PDA

View Full Version : New Serena Blog

daniel122292
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Serena's Better

Hey guys!

I hope everyone out there is doing great! The flu has been going around. It has been completely insane how many of my friends were and are sick. I even have a friend in Germany who has the flu. It makes me wonder "is something being put into the air from pharmaceutical companies that make everyone get sick the same time of year?"

Well as u may have heard I had to have emergency gum surgery. I was super ill for a looooong time. The only good thing is I ended up losing a bit of weight. I am just now getting better. I am just beginning to train and get back in the flow of things. It really sucks that I have to miss a few tourneys, but I have never felt too bad in my life.
I would wake up (actually I could not even sleep the pain was so bad) and just cry because I was in so much pain. Being an athlete I have learned to build up my pain tolerance. And also in the past I have had a knee surgery so I know how some pain feels, but I have never experienced anything like this. It was crazy!! I have never cried for pain. I felt hopeless. My Mom came to the rescue. She was with me every second I needed her. What a great woman.

I am finally feeling better and able to write blogs again. I hope to be in action soon on the tennis courts again. I can't really tell when I will be back but I am just training and playing it by ear. Stay tuned!!!

Serena

Hey guys!

Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day of love for your significant other. But sometimes lots of people give their Moms and sisters Valentine’s Day cards chocolates, and gifts.

I don't celebrate holidays but I can't help but think what cute couples do on Valentine’s Day. Some people get engaged, others get married. At school u can pass out candies (you know the little heart ones with messages on them like "be mine") to someone that u have a crush on.

I would like to hear some of your Valentine’s stories. Here is a funny one my beloved friend Deborah told me. She had 2 Valentine’s Day dates. Her first one started at 7pm with a guy John at the time she was seeing, and he got her some really cutesie things. He got her chocolates and little hello kitty trinkets, just fun stuff. At 9pm she told him she had to go. He was really confused as he later told her he wanted to take her to the beach, and walk and talk and look at the stars. However, dear sweet Debrah had other things in mind. She went to meet the next guy and another dinner. He too got her gifts flowers, the usual, and they had a blast!

Later she told me its tough having 2 valentines dates. If you are going to do that make sure one of them is in the daytime!!! Hahah

Well I hope everyone gets what they want! And I wanna hear some of your stories! Be sure to paste your stories in the forum by clicking HERE.

Love
Serena

serenafan08
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Seriously - want to know what will bring the strongest man in the world to his knees? A toothache. A toothache is the most excruciating thing anybody can go through. I'm glad Serena took the time off to get it fixed. I broke a tooth once and the pain was unbelievable - I couldn't sleep for almost a week!!! It's crazy. But I can't wait to see her back on the courts! :yeah:

frenchie
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Nothing on Dubai or Bangalore:unsure:

See you in Miami Serena:tape::tape:

*W*
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I Love U Serena!

Mikey B
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
'the only good thing is i ended up losing some weight'
is that the right message to be sending out serena?

Destiny
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM
woah woah
serena love to hear from her in any way
She makes me laugh so much:lol:
hope she gets better:)

Dodoboy.
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
lol!!...
Go Rena!!

thanks OP

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
there's a thread about this in her forum :wavey:

slamchamp
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:06 PM
there's a thread about this in her forum :wavey:
so? I'm interested and I'm not a serena fan:p

Denise4925
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Wow, I can totally identify with her story. Anybody ever have dry socket. :eek: OMG!!

The dry socket was painful, but this story I'm about to tell was 10 times the pain of the dry socket. When I was studying for the bar, I was in the library late one night. They didn't allow food in there, but I was starving (missed lunch and dinner), so I had a Baby Ruth in my purse. I took it out and started chowing down and studying. I bit down on a peanut and my filling and tooth cracked. OMG. I filled up on Tylenol that night (nearly overdosing) and went to the dentist the next day. Went to one dentist who tried to pull the tooth, but couldn't because it was too cracked. Had to leave there and go to a surgeon. He cut it out. By the time I got home my gums were alive again and I was crying like a baby. I was in so much pain, my mother started to cry. It took about 15 minutes for the Vicodine to kick in, which seemed like an eternity. So, uhhh yeah Serena, I feel ya. :lol:

Destiny
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
ouch
:lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, toothache is horrific. I think its because the mouth has the most nerve endings than anywhere else in the body and thats why babies always put things in their mouths ;) lol.

So yeah, it sucks - but sounds like shes bouncing back! Woo! :woohoo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 16th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Wow, I can totally identify with her story. Anybody ever have dry socket. :eek: OMG!!

The dry socket was painful, but this story I'm about to tell was 10 times the pain of the dry socket. When I was studying for the bar, I was in the library late one night. They didn't allow food in there, but I was starving (missed lunch and dinner), so I had a Baby Ruth in my purse. I took it out and started chowing down and studying. I bit down on a peanut and my filling and tooth cracked. OMG. I filled up on Tylenol that night (nearly overdosing) and went to the dentist the next day. Went to one dentist who tried to pull the tooth, but couldn't because it was too cracked. Had to leave there and go to a surgeon. He cut it out. By the time I got home my gums were alive again and I was crying like a baby. I was in so much pain, my mother started to cry. It took about 15 minutes for the Vicodine to kick in, which seemed like an eternity. So, uhhh yeah Serena, I feel ya. :lol:

wow denise lol...i feel that pain...honestly...i hate going to the dentist cause then your mouth just....ahhhhh :hysteric:

Brooks.
Feb 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Nothing on Dubai or Bangalore:unsure:

See you in Miami Serena:tape::tape:

i know right :rolleyes:

doesn't sound too promising

looks like my Miami prediction will probably come true