PDA

View Full Version : Ana set to rock in the Gulf! :rocker2:

Dexter
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Doha draw is out tomorrow and Ana will be seeded #1 for the first time in her career. The field is awesome. I can't wait! :drool:

Ajde Ana!!! :worship:

Princeza
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Time to go back to business, ajde!

Ben.
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Good luck Ana :yeah: you can do it :D

Mujo Sandzakovic
Feb 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Ana's Qatar Total Open 2008 cheering thread!

Tier I Tournament
18th -24th February 2008

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4209/qatartotalopen2008ob6.jpg

http://www.qatartennis.org/qto2007/index.html
notice the url has the 2007 date

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9508/qatartennisfederationhg5.jpg

click here for the current weather conditions
http://www.qatartennis.org/

Mujo Sandzakovic
Feb 15th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Good Luck

Mujo Sandzakovic
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Please post LIVE STREAM address

dybbuk
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Seems like a long time since I saw her play. :lol: Ajde Ana!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Never lost a match as 1st seed! Keep that record!

AJDE ANA!!!!!

Šuljo Dalmatinac
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I wish Ana Good Luck

Natalicious
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:50 AM
good luck ana :banana: :rocker2:
i just hope she wont meet tamira in the 2nd round :angel:

Dexter
Feb 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
:help: Ana got worse draw possible. :o
2nd round against either Olga G or Sania... 3rd round against Aga... then Venus... then Maria... then an easy match. :lol::o

Ajde, do your best!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ana in the toughest half :help:
Venus and Maria.

2nd round against Govortsova or Mirza. Then maybe Aga.
It looks really tough for her.

GOOD LUCK, Ana!!

AJDE!!!!

Milito22
Feb 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Adje Anita! :smoke:

daniela86
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Ajde Ana :rocker2: :rocker2: Despite her tough draw,I think she will reach at least the semis :smoke: :rocker: Best of luck :hug:

dulkogii
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Adje anita!

Monirena Wiles
Feb 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm having Ana withdraws. It's nice to have her back on court.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Langers
Feb 17th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Has Doha always been a Tier I tournmanet?

Anyway all the very best Ana! Tought draw but she'll be alright.

dybbuk
Feb 17th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Has Doha always been a Tier I tournmanet?

Anyway all the very best Ana! Tought draw but she'll be alright.

No, this is the first year, it was a Tier II last season.

Ajde Ana. Awful draw. Stupid TTC doesn't start coverage until like the semis I think, so hopefully she beats Venus. :o

The Daviator
Feb 17th, 2008, 02:52 AM
She can definitely make the semis at least, so great to have her back :hearts: Good luck Anci :hug:

~lollipop_girl~
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Ana has it tough and if she is playing at her best she can make at least the semis but I never trust that she will play her best so I'll just wait and see :lol:

I'm hoping she really does herself proud with this draw.

tedlesurfeur
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I wish Ana luck for this tournament, even if I'm not sure being the number one seed will help her..

patthebassist
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
goodluck ana

wish ya best of luck ;)

azdaja
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
first post from my new work :secret:

tough draw for ana :( don't know what to expect, but ajde, win the whole thing :bigclap:

Dexter
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Ana's 1st opponent is Olga Goworcowa. Sania had to retire in the 3rd set after suffering from cramps. Ana plays 1st match on the Centre Court tomorrow. Ajde!!! :yeah:

Dexter
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Correction - 2nd match on CC, but 1st shown on ES. ;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Nice!!!!!!
I'm glad I'm able to record it.
I was really thinking that I needed the Dexter service for the whole week!

AJDE ANA!!!!

tedlesurfeur
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I saw the match between Mirza and Olga Go..stuff. Well, I'm not worried about Ana's match. She will win for sure. Olga has less strength, she's not as fast as Ana, her serve is far poorer and she has no finish shots.. Mirza should have won easily, had she not been injured.

At the same time, it's been a while since Ana last played, we don't know how she'll feel on the court.. :sad:

dybbuk
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Ajde Ana. Olga is awful, so I am not the least bit worried. :lol:

Albop
Feb 20th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Ajde Ana :dance:

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Olga can hit big off both wings, but she's as consistent as Polish football team (ooops, they actually had nice results last year, but football sucks in general :p). I don't think Ana will have many problems with her, but playing first match after a longer break is never easy. She needs to be focused right from the start. Can't wait to see her again! :drool: Ajde!

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Ajde Ana! Show no mercy to Olga:rocker2:

Milito22
Feb 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM
adje Anita! :smoke:

Keaka
Feb 20th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Just playing against Govortsova...

She looks sooo good :inlove: Best on wtatour by miles.

Hopefully she gets this title :rocker2:

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Ana is 3-0 up. The wind is playing a havoc out there. It will be about getting the job done today.
Ana has slightly adjusted her service-motions... looks more stable.

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Ana is 5-2 up. Saved 3 BPs in the last service game. The wind is simply awful, causing lots of problems for both with serving.

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Ana won 1st set 6-3. Nothing impressive today, just getting the job done as I said.

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Ana is 2-0* up in the 2nd set. Came back from 0-40 in the last game with some flashy play. :yeah: Ajde!

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
OMG Ana slipped and hurt her ankle at 63 5-1* up! :scared:

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Looked quite nasty... but seems like she will try to continue after receiving treatment.

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ana won 63 61! Phew! Now get some treatment girl. :hug:

dybbuk
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Doesn't bode well for her this week, but hopefully she is alright. :hug: Great heart, babe.

The Daviator
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Such bad luck, so close to the end :(

So glad she closed it out though :worship: I hope she recovers soon :hug:

tedlesurfeur
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I thought she was going to withdraw .. hopefully she managed to close it.
I love what the french commentator said about Olga's serve for the last points of the match :
"Serving
- a second serve
- hip level
- on the forehand of Ana who..
- .. has nothing to lose now

.. seems not to be the right decision" :lol:

AJDEEE

I hope the injury is not too serious..

Nikkiri
Feb 20th, 2008, 04:01 PM
That was awful :sad: Ana :hug:

Fidello
Feb 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Poor girl

mure
Feb 20th, 2008, 05:52 PM
govortsova must be a witch or sth..about half of her opponents this year had to retire..unbelievable :(

sprained ankle does not sound good..i'd be really surprsised if she'll manage to play tomorrow..should be ok for the next tournament though

rechi
Feb 20th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hey i hope it's not a serious ankle injury. Ana only should play torromow if she's 100% certain that playing a match doesn't make the injury worse. There are many more important tournaments to come and Ana is in good shape, even to win her first GS title this year. So please don't risk a hole season on one match...

Keaka
Feb 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Govortsova was so mad when she saw that Ana will play on :spit: She barely shook hands :lol: That was funny :p

But hopefully Ana will get better ;) I think she will...

Cat123
Feb 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
:awww: I may not be her biggest fan, but I hope she's alright.

If she does pull out then respect. My beloved JJ would play through until her foot falls off :rolleyes: :kiss: :lol:

Keaka
Feb 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
govortsova must be a witch or sth..about half of her opponents this year had to retire..unbelievable :(

sprained ankle does not sound good..i'd be really surprsised if she'll manage to play tomorrow..should be ok for the next tournament though

Actually from what I heard on Eurosport, she won every single match this year on retirement... yep, I checked it, she did win all of her matches with retirement this year. This would be third :rolls:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Hey i hope it's not a serious ankle injury. Ana only should play torromow if she's 100% certain that playing a match doesn't make the injury worse.

And I really think that's the case. That it would hurt her more.
I kinda looked like as Petkovic at Australian Open.

So sad for Ana :sad::sad::sad::sad:
I really hope she will recover soon, but 1 day is really not enough.
It just seems there has to be an injury every year.

tedlesurfeur
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Actually from what I heard on Eurosport, she won every single match this year on retirement... yep, I checked it, she did win all of her matches with retirement this year. This would be third :rolls:

What I don't like about this girl is that she didn't even come to check on Ana when she fell :sad:
Who's that girl ??
I remember Mary Pierce falling badly and Vera Zvonreva coming right away..
I remember Justine withdrawing from the Aus.Open and Mauresmo coming to check on her..
Most of the girls do that..

Olga Govortsova ?? no.. she wouldn't. :mad: I really do not like this attitude. It's not sporty.

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
oh man, thats bad news.:sad: Its just one tourney, hope she and Scott make the wise decision.:sad:

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I understand Olga being pissed at the net. She was mad she couldn't take another match on a retirement, as it seems the only way she can score a win this year. :tape:

Rod the Bama
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM
While i`m glad that Ana won her match today, i`m very worried about her spranged ankle. :sad: She obviously was in some pain from the pictures i`ve just seen. Hopefully she`ll get some good treatment for it. Of course i wouldn`t have a problem if she withdrew from the tournament. This type of injury obviously is the type that tends to linger for a bit.

The Daviator
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think she should at least go out on court, Aga could be awful :lol: But if it's bothering after a few games then of course she should retire :sad: This has really annoyed me :(

Dexter
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ana plays first on the CC at 13.30 CET. (15.30 local time). I hope she plays only if she's fit. I'll miss the match anyway. :(
Ajde!!! :hug:

dybbuk
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Ajde Anci. :hug: Awful luck. She had an amazing chance to pick up a lot of points from here until Berlin too. :o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I would hate it if Ana withdraws, but then it's of course the best decision.
At Wimbledon she continued with leads to some withdraws of tournaments.

15:30 local time isn't that bad. I'm glad that won't start as early as in europe.

I don't like it when Ana lose, but this is even worse.
I'm fooling myself if I say that she will play tomorrow.

Cp6uja
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
I dont want to see her tommorow! Even to play Dubai next week is already big risk if you ask me... She must be extreme careful to escape bigger problems with injuries.

She handled her health problems so far way better than other youngsters like Vaidisova, Golovin, Sharapova... and i expect of Ana and her team to continue with that.

:sad:

Reese_x
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:23 AM
no matter wat happens ana will make the right decision.. she does have radwanska next and shes not a player u want to mess with if you're injured...

Dexter
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:13 AM
no matter wat happens ana will make the right decision.. she does have radwanska next and shes not a player u want to mess with if you're injured...Exactly. :o She makes all the big girls run for their money, and Ana being hurt will motivate her to execute this plan even more.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:33 AM
I dont want to see her tommorow! Even to play Dubai next week is already big risk if you ask me... She must be extreme careful to escape bigger problems with injuries.

I should agree with you. I was already thinking that Dubai could be in doubt as well.
But I just don't want her to withdraw :sad:

Ben.
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:44 AM
I think its best if she withdrew if her ankle got any worse, being healthy for a number of tournaments is better than just playing injured in one event. but whatever happens to ana i'm sure she will be okay.

patthebassist
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:48 AM
I should agree with you. I was already thinking that Dubai could be in doubt as well.
But I just don't want her to withdraw :sad:

i agree with u :D

i dont want her to withdraw but i also dont want her to get any more injured

so wteva she decides ;);)

tedlesurfeur
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hey huys, here's a positive thought :
Even if she's injured right now..
Even if she can't defend her points for the clay court season...
Even if she gets out of the top 5...

IT IS ONLY a matter of time before she finishes n°1 and wins a Grand Slam !! If it's not in 2008, it'll be in 2009.. ^^
I don't care about her ranking anymore, because I know her abilities, her possibilities.. it WILL happen.. :bounce:

so it's ok if she wihthdraws..

Cat123
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiWniU7NeM

Any news on whether she'll play later?

~lollipop_girl~
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:06 AM
What I don't like about this girl is that she didn't even come to check on Ana when she fell :sad:
Who's that girl ??
I remember Mary Pierce falling badly and Vera Zvonreva coming right away..
I remember Justine withdrawing from the Aus.Open and Mauresmo coming to check on her..
Most of the girls do that..

Olga Govortsova ?? no.. she wouldn't. :mad: I really do not like this attitude. It's not sporty.

She has been taking lessons from Masha with Tati's ankle ;) I can say that being a Maria fan, none of the rest of you can :armed: :p

I didn't see her fall but judging by my own ankles she could be fine to play today... It might not have been as bad as it looks and I have no doubt she was in a lot of pain then but if her ankles are use to this, it may have bounced back pretty damn fast... if she plays with now strapping/braces i will be majorly pissed though! :mad:

My two top girls injuried/sick already :sad:

Dexter
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Right decision. It's not a GS... no need to risk a SERIOUS injury, that would take her out of the tour for longer.
Get well soon Anci. :hug:

The Daviator
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM

She made the right decision since she couldn't walk when she woke up :lol: But this shouldn't have even happened :(

I guess we'll see her again in IW.

Cat123
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
It's a shame, but it's better she doesn't play. Am I right in thinking she'll only lose #2 if JJ makes the final? (now that Sveta's out too)

She has been taking lessons from Masha with Tati's ankle ;) I can say that being a Maria fan, none of the rest of you can :armed: :p

:hug: :awww: I actually thought Maria was quite sporting then. They'd been playing a phenomenal match, it's was devestating. Maria was sweet at the net. :angel:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
:rain:

Dexter
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
It's a shame, but it's better she doesn't play. Am I right in thinking she'll only lose #2 if JJ makes the final? (now that Sveta's out too)Yes, you are. ;)

Milito22
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Anita :hug:

azdaja
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
frustrating to see her injured again :sad: but it's a good decision. i hope she will recover soon. i hope she will be able to play in indian wells and miami, if not dubai.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Still dissapointed, but I know it's just the best to not play.
She has almost a week now before she has to play in Dubai.
I have hope, but I also doubt that she will play there.

So sad for her.

Rod the Bama
Feb 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I also think that Ana did the right thing in withdrawing. While i hate it for the fans over in Doha, i think it`s better for her in the long term. So hopefully she`ll get plenty of rest and come back strong either in Dubai or Indian Wells.

Langers
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Still dissapointed, but I know it's just the best to not play.
She has almost a week now before she has to play in Dubai.
I have hope, but I also doubt that she will play there.

So sad for her.
Yeah unfortunately you would have to think she'll be up against it to play in Dubai.

Ankle injuries are potentially very bad, lets hope it's not too bad and she's not out for too long. It would be such a shame if she has to miss an extended period of time.

rechi
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
I hope Ana takes the rest she needs. An ankle injury is usually bad and takes some time to heal. I don't expect her to play in Dubai and i'm concerned about if she's ready to play in Indian Wells. Hopefully she gets the best treatment and comes back soon....

dybbuk
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Well.... she's stays No.2 for another week. Some positive news at least. ;)

Dexter
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I think we won't find out if Ana plays in Dubai or not until around Tuesday. :unsure:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Assuming she does pull out, you guys think she would add another tourney to April? Maybe Amelia Island or Charleston?:shrug:

Dexter
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I hope not, green clay sucks. I'd prefer her to got to Spain again and train before the redclay season.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Assuming she does pull out, you guys think she would add another tourney to April? Maybe Amelia Island or Charleston?:shrug:

I don't think that will change. It's different than last year (LA).

Ana just wants to play in Dubai. So she probably will wait till the last moment to decide if she really must withdraw.
I would say now it's 40-60.

Dexter
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
According to Ana's wesbite - she's been drawn against Nicole or Q in the 2nd round, Lena/Patty in the QF, Justine in the SF. I just hope she plays. :awww:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
:eek:, :D, and :bounce: @ the draw. Ajde.. Ana???:sad:

dybbuk
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
To think there were some people complaining that Ana always gets easy draws. :spit:

The Daviator
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Ana is the first night match tomorrow, hope she's fit, good luck :hug:

Dexter
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Ana is the first night match tomorrow, hope she's fit, good luck :hug:Second. ;)
Good luck Ana. Do your best! :hug: Ajde!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Now I guess that Ana plays. At least she already made a decision.
If she's not ready today then she won't be ready tomorrow.

So I'll say she will play. Of course she can't be 100%.

AJDE ANA :hug:

Langers
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:26 AM
To think there were some people complaining that Ana always gets easy draws. :spit:
Yep. :rolleyes: What an easy draw she has once again! :o

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Justine's match went on too long and ES is not showing Ana's match. :mad:

Ana down a break already. :o But she just got a break back. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ana broke to love for *3-2. :woohoo: Ajde!

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Ana's wearing pink, nice to see her out of the blue finally. :p

Not good serving so far. She'll need to improve it if she wants to win, Nicole's serve is too solid for Ana to be double faulting all day.

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Drop-shot off a serve, then running forehand passing shot winner. :spit: :drool:

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ana got broken, but broke back! :worship: *4-3. Hold on please. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Where are you watching it Alex? :hysteric:

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM
http://www.coolstreaming.us/channel/22001/Dubai_sports__.html

Awful quality, but it's good enough to see how points go. :p

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Love game. F*ck yeah! :drool: :rocker2: 5-3*. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Alex. :worship: Somehow it's working for me. Serve this set out, Ana. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Ana wins 1st set 6-4. :banana: Keep it going, ajde!!!

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
6-4 *1-0

Breaks to start the set. :worship:

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
DF. Ana breaks for *1-0. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM
*just like at Wimbledon* (for Nicole) :scared:

*jinx*

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:09 PM
6-4 2-0*

This has been a very quiet affair. :lol: No shoe squeaking, no "Come ons". I like it. The haters will have field day trying to find something to complain about though. :tape:

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Ana is *3-0 up now. Just consolidate please. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Great serving again. Ana holds for 4-0*. :D Go for a bagel-set dare-I-say, ajde!!!

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
6-4 4-0*

Ok, Ana is generally a healthy girl and I don't worry about her getting injured. The running is scaring me a lot tonight though. :o

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
*5-0, serving for the bagel :drool:

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ana saved 2 GPs - one with amazing BH return winner. Breaks for *5-0. Serve it out. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Ana wins 64 60! :bounce:

dybbuk
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Domination :woohoo:

Dexter
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
What you said Ana - time for revenge! :rocker2: Ajde!!!

Rod the Bama
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM
What a great win for Ana. :clap2: She played much better than expected. I didn`t expect her to win so handlely. This is a great start for her in Dubai. :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
AWESOME!!!
I'm so glad the girl is back.
I couldn't watch it but I love the score!

AJDE!!!!

Milito22
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:26 PM
:sobbing: great work Anita! :kiss::worship:

The Daviator
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ana :hearts: Simply amazing considering the injury :worship: Good luck next round :D

Langers
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Wow! :eek:

That is one comprehensive victory! Totally exceeded my expectations.

Dropping only 4 games to a top player, when in doubt to play? Awesome.

rechi
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Wow!:eek:

That's pretty impressive. I didn't expect that kind of comeback. Ana's staff did a really great job, to make her fit for Dubai.

Good luck fo the next round!

rasko
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Very impressive win over tough rival. :bounce:

I didn't expect her to come back so fast.

I believe this is going to be Ana's year. Only Sharapova can stop her. (I am not writing off Henin, but this year so far she isn't as good as she used to be.)

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Justine is out. :unsure: Ana is about to start her match against Lena... Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Oh damit Eva Asderaki is umpring... I can't stand her. She almost screwed Ana in the Montreal QF when she played against Kata. :o

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Easy hold to get it underway. 2 nice FH winners. :yeah:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
1 all. 2 chances wasted for an early break. :( Hold on, Ana. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Ana holds for 2-1* saving 2 BPs. :yeah: Lena keeps on hitting to Ana's BH as expected and it often would break down. Break her now, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Ana breaks for *3-1. Juicy return winners! :drool: Hold on, Ana. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ana broken on a huge DF. :o Entertaining game though, she saved 3rd BP with an amazing FH pass DTL. Break back, ajde!!!

theDreamer
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
do you know of any livestream?

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
do you know of any livestream?

www.tennisform.com, click on the Dubai livestream link. :)

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
3 games all... too many errors from Ana. Focus and hold! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
3-4*... from 3-1* 30-0 and GP... Ugh. :help:

theDreamer
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
www.tennisform.com, click on the Dubai livestream link. :)

thank you sooo much. :)

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Breaks back with ease.... thanks to 2 DFs. :tape: Hold here please. Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:43 PM
YES!!! Ana holds for 5-4*. :banana: What a fab FH CC pass of a smash to get a GP. :drool: Break for the set now, ajde!!!

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Break now. :cool:

The livestream annoys me so. Much better picture than the one yesterday, but it's always stopping and starting. This usually happens when the point starts too, so I am listening to their grunts while staring at a picture of the server going up for their serve. :o

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
5 games all. Ana thought she got a SP after a FH DTL that was just long and started celebrating. :tape: Hold here please! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Good serving - Ana holds for 6-5*. :yeah: Break for the set this time, ajde!!!

theDreamer
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Break now. :cool:

The livestream annoys me so. Much better picture than the one yesterday, but it's always stopping and starting. This usually happens when the point starts too, so I am listening to their grunts while staring at a picture of the server going up for their serve. :o

Yeah its quite annoying.
but I suppose its better than nothing.

cocco80
Thanks for doing this, Dexter.

keep it up..

Dexter
Break to love. Ana wins 1st set 7-5. :banana: Straight sets win please, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for doing this, Dexter.

keep it up..No problemos. :)

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Ajde Ana :banana:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Another game with a couple of twists and turns... 2 horrible FH errors to go down 0-30, then 3 genius pts... then errors, BP saved and finally she holds for 1-0*. Break her now, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM
1 game all. Ana wasted a BP with a FH error. Hold here please! Ajde!!!

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ana has been so bad with her challenges. :spit:

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Ana, just hold on...
pls ...don't let this go into 3rd...pls!!!

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Ana has been so bad with her challenges. :spit:

I hate when she starts wasting challenges so early in a set..Not so wise..

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Ana holds for 2-1*... usual drama on her service game... most of the games have to go over deuce. :tape: Please break her now, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Ana has been so bad with her challenges. :spit:I know! :haha: I have a theory she wants to use them all up to have a free mind. Surely she knew the last one was wrong... it was so bad. :tape:

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I've just switched tv on..
I'm so nervous..

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
No...
what a wasted opportunity..

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
2 games all. Some nice pts, but agains lack of focus at times. Hold here please! Ajde!!!

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:23 PM
OMG...
Nooooo

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Dreadful game... 2 DFs in a row. Ana broken - 2-3*. Damn.

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM
4 UEs in a row. :tape: Ana took a picnic break in the middle of the set... why not when the match is over? :o Must hold here! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
OMG 4 lets on service in a row. :spit:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Again 2 DFs in a row. Lena breaks for *5-2. Sigh, no straight sets win, I guess. :(

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Ana somehow breaks back for *3-5. Please hold here, will you? Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Broken to love to lose 2nd set. :o Regroup Ana, regroup! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Spectacular game by Ana as she breaks to love for *1-0. :worship: 2 great stop-volleys, one more putaway at the net and thunderous return! Hold on please! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Broken back easily. :o 1 all. :smash:

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Noooo

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Horrible stuff from Ana... down *1-2. Please don't get broken for the 5th time in a row! :o Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ana holds with a stunning BH CC winner for 2-2*. :banana: Feels like a break! :lol: Break her now, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Ana takes 3rd BP to go *3-2 up! :banana: Consolidate please! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:08 PM
15-0 and 4 UEs in a row. :help: GOD!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Ana *3-4 down... boy, this is so intense. Please, please, please don't get broken here, Ana! Ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
2 BPs saved, but FH long on the 3rd... Lena serving for the match at *5-3. :sad:

cocco80
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
so sad...so so sad..

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM
2 MPs saved... can she do it again? :unsure:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:22 PM
3rd MP saved... Ajde Ana, ajde!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Huge hitting... 4th MP saved. :rolls:
Get a BP please!!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
BP #1. Don't waste it!!!!

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Argh FH long. Deuce.

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
5th MP saved. :bowdown:
2 more pts, Ana!!!! :kiss:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
6th MP taken... Ana is wrong on the challenge. :awww:
Lena was too good... Pity, Ana. :hug:

azdaja
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:32 PM
:sobbing:

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Dementards made more pissed than the loss itself. Seriously what's so funny picking up on everything left & right. Lena won, fine... it's not enough?

azdaja
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Dementards made more pissed than the loss itself. Seriously what's so funny picking up on everything left & right. Lena won, fine... it's not enough?
who cares what fans of other players think :shrug: seriously, i'm glad that my addiction to wtaworld isn't as strong as it used to be :o

Dexter
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:05 PM
It's just annoying. But you're right.... good reason at least to not go over to GM.

elise1986
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
aww, sad that she lost :hug:

next time she'll wipe elena off the court ;)

Milito22
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
:sobbing:

:hug: :sobbing:

rechi
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hmmm? That's a pretty surprising loss...

dybbuk
Feb 29th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Sad, because she had chances, but not surprising at all IMO. Dementieva is a bad-matchup for Ana, and always will be. Good chance to pick up even more points in IW & Miami now.

The Daviator
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
GM :help: Such a stupid OTT reaction, and I like Elena, Ana :sad: Good fight, hopefully she'll have a better run of luck in the US double compared to the Middle East double :o

Langers
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:20 AM
How could she lose to Dementieva? :o

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Both results are news to me, so pardon the late reaction for her even playing:banana::banana:, and one more for the bagel against Vaidisova:banana:
Ana doesnt lose in 3 sets very often, especially when winning 1st set. Elena's that kinda player. Bet it was a good fight. Glad Ana's ankle is good to go.:)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
What a day yesterday.
I had to work till 6 and after that I had an important chess match.
Between that I had time to record Ana's match.

I came home at 1 AM. I lost my match and haven't played a good game for some time.
I lost and our team lost. Gladly I still have Ana to make the day.
Around 3:40 AM I finished watching her match which ended in a loss.

Lately I'm pretty calm watching Ana's matches, but not in this one.
I'm so dissapointed with the loss. And just angry that she lost.
I can't stand it at all!
Ana looked great at the start and both had a high level. After that you saw more and more errors.

I'm glad with Ana's shape. She moved really well in the match and played aggressive as she can. The bad side is that she made way too many errors. The serve wasn't there as well. First serve % wasn't bad, but she hit nothing with her serve. Only a few serve winners and no aces. With a better serve she really could win the match.
Forehand and backhand looked solid. Some great winners and it feels so goes to the right level.
Really frustrating that Dementieva had so much back. You really saw Ana was annoyed by that.
Lena looked like a machine at some times, but Ana had the match.
I guess it's the first time that Ana wasted a break lead in a 3rd set.
If she made it 4-2 then the match was really hers.

I'm still mad all day and dissapointed.
I'm not dissapointed in Ana, just in the result. She gave everything but it wasn't enough. I just hate this loss.

As last I want to say: Ana is just BRILLIANT at the net. Some volleys were just totally awesome. I hope she can use it more often. She's getting better and better.

I can't wait for Indian Wells.
Berlin is getting near as well!

AJDE ANA!!!