PDA

View Full Version : Serena and Maria!

Dodoboy.
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
They made the same amount of money last year??!

$23 million Forbes reports:confused:

how did serena even get close to Maria :hearts:

Destiny
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM
She had alot of free time on her hands ??????????????

serenus_2k8
Feb 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
You act like Ree doesnt deserve to...?

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
serena signed new things i think...little amounts add up...like the proactive...the HP..can't remember anything else

Dodoboy.
Feb 16th, 2008, 12:03 AM
not that Serena doesn't DESERVE it..
just that Maria is significantly more marketable.

Olórin
Feb 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
just that Maria is significantly more marketable.

I never thought so personally. I like Maria...unlike many here. Let's be honest, Maria fit's into a stereotype. Serena is unique...well would be if not for Venus :lol: She's an african-american, tennis-winning, amazonian, goddess, who has more hollywood A-List friends than tennis friends. If she's actually winning and being the dominatrix she was born to be, she's a marketing dream. You can't touch that.

So given her surge up the rankings last year and "return to the top" I'm not surprised to hear she made as much money as Maria...although I don't actually care either way really :lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I agree, kinda. Serena is the kind of woman you have to stop and take a 2nd look at I think? Maria is a fit blonde but theres plenty of them :lol:

I think Ree can strike a better pose too :D

Slutiana
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Not surprised at all. Wonder how much Venus has made.

Dodoboy.
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Venus next year will definitely be on the list!

I would invest my money on Maria's empire:D

Destiny
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I never thought so personally. I like Maria...unlike many here. Let's be honest, Maria fit's into a stereotype. Serena is unique...well would be if not for Venus :lol: She's an african-american, tennis-winning, amazonian, goddess, who has more hollywood A-List friends than tennis friends. If she's actually winning and being the dominatrix she was born to be, she's a marketing dream. You can't touch that.
:lol:
Amen to that
:worship::worship:

Serena'sboo
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Serena~lover View Post
I never thought so personally. I like Maria...unlike many here. Let's be honest, Maria fit's into a stereotype. Serena is unique...well would be if not for Venus She's an african-american, tennis-winning, amazonian, goddess, who has more hollywood A-List friends than tennis friends. If she's actually winning and being the dominatrix she was born to be, she's a marketing dream. You can't touch that.

Preach it baby :lol:

Renalicious
Feb 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Good! :D GO REE.

*W*
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
The Highest-Paid Athletes Under 30
Tom Van Riper, 02.15.08, 6:00 AM ET

Watch out guys. When it comes to making the top money in sports, the latest generational shift has women closing the gap in a big way.

Sure, only five of the 20 highest-paid athletes on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list are female. But none of them have reached their 30th birthday, a sign that the next generation is catching up. Indeed, women now account for half the under-30 list of highest-paid athletes between June 2006 and June 2007.

Top-earning golfers Michelle Wie and Annika Sorenstam made more than any man on the pro tour outside of Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson. Tennis stars Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams out-earned all men not named Roger Federer.
The trend makes sense.

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/02/14/...15athletes.html

The 10 Highest-Paid Athletes Under 30
1. Kimi Raikkonen
Sport: Auto Racing
Pay: $40 million

2. Kobe Bryant
Sport: Basketball
Pay: $33 million

3. Valentino Rossi
Sport: Motorcycle Racing
Pay: $30 million

4. Roger Federer
Sport: Tennis
Pay: $29 million

5. LeBron James
Sport: Basketball
Pay: $27 million

6. Maria Sharapova
Pay: $23 million

7. Serena Williams
Pay: $23 million

8. Michelle Wie
Sport: Golf
Pay: $19 million

9. Annika Sorenstam
Sport: Golf
Pay: $10 million

10. Danika Patrick
Sport: Auto Racing
Pay: $5 million

Destiny
Feb 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Sweet dealings for Serena then:D

Renalicious
Feb 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I didn't know Roger was so low...I thought he'd by #1. Anyway, I hope Serena beats Maria this year. :devil:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM

So given her surge up the rankings last year and "return to the top" I'm not surprised to hear she made as much money as Maria...although I don't actually care either way really :lol:

:worship: i feel like having some church up in here

Dodoboy.
Feb 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Serena 2004 - 2005 AO/Miami is the most marketable i think!...
her body :drool:

slamchamp
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I think it's really cool that there're two wta players among the top ten of ALL petter payed athletes

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM
yes it is...its incredible actually...especially when serena and maria are not far behind roger...and they say women are worse :ras:

Dodoboy.
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
IT REALLY is outstanding for the sport!