thread is :lol:
Serena is a grown woman folks. She can play when she wants.

Mileen
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM

No, cause Kim stumbled over him/her instead :lol:

Asmus
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:29 PM
If anyone's up for it, here's a project for you... why not calculate how many events Serena has withdrawn from in her 11-year career? I say a minimum of 5 per year on average, which would be 55 last-minute pullouts over her career.

Tennis Fool
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Dangerous when interested :shrug:

hotandspicey
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
If anyone's up for it, here's a project for you... why not calculate how many events Serena has withdrawn from in her 11-year career? I say a minimum of 5 per year on average, which would be 55 last-minute pullouts over her career.

Last minute pullouts? :rolleyes:
By the way, Dubai still has such a great field and all you people can do is talk about Serena not being there!! :lol: Serena commands power and attention even in her absence!! :haha:

Langers
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:48 AM

GREAT NEWS! :)

Serena continues to be a joke. :lol:

Cmon Lucie!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:49 AM
So, the main reason for withdrawing, is hunger?

:lol::lol::lol:

freeandlonely
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
At the beginning of 2008
I saw a full Serena's schedule...

vettipooh
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
GREAT NEWS! :)

Serena continues to be a joke. :lol:

Cmon Lucie!

:rolleyes: A joke that's laughing all the way to the banks and the Hall Of Fame!!! :wavey: :lol: I love that kind of joke. Go Rena!!!:bounce: :hearts: Btw where's your fav???:tape:

Dodoboy.
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
OH Serena!...looking at the courts and how they played!...this title was hers for the taking :sobbing: