PDA

View Full Version : Anna Chakvetadze attitude

AaronJoyB
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I can't understand her behaviour on court and her way ala Fed Cup to act
what do u think?

Sefo
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I think it's her new way to pump herself up, and it works. Better than crying. Zvonareva changed her attitude, it's time for Anna to do it.

saint2
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I can't understand her behaviour on court and her way ala Fed Cup to act
what do u think?

I cant understand why people start theards like that. What do U think?

goldenlox
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
There's a lot gamesmanship now.
Djokovic takes 5 minutes bouncing the ball before he serves.
Nadal takes forever.

They're going to have to start enforcing time rules.

dya74
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I thimk she's fine.

Slutati
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
she does it because it's FIERCE

doujyr
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
i thought it was excellent giving the barbaric israeli crowd back some of their bad behaviour. not sure if it's ok out of that context.

Sefo
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Ivanovic is 100% more annoying doing it.

Sefo
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Anna beat 3 french woman this week, so it may be some adversity between her and the parisian public.

fleemkeģ
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Her reactions during the Fed Cup are ok, imo. You play for your country, in a team and that's just the atmosphere there ... Her behaviour during the final in Paris was horrible! She wil get the crowds against her soon .. maybe Antwerp will do it already. Belgian public doesn't like it most of the time ;)

Sefo
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Her reactions during the Fed Cup are ok, imo. You play for your country, in a team and that's just the atmosphere there ... Her behaviour during the final in Paris was horrible! She wil get the crowds against her soon .. maybe Antwerp will do it already. Belgian public doesn't like it most of the time ;)

But you could see the crowd was a FedCup crowd already, cheering for Agnes in the first place. I think Anna did OK.

Wayn77
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Anna is quite a tough little cookie.
I think she thrives on a bit of "banter" with the crowd, she gets on a roll and gets pumped up with it.

Anna raised her level in the third set, looked like a quality top 10'ner. Her problem is ..... consistency.

itzhak
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Anna was playing in fed cup and then in Paris against 3 popular french players in one of the loudest crowds. If she would do to the French crowd the same gestures that she did in the fed cup, it could be very very ugly.

I will not go back to the Issue of the fed cup last weekend, I will just say again: Chaki is very very very very popular in Israel, before the fed cup and much more after last weekend.

Peterk07
Feb 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I like her attitude. It doesn't target the opponent (I don't think it affected Agnes in any way). She just pumps herself up. I think it's actually sexy. :)

bellascarlett
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think it's her new way to pump herself up, and it works. Better than crying. Zvonareva changed her attitude, it's time for Anna to do it.

:lol: True. How times have changed, huh? This tough girl act seems pretty new though as I was there when she played Maria in HK...and gosh, she was quiet as a mouse...miserable and depressed-looking. But then again, she has a habit of doing that against Maria. I guess she's carried her Fed Cup Chak-attack self over to Paris. It would be funny to see her doing this for her next tournaments. She's hilarious when on Chak-attack mode. :lol:

tenn_ace
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
at least she doesn't swear at her opponents openly. like some other players do.

Wintermute
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:09 PM
This tough girl act seems pretty new though as I was there when she played Maria in HK...and gosh, she was quiet as a mouse...miserable and depressed-looking.

On Eurosport earlier Jo Durie said she spoke to Anna's father at the Aussie Open. He told her that Anna had been terribly upset by the burglary incident during the off-season and had been unable to practice properly. It is no surprise she was not at her best in HK.

I don't think her attitude is a new one at all and I didn't see her do anything out of order in Paris today.

jamatthews
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
It doesn't target the opponent (I don't think it affected Agnes in any way).

I thought Agnes was imitating Anna after the long break point in the 3rd set. :lol:

I love Psycho Anna and it's not the end of the world if the crowds go against her. She'll just have to decide if she wants to be a popular player or a champion, because this seems to be working for her so far.

Wayn77
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
:lol: True. How times have changed, huh? This tough girl act seems pretty new though as I was there when she played Maria in HK...and gosh, she was quiet as a mouse...miserable and depressed-looking. But then again, she has a habit of doing that against Maria. I guess she's carried her Fed Cup Chak-attack self over to Paris. It would be funny to see her doing this for her next tournaments. She's hilarious when on Chak-attack mode. :lol:

Rather like ElenaD at the AO. Maria does have a way of "grinding" some of her more vulnerable opponents into submission. ;)

I agree about Chak-Attack mode. Remember seeing it for the first time against Sania in some final last year. Chaky fist-pumpin and bad-mouthin the boisterous Mirza supporters - it was hysterical :lol:

bellascarlett
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM
On Eurosport earlier Jo Durie said she spoke to Anna's father at the Aussie Open. He told her that Anna had been terribly upset by the burglary incident during the off-season and had been unable to practice properly. It is no surprise she was not at her best in HK.

I don't think her attitude is a new one at all and I didn't see her do anything out of order in Paris today.

It wasn't that she wasn't at her best in HK. But she looked uninterested, sad, and just weird. I guess you could put it down on the burglary. That was really unfortunate. But I dunno I guess becuase I'm not an avid fan, but I've never seen her so invested in pumping herself up before like she was at the Fed Cup and like in Paris as some people have said (didn't watch the match...no coverage :o )

FrenchY52
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
She did this like twice in the 3rd set and she wasn't even looking at the opponent.. It's a positive attitude I think

Maria Croft
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
This pumping up seems to be new to me as well, it looks a little forced actually, but if it helps her it's all good, just as long as it's to pump herself up and not to annoy her opponents, but I don't think she would do something like that anyway.

pav
Feb 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
The last match i had the chance to watch was v Maria K. at Aus. and I was a little dissapointed that Anna wasn't pumping her cute self up more there,but she seems to have made up for it since :)

Sund7101
Feb 10th, 2008, 06:59 PM
As long as her attitude is positive I'm fine with it.

Lucyxx
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Seriously, the girl just went through a life changing event in the off season. Any sort of thread about her attitude is inhumane.

justine schnyder
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I nthink it's fine as long she doesn't do it every minute...
Anna ;)

Ingokoer
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Fist pumps are nothing negative, but what I don't like about Anna is her childish attitude, when she is losing some points in a row she looks like nearly crying and blaming the whole world for losing the point. The thing is when you do it too often, you lose concentration, so theres no need for her to do it.

Look at Agnes she is young as well, but quite grown up in her behaviour on court. She looks very relaxed, smiles a lot, even sometimes after losing a point.

ninanina19
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Who cares? It's obviously working for her. 7-7 in finals Anna!!!

partbrit
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Why she did that at Fed Cup should be obvious--she was sticking her tongue out at the extraordinarily rude Israeli crowd. I loved it.

Chakvetadze's intensity is one of my favorite things about her.

gorecki
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:37 PM

This tough girl act seems pretty new though as I was there when she played Maria in HK...and gosh, she was quiet as a mouse...miserable and depressed-looking.

:hug:
i'd wish she brought her Chak-attack to Singapore too but my friends and i empathised that her family had a traumatic experience a week or so before playing here...

think it's fine since she's pumping herself up and not putting off her opponent and as long as it's not after every single point. ;) hope her form continues to improve through this season. :)

wtatennisballer
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:44 PM
She needs to work on her sportsmanship and maturity. Making fun of Tzipi Obziler at the Fed Cup reception in Israel two weeks ago is just poor class. The pictures don't lie. Still , she's a good player and really cute. :devil:

wtatennisballer
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Who cares? It's obviously working for her. 7-7 in finals Anna!!!
That's a record to be proud of :rolleyes:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:01 AM
That's a record to be proud of :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
Obviously winning 7 finals out of 7 she has played is the record to be ashamed of... :help:

Yuri Sharapov
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Anna's father is a woose. He cries along with her at fault. How can this be helpful? She obviously need to be different, to be a true champion, like Maria. This is a start.

cellophane
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Anna's father is a woose. He cries along with her at fault. How can this be helpful? She obviously need to be different, to be a true champion, like Maria. This is a start.

Yuri? :haha:

Pushkin
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Wonderful display again today Anna. 7/7 !!!!!!! This is your year World Championship with Russia(again) Olympic Gold Top 3 and a Slam !!!And she's getting cuter matches after matches! GO ANNA

matty
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:17 AM
She kind of seems like a brat to me.

Pushkin
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I would f-ck her every day and night.

matty
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:24 AM
She actually stuck her tongue out at the Israli crowd?

I rest my case, you can't get much more bratty than that.
That's just plain weird.

Pushkin
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Her Tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh My

Simplicity.
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I love these boards..there is a thread about her and its a big deal she stuck her tongue out.

No Name Face
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:55 AM

Me too ;)

wtatennisballer
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:55 AM
:rolleyes:
Obviously winning 7 finals out of 7 she has played is the record to be ashamed of... :help:

7-7 is not the same as 7 of 7 or 7/7. And this thread isn't about her talent, which she has plenty of.

AcesHigh
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
She is 7 out of 7, which is very good, although it's not like she's taking down all the big names.

Anyway, I find it annoying, but the only way to shut her up is to beat her, so until that happens again, good for her.

spiritedenergy
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:26 AM
she's really trying hard to imitate Ana Ivanovic (and the original bitch, mother of these behaviors is Maria Sharapova), but it doesn't come out natural. She looks crazy and spoiled:weirdo:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Me three :drool:

woosey
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:35 AM

basically.

Jakeev
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Loving Anna more every tournament. I think some players can take a page out of Anna's book on handling tough crowds.

Hardiansf
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I LOVE her even more after that Fed Cup match! She rocks!!!!

mapaliey
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Ivanovic is 100% more annoying doing it.

:worship::worship::worship:

mapaliey
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Me three :drool:

r u straight:eek::eek::eek::D

mapaliey
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:20 AM
she's really trying hard to imitate Ana Ivanovic (and the original bitch, mother of these behaviors is Maria Sharapova), but it doesn't come out natural. She looks crazy and spoiled:weirdo:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:speak 2 your self:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gotthebend
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
WTA needs more players with memorable personalities right now anyway.
Her Fed Cup outburst is actually very amusing.:lol:

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Chaky is definitely on the short list to succeed Lena D. as my favorite. I wish they didn't overlap quite so much.