PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Borwell new blog :) (post 13)

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
http://www.lusciousmontenegro.com/sarahmore.php?id=44

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Sarah seems like such a nice girl - hopefully all her injuries will be sorted for the new season :)

Drake1980
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Love her!!!! Was great watching her in Quebec City in 2005!

Petkorazzi
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Cool Entry. :) Best of luck to her this year. :wavey:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I love them both! I am sure Rennae welcomed her with open legs..i mean arms ( ok, it was a low brow joke ..but i could not resist:p). :angel:

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I love them both! I am sure Rennae welcomed her with open legs..i mean arms ( ok, it was a low brow joke ..but i could not resist:p). :angel:

:p

I had to include the Rennae bit to get people who dont normally come to her posts to look.

by the way everyone, if you see her, tell her that you read the blogs. :)

Wiggly
Feb 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
When her book is coming out? :D

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM
When her book is coming out? :D

I think she is joking but who knows. I will ask her on gbtennisgirls

Europe rocks
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Nice to hear from Sarah again. Totally agree with the last paragraph

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Here are some pics of Sarah if anyone hasnt seen her before :wavey:

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4810367

http://dhbvg87.sakura.ne.jp/Gallery/photo241/050501-1084.jpg

http://www.wta96.com/wiki/images/3/37/Sarah_BORWELL_6936.JPG

MLF
Feb 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Sarah seems pretty nice, but she chould be ranked much higher. Her serve is better than the majority of the top 100, her forehand is pretty big too on it's day. A pisspoor backhand, dodgy movement and lack of belief have been really detrimental to her. If she could sort out her footwork then she could avoid having to hit so many backhands.

scottsue
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM

That is funny! I agree though! If Sarah was my daughter I would not like to hear that she was playing with Stubbs!

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
New blog up :)

http://www.lusciousmontenegro.com/sarahmore.php?id=45

paul_masterton
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Here's another one from Italy- where she won the doubles

http://www.lusciousmontenegro.com/sarahmore.php?id=46

Kai
Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
great to read :D

Monica_Rules
Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Great read.

spiceboy
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Sarah :worship: as always

tiptop
Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
It's a shame this has been moved from gm over here. So much shit on gm and then they move this great blog from Sarah over here where hardly anyone will read it. Probably the tard wars of some teenagers are more important for this board then a very nice player writing about the pro tour.

Thanks anyways, great read as always. :)

Mforensic
Mar 12th, 2008, 06:45 PM
It's sad that sarah is back on the 10K circuit. I hope she can get back inside the top 200

Mforensic
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Sarah lost in the final at the 10K Dijon France

spiceboy
Apr 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM
News from Sarah :bounce:

http://www.lusciousmontenegro.com/sarahmore.php?id=47

Brief Catch Up
2008-04-11

Brief catch up!

It’s been a while for a number of reasons, one being the book! I have a lot to say, as a lot has happened, but I’ll try to be conciseJ It will therefore only be a small novel and not the usual Lord of the Rings trilogy!
Belarus, did I want to go? About as much as Chelsea winning the league, not much! However, due to the strength of tournaments, I finally made it into a main draw and felt I should probably make the effort. Wrong decision from the start, but you live and learn. Due to the lack of cheap, package holiday flights going to Minsk, don’t think tourism is high there, my flight ended up being about $500! I first flew from Newcastle with Easy jet and had hoped the 2 hours I gave myself in Prague, would be enough. Sometimes I’m too trusting for my own good, because who in their right mind would think Easy jet would be on time. With the front door almost falling off, we were delayed by 2 hours, which caused me to miss the Czech Airlines flight and resulted in me having to stay in Prague from the Saturday night till the Monday morning. The preparation for the fastest courts in the land wasn’t going to be the greatest and after asking for a Wednesday start, but playing first match on Tuesday, I was a little frazzled. After an hour hit, on courts faster than Italy, I had pretty much worked out how not to hit the ball three feet behind me. The match wasn’t too impressive and I had a tough time against Bractikova, who served and returned well. Next stop, booking another flight to France for the money tournament I had entered.
After scouring the web with Anna Smith for 4 hours and intermittently shouting out obscenities at the screen, I found a flight leaving Prague on the Friday and arriving in Geneva at 11.30pm. From there I would spend the night and then get on a 3-hour train to Grenoble. I’d never played money tournaments in France before, but had heard great things from a number of players. For my short stay, I was treated like royalty. I was picked up from the train station, taken to my free hotel, given free food and all I had to do was play a quarter final match on the Saturday and then hopefully a semi and final on the Sunday. I chose to play the tournament because I was in desperate need of matches. The money tournament met my needs, playing many matches, with enough pressure to make me focus and tough enough to make me have to work. After playing the tournament, something that happens each week in France, you become aware of why France has so many players in the Top 100. Here I played three girls, who weren’t ranked, but were very good opposition. The girl I beat in the final, doesn’t play any professional tournaments, mainly because she can’t afford it and probably doesn’t see the point when she can play three matches and sometimes take home 2000 Euros! I got a lot out of it and went to the $10 000 in Dijon with renewed confidence and an understanding of how I want to play.
The tournament in France was brilliant for a number of reasons. I played some great matches, against some of the top juniors from different countries and I played in the way that I wanted too. Each match I thoroughly enjoyed. If it wasn’t for the minus 10 temperatures, forcing me to wear leggings, a skirt, 3 t-shirts and a body warmer, resulting in a tramp/bag woman kinda look, I would have probably enjoyed them even more. I was close to putting my woolly hat on, but probably a bit much. The tournament was brilliantly set up and treated us very well. I know I always moan about not having people watching, but this week was wonderful for a player who thrives off peoples support. The final had everything a big tournament would, a crowd, music playing, people cheering and some top class lines people. I lost in the final, but played well and in the only way I should play. Playing in front of such a great crowd, makes me realize why I love this sport. I just wish I could have time to enjoy it, but after a quick 1664 beer with the chef and the waiter, I rush to the station to board the Paris train, to then race across Paris on the tube for a night at the airport, before heading to Bath. It’s times like these when tennis is difficult. I had such a great week and played well and you just want time to sit and enjoy it, but instead you are scrambling across Paris, with 3 heavy bags, your legs are tired, your hungry and your beginning to long for your bed, as you count the tube stops down, on the urine smelling train.
Up early the next morning for my flight to Bristol and struggling to navigate my way around Charles De Gaulle airport, talk about lack of signposts! I make it on the flight with a little sweet talking, ahh who am I kidding, pushing in and ignoring the moans from the back. Well I was going to miss my flight and I didn’t want to annoy the Welsh Rarebit picking me up at the other end. Bath again was another great week, more matches, and a step up again with my singles. I served great this week and attacked at the right times, not over pressing as I did occasionally in the final the week before. My match against Guisard was probably the best I have played for a while. She played amazing and if it wasn’t for some big serving at critical points, I could have quite easily lost. The final was amazingly unspectacular and a complete none event! It was Easter Sunday, with no one else playing and the people watching obviously hadn’t been briefed on the art of clapping. Yes, the tennis wasn’t great, very hit and miss, but it’s difficult to motivate yourself when you feel as though you’re playing in a library and have to be very quiet. I struggled to find any rhythm, but thankfully, due to the amount of matches I had played in such a short time, 18 I think, I was playing the big points well. After a quick turn around, I hopped in Phil the Referees car to make yet another scramble to an airport to meet the Welsh rarebit and Robin. I say airport, but the lounge resembled a doctors waiting area, which was highly amusing and also very frightening. We were flying out of Gloucestershire on MANCS air, yes, I had never heard of it either and I had trained next to the airport everyday for a year. Not the greatest flier in the world, I was pretty scared as we boarded the tiny plane, hunched over so that we didn’t bang our heads on the roof and greeted by the pilot who shouted back to buckle up and enjoy the flight!
We made it to Jersey, thankfully. Picked up our rental car and headed to the apartment, which we had managed to find for five of us. We always seem to find the good deals and staying in an apartment with your friends, certainly makes life a lot more enjoyable. My singles in Jersey was very good and if it wasn’t for my own lack of self-belief, I would have won the match. I started slowly, thinking that Ana would hit me off the court, as she tends to do in practice and I gave her a little too much respect. I need to start believing I can win these tournaments and I did, but it wasn’t until too late. I played great from 4-3 down in the second, some brilliant, attacking tennis and I should have pushed on from there. With one loss of concentration and a few tired shots, the match was gone and my chance of pushing through a relatively open draw.
Off to Hamburg now, no rest for the wicked or rather the lowly ranked tennis player!

Slutiana
Apr 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Great blog. :worship:

Much more entertaining than the Top players blogging. I think the ITF should get some kind of blogging system for the lower players.

JAMESYBABY!
Apr 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
awww thts a good read :D,,, made he chukkle:lol:

sarah :yeah:

Petkorazzi
Apr 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
:worship:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 13th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I love sarah's blogs so much :haha:

davidmario
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:14 PM
is there more of it?

Embittered
Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
is there more of it?
You could try "Double Take" at http://lta.org.uk/News/Tales-from-the-Tour/, though the last of those may have been written.