PDA

View Full Version : Monica on Dancing With the Stars...

NJjeff
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Just announced on ABC that Monica will be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars...

southpaw58
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:35 AM
haha no way! cool. i really like watching that show. hopefully she does good! GO MONICA.

RJWCapriati
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:35 AM
hmmmm I think I'd rather see her playing tennis again

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:37 AM
lol from tennis star to dancing star :hearts:

Cilla
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:38 AM
:rocker2:

brayster87
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for letting us know!

NJjeff
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:44 AM
She's up against Kristi Yamaguchi, Shannon Elizabeth, Pricilla Presley, Adam Corolla, Mario...and some others...

SelesFan70
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Oh, god...now I have to watch! :help:

carling
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM

Ditto! Can't wait to see her!

Justin
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM

Me, too! :tape:

hmmmm I think I'd rather see her playing tennis again

Me, too. :sad:

SelesFan70
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Ditto! Can't wait to see her!

Is that Carling Bassett in your avatar? :eek:

supergrunt
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:17 AM
:haha: Go Monica :yeah: .

Brooklyn90
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I never thought I would watch that show, but I guess I will now :)

JennyS
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Will she grunt when she dances? Hehe. I think I'm actually going to watch. Kristi Yamaguchi is going to be one of the celebs too!

Tennis Fool
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:47 AM

Me too :help: :bolt:

I blame this all on Nastya :fiery:

Just Monica, don't get pregnant :eek: :tape:

Lefty.
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Woah! :eek: :lol: Now i'll probably watch the show. :lol:

LeRoy.
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'll watch too. :bounce:

Mattographer
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Can someone please upload the videos on youtube so we can watch it and see how's good is she :p

darrinbaker00
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I know this show is just mindless entertainment, but Yamaguchi shouldn't be allowed to do it. After all, what is figure skating if not dancing on ice? She probably knows more about choreography than the professional dancers on the show.

CondiLicious
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Monica: "I'm a tennis player. I don't know a tango from a mango."

LOL

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Just announced on ABC that Monica will be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars...

:woohoo: WIN IT ALL MONICA!! :woohoo:

Junex
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I know this show is just mindless entertainment, but Yamaguchi shouldn't be allowed to do it. After all, what is figure skating if not dancing on ice? She probably knows more about choreography than the professional dancers on the show.

Not really...because it's still winning by popularity...............

Jeff
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
A great cast this time around. I'm looking forward to it :)

spiritedenergy
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:53 AM
why the hell is she going to that trash show??? Monica you disappoint me

Cakeisgood
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Doesn't Monica have a foot problem? Anybody besides me think that this show would aggravate that?

Also, not to create any conspiracy theories, but she retires and then it's immediately announced that shes going to be on Dancing with the Stars....curious.....

Karolina_Sprem
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I hope she can do better then Iva Majoli did :-)

saint2
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Why the hell Seles needs participation in that stupid show for mentally retarded masses? Shes out of money, or what...?

sonnys
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Why the hell Seles needs participation in that stupid show for mentally retarded masses? Shes out of money, or what...?

:lol: I dont think, but anyway, whatever you do monica i support you!!:worship:

Beat
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM
:help: that's pitiful.

rolandg
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Maybe because she thinks it will be fun. I'd do Gladiators if I had the chance.

Peterk07
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Mentally retarded masses buy magazines, watch commercials, buy t-shirts, perfumes, etc. I really don't see any difference between participating in a dance-show and appearing at a celebrity party. Both can be mentally retarded but both can be interesting too. It all depends on the person.

Btw, I like that show, and I don't think I'm mentally retarded. Watching shows like that doesn't prohibit you read Garcia Lorca or Imre Kertesz as well. :)

faboozadoo15
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:woohoo: I'm excited to watch (for the first time). I think/hope she'll do well.
She'll look lovely, that's for sure.

mankind
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Does anyone else think this is pathetic? Or does "Dancing With The Stars" have a high status in American society? :scratch:

galadriel
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
That's nice :D

rolandg
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Does anyone else think this is pathetic? Or does "Dancing With The Stars" have a high status in American society? :scratch:

Why is it pathetic? It's a bit of fun. If I could get paid to have fun, i'd jump at the chance.

faboozadoo15
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM

:haha: It's (at several weeks during the year) #1 and #2 in the Nielsen ratings (airs twice each week I think). Overall, the show in it's entirety is top3 I think.

Checked, and damn I was right.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272%7C%7C%7Cseason,00.html

faboozadoo15
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Why is it pathetic? It's a bit of fun. If I could get paid to have fun, i'd jump at the chance.

And I agree with that. It's also a great chance to show off your skills.

It's not the goodbye I wanted, admittedly.

sonnys
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
From a official retirement to dancing with the stars,4 days after.. whats next :lol::lol:

Mon's boy
Feb 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM
awesome! cant wait to watch it! can we vote from australia?

Mattographer
Feb 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
awesome! cant wait to watch it! can we vote from australia?
Nice try but no ;)

Monica just wants to experience and enjoy her life outside tennis. She made decision by herself. She isn't you so, let her have some fun. Back off, guys.

BEST OF LUCK, MONICA!! :kiss:

CondiLicious
Feb 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
From a official retirement to dancing with the stars,4 days after.. whats next :lol::lol:

Rehab. j/k

She just wants to have fun. And she's always liked being a celebrity.

Marcell
Feb 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
monica puts on some dancing shoes, steffi hawks some louis vuitton pumps

February 18, 2008 by Erwin

A tale of two legends: Recent retiree Monica Seles will join Marlee Matlin, Adam Carolla, Priscilla Presley and Kristi Yamaguchi in the latest season of Dancing With the Stars. Wow, that’s a “Who’s Who” if I ever saw one.

The sixth season of DWTS will premiere March 17 on ABC. On joining the show, the 34-year-old Seles says “I’m a tennis player. I don’t know a tango from a mango.”

Seles’ recent return to the limelight is likely a big push to move her away from “tennis star” to “celebrity”. If you remember, she followed an appearance on the CBS Morning Show earlier this week with the announcement of her retirement. And now, the dancing. She’s well on her way, but has to play catch up to her biggest rival on the court…

Steffi Graf’s PR machine continues to churn. Graf will have a guest stint on Oprah’s Big Give, a “pay it forward” reality show produced by Oprah Winfrey. (Remember when hubby Andre Agassi whacked her in the face? They were taping a segment for it.)

And page five of this week’s New York magazine has an ad from Louis Vuitton featuring the Narcisse Pump. The uppers on this two-tone three-inch heel are hand-stitched.
“Walk with me. By Steffi Graf”

I look at my schedule and I just have to laugh. I’d need to be six people to get through it all. It seems I’m still running all over the place - only my footwear has changed.”

That’s deep. Do you think she wrote it herself?

Buy: Narcisse Pump, two-tone hand-stitched calf leather with three-inch heel, $1,120, louisvuitton.com.

(USA Today via Marie; photo from New York)

Cat123
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM
We've got Greg Rusedksi 'Dancing on Ice' in the UK right now. It's marvellously entertaining!!

GO MONICA! :worship:

kiwifan
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM

I guess it must not be a very FUN place you come from...

...since the concept of a silly FUN activity clearly escapes you. :shrug:

tennisfan5
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Well, at least we'll see more of her than we have in the last 5 years. Obviously, her decision to retire was made a couple of months ago, and then the Dancing people contacted her about the show. should be fun--I wonder if she'll be any good? but still so sad that she's no longer playing:sad:

moon
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Love Monica to death, but she's not exactly "light on her feet".
Nevertheless, I will watch, and cheer her on. :)

btw--I agree with whoever said Yamaguchi has a head start. She's already a dancer!

hingis-seles
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm glad to see she's so active and enjoying life for herself. Good on you, Mon. :)

Drake1980
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sweet!!!:D
When does it start? Like September?

Talula
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm glad Monica will be back in the limelight. I hope it gets taped so we non-Americans can see it.

And didn't Iva Majoli appear on the Croatian equivalent?

Talula
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Why on earth shouldn't Monica do this? It's fun, it raises her profile which has been quite low the last few years. it reminds everyone who she is, opens doors to other opportunities, and it will test her out for TV presenting and other TV projects.

Plus what some people forget is that her fans have seen so little of her. I don't expect to see her at Wimbledon anymore so I'm glad I'll see her doing other things.

Monica was always a bit of a glamour puss who loved the stardom at heart. And there's nothing wrong with that. Better than her turning into some boring old frump with nothing but tennis in her life.

bellascarlett
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well I guess this is why she announced her retirement the other day...right before the release of the official lineup for Dancing with the Stars....

But yes, now I will have to watch too...:) Good luck to her! She's the first tennis player right? She better make the tennis world proud! :D

Max565
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I heard this first on PerezHilton.com and he says that he loves her! :lol:

I love it when tennis stars cross over and appear on shows like this :)

saint2
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
:haha: It's (at several weeks during the year) #1 and #2 in the Nielsen ratings (airs twice each week I think). Overall, the show in it's entirety is top3 I think.

Mankind has fallen...

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Awesome! For once I'm gonna take an interest in this show. :D

Admittedly, I have trouble imagining her tearing up the dancefloor. :lol: But I hope more than anything that she can last, I need me some Monica, and I'll take it in any way, shape, or form.

clementine
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
The other celeb dancers:

• Howard Stern free-radio successor (and former Loveline and Man Show host) Adam Carolla
• Former CSI: Miami lab tech Cristián de la Fuente
• American Pie exchange student Shannon Elizabeth
• 1980s box-office force Steve Guttenberg
• R&B singer Mario ("Just a Friend")
• Oscar winner Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God)
• Cape-eschewing magician Penn Jillette
• Tennis legend Monica Seles
• Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor
• Tony winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (Hairspray)
• Olympic figure-skating champ Kristi Yamaguchi

Should be fun. :)

SV_Fan
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
As soon as I heard Monica seles I said to myself "will watch". I've watched it every season but this seasons' cast was boring until I heard Monica Seles.

Destiny
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
:lol:
Hope she can dance our else this is goin to be hilarious
Can't wait to see the show!!!!

Mattographer
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Marlee Matlin! :eek: Wish I can see that here in Australia :lol:

Mattographer
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well I guess this is why she announced her retirement the other day...right before the release of the official lineup for Dancing with the Stars....

But yes, now I will have to watch too...:) Good luck to her! She's the first tennis player right? She better make the tennis world proud! :D
No, Alicia Molik was first to do so in Australian version :p Fellow by Todd Woodbridge (Australian) and Iva Majoli (Croatian version).

darrinbaker00
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Dude, you have "The A-Team" as your avatar. Please shut up.

spiritedenergy
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:29 PM

I do. It's a show made for finished "stars" like one of those spice girls:tape:. Monica shouldn't tarnish her legendary name by participating in it. But it seems Monica always wanted to become an Hollywood star:rolleyes:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Some of you guys are so stupid, it's beyond words. :haha:

How can Monica's image or legacy be tarnished in any way by dancing on a successful TV show? :lol: The worst that will happen is people will find out she can't dance well.

rolandg
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I do. It's a show made for finished "stars" like one of those spice girls:tape:. Monica shouldn't tarnish her legendary name by participating in it. But it seems Monica always wanted to become an Hollywood star:rolleyes:

If she spends the rest of her life trying to preserve her 'legendary name', she's in for a pretty shit and boring life.

calico_101
Feb 19th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I think she may be okay at waltzes and the like but i just can't see her pulling off salsas, rhumbas and pas dobles.....

NeoZod19
Feb 19th, 2008, 11:01 PM
yes and OMG!!!

clementine
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Monica will be a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Friday, March 14.

Show details from TV guide:

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
4:00 PM, 1 hr
Fri 03/14/2008
WNBC 4
Talk/Music
English, 2008
Tom Arnold; Israeli singer Yael Naim; tennis great Monica Seles and her "Dancing With the Stars" partner, Jonathan Roberts; equestrian Stacy Westfall.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Monica will be a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Friday, March 14.

Show details from TV guide:

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
4:00 PM, 1 hr
Fri 03/14/2008
WNBC 4
Talk/Music
English, 2008
Tom Arnold; Israeli singer Yael Naim; tennis great Monica Seles and her "Dancing With the Stars" partner, Jonathan Roberts; equestrian Stacy Westfall.
Yes! :banana: Thanks so much for posting. :D

S_Fahad
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Gosh, Monica's legacy is not going to be tarnished if she dances on this show... She is trying her hands at new things. Even if she fails miserably at dancing, she'll always be a great tennis player. Good luck to her.