PDA

View Full Version : Who will win, Dementieva or Szavay?

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Who wins this SF in Paris?

Lukasz
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Elena for sure :p

azmad_88
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
i hope elena!

Wayn77
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Battle of the blonde bombshells - haven't a clue.

I do know this particular tie will be very pleasing on the eye :cool:

... Dementieva wins 6-2 0-6 6-4

Destiny
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
i hope Szavay

Demska
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Lena 46 61 64

Ceri
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Elena I hope! Good luck :)

Kirill_M
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Szavay 7-5 6-2

vma
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Agnes I'm afraid :(

Poova
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Dementieva 7-6(2), 6-4

Dave.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Elena!

I want Marion vs Elena in the final. :bounce:

cocco80
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
i have no problem with any of them winning.
hope it'll be a good match.

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
It all depends on Agnes.If she can bring her best,Dementieva can do nothing to stop her.
Agnes in two.(hopefully)

Talita Kumi
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Agnes :rocker:

frontier
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Szavay is the real deal,she will blow Elena away with smart shots.Everybody talks about the Anas,pova,jj,and other faceless 'ova's this girl is for real much better than all the afore mentioned and she will be a force in years to come.
Szavay will win in 2 sets.

cypher_88
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
hope Lena!

HenryMag.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM
it will be a nice battle...but I think Szavay will win it in 2 sets.

7-6 6-4

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM
They've never met before, so it depends on which girl will find the other's achilles heel. I hope it'll be Agnes. :)

Normalis104
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I hope Ágnes will win! (7:6, 6:3 ?)

LudwigDvorak
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've wanted Elena to meet Agnes ever since New Haven. I've been curious to see what would happen between these two. Also, I think Agnes won't be able to expose Elena's movement (which isn't a problem at all, of course) the way she has against Petrova or Hantuchova, when she's beaten then. She also has more weight on her shots, particularly on the forehand, so it'll be interesting to see how Agnes handles it. I've never seen her play a power player aside from Kuznetsova, and that didn't go too well. So we'll see.

I think either can win this. But after two matches I hope Elena's finding her feet and can play better in this round and hopefully the final. I won't be devastated if Agnes wins, I guess...I'll be sad for sure, but Agnes IS a good player, even if I don't quite think she deserves the hype. Agnes is bound to accumulate more big wins in her career, and this could be one.

Hope it's a good one. Delicious match-up.

Elwin.
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Lena :rocker:

jonny84
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I think Szavay has woken up and is back to her form of US Open/Beijing.
Szavay in two - 7:6 6:4

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Szavay is the real deal,she will blow Elena away with smart shots.Everybody talks about the Anas,pova,jj,and other faceless 'ova's this girl is for real much better than all the afore mentioned and she will be a force in years to come.

:tape: you are so stupid

Anyways, Agnes will win. At best, Dementieva will choke; at worst, Dementieva will be outplayed and blown away.:)

Pushkin
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Dementieva should win this one easily 6-2 6-4. Chakvetadze-Dementieva on Russian Sunday in Paris

kolan
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
dementieva will have to serve good against szavay to have a chance. i say szavay will win in 3 tough sets :)

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Szavay is the real deal,she will blow Elena away with smart shots.Everybody talks about the Anas,pova,jj,and other faceless 'ova's this girl is for real much better than all the afore mentioned and she will be a force in years to come.Szavay will win in 2 sets.
Uhmm maybe the reason we always talk about the serbians, sharapova etc is because they are GS winners(Maria), GS finalists(Ana),etc. What has agnes done? Win a tier 2?

AcesHigh
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I've wanted Elena to meet Agnes ever since New Haven. I've been curious to see what would happen between these two. Also, I think Agnes won't be able to expose Elena's movement (which isn't a problem at all, of course) the way she has against Petrova or Hantuchova, when she's beaten then. She also has more weight on her shots, particularly on the forehand, so it'll be interesting to see how Agnes handles it. I've never seen her play a power player aside from Kuznetsova, and that didn't go too well. So we'll see.

I think either can win this. But after two matches I hope Elena's finding her feet and can play better in this round and hopefully the final. I won't be devastated if Agnes wins, I guess...I'll be sad for sure, but Agnes IS a good player, even if I don't quite think she deserves the hype. Agnes is bound to accumulate more big wins in her career, and this could be one.

Agree with everything here.

I picked Szavay b/c Elena has a history of losing these matches she should win in obvious opportunities over the last year, but I'm hoping for a Dementieva-Bartoli final.

frontier
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:34 PM
:tape: you are so stupid

Anyways, Agnes will win. At best, Dementieva will choke; at worst, Dementieva will be outplayed and blown away.:):peat your heart out,the girl under your name is spineless and you know it:devil::lol::lol:Agnes has a chance of winning a slam than Dementieva or Ana:lick:

Droolv
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I want Agnes to win ;)

But Elena should win :yeah:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Agree with everything here.

I picked Szavay b/c Elena has a history of losing these matches she should win in obvious opportunities over the last year, but I'm hoping for a Dementieva-Bartoli final.

Just the last year? Try her career. :lol: 2006 was a really consistent year for her, the only bad loss was to Schruff. 11 of her 21 losses were to top 10 players. 2007 was kind of an odd year since she had injuries...but I hope she can resume that kind of consistency this year. She knows she has to win this match, she wants to be in the Olympics so bad. Winning this title would put her right back in the top 10...but it does seem too good to be true.

frontier
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Uhmm maybe the reason we always talk about the serbians, sharapova etc is because they are GS winners(Maria), GS finalists(Ana),etc. What has agnes done? Win a tier 2?Who remembers second best or non slam winners.Agnes is a new face and on her way to big and great things and has abundant talent she has beaten Russians Serbians left and right.The only Russian with a spine is pova the rest just make up the numbers as for the Serbians they yet have to win big to gain respect otherwise they are no different from Molik or Petrova. :p

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Who remembers second best or non slam winners.Agnes is a new face and on her way to big and great things and has abundant talent she has beaten Russians Serbians left and right.The only Russian with a spine is pova the rest just make up the numbers as for the Serbians they yet have to win big to gain respect otherwise they are no different from Molik or Petrova. :p

OMG shut up troll:tape:

patch.
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I dont mind if Agnes wins but Im hoping Elena (with a score somthing like 57 75 60 :p)

I hope whoever wins this wins the title

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:14 PM
It all depends on Agnes.If she can bring her best,Dementieva can do nothing to stop her.
Agnes in two.(hopefully)

Who is that hungarian , the new Navratilova or Seles at her best ? :rolleyes:

Don´t be ridiculous

frontier
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Who is that hungarian , the new Navratilova or Seles at her best ? :rolleyes:

Don´t be ridiculousShe is the future of women's tennis and a future GS champion and you better start dealing with it.:p
A star is born in Szavay!

Cp6uja
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Very hard to predict winner in this match. For me Agi is currently best young teenager prospect (after Nicole) and Elena maybe not played her best tennis right now (like 2004) but since october is already close to her 2005-2006 TOP10 form and she is obviously recover from thats injuries problems from 1st half of last season. If they both play theys best, Elena still have advantage.

Babolatpro880
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:46 PM

She was up a set and retired midway through the second at New Haven. The US Open match wasn't stellar, but one would assume that nerves affected that because it was her first GS QF.

Besides, I don't think it really compares. Kuznetsova's shots and Dementieva's shots are nothing alike anyway.

saint2
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:46 PM
She is the future of women's tennis and a future GS champion and you better start dealing with it.:p

Maybe first let her become that "GS champion", and then treating her like a modern day Graf... I dont know who will win its 50/50 to me...Propobly winner will be who will have a better day tomorrow...

LindsayRulz
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Elena in three sets.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
She is the future of women's tennis and a future GS champion and you better start dealing with it.:p

I don´t see GS material in Szavay

I saw GS material in Nadal when he was 16 years old and Djokovic when he was the number 140 of the world. But not in this case

cellophane
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM

And you are off your meds... YET AGAIN.

frontier
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:35 PM
And you are off your meds... YET AGAIN.coming from a dope fiend like you!:lol::lol::lol::help::p

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:41 PM
coming from a dope fiend like you!:lol::lol::lol::help::p :unsure: :cuckoo:

daniela86
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Elena in 3 :D :rocker2: She was rather good today and if she keeps that level,she should beat Agi:p :rocker2:

No Name Face
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Dementieva.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I don´t see GS material in Szavay

I saw GS material in Nadal when he was 16 years old and Djokovic when he was the number 140 of the world. But not in this case

:lol: Sorry friend, but I don't trust your instinct about Szavay. ;)

I remember last year while Agnes was playing against Jelena in Beijing, there was a thread about the final, where you started with a "She is a choker, Not top 10 material definetely" post, but finished with a "top 3 for sure". Changed your mind in 1 hour or so. :)

(Don't take this seriously, but you also said in the same thread that Djokovic is a helpless choker. :) )

Bruno71
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:31 AM
And you are off your meds... YET AGAIN.

You have to actually take meds once in awhile to be considered off them.

kinglear
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM

Szavay does have smart shots, but I think if Lena takes the ball mad early and serves well. Also, it's all about playing the big points well. I just hope Lena lets her experience take her through. :angel:

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:53 AM
You have to actually take meds once in awhile to be considered off them.

True... true.

parn2257
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:33 AM
dementieva....^-^

Sassy-Na
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:36 AM
maybe dementieva, maybe agnes.

C. Drone
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:56 AM
If Agi brings her smiles on the court like yesterday, then Lena is hopeless. Otherwise 50/50.

Topspin2
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Lena in 3 sets

FedererBulgaria
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Elena in 3

vrp1
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Lena :hearts: will win in 3!

mankind
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Aga is killing her at the moment. We'll see how long she can keep it up.

dya74
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
it looks like elena's back!

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
i told ya...