Feb 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM
oh Lena....

Elwin.
Lena :sad: :hug:

Agnes :mad:

LeChuck
Well done to Agi for reaching her 4th WTA final. Elena was leading 3-1*, *4-3 and *5-4 in the final set.

danieln1
Poor Elena fans, always suffering with her...
Anyway, battle of the beauties won bt Agnes, now win the title!

AaronJoyB
Agnes!

Ciredzx
Grats Agnes :worship: Lets win it now

Sexysova
Agnes :yeah:

Elena :hug:

Effy
why choked? maybe Agi played better? huh :rolleyes:

Lena :hug:

iPatty
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Elena. :sobbing: Choke.

Demska
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM
LOL.

Everyone who says she choked should shut the heck up. None of you retards saw the match.

Hard Luck Lena :hug: :sad: :(

Poova
Lena. :sad:

dya74
congrats agi! But...what happened to Elena?!

LudwigDvorak
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats, but this is tough. Really really really tough.

This would have been Elena's biggest win bar Serena and Amelie in ages.

Hantuchov
Elena did everything possible to lose this match... and she did it ! :worship:

Even lost the last game in less than 1 minute. :o

Congrats, Agnes !! :yeah: :kiss:

Pls take the title now !!! ;) :D

Niunia
:( Lena

congratulation Agnes

gmak
lena that was totally pathetic choke :mad: :fiery: :banghead:
got broken to love as well :o

delicatecutter
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Go Agnes Go!!! :worship:

So proud of you girl!!! :hearts:

Milito22
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
:rocker2:Vamos Agnes!:bounce::worship::lol:

Kworb
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Elena, what a choke :sad:

rated_next
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
It looks like everytime a player loses after having a lead, they choke. :tape:

Anyway, well done Agnes :)

Shoulderpova
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Elena did everything possible to lose this match... and she did it ! :worship:

Congrats, Agnes !! :yeah: :kiss:

Pls take the title now !!! ;) :D

sad but true :lol:
she has every chance in this world but still managed to blow :rolleyes:

smokovec
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Congrats Agnes!!!

A match with 14 breaks... :lol:

And 93 Points win from both!

HenryMag.
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Leading 2-0 and BPs to make it 3-0!!

Pathetic!!

Dementieva has been DEMENTINATED!! :help:

Good luck to Doha, anyway.

E.Dementieva_FAN
I really cant believe this....

pancake
Why was it a choke? Hello it's not like Dementieva got broken is something new...

Peterk07
Agnes. :bounce:

Cp6uja
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
New proof that Agi is real-deal!
Yes, Elena serving for match at *5-4 in 3rd and choke, but still she is one of best 3-setters players ever in woman tennis (65-19 W/L since 2004) so only realy good player will beat her in important match like this (semifinal) in 3rd set.

squig2k
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
wow. was so confident she would win in straights too

TiK-Tee
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:33 PM
:sad: Lena again

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:34 PM
It looks like everytime a player loses after having a lead, they choke. :tape:

Yeah. :lol: It seems that every 3 setter is a match of chokers on this board. :)

Natalicious
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:34 PM
congrats agi :woohoo:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM

This is false . Elena can lose to any player in the top 200 . This win doesn't mean anything for Szavay.
If Szavay can beat a solid , consistant player like Anna C in the final then that is a great win

Shvedbarilescu
Remember just a few weeks ago at the Australian Open? Agnes Szavay lost to Ekaterina Makarova. Amazing how many people in that thread rejoiced at that result and were so quick to call her overhyped and overrated. I wonder where those people are now? :shrug:

It is rather funny reading this thread here in light of Agnes's great week in Paris.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=328941

I certainly don't think Szavay is overhyped. She has an outstanding future. That should be clear to one and all.

Uranus
Hah. So much for the haters who said she was hopeless earlier this year.

Congratulations, Agi :D

Poova
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah. :lol: It seems that every 3 setter is a match of chokers on this board. :)
Well its hardly surprising people think that when the WTA Tour is full of chokers. :lol:

FERLKE
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Elena:sad::sad::sad::(

Agnes take this title;)

Viktymise
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Why was it a choke? Hello it's not like Dementieva got broken is something new...

The amount of chances she had in the 3rd set was outrageous, anyone who thinks not converting a BP on a 2nd serve at 6-5 is not a choke when you have a return as good as Lena's, it just braindead. :o

.:sk:.
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Well done Agi :bounce: Good luck in the final :)

Elena :hug:

powerbackhand
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM
ya but maybe agnes served huge to save bp

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Remember just a few weeks ago at the Australian Open? Agnes Szavay lost to Ekaterina Makarova. Amazing how many people in that thread rejoiced at that result and were so quick to call her overhyped and overrated. I wonder where those people are now? :shrug:

It is rather funny reading this thread here in light of Agnes's great week in Paris.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=328941

I certainly don't think Szavay is overhyped. She has an outstanding future. That should be clear to one and all.

She's had a good week, but Szavay beating Elena isn't proof that she is GS material. Elena can lose to virtually anyone. Maybe Elena played well in this match, but there *is* too much hype compared to what Szavay has done so far in her career.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, Elena serving for match at *5-4 in 3rd and choke, but still she is one of best 3-setters players ever in woman tennis (65-19 W/L since 2004) so only realy good player will beat her in important match like this (semifinal) in 3rd set.

We got used to see matches where one player kicks the ass of the other recently. This is because we had finals where one player was on top while the other wasn't, or because we saw a top player agains a lower ranked player, etc. But the truth is, if both players are playing good, it is the head that makes the difference. A player must have head to win battles.

This is a typical match that youngsters use to loose. It's very promising that Agnes looks denying the rule. :)

daniela86
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Elena :sad: but well done Agnes :yeah: Take the title tomorrow :hug:!

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
i think theres 2 things people are confusing with szavay. i think most people think she has a bright future and could be top 10 at some point, if not this year.

but obviously theres still a question mark over is she grand slam winning material, a win over lena d in the semi's of a tier 2 provides evidence of her having a bright future, not a slam winner. im not sure if shes grand slam winning material it would take a great run at a tier 1 beating say henin or maria to prove that to me, but i have no doubt she will be at the top end of tennis for the next 5 years.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
This is false . Elena can lose to any player in the top 200 . This win doesn't mean anything for Szavay.
If Szavay can beat a solid , consistant player like Anna C in the final then that is a great win

You do say some of the dumbest things of anyone on this board. As it happens aside from Lindsay Davenport last year, the last time Dementieva lost to a player ranked outside the top 100 was back in 2004 at Wimbledon when she lost to Sandra Klienova.

That hardly sounds to me the record of a player who can lose to any player in the top 200. As a Dementieva fan I would have thought you would be aware of her record against players ranked outside the top 100. But I guess you are blinded by your compulsion to make dumb sweeping and simply wrong hyperboles.

Cp6uja
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
If Szavay can beat a solid , consistant player like Anna C in the final then that is a great winIn last six months (after USO 2007), Daniela Hantuchova and Elena Dementieva played better tennis and have more consistent games and better results than Anna Chakvetadze, and Agi beat they both in last two days - and that is enough for me whatever will happen tommorow in final.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
You do say some of the dumbest things of anyone on this board. As it happens aside from Lindsay Davenport last year, the last time Dementieva lost to a player ranked outside the top 100 was back in 2004 at Wimbledon when she lost to Sandra Klienova.

That hardly sounds to me the record of a player who can lose to any player in the top 200. As a Dementieva fan I would have thought you would be aware of her record against players ranked outside the top 100. But I guess you are blinded by your compulsion to make dumb sweeping and simply wrong hyperboles.

Maybe she doesn´t lose but any player in the top 200 can force her to a tight third set. It´s not like Elena is beating 61 61 , 63 62 to those rivals :shrug:

As for this tournament , she was lucky this week of reaching semis with her current crappy level . I never saw her in the past wasting the amount of BPs of this week

ps . Dumb according to my dictionary is someone who considers that huge clown Santoro a genius

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Maybe not *anyone* in the top 200, but she can have losses to players like Schruff or Arvidsson..., and her matches go 3 sets way too often.

meb
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I watched the match. Elena made too many ue's in the end. Agnes played smart. She waited for her chances and sometimes hit good bh dtl. Elena also had very poor start.

Michael!
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Elena :sad:
3rd set 2:0,3:1 and *4-3, *5-4 :o
Nothing more to say, she had so many chances to win this match
Agnes didn´t win this match, Elena lost it....:mad:

Russianboy
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:06 PM
OMG lena, thats hard :o

pancake
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:08 PM
The amount of chances she had in the 3rd set was outrageous, anyone who thinks not converting a BP on a 2nd serve at 6-5 is not a choke when you have a return as good as Lena's, it just braindead. :o

If she had a mp at 65* 4030* then she missed a 2nd serve then I MIGHT call it a choke.

Zhao
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
lena :rolleyes:

iamme
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
YEAAAAH!!! :eek: Ági!! great win, and what great fighter! Thanks Ági, we can see you tomorrow!:worship:

Blu€
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Elena :smash::banghead::sobbing: after that 6-1 second set I thought you had it !

tiptop
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM

:bowdown:

Normally I don't care what people post on an anonymous internet board, but SiN DioS Ni LeY is the perfect example of someone who only comes here to literally vomit his stupid one liners in nearly every thread. No clue about anything, doesn't know his facts but always the first one to post.

Of course congrats to Agnes :-)

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
ps . Dumb according to my dictionary is someone who considers that huge clown Santoro a genius

Like Sampras? Or Federer? Or Murray? You should read what Santoro's peers have to say about him.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
She's had a good week, but Szavay beating Elena isn't proof that she is GS material. Elena can lose to virtually anyone. Maybe Elena played well in this match, but there *is* too much hype compared to what Szavay has done so far in her career.

A good week? Man, this girl has reached the final at 3 of her last 4 TIER2 events coming from virtually nowhere. In these 3 finals she was up by a set against Kuzny, then won agains Jelena. The single tourny she has dropped out was the very first mach of her coming back from injury. Is this really a good week?

To sammy01: You're right, this does not mean she'll be a GS winner. She may fade away as quick as she came. If she won a TIER1 already, she'd be a contender to win GS titles right now. But she is still a youngster, who's not at Henin's or Sharapova's level (yet?). She has plenty of time to develop, so we'll see.

AcesHigh
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I can't say this wasn't expected. Elena wasting another great opportunity.

I really hope this doesn't end up being a final of two overrated players(Szavay-Anna C). Hopefully, Bartoli doesn't choke as wonderfully as Dementieva did.

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Normally I don't care what people post on an anonymous internet board, but SiN DioS Ni LeY is the perfect example of someone who only comes here to literally vomit his stupid one liners in nearly every thread. No clue about anything, doesn't know his facts but always the first one to post.

I hate his posts. :o

VasVas
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
great fight Agnes, i really thought you were choking..

patch.
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Oh Elena. Hard loss to take...this title could have been hers...

Congrats Agi though :worship: really turning your season around after the AO...hopefully shell win the final :)

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
A good week? Man, this girl has reached the final at 3 of her last 4 TIER2 events coming from virtually nowhere. In these 3 finals she was up by a set against Kuzny, then won agains Jelena. The single tourny she has dropped out was the very first mach of her coming back from injury. Is this really a good week?

I'm not sure what you expect me to say. :shrug: Being in 3 finals of Tier IIs doesn't mean you are the next best thing since sliced bread.

attis765
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Man,I feel good when all the Szavay haters trying to explain why Szavay is an overhyped mediocre player,and all her wins are pure luck.:lol:Of course after beating someone she wasn't supposed to.It's never Ági's win,but the opponents's choke.:rolleyes:
Right...

Come on Ági,take the title now!!!

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure what you expect me to say. :shrug: Being in 3 finals of Tier IIs doesn't mean you are the next best thing since sliced bread.

And who told she is? ;)

Slutiana
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Oh no...

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM
And who told she is? ;)

Have you not been reading GM? :lol: Last summer after New Haven, it was :help:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I can't say this wasn't expected. Elena wasting another great opportunity.

I really hope this doesn't end up being a final of two overrated players(Szavay-Anna C). Hopefully, Bartoli doesn't choke as wonderfully as Dementieva did.

Szavay is 19 years old. Chakvetadze is 20 years old. If you wish to call them overrated that is fine.

Personally I would be very reluctant to call any player under 22 who is already in the top 20 and has a good 5 to 8 years of prime peak career left in them overrated. (Okay I admit it, I will make an exception for Vaidisova :lol:)

Slutiana
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM

Yeah, its true...:o

Yasmine
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
:eek:

No Name Face
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
god, Elena can't win anything.

UDACHi
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
she doesn't belong back in the top 10 if she's going to keep playing like this. her career as an elite is probably all the way done.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Oh, people are talking sh*t. :) If you take this seriously, you'll end up hating most young girls here, because the same sh*t happens everytime a young player upsets a seasoned pro. :)

But this doesn't change the fact, that Agi's not having a good week, but a good half year at least. ;) As a young player, she's achieved a lot since last summer. And, sorry, no offense, but this makes me really happy :)

jonny84
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Good win for Agnes and into the final :woohoo:
Agnes is back!

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, people are talking sh*t. :) If you take this seriously, you'll end up hating most young girls here, because the same sh*t happens everytime a young player upsets a seasoned pro. :)

I don't agree... I don't think that all players who are currently in the top 10 or GS winners were severely overhyped.

But this doesn't change the fact, that Agi's not having a good week, but a good half year at least. ;) As a young player, she's achieved a lot since last summer. And, sorry, no offense, but this makes me really happy :)

Well... she's had a good half a year in that she's risen up the rankings and obviously improved... but a good half a year is objectively speaking more than 3 Tier II finals. I've seen her play... she just hasn't impressed me much... I'm just going to wait until she has a huge win.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I don't agree... I don't think that all players who are currently in the top 10 or GS winners were severely overhyped.

OK, so tell me how could be a player who's already proven she worths the hype be "overhyped". You can only "overhype" unproven players. :)

nniels
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Agi :D

Il Primo!
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I can't hate LenaD. anymore, everyone realised she's kind of weak. But she's nice eventually, good luck for Doha Lena :hug:

And well done to Agnes! :worship:

zveeen
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Lena :(

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM
OK, so tell me how could be a player who's already proven she worths the hype be "overhyped". You can only "overhype" unproven players. :)

I'm talking about "overhyped" before they became GS winners, compared to what they did in their careers at that point.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Well... she's had a good half a year in that she's risen up the rankings and obviously improved... but a good half a year is objectively speaking more than 3 Tier II finals. I've seen her play... she just hasn't impressed me much... I'm just going to wait until she has a huge win.

how can you not be impressed by Szavays game?
she has a great serve and big groundies plus shes got a brain-she doesnt just bash the hell out of the ball like most youngsters

she reminds me of Vaidisova when Vaida was 15, hopefully Szavay will continue to improve unlike Nicole

LindsayRulz
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Elena :sad:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM
A year ago Agnes was ranked #182 in the world and lost to Martina Muller 64 60. Now she's heading to the Top-15 being a GS quarterfinalist and finalist of three Tier II events with wins over Schiavone, Radwanska, Hantuchova x2, Petrova, Jankovic and Dementieva.
Yet, someone has the nerve to say she's overrated... :worship:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
wins over Schiavone, Radwanska, Hantuchova x2, Petrova, Jankovic and Dementieva.

those wins are not impressive for me :shrug:

sebbe
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yessss! Go Aggie!

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
A year ago Agnes was ranked #182 in the world and lost to Martina Muller 64 60. Now she's heading to the Top-15 being a GS quarterfinalist and finalist of three Tier II events with wins over Schiavone, Radwanska, Hantuchova x2, Petrova, Jankovic and Dementieva.

Maybe because someone has the nerve to hype her as much as she has been based on those wins? :rolleyes:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yeeeees Agi :woohoo:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:08 PM
those wins are not impressive for me :shrug:

Just out of curiosity..what would impress you? :scratch:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Just out of curiosity..what would impress you? :scratch:

Beating Santoro . He is almost unbeatable

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'm talking about "overhyped" before they became GS winners, compared to what they did in their careers at that point.

Please do a search about - let's say - Ana Ivanovic in GM, filtering treads older than 2 years. You'll be surprised how many threads were started about her, how many people did "overhype" her, and how many people were sceptic about her. Replace Agnes's name with Ana's, and you'll feel if you'd read the same threads & posts over again. :)

The only difference is that Ana has aready proved the hype, while Agnes is yet to prove it.

saint2
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Actually comparing to some players in top20, shes underrated.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe because someone has the nerve to hype her as much as she has been based on those wins? :rolleyes:

:shrug:
And maybe because not only she's been "hyped" to win those silly events *cough* Grand Slams *cough* that the certain posters faves never managed to claim but, unlike them, she still has a time to achieve that goal in the future.

I think it's called jealousy.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Well done Agi .

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Please do a search about - let's say - Ana Ivanovic in GM, filtering treads older than 2 years. You'll be surprised how many threads were started about her, how many people did "overhype" her, and how many people were sceptic about her. Replace Agnes's name with Ana's, and you'll feel if you'd read the same threads & posts over again. :)

The only difference is that Ana has aready proved the hype, while Agnes is yet to prove it.

:lol: I think Ivanovic is still comparatively overhyped, so I don't think she is a good example at all. Better take someone like Serena in '99 when she won in Paris and Indian Wells. I mean, of course Ana is number 2 in the world and ... I just don't think she is as good as the rest of the top players or has proven that she is going to be as good as a Justine Henin YET...

Svetlana.
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Elena :sad::sad::weirdo::smash::banghead::ignore::armed:

I love her :kiss:, but she does not have a champion mentality :help:

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM
:shrug:
And maybe because not only she's been "hyped" to win those silly events *cough* Grand Slams *cough* that the certain posters faves never managed to claim but, unlike them, she still has a time to achieve that goal in the future.

I think it's called jealousy.

Um, there are other players who I am not really a huge fan of, but they at least have proven themselves (which I can admit) more of a slam threat in 2008 than...Szavay. :lol: Seriously.

hablo
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I like Szavay's game. Congrats to her.

Well done to Agi for reaching her 4th WTA final. Elena was leading 3-1*, *4-3 and *5-4 in the final set.
So Lena was leading in all three sets? She would make Chokomomo proud. :tape:

Dementieva has been DEMENTINATED!! :help:

:lol::o

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Um, there are other players who I am not really a huge fan of, but they at least have proven themselves (which I can admit) more of a slam threat in 2008 than...Szavay. :lol: Seriously.

And here we go again.
Who ever said Szavay would win a Slam in 2008? Barring you and SiN DioS Ni LeY, of course?

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Beating Santoro . He is almost unbeatable

Well, he has beaten every single player on the ATP tour who has reached a career ranking of number one over the last twenty years with the soul exception of Yvgeny Kafelnikov, as long as you wish to bring up the magician's good name. I don't believe any other active player comes close to that achievement. :worship:

But obviously as Szavay and Santoro play on different tours this won't happen :lol:. So I can only presume you refuse to be impressed regardless of what she does. :shrug:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
And here we go again.
Who ever said Szavay would win a Slam in 2008? Barring you and SiN DioS Ni LeY, of course?

When I did say this ? :confused:

I'm not hungarian to believe that

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
And here we go again.

If you spent some time reading the threads about Szavay the past 6 months, you seriously woudn't be asking me this question. :shrug: Maybe not "She will win a slam in 2008"... but I'm speaking figuratively about "OMGZ!!! She is going to be future number 1 and she'll b a slam threat in '08 and for years to come"

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Well, he has beaten every single player on the ATP tour who has reached a career ranking of number one over the last twenty years with the soul exception of Yvgeny Kafelnikov, as long as you wish to bring up the magician's good name. I don't believe any other active player comes close to that achievement. :worship:

That is because any player wannna be a clown like Santoro during 20 years

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
When I did say this ? :confused:

I'm not hungarian to believe that

You don't believe Federer is the best player in the world so... :tape: :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM
If you spent some time reading the threads about Szavay the past 6 months, you seriously woudn't be asking me this question. :shrug: Maybe not "She will win a slam in 2008"... but I'm speaking figuratively about "OMGZ!!! She is going to be future number 1 and she'll b a slam threat in '08 and for years to come"

The key word in the whole discussion.

Lord Jinxy
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Way to go Aggers!!!
Sorry didn't watch on Eurosport, too busy seeing Wales stuff Scotland. :bounce:
Promise to cheer you on to victory tomorrow. :wavey:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
That is because any player wannna be a clown like Santoro during 20 years

:confused: How old are you anyway? :help:

(Chris tells himself he really shouldn't get into debates with immature 12 year olds)

Destiny
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Yes szavay
knew she would win
now go on and win the whole thing
:woohoo:

Textor
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Well done, Ági!:)

I think she has some chances against Anna, but it's gonna be a really tough match..

Guys, let's not talk about Agnes's future! NOBODY can foresee how good (or bad) she will be. I think she's not overrated, nor underrated, but just a good player who deserves to be in Top 20.

Ági, do your best tomorrow! :)

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Aha. Just wait a few more months, and you'll see threads like "OMG!!! Szavay is fist pumping! She really is! She's a f...ing copycat b*tch!". :lol: :lol:

It'll all balance out for you. ;)

justine schnyder
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Elena :o :sad:

Wayn77
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Watching the third-set highlights right now - Mommy Vera is not amused

Well done smiler Agi. :D

BMP
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Congrats to Agnes! :D Interesting match! Hope she'll win it all!

anon57
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Watching the highlights now, pretty good play from both players

morningglory
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM

As for her 3rd set record... I'm beginning to wonder if the only reason it's that strong is that she struggles unneccessarily against lesser players, thus having more 3 setters when she should've crushed them in straights :o Because of her serve...

Wayn77
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Awesome rally at 4-4 30-30

One of the longest ovations from a crowd I can remember.

Nice if someone can get a clip of it.

miffedmax
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Lena's form in three setters hasn't been good since her injury last year. I knew this would be a tough match. Can't say I'm happy with the result, but Lena made the semis, so she had a good week.

Congrats to Agnes.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Lena :hysteric:

congrats agnes :)

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
from watching the highlights on eurosport lena just went very passive when winning and szavay just kept on going for it. also lena likes to hit the backhand crosscourt and this was just feeding szavay best shot her backhand.

whats szavays coaches name its josh something, i think hes realy fit, he has realy sexy eyes and i love the rough unshaven look he has.

Josh.
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
lena :hug:

Sally Todd
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Well, well, well. Having toughed out the Australian Open threads where droves of people were gloating over Agnes's loss, this win is a sweet one.

To the people who become sourpusses each time Agnes wins :wavey:: Get ready to feel sour a lot this year -- and in years to come. ;)

What's so wrong with having enthusiasm about her? Even if people were saying Szavay is going to be the next person to land on the moon (after New Haven, no doubt :lol:), maybe there were doing that because, gee, they like the look of her game and think she has great potential?

I love Lena D. But this scoreline shows why Lena hasn't won a slam (:tape:god love her all the more for it :tape:) while, yes, Agnes may have slam potential down the road. Lena sometimes wins these kinds of tough tight three-setters matches against the very top players -- Henin and Serena, for example. But she can also go off the rails.

Agnes can lose tough matches -- she did in Australia while she was getting back into the swing of a new year. But she seems pretty gutsy and relaxed when things are close. That's the mark of a champion. :yeah:

Last year's final still makes me sad -- Petrova totally took the wind out of Safarova's sails when Lucie was playing flat-out thrilling tennis. (Admittedly, Lucie let her). But I'm really looking forward to this final between two of the tour's underrated players. :D Anna is the Muhammad Ali of tournament finalists. I wish she would face the likes of Kuzy or Sharpy in a final so that for once she might be more confident against them!

Beat
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
great win for szavay! :) good luck in the final.

Dodoboy.
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
watching Elena is a learning process..
she is such a fascinating player...but there is something missing! she needs to find this or this will happen again and again!

Wow talk about not being comfortable with a break...a break back was almost certain in the last set!

Sefo
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Agi played book tennis and Elena couldn't do anything but to "choke the match away" (if you like it better so).
But I think Agi played smarter today.

seltorin
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
from watching the highlights on eurosport lena just went very passive when winning and szavay just kept on going for it. also lena likes to hit the backhand crosscourt and this was just feeding szavay best shot her backhand.

whats szavays coaches name its josh something, i think hes realy fit, he has realy sexy eyes and i love the rough unshaven look he has.

His name is Jozsef Bocskai.

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:35 PM
His name is Jozsef Bocskai.

thank you, me likes alot! :devil::hearts:

a couple of pictures would be nice!!!!!!!!

faboozadoo15
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:37 PM

If you consider she wasn't even on the main tour in the first half of the year and then all of a sudden she's winning tier 2's and making major quarterfinals, I'd say that IS a huge deal.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
If you consider she wasn't even on the main tour in the first half of the year and then all of a sudden she's winning tier 2's and making major quarterfinals, I'd say that IS a huge deal.

making a major quarterfinal to be correct.

(I'm just trying to save your neck. :) )

faboozadoo15
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Well done, AGI!!!!
I really hope she keeps her form the the final. It should be a really entertaining match, 2 highly intelligent players. I really hope Ago has her serve working well, or I don't think she can get past Anna. Here's to hoping!

faboozadoo15
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
making a major quarterfinal to be correct.

(I'm just trying to save your head. :) )

Whoops, got a little carried away. And of course she's only won 1 tier 2 as well.

But do we not remember the hype around, say Golovin, when she finally won a tier 2?

iamme
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
thank you, me likes alot! :devil::hearts:

a couple of pictures would be nice!!!!!!!!

hmmm, here is a video interview with him:D

http://www.origo.hu/sport/tenisz/20071010-szavay-agnes-nem-indul-zurichben-es-linzben-sem.html

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Speaking of Dementieva's three setters and how she is tough to beat in them here is her record vs Top-10 players:

WINS IN STRAIGHT SETS (17)
M.Pierce 63 21-ret. 2000 Miami
C.Martinez 64 61 2000 US Open
L.Davenport 63 10-ret. 2000 Miami
M.Hingis 62 62 2001 Moscow
M.Hingis 63 61 2002 Filderstadt
D.Hantuchova 75 63 2003 Paris Indoors
D.Hantuchova 60 61 2003 Amelia Island
C.Rubin 62 61 2003 Bali
C.Rubin 63 76 2003 Shanghai
L.Davenport 61 63 2004 Roland Garros
A.Mauresmo 64 63 2004 Roland Garros
S.Kuznetsova 61 63 2004 Moscow
K.Clijsters 64 63 2006 Fed Cup
M.Sharapova 75 62 2006 Los Angeles
P.Schnyder 76 76 2006 Moscow
D.Hantuchova 63 41-ret. 2007 Los Angeles
D.Hantuchova 64 64 2007 Stuttgart

WINS IN THREE SETS (21)
V.Williams 16 63 76 1999 Fed Cup
A.Sanchez 64 57 62 2000 Berlin
A.Huber 61 36 63 2000 US Open
L.Davenport 36 76 64 2000 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 63 06 64 2001 Fed Cup
J.Henin 36 64 75 2003 Amelia Island
L.Davenport 46 75 63 2003 Amelia Island
A.Myskina 26 61 61 2003 Canadian Open
A.Mauresmo 36 64 62 2003 Canadian Open
C.Rubin 46 75 61 2003 Tour Championships
S.Kuznetsova 57 62 62 2004 Los Angeles
V.Zvonareva 16 64 63 2004 US Open
A.Mauresmo 46 64 76 2004 US Open
J.Capriati 60 26 76 2004 US Open
S.Kuznetsova 36 63 75 2005 Indian Wells
L.Davenport 61 36 76 2005 US Open
A.Mauresmo 64 46 62 2005 Fed Cup
M.Pierce 76 26 61 2005 Fed Cup
K.Clijsters 63 36 62 2005 Filderstadt
J.Henin 26 75 75 2006 Indian Wells
S.Williams 67 61 61 2007 Moscow

LOSSES IN STRAIGHT SETS (54)
M.Hingis 63 62 1999 Australian Open
L.Davenport 64 60 1999 Fed Cup
B.Schett 63 61 1999 Filderstadt
L.Davenport 62 61 2000 Indian Wells
C.Martinez 75 62 2000 Amelia Island
L.Davenport 63 62 2000 Rome
L.Davenport 64 64 2000 Los Angeles
L.Davenport 62 76 2000 US Open
V.Williams 62 64 2000 Olympics
M.Seles 61 76 2000 Tour Championships
V.Williams 60 63 2001 Indian Wells
J.Capriati 60 62 2001 Miami
K.Clijsters 63 76 2001 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 60 64 2001 Fed Cup
J.Henin 60 63 2002 Australian Open
J.Henin 76 76 2002 Wimbledon
J.Henin 63 63 2002 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 60 60 2003 Paris Indoors
S.Williams 62 62 2003 Wimbledon
L.Davenport 64 62 2003 New Haven
J.Capriati 62 75 2003 US Open
A.Mauresmo 64 61 2003 Moscow
J.Henin 75 60 2003 Filderstadt
A.Mauresmo 63 62 2003 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 62 62 2003 Tour Championships
L.Davenport 63 64 2004 Sydney
S.Williams 61 61 2004 Miami
A.Myskina 61 62 2004 Roland Garros
L.Davenport 62 64 2004 San Diego
S.Kuznetsova 63 75 2004 US Open
A.Myskina 75 60 2004 Moscow
L.Davenport 60 61 2004 Tour Championships
S.Williams 76 75 2004 Tour Championships
A.Myskina 63 63 2004 Tour Championships
V.Williams 61 62 2005 Fed Cup
A.Mauresmo 63 64 2005 Filderstadt
K.Clijsters 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
M.Pierce 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
P.Schnyder 63 63 2006 Paris Indoors
M.Sharapova 61 62 2006 Indian Wells
J.Henin 62 60 2006 Fed Cup
K.Clijsters 75 64 2006 Warsaw
M.Sharapova 61 64 2006 Wimbledon
P.Schnyder 64 63 2006 San Diego
S.Kuznetsova 75 63 2006 Tour Championships
M.Sharapova 61 64 2006 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 64 60 2006 Tour Championships
M.Hingis 64 63 2007 Tokyo Pan Pacific
N.Petrova 63 63 2007 Berlin
J.Jankovic 62 61 2007 Rome
M.Sharapova 63 64 2007 Los Angeles
J.Henin 64 64 2007 Stuttgart
M.Sharapova 62 60 2008 Australian Open

LOSSES IN THREE SETS (17)
M.Hingis 60 67 75 2000 Moscow
L.Davenport 57 64 62 2001 Los Angeles
K.Clijsters 75 46 62 2001 US Open
K.Clijsters 61 36 61 2001 Leipzig
J.Dokic 57 61 62 2002 Paris Indoors
V.Williams 57 63 62 2002 Miami
J.Dokic 06 76 61 2002 Amelia Island
D.Hantuchova 36 76 76 2002 Zurich
J.Capriati 64 46 61 2003 Indian Wells
J.Henin 46 64 61 2003 San Diego
J.Henin 63 67 63 2003 Canadian Open
M.Sharapova 46 62 63 2004 Zurich
A.Myskina 16 76 75 2005 Wimbledon
A.Mauresmo 75 26 75 2005 Philadelphia
K.Clijsters 57 61 62 2006 Antwerp
S.Kuznetsova 63 36 62 2006 New Haven
S.Kuznetsova 46 63 30-ret. 2007 New Haven

THREE SET RECORD VS TOP-10 ------ 21-17
Wins after losing 1st set ------- 13
Losses after winning 1st set ---- 10

THREE SET RECORD VS TOP-10
STARTING AMELIA ISLAND 2003 ----- 16-6
Wins after losing 1st set ------- 11
Losses after winning 1st set ---- 5

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
hmmm, here is a video interview with him:D

http://www.origo.hu/sport/tenisz/20071010-szavay-agnes-nem-indul-zurichben-es-linzben-sem.html

thanks alot! hes so sexy especialy with that sleaveless top on, omg i'd so ride him any day! :devil::devil::devil::hearts:

Lulu.
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM
:lol:

iamme
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
thanks alot! hes so sexy especialy with that sleaveless top on, omg i'd so ride him any day! :devil::devil::devil::hearts:

:haha: you're welcome!..hehe hungarian man ;):lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Speaking of Dementieva's three setters and how she is tough to beat in them here is her record vs Top-10 players:

WINS IN STRAIGHT SETS (17)
M.Pierce 63 21-ret. 2000 Miami
C.Martinez 64 61 2000 US Open
L.Davenport 63 10-ret. 2000 Miami
M.Hingis 62 62 2001 Moscow
M.Hingis 63 61 2002 Filderstadt
D.Hantuchova 75 63 2003 Paris Indoors
D.Hantuchova 60 61 2003 Amelia Island
C.Rubin 62 61 2003 Bali
C.Rubin 63 76 2003 Shanghai
L.Davenport 61 63 2004 Roland Garros
A.Mauresmo 64 63 2004 Roland Garros
S.Kuznetsova 61 63 2004 Moscow
K.Clijsters 64 63 2006 Fed Cup
M.Sharapova 75 62 2006 Los Angeles
P.Schnyder 76 76 2006 Moscow
D.Hantuchova 63 41-ret. 2007 Los Angeles
D.Hantuchova 64 64 2007 Stuttgart

WINS IN THREE SETS (21)
V.Williams 16 63 76 1999 Fed Cup
A.Sanchez 64 57 62 2000 Berlin
A.Huber 61 36 63 2000 US Open
L.Davenport 36 76 64 2000 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 63 06 64 2001 Fed Cup
J.Henin 36 64 75 2003 Amelia Island
L.Davenport 46 75 63 2003 Amelia Island
A.Myskina 26 61 61 2003 Canadian Open
A.Mauresmo 36 64 62 2003 Canadian Open
C.Rubin 46 75 61 2003 Tour Championships
S.Kuznetsova 57 62 62 2004 Los Angeles
V.Zvonareva 16 64 63 2004 US Open
A.Mauresmo 46 64 76 2004 US Open
J.Capriati 60 26 76 2004 US Open
S.Kuznetsova 36 63 75 2005 Indian Wells
L.Davenport 61 36 76 2005 US Open
A.Mauresmo 64 46 62 2005 Fed Cup
M.Pierce 76 26 61 2005 Fed Cup
K.Clijsters 63 36 62 2005 Filderstadt
J.Henin 26 75 75 2006 Indian Wells
S.Williams 67 61 61 2007 Moscow

LOSSES IN STRAIGHT SETS (54)
M.Hingis 63 62 1999 Australian Open
L.Davenport 64 60 1999 Fed Cup
B.Schett 63 61 1999 Filderstadt
L.Davenport 62 61 2000 Indian Wells
C.Martinez 75 62 2000 Amelia Island
L.Davenport 63 62 2000 Rome
L.Davenport 64 64 2000 Los Angeles
L.Davenport 62 76 2000 US Open
V.Williams 62 64 2000 Olympics
M.Seles 61 76 2000 Tour Championships
V.Williams 60 63 2001 Indian Wells
J.Capriati 60 62 2001 Miami
K.Clijsters 63 76 2001 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 60 64 2001 Fed Cup
J.Henin 60 63 2002 Australian Open
J.Henin 76 76 2002 Wimbledon
J.Henin 63 63 2002 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 60 60 2003 Paris Indoors
S.Williams 62 62 2003 Wimbledon
L.Davenport 64 62 2003 New Haven
J.Capriati 62 75 2003 US Open
A.Mauresmo 64 61 2003 Moscow
J.Henin 75 60 2003 Filderstadt
A.Mauresmo 63 62 2003 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 62 62 2003 Tour Championships
L.Davenport 63 64 2004 Sydney
S.Williams 61 61 2004 Miami
A.Myskina 61 62 2004 Roland Garros
L.Davenport 62 64 2004 San Diego
S.Kuznetsova 63 75 2004 US Open
A.Myskina 75 60 2004 Moscow
L.Davenport 60 61 2004 Tour Championships
S.Williams 76 75 2004 Tour Championships
A.Myskina 63 63 2004 Tour Championships
V.Williams 61 62 2005 Fed Cup
A.Mauresmo 63 64 2005 Filderstadt
K.Clijsters 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
A.Mauresmo 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
M.Pierce 62 63 2005 Tour Championships
P.Schnyder 63 63 2006 Paris Indoors
M.Sharapova 61 62 2006 Indian Wells
J.Henin 62 60 2006 Fed Cup
K.Clijsters 75 64 2006 Warsaw
M.Sharapova 61 64 2006 Wimbledon
P.Schnyder 64 63 2006 San Diego
S.Kuznetsova 75 63 2006 Tour Championships
M.Sharapova 61 64 2006 Tour Championships
K.Clijsters 64 60 2006 Tour Championships
M.Hingis 64 63 2007 Tokyo Pan Pacific
N.Petrova 63 63 2007 Berlin
J.Jankovic 62 61 2007 Rome
M.Sharapova 63 64 2007 Los Angeles
J.Henin 64 64 2007 Stuttgart
M.Sharapova 62 60 2008 Australian Open

LOSSES IN THREE SETS (17)
M.Hingis 60 67 75 2000 Moscow
L.Davenport 57 64 62 2001 Los Angeles
K.Clijsters 75 46 62 2001 US Open
K.Clijsters 61 36 61 2001 Leipzig
J.Dokic 57 61 62 2002 Paris Indoors
V.Williams 57 63 62 2002 Miami
J.Dokic 06 76 61 2002 Amelia Island
D.Hantuchova 36 76 76 2002 Zurich
J.Capriati 64 46 61 2003 Indian Wells
J.Henin 46 64 61 2003 San Diego
J.Henin 63 67 63 2003 Canadian Open
M.Sharapova 46 62 63 2004 Zurich
A.Myskina 16 76 75 2005 Wimbledon
A.Mauresmo 75 26 75 2005 Philadelphia
K.Clijsters 57 61 62 2006 Antwerp
S.Kuznetsova 63 36 62 2006 New Haven
S.Kuznetsova 46 63 30-ret. 2007 New Haven

THREE SET RECORD VS TOP-10 ------ 21-17
Wins after losing 1st set ------- 13
Losses after winning 1st set ---- 10

THREE SET RECORD VS TOP-10
STARTING AMELIA ISLAND 2003 ----- 16-6
Wins after losing 1st set ------- 11
Losses after winning 1st set ---- 5

Cool post. Thank you. :)
That is a damn impressive 3 set record I must say. :worship:

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
:lol: I think Ivanovic is still comparatively overhyped, so I don't think she is a good example at all. Better take someone like Serena in '99 when she won in Paris and Indian Wells. I mean, of course Ana is number 2 in the world and ... I just don't think she is as good as the rest of the top players or has proven that she is going to be as good as a Justine Henin YET...

So she reached 2 GS finals in 1 year (how many players did that in the history of tennis? Not many) and you called her overrated?:tape:

About Agnes, she's rightfully hyped because people can see her play and her game is just amazing and explosive. She's also mentally very tough.

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Why don't you post how many times Elena has gone 3 sets against scrubs she should be beating easily.

serenaforever
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Elena. :lol:
Nicely done, Agnes =]

good luck, Anna C. :banana:

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
To the people who become sourpusses each time Agnes wins :wavey:: Get ready to feel sour a lot this year -- and in years to come. ;)

Posters like you are exactly why the Szavay hype is so irritating.

Fired
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
yay Agi!!! :banana: great job coming back in the third set.

Pasta-Na
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:36 PM
DFementieva :hug:

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM

and posters like you are exactly why Canada is a shit*ole

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Can't we just drop this subject? This is a thread for cheering & congratulating Agnes and giving credit to Elena. If you'll see a thread like "Szavay is the next big thing" again, then there will be plenty of place to argue about who is overhyped.

papru
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Agi :) Lena :(
Agi take the title now :)

Wtrain
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Good win from Agnes, now win this title!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Can't we just drop this subject? This is a thread for cheering & congratulating Agnes and giving credit to Elena.

Sorry but Elena D doesn´t deserve any credit

Tennisace
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Agnes please take out Anna now.

I swear Anna just wins all of the easy titles where no one is playing.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Watching the lighlights, it was interesting that, while Elena had the lead on the scoreboard during the whole 3rd set, I felt that Agnes had the lead mentally. She seemed to be the one who wants to score and not "just" survive. It seemed Elena was too tired to concentrate enough.

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
and posters like you are exactly why Canada is a shit*ole

Maybe you should leave then. :shrug: the less crazes like you, the better

attis765
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Where in Canada are you guys from anyway?I lived in Toronto for many years..:rocker:

faboozadoo15
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM

You really need to get a grip. Saying she'll have a successful year and the people who don't like her will continue to be sour is stating nothing but a realistic expectation. She's already made a tier 2 final.

You should really find yourself a better operating definition of "hype".

I don't know what your problem is-- if you're anti-hungarian or just a bitter asshole, but there's a difference between being excited about a new prospect and saying that he/she will do well, and glorifying a newcomer as the savior of tennis. Agi hardly gets a lot of media write-up being Hungarian, and I really can't see where you're reading all this "hype". She has a bright future and continues to impress everyone she plays tennis in front of.

faboozadoo15
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Can't we just drop this subject? This is a thread for cheering & congratulating Agnes and giving credit to Elena. If you'll see a thread like "Szavay is the next big thing" again, then there will be plenty of place to argue about who is overhyped.

Nice retort. ;)

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM
You really need to get a grip. Saying she'll have a successful year and the people who don't like her will continue to be sour is stating nothing but a realistic expectation. She's already made a tier 2 final.

You should really find yourself a better operating definition of "hype".

I don't know what your problem is-- if you're anti-hungarian or just a bitter asshole, but there's a difference between being excited about a new prospect and saying that he/she will do well, and glorifying a newcomer as the savior of tennis. Agi hardly gets a lot of media write-up being Hungarian, and I really can't see where you're reading all this "hype". She has a bright future and continues to impress everyone she plays tennis in front of.

that's the right definition, I've never seen him praise any player but just bash them and invade the board with its negative and disgusting remarks.

Cellophane, please wrap yourself up and disappear:lol:

attis765
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:58 PM
"Cellophane, please wrap yourself up and disappear"
Good one:lol:

kolan
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:59 PM
that's the right definition, I've never seen him praise any player but just bash them and invade the board with its negative and disgusting remarks.

:lol:

svetaisthebest
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Congrats Agnes !!!

Bad Luck Elena

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:02 PM

And you need better reading skills... I was referring to the "get used to winning a lot" part. :o And who hasn't made a Tier 2 fucking final.

I don't know what your problem is-- if you're anti-hungarian or just a bitter asshole,

Wow, you must be really desperate to pull out shit like that as a reply. WTF does her being Hungarian have to do with anything? :weirdo:

but there's a difference between being excited about a new prospect and saying that he/she will do well, and glorifying a newcomer as the savior of tennis. Agi hardly gets a lot of media write-up being Hungarian, and I really can't see where you're reading all this "hype". She has a bright future and continues to impress everyone she plays tennis in front of.

You either don't spend enough time reading the board or you are not reading my posts. I was talking about the hype *here*... on this message board.... if you can't see that, that's your problem. I'm done.

F-R-E-A-K
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Lena D :hug: :hug:

tennisbear7
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
And you need better reading skills... I was referring to the "get used to winning a lot" part. :o And who hasn't made a Tier 2 fucking final.

Wow, you must be really desperate to pull out shit like that as a reply. WTF does her being Hungarian have to do with anything? :weirdo:

You either don't spend enough time reading the board or you are not reading my posts. I was talking about the hype *here*... on this message board.... if you can't see that, that's your problem. I'm done.

Well, cellophane likes Petrova... so... :haha:

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well, cellophane likes Petrova... so... :haha:

And ? I also like Jankovic and Henin.... and others.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Let me think... Vaidisova...
And if I remember correctly Petrova reached her first Tier II final at 21 and could not win a single title till she was like 23...
Szavay just turned 19.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:28 PM

Now, I think you are pissed off. Calm down, this is not the Superbowl. ;)

You keep talking about "that Szavay-hyping threads". Please show me just one thread. Just one, that has been opened by a fan being hungarian or not. If you haven't noticed yet, those threads has been opened by people who were watching the Jankovic-Szavay final live and were impressed about Agnes's game. Most of them barely even knew her before.

I'm serious. I saw threads opened by fans about Paszek, I saw threads opened by fans about Radwanska, I saw threads about Cornet, I saw tons of threads about Sesil, but truly, I haven't seen such threads about Agnes yet. And you know what? If i would, I'd be happy. I don't mind if someone sees big potential in Radwanska or Azarenka or Paszek or Sesil, etc, because they all do have talent. As Agnes has talent too. No one knows if any of these youngsters will fullfill their fans best hope, but it's nice to speculate about it. :)

Corswandt
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Watching the lighlights, it was interesting that, while Elena had the lead on the scoreboard during the whole 3rd set, I felt that Agnes had the lead mentally. She seemed to be the one who wants to score and not "just" survive. It seemed Elena was too tired to concentrate enough.

That was not how it looked. Szavay looked completely drained by the end of the match, both physically and mentally. A three-set battle of attrition against a relentless grinder such as Lena isn't for everyone - at least when Lena's FH and ground game in general are working, as was the case today.

Problem was, Lena isn't the brightest tactician around, while by contrast Szavay's court sense and shot selection are almost flawless. Szavay knows how to string shots together to get the upper hand in a rally and win a point, Lena far too often plays as if she has no idea how to. Lena just tried to overpower Szavay from the baseline with her predictable CC pattern (often, Szavay didn't even bother to fully recover her position at the middle of the court; overall, she anticipated quite well), and her edge in power off the baseline very nearly won her the match. "Nearly" being the key word here. At times, she was content to play endless CC BH to BH rallies, even though the BH is Szavay's most solid shot - which again shows most of the time Lena has no clue about what she's doing on the court. Szavay mixed it up really well, sliced and moonballed to draw errors out of Lena and above all (and this is perhaps what she does best) bided her time and played it (relatively) safe in the rallies until she saw the opening for a winner - and then she went for it.

Anyways, being twice up a break in the third, serving for the match, getting to 30-all IIRC only to get broken, getting broken to love when serving to stay in it is par for the course with Lena.

dybbuk
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Agnes! :woohoo: I missed the match unfortunately, hopefully I will catch the final.

Ben.
Well done Agi :yeah: hope you can win the title now :D

Lena :hug:

LudwigDvorak
Agnes' mentality is largely considered her greatest strength. It is Elena's greatest weakness. This is why Elena will probably never beat Szavay in a high pressure situation, unless it is one of her "on" days. But I agree with past posters--when Elena blew those break points at 20 in the third, I figured even if Elena kept up a lead she had still just allowed Agnes to make a comeback. And from 54 30-30, she won three points, one of which was a double fault and probably two more Szavay unforced errors.

She played, I would imagine, beautiful tennis in the second set. She served and volleyed in the beginning of the third for Christ's sake, she knows how to beat Szavay, and she almost did. But Agnes believes in herself more than Elena (outside of Moscow/Fed Cup) and probably ever has. It's belief. Belief is why Agnes is so hyped up. If she doesn't win a slam, I would be surprised. I don't even like her. I'd rather her go away, honestly, she keeps beating all of my favorite players. But I digress. She should be considered a major threat, dunno why that's so hard to believe. And NO, it's not because she just beat my favorite player, it's because even though she'd played like shit prior to this event Agnes still knows what she is capable of, and that's the key.

This does not mean Elena should retire :rolleyes: that she can't win titles anymore (SHE JUST WON ONE THREE MONTHS AGO OVER SERENA YOU MORONS) :rolleyes: that she can't be considered elite :rolleyes:. It means against very smart players (not many, it must be said) Elena will usually come up short.

This would have been a sweet win, I will admit. But it wasn't meant to be. When Elena beats a top 10 player again or wins a big title this year, and her stupid fucking fans are saying "oh my god Elena you're so great!" I hope they remember this tournament and realize what morons they are. Elena has the most fickle fanbase ever, and I'm ashamed of most of them. I might be too critical of her or whatever, but I still believe in her. Maybe not to win a slam, but to at least win fucking Tier II titles. Jesus Christ. That's what pisses me off most about this loss. Even if she never won another match again she's still fucking better than 97% of most players to have ever played. :rolleyes:

Congratulations Agnes, again.

Alicia Rocks
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Agnes :woohoo: Awesome week :yeah: Now please win the final :angel:

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
That was not how it looked. Szavay looked completely drained by the end of the match, both physically and mentally.

Yes, I think you're right. Including tomorrow's final, she played 13 matches (9 singles + 4 doubles) in less than 2 weeks, so she must be tired like a beast of burden. When she's talking to herself, and "pumping herself" like she did today, it means she's tired and desperate. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if she had been bagelled tomorrow. But I was writing about the will. The will to score, the will to win. Whatever. Maybe I'm just wrong. ;)

Renalicious
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Omg Elena. :sad:

*dies*

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Congrats Agi!:)
Lena :)

Daniela Fan
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm so sad Elena lost. Anyway, I hope Agnes win Paris. I do not sympathize with Anna. I really don't know why. I like to see her playing but she seems very very cold...

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Agnes' mentality is largely considered her greatest strength. It is Elena's greatest weakness. This is why Elena will probably never beat Szavay in a high pressure situation, unless it is one of her "on" days. But I agree with past posters--when Elena blew those break points at 20 in the third, I figured even if Elena kept up a lead she had still just allowed Agnes to make a comeback. And from 54 30-30, she won three points, one of which was a double fault and probably two more Szavay unforced errors.

She played, I would imagine, beautiful tennis in the second set. She served and volleyed in the beginning of the third for Christ's sake, she knows how to beat Szavay, and she almost did. But Agnes believes in herself more than Elena (outside of Moscow/Fed Cup) and probably ever has. It's belief. Belief is why Agnes is so hyped up. If she doesn't win a slam, I would be surprised. I don't even like her. I'd rather her go away, honestly, she keeps beating all of my favorite players. But I digress. She should be considered a major threat, dunno why that's so hard to believe. And NO, it's not because she just beat my favorite player, it's because even though she'd played like shit prior to this event Agnes still knows what she is capable of, and that's the key.

This does not mean Elena should retire :rolleyes: that she can't win titles anymore (SHE JUST WON ONE THREE MONTHS AGO OVER SERENA YOU MORONS) :rolleyes: that she can't be considered elite :rolleyes:. It means against very smart players (not many, it must be said) Elena will usually come up short.

This would have been a sweet win, I will admit. But it wasn't meant to be. When Elena beats a top 10 player again or wins a big title this year, and her stupid fucking fans are saying "oh my god Elena you're so great!" I hope they remember this tournament and realize what morons they are. Elena has the most fickle fanbase ever, and I'm ashamed of most of them. I might be too critical of her or whatever, but I still believe in her. Maybe not to win a slam, but to at least win fucking Tier II titles. Jesus Christ. That's what pisses me off most about this loss. Even if she never won another match again she's still fucking better than 97% of most players to have ever played. :rolleyes:

Congratulations Agnes, again.

Take your pills, sweetie:hug:

RenaSlam.
Feb 10th, 2008, 01:23 AM
The Future is NOW.

Prizeidiot
Feb 10th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Not a type of match I'd expect Elena to lose. 7-5 in the third is the sort of thing she usually eats for breakfast.

Better luck next tournament I suppose

Sally Todd
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:20 AM

:eek::lol::worship:

People who like Agnes can see right through the weird hating, like it was cellophane.

Elena will live to see another day and win some more tight matches. That was a great post about her three-set record against top 10 players. Very impressive. When she loses to low-ranked players, or when she loses, she's just as likely if not more to go down quick, whether it's Schruff or Jankovic or Sharapova.

But consider me a great skeptic. Once Agnes straight-sets Elena like Schruff, then she'll be a force to reckon with. :D

RJWCapriati
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Very nice Agnes, right into another final - this should jumpstart her year! I see her winning either Indian Wells or Miami.

Haute
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Fabulous, Agi! :D :worship: Bring home title #3!

Aaron.
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure what you expect me to say. :shrug: Being in 3 finals of Tier IIs doesn't mean you are the next best thing since sliced bread. :tape: :lol:

faboozadoo15
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM

How is saying "get used to her winning a lot" hype? You have no idea what you're talking about. This is her third tier2 final in her last 4. She hasn't even been on the main tour for a full year now, and she's making her way toward the top 10. That's pretty amazing.

The anti-hungarian thing was just a guess/question. It's really quite startling how much distaste you have for a girl who hasn't even been on tour a year and has avoided scandal.

It's so annoying that some people are so eager to squash young hopefuls.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Agi :worship:

:hug: Elena

Slutati
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Elena why?:mad:

OsloErik
Feb 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
just saw this result in the newspaper. I'm in JFK airport, and paid the stupid fee to log on and type two things:

First and foremost, terrific job Agnes, I hope this tournament can get your year jump started. Here's to a successful spring hardcourts!

Second, while I didn't watch the match, can we have a moratorium on automatically calling Dementieva's losses when she serves for the match as chokes? I don't mean to be blunt, but it's hardly surprising that she drops her serve. If players with great serves have a little more difficulty closing out a match on serve, it's got to be near impossible for someone with, well, hers.

Daniela Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh my God!!! Poor Elena. Her service is a litle better. I think she spent the last year trying to improve the serve.